Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
So what now? (Katydid50 x 5Bulletproof-Marshmellows) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Count
  +1
View Results

Katydid50

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:54 pm
Wolf glanced back at Grace when he stopped sharply. She was only a few inches from running into him, such a change from the last time when it seemed she couldn't get enough distance between them. But, she held his attention for only a moment. He told her about being relatively safe but he didn't think she heard him. She looked in the direction he had but she had an almost glazed look in her eyes. Her arm must have been hurting her more than he realized.

Wolf started walking again, wanting to hurry but not wanting to push Grace any harder than she was pushing herself. When they finally reached his home, he looked back to her and followed her gaze to Batlo. He smiled at the sight of the animal. A sturdy, dependable beast, he had carried their gear over fifty miles twice a year for the past six years. He had never faltered once, except for his very first trip through the mountains.

Forcing his attention back to the matter at hand, he told her to go inside, that he would be there shortly. Without waiting for a reply, he headed for the barn.

Inside, it was cold. It smelled like hay and Batlo, grains and raw meat from days past. Leaf looked up from cleaning out Batlo's stall at his son's appearance. He smiled at the sight of the doe and leaned his shovel against the wall. Before Leaf could move to help him dress the animal, Wolf said, "Grace is come. She is injured. And no, I didn't shoot her this time."

Leaf paused at the announcement. "Screech is resting. He is not well this day."

Wolf froze, though he shouldn't have been surprised. "It is not much longer, is it?"

"No." Leaf walked over and took the deer from him. "You see to Grace. I will join you once I've seen to this one."

Wolf hesitated before relinquishing his catch. It was only right that he dress his own kill but he really did want to check on his grandfather, and see to Grace's wound.

Crossing the clearing to the cabin, he stepped inside. The difference in temperature was obvious, sending his cheeks to tingling. A fire blazed in the hearth, a large, black pot hung on the hook above it. Warm food smells wafted from it. Probably some kind of stew or soup. They didn't have much else in the place. The door to Leaf and Screech's bedroom was shut. Obviously his grandfather was still asleep. Wolf's stomach tied itself into knots. Normally, his grandfather was the first one up. It truly could not be long now.

Wolf glaned over at Grace who looked so lost in the main room, so out of place. "Sit. You should not push yourself so hard. Rest and I will check your wound." His stomach clenched, not from fear this time, but hunger. It was so early. "Have you eaten yet? My father would tan my hide if you went hungry under our roof." Besides that, she needed to keep her strength up. Without waiting for her answer, he took down two bowls from the mantle above the hearth.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:21 pm
Wold didn't wait for a reply. He never really did. Whatever. It didn't matter. She walked into the house after knocking. No one was around. Not even Screech. She couldn't help but frown. She didn't want to think about him being in a worse state. He was a good person from what she had seen, and one of the very few that she respected. Not that many people really cared for that respect anyway.

Moving towards the fire. She looked at the flames. The last time she had been here the house had been filled with the smell of cooking meat and in the morning pancakes. Now there was a stew from what she could tell. Their place felt more like home despite the obvious culture differences. She liked it here. The soft warm furs. She was a bit tempted to curl up in them but there was no way she could do that. It wasn't her home. She'd have to leave soon enough.

Hearing the door open, she looked towards it. Wolf come inside, she returned her gaze to the hungry flames. She didn't say anything though she wanted to ask about Screech. Grace was almost afraid of the answer she would get, so she hoped he would make an appearance soon. She'd be able to at least know he was okay then.

Hearing him tell her to sit, she almost felt like a dog. She didn't glare at him though, after all, a warm seat was something she needed. Sitting by the fire, she turned her attention to him now. Blinking when he said he'd check her wound, she was about to protest but then he brought up food. "Food would be nice," she told him, he didn't really wait for her to reply, having pulled out two bowls already.

"My wound is fine for the most part. It just needs more time to heal," she said, not wanting him near her. She hadn't let him check it last time, she wasn't about to let him do that now. It was stupid. She knew that. But she couldn't bear the thought of him near her. Her emotions were mixed up as it was. He needed to keep his distance. Him and his prickly remarks. He wasn't as bad as he had been last time though.

Watching him fill the bowls with food, she slowly wrapped one arm around her waist. Why did he fill her thoughts whenever she saw a flicker of gold light on the horizon? Or dark colored hair? Or the soft colored tone of his skin? It annoyed her to no end. He hadn't been kind to her. He'd been responsible enough to make sure she was tended to though. She had to admit that he was being a bit more caring this time. They hadn't really started fighting yet. It was probably because she hadn't said much.

Lowering her head, she let her red curls fall like a curtain, hiding most of her pale face from view. She hated thinking about him. She shouldn't have gone into the forest though a part of her had yearned to see him again. He was mysterious... and she still remembered seeing him in the forest, his golden brown eyes watching her after she had looked back from the direction of her Aunt's home. The image still sent a shiver down her spine.

