Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:26 pm
Not for some. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:33 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Hey, if you're used to the game, there's nothing like the Real Survival mode to put that fear and ammo conservation back into Resident Evil.

You know, that's a good idea. 3nodding I've been doing too much talking about RE and not enough playing it. I know I still have that game saved. I might just start over from the beginning, though.

AngelaAshford
Don't be embarrassed. That game is hard. x_x

I don't know. I think the original remains the hardest, followed by Code Veronica. I still never unlocked the Infinite Rocket Launcher in that! stressed Because of that stupid, stupid Tyrant! This is the requirement:

Get an "A" ranking in the normal game by completing it without saving, no first aid sprays, and no retries. Additionally, save Steve from the Luger quickly, give the Medicine to Rodrigo, and complete the game with a time less than 4:30.

Well, after getting all the way to the Tyrant and dying, you really aren't up for going through that s**t all over again. And I've attempted it three times. The Tyrant always screws me over! scream And I always died at least once on Steve too. So I'm sure if I ever did manage to get past the Tyrant, Steve would end up screwing me. At the very end. And then my brain would pop while I simultaneously s**t my pants. And then I would be a drooling vegetable for the rest of my life.

But thank you for the support, ma'am. ^_^  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:43 am
Are you serious? CV is easy! Although I never went for S rank...

Technically you can save once, at least in the Dreamcast version before you change the discs. 3nodding

You do use the B.O.W. rounds on the Tyrant right? I'd highly recommend using them on the plane (still use the grenade launcher afterwords, although I can't remember which exact rounds worked the best against him), and just pummeling him with fire bow rounds in the first battle (I think 14 gets him).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:57 am
CV is easy? Are you kidding? REmake is easier than CV.

I did have CV for Dreamcast, but never attempted for the Infinite Rocket Launcher until I got it again for the Gamecube. (I had sold my Dreamcast, because I figured I'd just get the whole series on Gamecube, which I eventually did. But then I bought another Dreamcast and got RE2 and RE3 for it... but still haven't replaced CV)

Yeah, I always used the B.O.W. rounds on him. But he always ate up a s**t ton of my grenade launcher rounds when he's after you on the way to the plane. And the plane is where his a** always killed me. Because you have to keep operating that... what the hell was that thing called...? And he just walks through all of your ammunition. Yeah, he might flinch once or twice, but that's it.

But really, I might just have to retract my statement and say that CV was the hardest. Or at least had the biggest pains in the asses in it. Remember those stupid moths that poisoned you every time you walked out of that save room? stressed And plus, CV is long. It's probably the longest one. That's not a bad thing, of course. But when you're trying to unlock the Infinite Rocket launcher, it is. RE1 is pretty hard, but that's mainly due to the fact that's it's the first one, and you don't have the luxuries of auto-aim and stuff like that available to you. Plus, the zombies are hard to put down with just your pistol. They actually made the US version harder than the Japanese one. I don't understand why.

EDIT: Oh, you know what? The Gamecube version of CV is two disc too. I just checked my copy. Damn, it's been a while...  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 am
You don't have to constantly mess with the switch. Just have some patience and wait a little bit (I know it's a tiny space, but you can avoid the Tyrant quite a bit.), and then try the switch after you've pummeled the Tyrant with ammo.

OMG I hated those ******** moths and their ******** larva! They were the only enemies that really annoyed me. Remember the unpleasant surprise you got when you shot your first HCF zombie, the ones with the white boxes on their backs? I died on my first encounter (the L-shaped hall by the lift), and I was like WTF HAPPENED?! O_o

There's auto-aim on one of the control settings in Director's Cut. I have yet to beat it as Chris (I technically have before, but it was with a gameshark.). >.<

Yet the Japanese version of CV has numerous difficulty settings, including a Very Easy mode where you have a rocket launcher to start with. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:20 am
Well, I never constantly messed with the switch. I always waited for it to beep and turn green first. And I always had a couple of different techniques. Sometimes, I'd just hang by close to the switch, and other times, I'd run, bob, weave, whatever the hell I had to do to avoid him, but he still always ended up catching me and killing me at least once almost every time. I probably should have mastered him like you obviously did before I made attempts at the Infinite Rocker Launcher.

