Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:19 pm
yeah, I have been thinking of you and yours, hoping for the best for all of you. Still, I didn't want to intrude. You'd come back when you could. No need to pester you.

As for discord- been on it for a long time now. Prime#8823. Feel free to message me at any time.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:11 pm
Appreciated.

Ah, invite sent!  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:03 pm
*Pokes across multiple programs*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:53 pm
Sometimes, I wonder why I check in so often....  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:25 pm
Sorry... sweatdrop

Has your work situation been stable?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:32 pm
work has been stable enough . . . though my car is acting off now. I suddenly had a bad leak in a tire and had to limp it along with a can of fix-a-flat. When I finally got time to take it for a patch, they spent 90 minutes working on that tire. No leak was ever found. Its damn odd, but holding pressure now, so here's hoping it was just a fluke/phantom leak.

And don't worry. I know your situation is rather awkward right now. Its still a sore spot for me to see this place so dead, though. Its nobody's fault, but it still makes me sad to see Swan, Tana, and Kira all have okay runs and me watching over a dead guild.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 pm
Time sure flies...

Weird, but glad it wasn't serious. The sudden shift in temperature this past weekend has made my car start complaining about the tire pressure.

At least you can take solace in knowing it wasn't your fault; online roleplaying & Gaia's culture have both changed a lot over time, ultimately shrinking. Teenagers just don't use forums anymore, by-in-large (I can only imagine how bad the guilds look in a mobile interface), and the old guard have all become too busy with adult cares to spend time roleplaying; then there's the resurgence of tabletopping that d&d 5e is causing.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:32 pm
so . . . I am thinking it is the tire pressure ~sensor~ not the tire. The thorough checkup has given me peace of mind. And yet, the sensor is fluctuating wildly. From 14psi to 38 and back again in the span of a few minutes. Then it climbs so high the tire would have exploded, but no- I am fine. So yeah, the tire is good, the sensor is bad. I'm sure of it. I can live with that.

I know it isn't my fault. I know it never was. But still. . . just an old man pining for better days. I barely RP anymore for lack of people to do it with. That, and my stubborn difficulties with systems. I swear, every time I do get into a new game I flourish in the RP and story. Then I flounder is stats and math. It makes no sense why such would confound me so.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:46 pm
welian#6782

You know, just in case. I'm there all the time. : ) I've made my new home in some very active RP forums, in case any of my beloved old men here are interested in returning to freeform roleplaying.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:59 am
Already approved ya, we like. whee  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:29 pm
Unreliable sensors are the worst, especially as more things regarding cars are automated and you can't simply ignore the sensor as much anymore.

And unfortunately roleplaying in tabletop systems is about the only roleplaying I do anymore (and even then barely).

Friend request sent ^^

I would love to RP more, but I know I won't be able to dedicate the necessary time & focus to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:26 am
Unfortunately, that's one of the main reasons I still do the bulk of my role playing here. Instead of dedicating a large amount of time like an entire day to a tabletop session, I can dedicate an hour to writing. A good post takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to a little over an hour. And, the people on here that still do role-play seem to be patient enough to wait a few days for me to have time to actually write a post.

Right now my car is functional, but only just. I've got a gasket leaking oil quite badly, but I can't afford to take it to the mechanic and have them rip apart the entire engine just to replace a gasket on the bottom of it. So, whenever payday comes around, I pick up a couple bottles of oil and just keep putting more oil in it. The tire sensor is annoying, but something I can ignore for now. I can easily see the tires not losing pressure enough to be a concern. In fact, I don't think it's losing pressure at all. I've already replaced the sensor in the cooling system that was causing me issues, so another sensor going bad does not surprise me.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

CrimeLad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Good evening! Having just been accepted into the guild, I thought I should introduce myself. I've just recently returned to Gaia after many years away, so I'm not new, per se. But everything is different and scary, so I might as well be.

As you may have guessed, I love to roleplay! I've got about a decade of experience in structured roleplay including tabletop games and collaborative writing, but my freeform and forum-based experiences aren't nearly so numerous. I roleplay to sharpen my pen and create compelling stories, and I'm always on the lookout for more opportunities!

As for me, I enjoy reading, watching anime, and discovering new music. I enjoy the act of creation in all it's forms, although I'm only competent at writing.

Right now I'm gathering interested people for a structured roleplay of my own, set in the Battletech universe.

Thanks for giving this a read, and have a wonderful day!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:44 pm
Hello. smile  

VampSadriaMoore

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:11 pm
Hello, new refugees. Always nice to have a new face or two about. I would ask what brings you here....but....duh. instead, I would ask what kind of RP you enjoy. Just to break the ice, you know. mrgreen  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games