5Bulletproof-Marshmellows

Katydid50

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:06 pm
Grace was standing by the hearth when Wolf entered. She glanced at him before looking back to the fire. Despite looking like she didn't belong there, she looked so content, like there was nowhere else she would rather be. Something inside him flickered at the recognition that she wanted to be in his home, something he couldn't explain or describe, something that pleased him immensely.

For once, Grace did as she was told and sat down in one of the two chairs before the hearth. She didn't glare at him, surprisingly. She didn't comment when he said he'd check her wound. Then again, he didn't give her the chance, asking about food. He was already getting down two bowls when she answered. This girl was just full of surprises today. He grabbed the metal ladel off the hook built into the side of the hearth. Carefully so as not to splash any of it, he spooned a large serving into each bowl before replacing the ladel. He had glanced at her when she commented on her wound but didn't reply until he had finished filling the bowls.

Bowls full, Wolf turned back and watched her intently for several seconds, trying to judge whether or not she was telling the truth. In the end, he shrugged. "Probably but there could be infection beneath the skin. Better to be safe than sorry. Is that not what your people say?" He handed one of the bowls to her, setting the other bowl on the other chair before digging through one of the drawers beneath the counter and retrieving two spoons.

Grace had leaned forward, when he turned back, so that her hair fell around her face like a curtain. Her hair caught the firelight, making it glow with a hundred shades of red. It was like nothing he'd ever seen before. His fingers twitched with the almost overwhelming urge to touch, to plunge his hands into it, to find out if it felt as soft as it looked. His stomach clenched almost painfully and an uncomfortable but not entirely unpleasant warmth seeped through him. His tightened his grip on the spoons to keep from doing just that. "It will be hot so be careful," he warned her as he set the spoon in her bowl.

He took up his own bowl and sat down across from her. He studied his breakfast, focusing on stirring it and blowing on it until he was confident that his desires no longer showed in his eyes. He glanced up, studying the way she moved, how and how not she used her injured arm. There was a tension in that arm, like it hurt to move it. "You should have let your mother or Daniel see to your wound. Running away like a scared se'qua was foolish."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:31 pm
It surprised her a bit that they weren't fighting quite yet. She wasn't sure if she was happy about it or not. After all, it's what they did. It was also the first thing they did. A soft sigh escaped her. She didn't want to think about him anymore. Or about what happened, besides her wound. That was kind of a pressing matter at the moment. Once it healed though, she doubted that they would have anything to talk about. Insults would simply be thrown when they saw each other. If they saw each other. From what she had gathered, Wolf didn't visit Daniel's house all that often.

Watching him fill the two bowls with stew, she breathed in the good smell of food. It almost reminded her of Aunt Rose's, though she usually had baked goods. Grace was definitely hungry and she wouldn't object from the food. Wolf was actually giving some to her. He hadn't said anything yet either, which put her on edge. The next thing that would come out of his mouth would probably be an insult.

Well, she had been wrong. "Some of them do," she answered. Taking the bowl gently. It was warm. Placing it on her lap with her hands on either side of it, she let it act as a tiny heater. She didn't want to think about the possibility of an infection when she was about to eat. She had seen some pretty bad ones and it would be enough to ruin anyone's appetite. Her dark brown eyes followed him for a moment as he left to get spoons before looking back towards the fire.

She leaned forward a little, her hair falling. Honestly, she wasn't all that sure where she got the curls from. Her mother had explained it to her once when she was child, but by now, she forgot what the answer had been. Glancing over at Wolf, since he was taking his sweet time getting the spoons, she then noticed him look a bit stiff. He had been watching her. Her eyes narrowed slightly before one of her eyebrows raised slightly. She was so clueless when it came to someone liking her.

"What?" He placed the spoon in her bowl and she took it after a moment, her eyes looking at the food now. He warned her, she gave him a brief glare. It wasn't like she wasn't aware of the temperature though her eyes weren't as harsh as they could have been. It was his home after all. She was a guest.

He avoided her gaze when she looked over at him. That or he was simply intent on studying every little thing in his bowl. She frowned. She turned her own attention to her food and began eating, being careful. Oh. Of course. Now came the criticism, the judgements, and the insults. "You know what, I didn't come here to listen to you about what I did wrong," she told him. Standing up, her curls swayed, the lite of the fire almost made them look like angry flames. "Thanks for the food. I can make it back on my own." She was acting stupidly, she knew it but she didn't want to be around him. Setting the bowl down on the mantle, she then moved towards the door, holding her injured arm once more. Whatever, she could get eaten by wolves.

Katydid50

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:00 pm
He was caught. Wolf felt the heat spread upward into his face. It was a good thing his skin was so dark otherwise his face probably would have been the color of her hair. He shook himself out of his daze and gave her one of the spoons. When she questioned him, he ignored it in favor of warning her about the temperature, even though she must have realized it was hot, considering she was using it to warm her hands. Her expression said as much when she glared at him.