LOL, yes I remember. They got me too, the bastards. xd

Wesker... you'll pay for that.

Yeah, I have Director's Cut. But I'm talking the original here. The one with the huge, plastic box that all the old PS1 games used to come in.

And WHAT?!?! gonk Damn Japan. They always get more for their Yen when it comes to videogames.  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:39 am
The best way to learn is through trial & error. 3nodding I has piss poor ammo when I first went against him and I had to end up backtracking with one of my other saves, which was when the worm appeared. That experience definitely taught me to conserve ammo.

I know that one doesn't have it (I own that copy as well, I showed Bio a pic of it through my PS3.). From what you said, I figured you didn't know about it being in Director's Cut. sweatdrop

Have you seen the Japanese limited edition of CV for Dreamcast? It comes in a nice red slip case with the valkyrie on it, and the discs have the design as well (one of the discs is white and the valkyrie is gold).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:42 am
Actually, you're both wrong, imo.
Try playing RE0 on hard mode, THERE'S a desperate struggle all throughout. Unless you count Outbreaks Very Hard mode, then RE0 is the most difficult.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:26 pm
AngelaAshford
Have you seen the Japanese limited edition of CV for Dreamcast? It comes in a nice red slip case with the valkyrie on it, and the discs have the design as well (one of the discs is white and the valkyrie is gold).

Yeah, I've seen it. Have you ever seen the Special Edition S.T.A.R.S. Dreamcast?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was part of a box set that was released in Japan only, and came with the Limited Edition of Code Veronica. People had to fill out a raffle application in order to get it, and there were only 2,000 made. Only 200 of those were the S.T.A.R.S. edition that I have displayed. The other 1,800 were translucent pink Claire Redfield versions. I saw it on eBay a week or two ago, but it was going for an insane amount of money. I would love to have it, though. I love Dreamcast and I love S.T.A.R.S., so combine the two and there's lots of love there. I actually have a S.T.A.R.S. zippo lighter, ashtray, and cigarette holder. I got it imported from Hong Kong, so the set cost me a pretty penny. I'm a smoker too, so I actually use the lighter and the ashtray. xd

Biohazard EXTREME
Actually, you're both wrong, imo.
Try playing RE0 on hard mode, THERE'S a desperate struggle all throughout. Unless you count Outbreaks Very Hard mode, then RE0 is the most difficult.

I disagree. I got the S rank on RE0 and unlocked everything in it fairly easily. I didn't find it to be overly difficult. The biggest pain with zero was the partner system, and the fact that there were no boxes. Because nothing was linked, so you had to do a lot of back tracking, just like Real Survival in REmake. And I always found myself just dumping all my items in or around one particular room anyway. They may as well have kept the boxes. xd However, I'm not sure if I ever played it on Hard difficulty... I never play any game on Easy mode, though. I almost always go with Normal first try out.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:15 am
Yeah, well, if you played it on Hard mode, you'd probably struggle to get much past the train.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:19 am
Ooh! I've seen both and I love them! heart

Which one did you see exactly on eBay?

I've only seen the S.T.A.R.S. version being sold once on a website in 2005, and I can't remember the exact price, but I remember it was in the thousands. eek That version is seriously a holy grail when it comes to collecting Dreamcasts. I think it's the rarest model.

Here is the Claire version. It comes with a memory card, the limited edition version of Code: Veronica and a little silver plate that is quite useless (here it is being sold by itself on eBay).

Since this has nothing to do with ruining RE, I'm going to move the rest to the grill.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:43 pm
Hard mode on RE0 wasn't really that bad. I think I had a tougher time with real survivor mode than anything.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:59 pm
Somehow, I had an easier time with Real Survival.

But still, I don't think anything beats Outbreak File 2, on Very Hard mode.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:12 pm
I know what could ruin RE... wahmbulance THE UNRELEASED PROTOTYPE OF RE4!! wahmbulance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koHGjpvPN74  

wardigiman

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:23 pm
While our current RE4 is probably the lesser of (insert number of RE4 iterations here) evils, I would still think that'd be scarier. And like... I forget who said it, but it could even be explained as Leon being infected with the Progenitor Virus and he's hallucinating everything. Or it's just happening in his head. That's Jacob's Ladder s**t right there.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games