Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Post your picture/ random pictures/dream avatars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 522 523 524 525 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:03 pm
@Matyy - Haha just a little paranoid.. I don't think it will happen that soon, since there are many - even Western countries - which have quite few internet-using people, such as France..

@Mihiko - Yes.. he's only, like, the richest man in the world..

@t0sh - He's making his son work for himself, though.. razz

I quite want to try a Mac actually.. although they don't have right click. :/

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:28 pm
t0shi0
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bill Gates is so rich cool.

Tosh hopes that he'll adopt her someday.

xD
You'd best be careful around them extremely rich geeks... he's so rich he could probably get away with manslaughter, let alone.. gonk *envisages t0sh's molestation adventure*

@Mihiko: xd !!

@Matyy: Wow, you really have seen the future, Linuxman. We'll all be bed-ridden with tubes coming out from every orifice, living our lives just like you said, in the web 2.0. You're like the geekier version of nostradamus. ^^ *hails*

@Niph: You basically said everything I wanted to say, while I was sidetracked by this guy on msn. >__>  

Tokioka

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:06 pm

Aw.

That's so king of y-

Wait.

You're picturing me what?

=A=;;

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:20 pm
t0shi0

Bill Gates is so rich cool.

Tosh hopes that he'll adopt her someday.

xD

Just so you can inherit all of his money if he carks it? rofl I'd doubt he want to adopt an asian child and besides, what would your parents think of you abandoning them?

Mattyy: Lol you use Linux. I've heard only the smartest of the geeks and those who are good at programming use it. The rest of us are too dumb or lazy and simply stick with windows instead. xd
And yeah that nightmarish dystopic future you predicted there could very well happen, sooner than we think. Already the internet's become much more centralised and all encompasing than it was a five years ago.  

Minielf

Matyy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:40 am
Minielf: That was so, but it's past. Nowadays anyone who can install Windows can also install Linux. When you install Linux now, you put in an install CD, which starts a live environment, that is a fully working Linux running from CD, most often already with internet configured, so you can use Firefox, IRC chat and instant messenger (MSN, ICQ, AIM, Jabber...) before even installing anything! So you can already contact help... and than you just double click on "install now!" wink

You should know what a partition is, tough. But you should know that if you install Windows, too. And you should check if your hardware has linux drivers.

But than, for example with Ubuntu you have a wonderful, simple to use, free and beautiful system running. I install it beginners who have not a lot of experience with Windows - no viruses, no spyware, no adware, no troyans. For people who use IM, browser, chat, office, digicam it's perfect.

If someone here ever wants to give it a try pm me.

That's how my Linux used to look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYauF96VoRc

That's how it looks right now:
http://ubuntuforums.org/g/images/16188/1_250507-2.jpg

Not from me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=684OLRsTrrs

So you can see, it's not anymore that ubergeeks OS...

but I don't want to spam you anymore with this ^^

And to that pessimistic future: 50-60 years... I mean, there are calculations, that say, that in about 40 years there will be supercomputers that have the computing power of all brains on earth together.

But I believe that this things can be used for good, too. And I am not even that sure if it's really bad, if we communicate like this, after all, people could become more equal. The question is how we achieve it. And I believe todays capitalism must be transformed to something different.

Ah, sorry I can't finish my thoughts, I have to hurry to University, I am writing a test in Chinese language in thirty minutes ^^.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:45 am
@t0sh: esh. he limits her (real) daughter's computer time to 45 mins every day. week(i can't remember); if i did not remember wrongly. D: no good for mental health.  

kt_jingle

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:51 am
@t0sh - Yeeeeah. Just don't go near that guy. D<

@Toki - What guy?! Toki has a boyfriend?! HOW COULD YOU DITCH 'ELFY?!

Linux.. I dunno, I just can't be bothered to change OS. xD -laziness- Although I do really want Vista though.. anyone here have it yet?

@Matyy - It's useless making such massive extrapolative predictions. It's like saying there'll be no fish left in 50 years' time. It's ridiculous. The rate of growth//expansion will not stay the same. Granted, it may speed up, but I think it's more likely for it to slow down as the Western world reaches maximum capacity whilst the third world tries to catch up resource-wise. Also.. humans are reasonable creatures, for the most part. It just won't happen, IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:37 am
Niphz: I'd like to share your optimism ^^ But I am not that pessimistic, you are right, there are a lot of reasonable humans, too. Still I like to show things in a drastic way, so perhaps others will start to think about those things, too. If no one cares, it could go very wrong.  

Matyy

soumakisa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:13 am
    × im only using win xp professional..
    aye.. that bill gates guy.. quite an amazing person.. he doesnt even have a degree and he could become a leader in the computer world and become uberly rich. so good ne...
    linux is more for programmers and anti-microsoft user...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:06 am
@kisa: yeah me too. only at xp. gimme vista luhh!  

kt_jingle

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:02 pm
D: Want Vista!

Utterly amazing PoT art.

Mainly it's tezufuji, with random other things.. <3 you have to click 'PICT' on the right hand side and then click the little squares under 'Tennis'. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:03 pm

I want vista too.

Dx

And I hate talented people.

;_____;

Like this girl.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:38 pm
Meh I'm happy to stick with XP. Vista's too new at the moment. I'll wait till all the drivers for current and new hardware become available on it and then I'll get Vista. Or I'll buy a brand-new Vista installed PC within a year or so.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:30 pm
@ niph: pro!! who drew it?

@ t0sh: OMG! that's even more a pro! D: scream gonk crying GIMME THOSE SKILLS PLEASE. her art are so pretty!  

kt_jingle

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:42 pm
I don't think I'd ever change OS or anything really integral on my computers, just out of fear of screwing everything up. Just imagine you typed some command prompt incorrectly and your computer wouldn't start up again. I'd just about die. x__x

@Niph: Nah, I'm a loyal boyfriend. 3nodding
The msn dude is a 30-something loner otaku guy I met at Ayacon a few years back. He was complaining about how he's never had a girlfriend and all this other crap I had to deal with. Lame. rolleyes  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 522 523 524 525 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games