Focusing on his meal, he did his best to cool it until he had regained control of himself. He looked back up, studying Grace's movements. Her arm was hurting her but not enough to keep from using it, at least marginally. That was good, he supposed, so long as she didn't overdo it, which he could guarantee she did.

When he spoke, he could see the anger building up in her eyes. Her reaction was not a surprise, though he had been hoping for otherwise. What had he been expecting? She was not like Sparrow who would have calmly considered his statement before countering it with one of her own, and evidence or examples to back it up. Grace was as fiery and short-tempered as he was.

Wolf opened his mouth to speak again but she stood up, her hair looking almost alight with flames. He set his, full, bowl aside and stood as well. She was leaving. Great. He couldn't let her go. She'd get herself killed. As she headed for the door, he went after her. He grabbed hold of her uninjured arm and swung her around to face him. Keeping hold of her, he wrapped his other arm around her waist to keep her still. "I cannot let you go stae twes," he said. As before, he used the name like he would her own, with no bite or anger to it. "You are still weak and would not make it anywhere before you collapsed. I say you were foolish for running because allowing them to tend to your wound does not mean you must tell them how you received it." His tone was straight forward but unkind. He slowly released her when he was sure she would listen to him and not try to run.

"Daniel has watched over me many times in the years he has lived here, when my father and grandparents were too busy to keep me properly out of trouble. Many is the time that I have gotten injured and not wanted to tell how I came by it. My father and grandfather have long since given up trying to find such knowledge when I did not want to give it. Daniel is the same. If you did not wish to tell him how you came by your wound, he would not have pushed you. If he did, it would only be because he is worried." Mostly, when Daniel pushed for further information, it was to find out details that could make a difference to the wound, such as the time Wolf had cut his leg hoping over a barbed wire fence. Wolf had not wanted to tell lest he get in trouble for trespassing, again. Daniel had pushed only until Wolf admitted it had been a fence and that, no, it wasn't rusty.

Suddenly, the front door opened. Wolf looked over. All expression dropped from his face, the way it did when he was surprised. Leaf stepped into the cabin, the upper half of him covered in a mass of blood and half-digested grass. Wolf looked him up and down. "What happened?"

"The doe had an air bubble in her stomach. It ruptured when I gutted her." Without waiting for further questions, Leaf disappeared into his bedroom, likely to change.

Wolf shook his head, causing his earring to lightly bump against his neck, before turning his attention back to Grace.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:27 pm
Of course he didn't answer her question. Since when had he even gone along with anything she said? She let it go though, after all the hunger was eating at her stomach, and she wouldn't mind having a warm, full stomach. It would help with the walk back. Whenever that would be. She guessed in the next hour or so. There was no way she and Wolf could stay in one room much longer without fighting.

That came a whole lot sooner than expected though. She didn't need her lecturing him. Daniel would have asked. He wasn't going to let it go. That or her mother would. It was no doubt that they would even take it up with the school if she didn't given in. Then again, perhaps they were already questioning the principal. Her siblings were most likely in school already, or at least on their way.

He was about to speak, but she was leaving. There was no way she was going to sit through this. She had enough of it with Daniel, she wasn't going to take it from someone who was around her own age. Before she reached the door though, she felt his hand take hold of her arm. She narrowed her eyes, about to shrug it off but then she was turned around and right in front of him. Her eyes widened, muscles tense, the hand of her injured arm was pressed against his chest. She wanted to push him away but all she could do was keep the space between them.

"And of course you continue with the insults," she said a matter of factually. She tilted her head, waiting for him to provide an actual argument though she was painfully aware of how close they were. Why did this stupid boy make her heart race even when she was mad at him? "You don't know my mother," she snapped back at him, twisting her good arm out of his grip, her eyes focused on his collar bone, since it was eye level.

He let go of her when she relaxed though and she glared at him for a good few moments, taking a couple steps back. "Worried?" She almost laughed. As if he gave a damn about her. And if he did, it was only for her mother. "It doesn't matter now. I'm not there." She planned on avoiding that place as long as possible too. Unless Aunt Rose kicked her out, she wouldn't really have anywhere to go. She could crash at a friend's but that wouldn't last long. Besides, she didn't want people to question what was going on.

She didn't have a chance to say much else, the door swung open, and her eyes widened when she saw Leaf, his upper half covered in blood. Wolf beat her to asking the question. Her shoulders relaxed a little when he explained that it was simply the deer. The one that Wolf had brought.

Grace looked back over at Wolf, his earring brushing against his neck. She swallowed and lowered her eyes, butterflies refusing to stay down even when she had clipped their wings. She shouldn't have even been here. Taking one more step back, her back pressed against a wall and she then leaned against it. Her eyes finally lifted to look at him. She didn't know what to tell him now. I should just leave.. Tell him to say hi to Screech for me.. and leave..

