Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
MSPANCE - 154 Let's try this again (Sorry to necro) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Benzene Sama

5,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:44 pm
Speaking as that crazy-and-insane-math-genius-slash-really-cool-friend-guy-who-can-use-hyphens-just-as-well-as-you-can, I can say that your conjecture about me being wrong is in effect wrong. The theory of experimental probabilities states that any theoretical probability, (i.e., the mathematical result of the equation) that is over 100% or 1.0 probability, in practice, the probability remains at exactly 1.0 or 100% (depending on if you are or are not using percentages).

Also, I don't remember that it was the protagonist who "threw" the the pineapple, it was on a spring that shot it out of the robot carney's claw.

Ennokni
KeyBlader1
Speaking of math, I've got something funny to share. I have a friend at school who I can safely say is a math god and is completely and utterly insane. He has crappy internet, so when he can over to my house, I showed him this comic. He thought it was funny as hell, and for way-back, when we through the chest out the open hole in the wall, and the comment said what were the odds of that happening, this is what he told me...

Quote:
((bad judgment (as defined by bad ideas/ good ideas)/ Area of the hole x pi) x Initial velocity - 9.8 M/s/s)^2 / wind direction(in degrees away from hole) x speed ^2, divided by the convenient story-based phenomenon constant times the inverse change of the boredom of the instigator, you get about 9000.1% exactly

Just thought that would be interesting to share

Tell your friend he's amazing but also entirely wrong. The odds were 1. Of course it would fly out the hole because that's the direction you threw it in. There is no chance involved. Take that really-cool-friend-guy.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:13 pm
Benzene Sama
Speaking as that crazy-and-insane-math-genius-slash-really-cool-friend-guy-who-can-use-hyphens-just-as-well-as-you-can, I can say that your conjecture about me being wrong is in effect wrong. The theory of experimental probabilities states that any theoretical probability, (i.e., the mathematical result of the equation) that is over 100% or 1.0 probability, in practice, the probability remains at exactly 1.0 or 100% (depending on if you are or are not using percentages).

Also, I don't remember that it was the protagonist who "threw" the the pineapple, it was on a spring that shot it out of the robot carney's claw.

Ennokni
KeyBlader1
Speaking of math, I've got something funny to share. I have a friend at school who I can safely say is a math god and is completely and utterly insane. He has crappy internet, so when he can over to my house, I showed him this comic. He thought it was funny as hell, and for way-back, when we through the chest out the open hole in the wall, and the comment said what were the odds of that happening, this is what he told me...

Quote:
((bad judgment (as defined by bad ideas/ good ideas)/ Area of the hole x pi) x Initial velocity - 9.8 M/s/s)^2 / wind direction(in degrees away from hole) x speed ^2, divided by the convenient story-based phenomenon constant times the inverse change of the boredom of the instigator, you get about 9000.1% exactly

Just thought that would be interesting to share

Tell your friend he's amazing but also entirely wrong. The odds were 1. Of course it would fly out the hole because that's the direction you threw it in. There is no chance involved. Take that really-cool-friend-guy.

Rethink what you've just said, my friend.
If I have to point it out for you, I will.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm
Guys, my insane-genius friend. Benzene, the cult. Nice to see you on.
And Cookie, if you value your sanity, do NOT challenge him to a battle of who-is-right-and-who-is-wrong. You will lose faster than my blind run of the original punch out.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:30 pm
KeyBlader1
And Cookie, if you value your sanity, do NOT challenge him to a battle of who-is-right-and-who-is-wrong. You will lose faster than my blind run of the original punch out.

My apologies. I had no idea it was possible for chance and probability to ever be above 100%.
Your friend is hilariously wrong, and I will challenge him to an entirely separate math battle if I must.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Benzene Sama

5,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 pm
Wantcookie
KeyBlader1

My apologies. I had no idea it was possible for chance and probability to ever be above 100%.
Your friend is hilariously wrong, and I will challenge him to an entirely separate math battle if I must.

Well actually, it is, and it's not.
Probabilities of over 100% are only theoretical, not experimental, but they are still "technically" considered to be 100%
Regardless, percent probabilities over 100% are actually used in the real world  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:02 am
>Dump CONTENTS of CHEST onto GROUND.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:10 am
>Stop talking about MATHS and GET ON WITH MSPANCE.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:17 am
Getting us back on track here.

>Totally ignore the now unlocked chest and either:

>>Get RUNNING START and use CAPE to fly up to the top of the SHED and retrieve PINEAPPLE.

>>Knit LADDER to use to climb to the top of the SHED and retrieve PINEAPPLE.

>>Knit LASSO and use it to grab and retrieve PINEAPPLE from top of SHED.

>>Activate ROBOT PARROT and order it to fly up to the top of the SHED and retrieve PINEAPPLE.

>>Use the FALCON DIVING HUG to super jump to the top of the SHED and retrieve PINEAPPLE.

>>Enraged at the inability to get the PINEAPPLE, run up and FALCON PAUNCH the KEYPAD in hopes of somehow getting PINEAPPLE.

Can yu guess what I wanna see happen?

Hashire Kazemeijin

Distinct Enabler

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:24 am
Hashire Kazemeijin

>Totally ignore the now unlocked chest and either:

>>Get RUNNING START and use CAPE to fly up to the top of the SHED and retrieve PINEAPPLE.

>>Knit LADDER to use to climb to the top of the SHED and retrieve PINEAPPLE.

>>Knit LASSO and use it to grab and retrieve PINEAPPLE from top of SHED.

>>Activate ROBOT PARROT and order it to fly up to the top of the SHED and retrieve PINEAPPLE.

>>Use the FALCON DIVING HUG to super jump to the top of the SHED and retrieve PINEAPPLE.

>>Enraged at the inability to get the PINEAPPLE, run up and FALCON PAUNCH the KEYPAD in hopes of somehow getting PINEAPPLE.

Can yu guess what I wanna see happen?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. biggrin ?  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:28 am
-Zephyrotica-
Hashire Kazemeijin

(Awesome suggestions)
(Freaky Picture) biggrin ?

Ok I'll take a pass on that.  

Hashire Kazemeijin

Distinct Enabler

Ennokni

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:16 pm
Aw hell dammit my deadline is coming up isn't it.

Look, R-C-F-G or G-F whatever you want to be called. I thought you meant the treasure chest. Secondly, no the chance were 100%. Always.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Ennokni

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:40 pm
>Look at GROUND where ITEM fell.

>Put CHEST in INVENTORY  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:59 pm
>Jump forward  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games