Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:37 am
Game prices in general have been a point of contention for quite some time. I remember when they started becoming available on discs instead of cartridges. It was believed the price would come down, since you were buying software instead of hardware. The price didn't go down. Now we have these highly complicated things that cost Millions upon millions of dollars to make each, and everyone is just used to paying absurd prices for a game. Yes, the price does come down eventually, but people want to play the games when they come out. When all the hype is there, and you're excited to play the game, instead of later when you can afford it.

I think I'm up to date on the anime. I know I've watched the conclusion of the fight between all might and his rival many times. Such a powerful episode.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:29 pm
That point when your day is bad enough to make you long for your villain character.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:40 pm
I recall DreamCast games launching at $30-40; just 2 generations are look where we are...
The jump to HD and standard of full voice acting have both inflated game budgets ludicrously. Now AA teams are showing that they can achieve 90% of AAA w/ 10% of the budget (which, to be fair, is at least partially understandable due to the Pareto principle).
Of course, being able to take part in the conversation and not being spoiled on some important detail are understandable. I'm accustomed to that since i've never had a cutting edge PC and have been been much of a console gamer since Sega's hardware business died.

Okay, good, b/c I have to say "UNITED STATES OF SMASH! the timing of which was oddly coincidentally w/ Nintendo's announcement of Super Smash Bros Ultimate wherein all characters from all previous games are present."

I'm sorry today was a bad one for you.
I just got back from visiting for 1 1/2 days of my brother's family's beach trip, and the usual doldrums that accompany a taste of the good life...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:20 pm
I can't stop watching the show. It is sooooooo damn GOOD! I keep tearing up- but not because I'm sad. It evokes such raw emotion that I am hooked with each episode. It either is that powerful, or is the buildup for another feeling like that. Izuku's hero moments are incredible. What All Might did in the latest one was so incredibly touching. I just can't get over how much I love this thing.

Incidentally, Not a fan of Super Smash Bros. Perhaps because the last nintendo product I had other than my barely used Wii was the NES. Yes. that old thing. I've been too deep in the Playstation world for too long, and their attempt at the Smash format was lackluster.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:17 pm
100% agree; it is and continues to be incredibly riveting.
You might enjoy this vid talking about it: Gigguk

I loved Smash 3, but even though I bought 4 I never got around to playing it very much, so not sure if I'll be grabbing 5 on release.
I was a Sega kid, and am now Nintendo; always with a heavy dose of PC on the side from those genres that didn't or still don't control as well with controllers (TBS, RTS, & FPS).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:05 pm
I'm actually powering my way through the English dub with my older daughter. I'm surprised at how good it is, but find myself preferring the subtitled version. We'll see when we reach the end of Stain's story arc. Season 3 isn't dubbed yet, so if she wants to keep going, we will have to move to subbed.

And Izuku's mom is dubbed the Cinnamom. A precious cinnamon bun too pure for this world and among anime's best moms. Standing up to All Might and the alienation from her only son to do what is right for him. Such greatness in writing!!!!  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Vierling

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 pm
Hello all, I'm new to the guild nice to meet you all!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:19 am
Vierling
Hello all, I'm new to the guild nice to meet you all!

A pleasure. I'm always happy to see new people come in. We may not be as active as we once were, but those that are here are always friendly. I hope you enjoy your time here.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:15 pm
I think there is a simul-dub of MHA Season 3 airing on Funimation.
Yeah, that was quite the confrontation; loved the juxtaposition that All Might thought Deku's mother would be an easy talk compared to the other parents.

Welcome, Vierling!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:53 pm
Ah, yes. The catch is that I don't have funimation, only crunchyroll and hulu. They work. When I tried contacting/using funimation it did not go well. I'm in no hurry to actually give them money.

Did you see MatPat diss the show? I found myself getting defensive. Guess I'm a real fan. sweatdrop  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:09 am
I don't have Funi either, and I don't blame you; their streaming service has historically been awful. The new VRV combo service between Crunchy & Funi might be up your alley if you've not heard of it.