Katydid50

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm
If Grace was truly determined to leave, she could have fooled Wolf. When he grabbed her and held her against him, she didn't fight too hard. Perhaps her wound was agitated. That hand was pressed against his chest. It sent his skin to tingling, even though the material of his shirt. Though she was nothing like Sparrow, he found himself reacting the same. Things had been different with Sparrow. They had grown up together. They were friends for many years and he had already decided he wanted her as his wife before they'd reached the age where he began to realize that she was female. With Grace, it seemed they could not be in the same room without arguing. She gave back as good as she got whereas Sparrow would calm him down instead. Grace seemed to rally against commonsense at every opportunity. Two women could not be more different. In fact, the only common thing was... him.

He forced his mind back to the situation at hand. He raised an eyebrow when she spoke about him insulting her. "What makes you think it is an insult?" he asked. He had never told her what 'stae twes' meant so how could she know it was an insult? It was, of course, but how could she know that?

When she snapped that he didn't know her mother, he blinked calmly. "You are right. I do not. But you do not know He-Sees-in-the-Dark, not like I do. He would not have pushed you without reason and he would not let anyone else do so." When she began to try and twist out of his grip, he tightened it, releasing her only when he was sure she would not try to leave again.

He spoke again, explaining how Daniel worked. She all but laughed at the idea of Daniel being worried. He didn't react, not sure how to react. Sparrow had been so different from Grace. His grandmother, too, was nothing like her. He didn't know how to handle her. She was nothing like any of the women he'd ever met. But, she spoke again, and he relaxed slightly. It almost sounded like she planned to stay, if only for a little while longer.

Wolf's father made his appearance and, after a quick explanation, disappeared into the bedroom he shared with his own father. Wolf looked back to Grace in time to see her look at him, then look down. She stepped back once more, putting her back against the wall. Finally, she looked at him again. He wanted to step closer, trap her against the wall and-. He cut that thought off. It was far too tempting to consider with the object of such a thought right in front of him. But, he did step forward, putting only a foot between them. Even from the distance, the firelight still caught her hair. Before he could think to stop himself, he reached out and lightly grasped a tendril of her hair. It felt like silk beneath his rough fingertips. His eyes locked on the lock of fire, shining within his grip. He'd never seen red hair before he met her.

Suddenly, he caught himself and let go of her hair. He cleared his throat and looked away, embarrassed at his momentary lack of self-control. Forcing his eyes back to her, he said, "At least let me see to your wound. Then I will bring you to your aunt's. Batlo needs the exercise anyway." It would be good to get out, ride through the forest. It was always so calming to ride during the winter, so quiet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm
He caused her to freeze every time he was this close. Though it had only happened about two or three times. She didn't actually want to count. She wanted to run or to fight, and yet she couldn't bring herself to move. It was horrible. Yet.. perhaps there was something pleasant about it. Everything about him just set her on edge. She didn't know a single person that was like him besides his family. Growing up in the city, there was a completely different culture. One with concrete streets and neon colored lights. It reminded her that she didn't belong here.

"You've used it several times before. Not in the most endearing tone either." She paid attention, despite what he might have thought. It was he called her almost every single time he saw her. She doubted it was a compliment considering how they always argued.

He wasn't snapping back. He just blinked. He would do that, wouldn't he? It took her a moment to connect the fact that he was calling Daniel He-Sees-In-the-Dark. I wonder why that would be, Daniel didn't act the same way around her. She was sure of that. It was a bit amusing to see him around Deserai though. That girl could make anyone uncomfortable without knowing it.

Almost like how Wolf did that to her. After Leaf had come in and disappeared in what she guessed had been his bedroom to change, she didn't know what to tell him then. The wall was good support though. When her eyes finally met his once more, she found that she couldn't look away the second time. He had such an intent gaze. She could have sworn that she had seen it several times. It only made the fluttering in her stomach more rapid. He stepped forward. Grace was unsure of his intentions but she did straighten her back, becoming a bit more alert.

When he raised his hand, her eyes flickered back and forth between his fingers and eyes. Her heart raced. Seeing him gently grasp a red-orange, flame colored ringlet, her eyes then stayed on his own. What was he doing? What was he thinking? A light pink reached her cheeks. "Wh-" before she could finish her question, he cleared his throat, his fingers letting go of her hair. She couldn't help but feel cornered now. Her heart racing, cheeks flushed. It meant nothing. It had to mean nothing. Grace dropped her eyes to the floor, confused.

She couldn't move without her shoulder brushing against him. She didn't discuss his words either. Not even asking who Balto was. Unzipping her jacket, she made sure her hand didn't brush against his abdomen since it felt like he was so close. Why was she complying? She was dazed. Confused. Unsure. The things he did to her.

