Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tyr525

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:50 am
I think everyone is rather off about Resident Evil 5. I'd rather them gain the middle ground with new material than keep the franchise stagnant and rotting (zombie joke) and just do new takes on the same thing for the WTF-ever-th time. I got my fill of the originals, and I loved 4 to death, even though when I think Resident Evil, I think of zombies, which the Las Plagas victims aren't really. However, just like the G-Virus was a branch-off of the T-Virus, I believe that the Las Plagas is just another step in the virus chain for us. :]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 am
"I believe that the Las Plagas is just another step in the virus chain for us"

Well, considering the Plagas is a parasite, that's not saying much. Why people dislike 4 is very simple. They went from normal people in crazy-a** situations to secret agent, doing backflips, jumping out of two story buildings and having an action movie feel to it. The RE games have always been about survival/horror, 4 tossed us into just action/horror. Not just that, following suite of the most RPGs, they gave the main character a feminine look, and even included a weapon upgrading system. In addition to that, they really went into an action hero more with Leon, as stated with the backflips, and jumping out of windows two stories to the ground. What would happen if I saw a big a** monster? I'd s**t myself. Leon, he just goes, 'damn' and faces it. And he pretty much does that, or "You think that scares me?"
Add in the annoying a** character, and well, you got something fans hate.  

Elliot Salem

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:56 am
Couldn't have said it better, Elliot. 3nodding

And today's a good day. Ish. razz It's been a whole decade! Today marks ten years since our favorite little mansion incident. Yayyy! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:58 am
I'm still standing firmly behind Capcom and their decision with this new medium that they've taken, because all though everyone believes the series to have changed, I believe that it's something that needed to be done.

And as far as the "Evolution of the virus" thing is concerned, I know it's a parasite. It's a metaphorical evolution I'm talking about. Not literal.

As far as the action is concerned, you had to end up facing huge a** monsters before and still play the action hero, slamming them with magnum rounds and grenade rounds when any normal person would turn tail and proclaim "******** that noise." And if the survival aspect is the style of an old set of systems and how they played out, then I will agree, it was good, but couldn't last forever.  

Tyr525

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:09 am
I'm all for change, but some change is unwelcome.
The biggest enemy you faced in any of the old RE was probably in CV. Now, one huge enemy isn't too unbelievable, but you had to face not 1, not 2 but 4 of the ********. Not only that, but by a lava pit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:20 am
And almost every baddie you kill sprouts a parasite that's almost the size of their entire torso...  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 pm
Tyr525
I'm still standing firmly behind Capcom and their decision with this new medium that they've taken, because all though everyone believes the series to have changed, I believe that it's something that needed to be done.

It's true, people would become bored of the survivor horror style and RE would of been bashed eventually. But I believe Capcom was greedy. They didn't have to make this great action game part of the RE universe, they did just to milk the series even more.

I'm all for RE4 and RE5 and still hope that the story will be redeemed.
I just fear for the future of survivor horror.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:56 pm
Well, if people had become bored with it, they could have just discreetly ended the series, and then started up something new like... Resident Evil: The Aftermath... or somesuch.

Although I'm not looking forward to it, I'll watch a playthrough of RE5 just to keep on top of the franchise... I'm not having high hopes for my Zombie taste buds to be satisfied, but nonetheless, even if I don't like it, as a mod of this guild I should be educated about the crap Capcom is putting its fans through.

Just my take on things.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:01 pm
Canas Renvall
Couldn't have said it better, Elliot. 3nodding

And today's a good day. Ish. razz It's been a whole decade! Today marks ten years since our favorite little mansion incident. Yayyy! biggrin

Oh, sure, you give him props, but I've been saying the exact same thing for the pas I dunno how long, and nobody ever said anything.

Normally, I disagree with the "Ignorance is bliss" motto. But in RE5's case, I think I'll make an exception. Frankly I think it makes me more of a Resident Evil fan to ignore the new generation.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:24 pm
I beg to differ. Almost any time you badmouthed RE5 I was in agreement or backing you up.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:33 pm
Backing me up yes, but it was never like, "Couldn't have said it better myself." When I was saying exactly the same thing. I'm glad that Elliot agrees with me to such an extent.

On another note, I've heard some people in the past bitching about Sony's Customer Support, well screw you, I say, to those people. I guess Sony's got some kinda glitch on their website, basically I forgot my Playstation Underground password and I couldn't retrieve it. So I contacted them, and they reset my password for me. So once again, Sony has retained my loyalty.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 pm
Even though I agree, I'll still play the game. Just watching a playthrough or reading about it doesn't do any game justice. No matter how bad the game is, or if it ruins or is ruining the franchise it still deserves to be played. Even if you don't buy it, rent it, borrow it from a friend. Find a place to buy it cheap.

Microsoft's Customer Support is apparently pretty bad. I never had to use it, so I don't know. Never had to deal with Sony's either.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:07 pm
Not even gonna look at the back of the case when I'm at the store. RE5 does not exist and it never will. The only way I'll play RE5 is if someone actually paid me a decent amount of money to play it. And I mean like... $10 per hour of gameplay.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:48 pm
You do that, I'll just ignore the plot and focus on the gameplay.

Anyway, The Chain-Linked Fence fanfiction has been updated. Someone should go and update it some more.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:13 pm
See, I can't just ignore the plot. If I were to buy RE5 and just skip all the cinematics, then sure, it might be a fun experience. But then it would essentially be an action game with no storyline. And sure, I like many action games for their gameplay, but why do I like Metal Gear Solid, or Syphon Filter, or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune above others? Because of the storylines. Even going as far back as NES days, my favorite game was Double Dragon 2, why? Because it had kick a** slideshow style cinematics that drove the plot along. Without the storyline, I really don't see the point of playing a game, unless it has something truly unique to offer.
For example, "MAG" (Massive Online Game) I'll definitely check out because of its scale, I mean 256 players playing at once, that's damn epic.
But for example, Warhawk, having absolutely no storyline at all, didn't appeal to me at all.
RE5 has nothing unique to offer, gameplay wise. I can enjoy very similar conventions in Uncharted, only WITH a good storyline. With a storyline, RE5 will once again ruin Resident Evil for me. But without a storyline, it'll just be another storyless action game, and frankly, I don't see the point.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games