I stopped watching MatPat a few years ago; it seemed like he ran out of steam/ideas and was churning on obvious things; I don't entirely remember many examples aside from his (and, to be fair, many "science"-loving types') obsession w/ fiction inaccurately saying "raw/pure energy" despite almost always meaning plasma (DBZ was the subject of that video).
Later finding out he doesn't write/research the episodes anymore and just performs them ensured I would never return to being a regular viewer.

Ugh, already 102 F and it's only 1pm... This 7+ date heat wave might be the death of me. *is a lightweight with high humidity*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 pm
I had heard of it, and in fact considered getting it. I have no real interest in 6 of the 8 bundled services. Only Crunchyroll and Funimation had my attention. The catch being that I wanted to see what the latter was like as I enjoy the former's free services. Crunchyroll makes me wait a week or two to see new stuff, and that is actually a fair trade off. I won't see it brand new, but as one of my favorite shows said

Brooklyn from Gargoyles
I know something (most) don't. Something that only comes with age. I know how to wait.

Such brings me to how I went to Funimation and signed up for a free account. Trust me, there were things in their library like Summer Wars that I was excited to see! But . . . everything I was interested in was locked behind the paywall permanently. There was no rhyme or reason behind it. Anything worthwhile was locked away. I even found them on Facebook and messaged them to ask. "Is there any way to determine what is free, and what is paid?" That way I knew how to search for things that could be seen. Despite asking several times, no response. That left a sour taste in my mouth.

So I am aware of VRV, but won't likely use it. I'm too patient with Crunchyroll, and too concerned with Funimation.

Matpat isn't my favorite personality, but his theories are about 60/40 interesting. A better than half chance that I will enjoy the content. everybody will run out of groundbreaking ideas sooner or later, and I can enjoy him without being a rabid fan. For instance, I really don't care about how much sweat Bakugou was producing. Like, at all. Of all the interesting theories he could have come up with, that was lame as hell. He really doesn't do the work any longer? Hmmm. Odd. I would have thought he put some effort in still. That's rather sad. A scientist for nerddom devolved into a figurehead and mouthpiece.

The summer does seem to be a rather unbearable one, ne? I am thankful for whatever tolerance my latent Texan genes seems to be giving me. Despite never going outside unless i have to, I can deal. We have a lot of moisture here, as well. With the creek nearby my house we are likely close to 100%, making this area incredibly weak to the scale of temperature and moisture. Cold begets fog and clamminess. heat begets mugginess and thick air. I'm uncomfortable, but those around me appear to be suffering far worse than me. Today in my kitchen/work, the temperature was reading 79 degrees. I was hot, but dealing. Only when hustling did I really start to sweat.

This is only July 1st. I dread what mid-to-late August has in store for us.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:58 pm
I don't generally desire Funi's service except for nostalgic shows or their continuations/reboots that keep the same dub cast (see FLCL 2 & 3), so I'm content with Crunchy for now, but subs are definitely not to everybody's taste and require adjustment since many are not accustomed to reading quickly enough to still view the images on screen (to say nothing of the numerous other issues in subbed media, like cultural jokes that haven't been localized despite being translated).

A great quote.

Funi's streaming service has undergone so many redesigns, and the overall UI is still bad (to say nothing of their business plan that is the inverse of Crunchy's).

I don't have a problem ultimately if MatPat cannot find the time/energy/ideas to write every ep; I just wish he was forthcoming about that.

I live on wetland as well, and our house only has a single in-window air conditioner (our other windows are too small for one).
For whatever reason I found the heat oddly bearable when I was working at McDonald's. I don't know what sense that makes, but perhaps the heat of the grills & oil dried the air sufficiently?
Finally coming to an end, it appears, but meteorologists are speculating this is the setup for a repeating pattern akin to the twice weekly snow we had for a couple of months a few winters ago; I pray they're wrong...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 pm
peeks in  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:11 pm
Chaos Reclaimer
peeks in

*tackles* hey, buddy. smile  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games