Slowly moving her jacket down her injured arm, she didn't look at him, being careful. Swallowing, she then took in a deep breath, feeling like the room was increasingly growing smaller. She wanted to run. Run away. Far away.

Katydid50

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 pm
Wolf didn't reply to her explanation. His tone, huh? He could only smirk. She was clever, he would give her that. That was good. She would need to be, since she seemed to be determined to come into the forest at every chance she got. She would need to keep her wits about her and pay attention to details, especially with Melk Elish around. There was a reason he was given such a name.

After Leaf had disappeared into his room and Grace leaned against the wall, Wolf approached her, fascinated by the way the firelight played along her hair. He didn't notice the way she looked at him, or the way she looked back and forth between his face and his hand as he reached out and grasped some of her hair. It did, indeed, feel like silk in his grip. As he rubbed a single inch of it, it seemed to change shades as light and shadow swam through it. It took him a few moments to come to his senses but, when he did, he released her hair as though it really was on fire. His face certainly felt like it.

His cleared his throat just as she started to speak. When he managed to look back to her, her face looked much like his felt. He offered to check her wound, then bring her to her aunt's. She didn't say anything but unzipped her jacket and let it slide down her arm. Even then, she still didn't look at him. She stared at the ground as though it was the most interesting thing in the world. He couldn't blame her. Being this close to her was... It was a struggle to breathe, to think properly. He had to force himself to pay attention to what he was doing.

Wolf carefully unwound the bandages from her arm. When they finally came away, he frowned. The wound didn't look infected but it was inflammed. "You have been pushing yourself too hard," he said matter-of-factly. The stitching looked stretched but not broken. He could take out the stitches then and there but only if she promised not to use the arm at all for two days, and no lifting at all for at least a week. However, he doubted very much she would comply so he didn't say anything about it.

"I will make a poultice to put on it. It should help with the swelling but only if you don't use the arm. I can make more tea mix to help with the pain but I get the feeling you would be less likely to use the arm if the pain was there to remind you not to use it." He sent her a sideways half-grin. He knew all about that. His father and grandparents had done the same thing to him many times growing up.

The bedroom door opened but Leaf did not emerge straight away. Wolf watched as Screech, moving slowly and bundled heavily under many layers, entered the room, helped along by his son. Wolf felt a pang in his chest. His grandfather had declined so rapidly, it could not be long now. While Leaf helped Screech to the chair Wolf had vacated, the young man muttered a greeting before disappearing into the bedroom to make the poultice for Grace's wound.

Screech noticed Grace immediately, his eyes locking on her. Though his body was weak and failing, his mind was still sharp and his eyes relayed that fact. With Leaf's help, he sat in one of the chair, noticing the full bowl of stew that sat beside it. His voice had become weaker as well but still held its previous air of authority as he asked Leaf who had not eaten their breakfast. Leaf glanced at Grace and told him it was probably Wolf. "Did you want something to eat?" he asked.

Screech waved his son's question away with an impatient motion of his hand before focusing back on Grace. His impatience melted away, replaced by amusement. "I see you have made your way back to my home, young one," he said, allowing Leaf the chance to translate before speaking again. "At least you are not injured this time."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 pm
She saw his smirk. He knew perfectly well that she was stupid. She knew the same thing about him. They were just a part of different environments. She felt a little home sick. Sure, the green stuff around here was great and all, but she did miss the comforting light of the street lamps and the hustle and bustle of people. The fire escapes and the sound of sirens at night. At least she still got to go to school there.

Honestly she didn't know what had gotten into him when he came forward. He had touched her hair. He hadn't really ever said anything about it. Never complimented her. They could [o]sometimes be civil to each other. So why in the world was he so close? She couldn't help but feel cornered and she was sure she would leave soon enough but before she had the chance, he let go of the fiery stand of hair.

She didn't fight his words this time, too confused about what had just happened. Pulling her injured arm out of her gray sleeve, she watched him reach for the bandages. Her entire spine pressed against the back wall tightly. She absolutely hated people touching her wounds. Even if it was just a small cut. She didn't trust them. There was no where to run though and she had already complied, so soon enough, the bandages were unraveled and he looked at it. Grace ended up looking away from her injured forearm as he spoke.

Rolling her eyes when he said she was pushing herself too hard, she knew there was nothing she could do about that. Her eyes focused on the bedroom door, hoping that he would move soon enough. Make some space so she could final inhale. Breathe in some fresh air. Something that didn't smell like him, because honestly, he did have a particular scent and it was a bit addicting. "I know," she simply said, hoping that her words would somehow make this process go faster.

Nodding her head at the mention of poultice, she knew that she needed. She should have used what she had at home and she had been meaning to today but with everything that had happened, she fled. "Thanks," she said in a mocking tone. It was true though. If the pain consisted, she wouldn't use her arm. She was sure he was speaking from personally experience as well.

Seeing the door open, she blinked, momentarily able to forget about the proximity of her and Wolf. A few moments later and she could see Screech walk out with Leaf. A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips, though she felt a bit embarrassed, being cornered against the wall could do that to a person, especially when that person had managed to put themselves in that situation. His eyes were as pitch black as ever.

Wolf left thankfully and she breathed in, letting her shoulders relax a bit. She winced a little since the movement managed to irritate her wound slightly. Moving away from the wall now, she stood a good few feet from him. Feeling a little dizzy as well. So much had happened while she had been here.. and yet at the same time barely anything at all had been done. Seeing the amusement in Screech's eyes, she wondered how she had caused it. He spoke, Leaf translated. "Yeah, I did plan on visiting this afternoon.. but it kind of came sooner than expected," she said before adding, "It's good to see you."

Taking her jacket off completely, she rested the material over her right shoulder. She really did wish she had the drawing of the owl with her. She wanted to give it to Screech as soon as possible. Maybe she'd be able to sneak back in tonight and give it to him tomorrow. Deserai would be asking too many questions though.. it would probably wake up Daniel and her mom, then she'd be in real trouble. She could just call home and hope one of her siblings picked up. They could bring it over. Or at least Nicholas could.

Katydid50

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 pm
Wolf grunted when she acknowledged that she had been pushing herself too hard. At least she knew it but did that make it better or worse? She knew what she was supposed to be doing but she wasn't doing it. Then again, he was no better. Neither was his father or grand ather or Daniel. As he thought about it, he realized where he got it from.

When he spoke of the poultice and the tea that he didn't intend to make, he smirked at the sarcastic 'thanks'. "Well, I would not have to if I thought, even for a moment, that you wouldn't push yourself too hard." But she would and they both knew it. So, let her suffer so that she might heal.

When the bedroom door opened, Wolf grimaced at the sight of how weak his grandfather had become. Even during all of the previous winters, he had never required assisstance just to walk from the bedroom to the main room. He had never gotten this weak this quickly either. However, his mind was still as sharp as his grandson's and his eyes missed nothing. Deciding he didn't want to stick around for whatever conclusions his grandfather would jump to, he murmured a greeting and disappeared to make the poultice.

Screech watched as his grandson all but bolted from the room. Looking back to Grace, and the slight blush that colored her cheeks, he couldn't help but grin. He cast a sideways glance at Leaf whose eyes narrowed slightly. He knew that look. He'd been getting it from his son for, well, most of his life. Leaf was always so serious, though not as ill-tempered and impatient as his son. Screech had always been the exact opposite.

Finally, he spoke, getting Leaf to translate. When Leaf told him what Grace had said, he gave a weak laugh. "It is good to see you, too, though I wish the circumstances were better." He had noticed that her wound was uncovered. Though he wished he could look at it himself, he knew, as weak as he was, he could do nothing about it. Besides, he had trained his grandson well. He trusted Wolf's judgement and knew he would take care of the girl, now and forever.

Not a minute later, Wolf reappeared with a shallow bowl in hand and a roll of fresh bandages. Screech watched and listened carefully as Wolf lightly applied the poultice to the stitching. He spoke to her, warning her, judging by her tone. When Leaf quietly translated what Wolf was saying, Screech gave a quiet laugh. Do not push yourself. Do not overdo it. It will only take longer to heal and you will find yourself back here or in the hospital. Screech doubted she would listen. She was far too like Wolf for that.

"They make a good pair," Sceech said, quietly enough that Wolf would not hear him.

"Father, do not. Do not push them together."

"I would not dream of pushing them but I see what I see."

Wolf was aware of his father and grandfather talking behind him. They were speaking their own tongue but so quiet that he could not hear them. "They're talking about us." Otherwise they would have spoken in a normal tone, since Grace would not understand them anyway. Wolf shot them a glare over his shoulder, earning a raised eyebrow from his father and a far-too-cheeky grin from his grandfather.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am
It was her problem if she pushed herself too hard. He knew that and yet he still wasn't going to make the tea mixture. She had some of it at ho- Daniel's house though saving it for emergency situations sounded like the best idea. Honestly, she didn't know if that beach blonde would try anything again. Once she was healed she wouldn't mind fighting but she couldn't go looking for her now. A good week of rest or so was going to be needed.

Going to the hospital wasn't an option if something went wrong. Her mother was the only one working currently and she didn't want to wrack up the bills. That and she couldn't stand hospitals. Coming back here for medical assistance after she had already received it twice, would make her feel like she was mooching. So, rest was the only thing she could allow herself for a while. No fighting. She'd do her best to stay out of it.

Seeing Screech again made her smile a bit but she still couldn't help but feel bad. She was back at their home with nothing to offer in return for their kindness, Wolf didn't really count. She noticed the grin on his features and the blush on her cheeks darkened slightly. Grace couldn't help but hope that he wasn't jumping to any conclusions that involved her and Wolf. There was nothing between them. Besides the fighting of course.

Hearing Screech's laugh, she briefly forgot about Wolf, listening to Leaf translate. "Yeah.." she said in a sad tone before lowering her head for a moment. Well hopefully she'd be able to come by soon enough. That drawing had to be delivered. "Thank you for the carving," she added before Wolf came back in. Her eyes darted as he came towards her, looking for a better place to move too so that the possibility of her being cornered again didn't happen. She didn't get the chance to move.

"I can apply it myself," she told him as he started to. It wouldn't be as neat but she was stubborn. Her tone wasn't harsh even though she wanted to move away. Wolf warned her. It seemed to become a habit of his. "I know, I'll be fine," she said impatiently. "Don't worr-" she stopped mid-sentence and looked at Wolf's eyes. "You're worrying about me?" She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head slightly. Her eyes were narrowed a little bit, suspicious. Maybe she was just making things up in her head but the question had already been asked. She couldn't take it back now.

Grace heard the whispering of Wolf's family and yet when he said that they were talking about them, she didn't give it too much thought. She wanted an answer. What was going on? She glanced at Screech for a moment who was grinning from ear to ear. Grace quickly looked away before softly saying, "Give me the bandages." She'd do the rest herself. They'd keep fighting. It was what they did. Nothing else would come up. That's the way things were. A sad feeling tugged at her heart's strings and she did her best to ignore it. She didn't like him. She couldn't.

Katydid50

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 pm
Screech continued to smile despite Grace's saddening. He wasn't entirely sure what had caused her to lose her smile but he was not worried. However, when she mentioned a carving, he blinked, his eyebrows drawing together in confusion. He looked to Leaf. "What carving is she referring to?" he asked.

Leaf shrugged and glanced over at Grace and Wolf, who had just reappeared. "I do not know. I have not been working on anything. And you have not?"

"I have not." Suddenly, Screech's grin returned. Leaf raised an eyebrow in silent question. "For three days, Wolf had all but locked himself in his bedroom. Today is the first real day he has emerged. Last night, he went to visit them. I got up to relieve myself and his bedroom floor was covered with wood dust and shavings."

The pair looked at each other before equally large, teasing grins spread across their faces.

When Wolf returned, Grace had not moved but she looked at him like a cornered rabbit. He forced himself to ignore the tension in her as he began to apply the poultice. Her comment also went ignored for it was pure foolishness. She could apply it but it would be messy and most likely cause herself more pain. At least he could admit when he needed help, medical help, anyway.

He began warning her, again, about not pushing herself. Because, really, a message didn't sink in with her until the fifth or sixth repeating. He knew. He was the same. When she spoke, it was with impatience. He couldn't blame her. He would be annoyed, too, but he couldn't seem to help himself. He had to make sure she understood. She cut off mid-way through telling him not to worry. At her pause, he glanced up from her wound to see her looking down at him. He wasn't entirely sure he liked the searching look in her eyes.
"You're worrying about me?" He frowned, returning his focus to her wound. He didn't reply until he had finished applying the poultice, giving him time to think.

Was Wolf worried about her? Well, yes. He would worry about anyone traveling through this forest if they had as much sense as a baby rabbit. But was that the real reason? For sure, she didn't seem to know a thing about the forest but plenty of people didn't... and went missing. But so long as she stayed out of the forest, what did he care if she pushed herself or not? He wanted her to heal, and properly. Why? "My grandfather says I should not be so ready to make enemies, that I should be more open to our neighbors, because it is to them we turn in times of trouble and hardship. You are the kleptko-daughter of He-Sees-in-the-Dark. He owes us much and we owe him much." He straightened and wiped the poultice from his fingers. "Trouble also seems to follow you wherever you go. I get the feeling you will need the full use of your arm sooner rather than later." At least, that's what he told himself were the reasons.

Wolf glanced over his shoulder at the whisperings going on behind him. When he looked back, both of the older men stopped talking. He narrowed his eyes at them before looking back to Grace, only to hear the whisperings resume. He told Grace they were talking about them but she didn't seem too concerned. Of course she wouldn't be. She didn't have to live with them! He could foresee a great deal of embarrassment and noses going where they do not belong in his not-too-distant future.

Grace suddenly demanded the bandages. He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, showing that he had absolutely no intention of giving her the bandages. It was difficult to tie bandages to one's own arm. He had plenty of experience in this as well. It was delicate, in this instance. Her wound was swollen and very touchy. Apply too much pressure and cause unnecessary pain. Apply too little pressure and it would give the wound room to swell further, and allow air to get to the wound and risk further infection.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm
They didn't say welcome. The two looked at each other as if they didn't know what she was talking about. Why would Wolf lie about something like that? He said it had been a gift from his family. They were grinning once again as Wolf walked in. She honestly didn't know what was going on anymore. So much grinning. So many emotions. And then on top of that was her swollen wound. She wished she knew what they were saying, it would probably explain a lot of things that had happened, or that were going on.

Wolf didn't give her the poultice. She frowned. Why couldn't he just agree with her? He didn't want to be around her. She could take care of herself, even if it wasn't the best care she could get. He stayed there. If she hadn't been wounded that night things would have been different. They would have just argued. He would have been mad about losing his kill and she would have just snapped back at him. Then that would be it. He would have gone home or hunted some more. She would have left.

He continued to lecture her about making sure that she didn't push herself and what not. When she questioned him, he stayed quiet. It killed her. Well no. Not killed. Just annoyed. Then again he annoyed her most of the time. She didn't know why she dealt with him. Didn't know why she kept finding herself back around him. Then again.. they didn't see each other a whole lot. So it didn't matter. There was nothing going on. She was just thinking too much.

His eyes focused on her wound so she did the same. Everything would be over soon enough. When he spoke, she kept her eyes on the same spot. Enemies. Of course. Well, they fought all the time so they weren't exactly friends. She held in the sigh that she wanted to release. Guessing that kleptko meant step, she frowned. So he was just doing this for Daniel and what he had done for them. For a few seconds she simply sat there. She wanted to get up and leave. If he was doing this for Daniel, she didn't want to be here. Wolf could find another way to thank him. She wouldn't be a part of it.

Taking a step back, she looked back at him before he could put the bandages around her arm. "Give me the bandages." Her voice was low. "I don't need your help." The pain was subsiding since it had been a good half an hour to an hour since she got hit by the door. Putting her good arm through the sleeve of her jacket, she let the rest hang off her shoulder as she waited. "I'll give you some new ones once I get my hands on them," she told him, not planning on being in debt for anything. The whispering was still going on, but her blush had long before disappeared when he had started to explain why he worried. It wasn't about to come back now.

Katydid50

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:16 pm
Wolf could see right away that his answer displeased her. Her anger was swiftly building in her. He could see it in her eyes, in the tension of her muscles, in the minute, downward curve of her mouth. He had to admit, to himself at least, that she was very beautiful when she was angry. She always had a fire in her but, when she was angry, it really shown. Her face lit up and her eyes narrowed. She spoke whatever she was thinking and... he liked that. What was wrong with him?

Ignoring the murmurings going on behind him, he refused to give her the bandages she demanded. He snorted aloud when she claimed that she didn't need his help. That was ridiculous. She couldn't do it herself. "You will not be doing it yourself. You need it done properly and that requires two hands."

"Perhaps she would be more inclined to let you help her if you weren't so difficult yourself." Wolf shot a glare back at his father who was spooning some stew into a third bowl, most likely for Screech.

"I'm not difficult." Silence. A blank stare. Wolf scowled at him. "Well, not this time, I haven't been!"

Leaf gave a short laugh as he handed the bowl over to his father. "Wolf, I've been here for the past five minutes. I won't do you any good to deny anything."

Wolf glared at him before throwing the bandage roll at his head. Leaf caught it with ease, remaining calm in the face of his son's anger. "Fine! If I'm so 'difficult' than you do it! I'm going to get Batlo ready." With that, he turned and stormed out of the house, muttering under his breath the whole way.

Leaf smiled wearily and shook his head. He crossed over to Grace, ignoring any demand she made and wrapping a length of bandage around her arm. While he did, he talked. "He was lying, you know. When you asked him if he was worried about you. He doesn't care about Daniel that much or about who owes what to whom. He just didn't want to tell you the real reason, if he even knows it himself." His smile turned sad as he tied off the bandage. "Wolf has lost many people he loved in his sixteen years. It was not so bad before. He would grieve, like everyone else, and then continue on with life as best as he could. But, when Sparrow Flying Low died, he began pushing everyone away, especially those he loved most. He has only just begun to let people back in. What I ask is this: Try not to judge him too harshly. If he's trying to push you away, it means you're getting too close, but that's exactly what he needs." He paused before his smiled turned amused. "Oh, and my father did not make any carving for your family, but Wolf has been locked inside his bedroom for the last three days, working on something that left behind wood dust and wood shavings."

Wolf slipped the bridal over Batlo's head, the painted horse standing calmly despite its obvious excitement and impatience to be off. He spoke quietly, reassuringly, to the animal. He didn't bother putting on a saddle. He was used to riding bareback. Grasping the reins, he led the horse out of the corral and over to the cabin. Letting the reins fall, he pushed open the door, unsurprised but still miffed that his father had managed to get the bandages on Grace where he had failed. "I am ready to leave whenever you are," he said to her.

He was close enough to hear his grandfather's farewell to Grace, to hear Leaf's translation. He didn't know how to feel about it so he pushed it away to consider later. "Travel safe, Little Fox. May the Great Spirit watch over you and bless you in the years to come."

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff