Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 am
Proverbs
Chapter 3
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 My sonne, forget not my lawe; but let thine heart keepe my commaundements:

2 For length of dayes, and long life, and peace shall they adde to thee.

3 Let not mercy and trueth forsake thee: bind them about thy necke, write them vpon the table of thine heart.

4 So shalt thou find fauour, and good vnderstanding in the sight of God, and man.

5 ¶ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and leaue not vnto thine owne vnderstanding.

6 In all thy wayes acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy pathes.

7 ¶ Be not wise in thine owne eyes: feare the Lord, and depart from euill.

8 It shalbe health to thy nauill, and marrow to thy bones.

9 Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the first fruits of all thine increase.

10 So shall thy barnes be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

11 ¶ My sonne, despise not the chastening of the Lord: neither be weary of his correction.

12 For whom the Lord loueth, he correcteth, euen as a father the sonne, in whom he delighteth.

13 ¶ Happy is the man that findeth wisedome, and the man that getteth vnderstanding.

14 For the merchandise of it is better then the merchandise of siluer, and the gaine thereof, then fine gold.

15 She is more precious then Rubies: and all the things thou canst desire, are not to be compared vnto her.

16 Length of dayes is in her right hand: and in her left hand, riches and honour.

17 Her wayes are wayes of plesantnesse: and all her pathes are peace.

18 She is a tree of life, to them that lay hold vpon her: and happy is euery one that retaineth her.

19 The Lord by wisedome hath founded the earth; by vnderstanding hath he established the heauens.

20 By his knowledge the depthes are broken vp; and the cloudes droppe downe the dew.

21 ¶ My sonne, let not them depart from thine eyes: keepe sound wisedome and discretion.

22 So shall they bee life vnto thy soule, and grace to thy necke.

23 Then shalt thou walke in thy way safely, & thy foot shall not stumble.

24 When thou lyest downe, thou shalt not be afraide: yea, thou shalt lye downe, and thy sleepe shalbe sweet.

25 Be not afraid of sudden feare, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it commeth.

26 For the Lord shalbe thy confidence, and shall keepe thy foote from being taken.

27 ¶ Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to doe it.

28 Say not vnto thy neighbour, Goe, and come againe, and to morrow I will giue, when thou hast it by thee.

29 Deuise not euil against thy neighbour, seeing hee dwelleth securely by thee.

30 ¶ Striue not with a man without cause, if hee haue done thee no harme.

31 ¶ Enuie thou not the oppressour, and choose none of his wayes.

32 For the froward is abomination to the Lord: but his secret is with the righteous.

33 ¶ The curse of the Lord is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the iust.

34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giueth grace vnto the lowly.

35 The wise shall inherite glory, but shame shalbe the promotion of fooles.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:59 am
Proverbs
Chapter 4

1 Heare, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know vnderstanding.

2 For I giue you good doctrine: forsake you not my law.

3 For I was my fathers sonne, tender and onely beloued in the sight of my mother.

4 He taught me also, and said vnto me, Let thine heart reteine my wordes: keepe my commandements, and liue.

5 Get wisedome, get vnderstanding: forget it not, neither decline from the wordes of my mouth.

6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserue thee: loue her, and she shall keepe thee.

7 Wisedome is the principall thing, therefore get wisedome: and with all thy getting, get vnderstanding.

8 Exalt her, and shee shall promote thee: shee shall bring thee to honour, when thou doest imbrace her.

9 She shall giue to thine head an ornament of grace, a crowne of glory shall she deliuer to thee.

10 Heare, O my sonne, and receiue my sayings: and the yeeres of thy life shalbe many.

11 I haue taught thee in the way of wisedome: I haue lead thee in right pathes.

12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitned, and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.

13 Take fast hold of instruction, let her not goe; keepe her, for she is thy life.

14 ¶ Enter not into the path of the wicked, and goe not in the way of euill men.

15 Auoid it, passe not by it, turne from it, and passe away.

16 For they sleepe not except they haue done mischiefe: and their sleepe is taken away vnlesse they cause some to fall.

17 For they eate the bread of wickednesse, and drinke the wine of violence.

18 But the path of the iust is as the shining light that shineth more and more vnto the perfect day.

19 The way of the wicked is as darknes: they know not at what they stumble.

20 ¶ My sonne, attend to my words, incline thine eare vnto my sayings.

21 Let them not depart from thine eyes: keepe them in the midst of thine heart.

22 For they are life vnto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

23 ¶ Keepe thy heart with all diligence: for out of it are the issues of life.

24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and peruerse lips put farre from thee.

25 Let thine eyes looke right on, and let thine eye lids looke straight before thee.

26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy wayes be established.

27 Turne not to the right hande nor to the left: remoue thy foot frō euil.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:20 pm
Proverbs
Chapter 5

1 My sonne, attend vnto my wisedome, and bowe thine eare to my vnderstanding.

2 That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keepe knowledge.

3 ¶ For the lips of a strange woman drop as an hony combe, and her mouth is smoother then oyle.

4 But her end is bitter as wormewood, sharpe as a two edged sword.

5 Her feete goe downe to death: her steps take hold on hell.

6 Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her wayes are moueable, that thou canst not know them.

7 Heare me now therefore, O yee children: & depart not from the words of my mouth.

8 Remoue thy way farre from her, and come not nie the doore of her house:

9 Lest thou giue thine honour vnto others, and thy yeeres vnto the cruell:

10 Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth, and thy labors be in the house of a stranger,

11 And thou mourne at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed,

12 And say, How haue I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproofe?

13 And haue not obeyed the voyce of my teachers, nor inclined mine eare to them that instructed me?

14 I was almost in all euill, in the midst of the congregation & assembly.

15 ¶ Drinke waters out of thine owne cisterne, and running waters out of thine owne well.

16 Let thy fountaines bee dispersed abroad, and riuers of waters in the streets.

17 Let them be onely thine owne, and not strangers with thee.

18 Let thy fountaine be blessed: and reioyce with the wife of thy youth.

19 Let her bee as the louing Hinde and pleasant Roe, let her breasts satisfie thee at all times, and be thou rauisht alwayes with her loue.

20 And why wilt thou, my sonne, be rauisht with a strange woman, and imbrace the bosome of a stranger?

21 For the wayes of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and he pondereth all his goings.

22 ¶ His owne iniquities shall take the wicked himselfe, and he shall be holden with the coards of his sinnes.

23 He shall die without instruction, and in the greatnesse of his folly he shal goe astray.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 am
Proverbs
Chapter 6

1 My sonne, if thou bee surety for thy friend, it thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,

2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the wordes of thy mouth.

3 Doe this now, my sonne, and deliuer thy selfe, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend: goe, humble thy selfe, and make sure thy friend.

4 Giue not sleepe to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids.

5 Deliuer thy selfe as a Roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.

6 ¶ Goe to the Ant, thou sluggard, consider her wayes, and be wise.

7 Which hauing no guide, ouerseer, or ruler,

8 Prouideth her meat in the Summer, and gathereth her food in the haruest.

9 How long wilt thou sleepe, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleepe?

10 Yet a little sleepe, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleepe.

11 So shall thy pouertie come as one that trauaileth, and thy want as an armed man.

12 ¶ A naughtie person, a wicked man walketh with a froward mouth.

13 He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feete, hee teacheth with his fingers.

14 Frowardnesse is in his heart, he deuiseth mischiefe continually, he soweth discord.

15 Therefore shall his calamitie come suddenly; suddenly shall hee be broken without remedie.

16 ¶ These sixe things doeth the Lord hate; yea seuen are an abomination vnto him:

17 A proude looke, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood:

18 An heart that deuiseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischiefe:

19 A false witnesse that speaketh lies; and him that soweth discord among brethren.

20 ¶ My sonne, keepe thy fathers commandement, and forsake not the law of thy mother.

21 Binde them continually vpon thine heart, and tie them about thy necke.

22 When thou goest, it shall leade thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keepe thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talke with thee.

23 For the Commandement is a lampe, and the Lawe is light: and reproofes of instruction are the way of life:

24 To keepe thee from the euill woman, from the flatterie of the tongue of a strange woman.

25 Lust not after her beautie in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.

26 For by meanes of a whorish woman, a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteresse will hunt for the precious life.

27 Can a man take fire in his bosome, and his clothes not be burnt?

28 Can one goe vpon hote coales, and his feete not be burnt?

29 So he that goeth in to his neighbours wife; whosoeuer toucheth her, shall not be innocent.

30 Men doe not despise a thiefe, if he steale to satisfie his soule, when hee is hungry:

31 But if he be found, he shall restore seuenfold, he shall giue all the substance of his house.

32 But who so committeth adultery with a woman, lacketh vnderstanding: hee that doeth it, destroyeth his owne soule.

33 A wound and dishonour shall he get, and his reproch shall not be wiped away.

34 For iealousie is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

35 He will not regard any ransome; neither will hee rest content, though thou giuest many giftes.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:11 am
Proverbs
Chapter 7

1 My sonne, keepe my words, and lay vp my commaundements with thee.

2 Keepe my commandements, and liue: and my law as the apple of thine eye.

3 Bind them vpon thy fingers, write them vpon the table of thine heart.

4 Say vnto Wisedome, Thou art my sister, and call Understanding thy kinse woman,

5 That they may keepe thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.

6 ¶ For at the windowe of my house I looked through my casement,

7 And behelde among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a yong man void of vnderstanding,

8 Passing through the streete neere her corner, and he went the way to her house,

9 In the twilight in the euening, in the blacke and darke night:

10 And behold, there met him a woman, with the attire of an harlot, and subtill of heart.

11 (She is loud and stubburne, her feet abide not in her house:

12 Now is shee without, now in the streetes, and lieth in waite at euery corner.)

13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face, said vnto him,

14 I haue peace offerings with me: this day haue I paid my vowes.

15 Therefore came I forth to meete thee, diligently to seeke thy face, and I haue found thee.

16 I haue deckt my bed with couerings of tapestrie, with carued workes, with fine linnen of Egypt.

17 I haue perfumed my bed with myrrhe, aloes, and cynamom.

18 Come, let vs take our fill of loue vntill the morning, let vs solace our selues with loues.

19 For the good-man is not at home, he is gone a long iourney.

20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.

21 With much faire speech she caused him to yeeld, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

22 He goeth after her straightway, as an oxe goeth to the slaughter, or as a foole to the correction of the stocks,

23 Til a dart strike through his liuer, as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

24 ¶ Hearken vnto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.

25 Let not thine heart decline to her wayes, goe not astray in her paths.

26 For shee hath cast downe many wounded: yea many strong men haue bene slaine by her.

27 Her house is the way to hell, going downe to the chambers of death.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:09 am
Proverbs
Chapter 8

1 Doeth not Wisedome crie? & Understanding put foorth her voice?

2 Shee standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the pathes.

3 She cryeth at the gates, at the entrie of the citie, at the comming in at the doores.

4 Unto you, O men, I call, and my voice is to the sonnes of man.

5 O yee simple, vnderstand wisedome: and yee fooles, be yee of an vnderstanding heart.

6 Heare, for I will speake of excellent things: and the opening of my lippes shalbe right things.

7 For my mouth shall speake truth, and wickednesse is an abomination to my lippes.

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousnes, there is nothing froward or peruerse in them.

9 They are all plaine to him that vnderstandeth: and right to them that find knowledge.

10 Receiue my instruction, and not siluer: and knowledge rather then choise gold.

11 For wisedome is better then rubies: and all the things that may be desired, are not to be compared to it.

12 I wisedome dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inuentions.

13 The feare of the Lord is to hate euill: pride and arrogancie, and the euill way, and the froward mouth doe I hate.

14 Counsell is mine, and sound wisedome: I am vnderstanding, I haue strength.

15 By me kings reigne, and princes decree iustice.

16 By me Princes rule, and Nobles, euen all the Iudges of the earth.

17 I loue them that loue me, and those that seeke me early, shall find me.

18 Riches and honour are with me, yea durable riches and righteousnesse.

19 My fruite is better then gold, yea then fine gold, and my reuenue then choise siluer.

20 I leade in the way of righteousnesse, in the midst of the pathes of iudgment.

21 That I may cause those that loue me, to inherite substance: and I will fill their treasures.

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set vp from euerlasting, from the beginning, or euer the earth was.

24 When there were no depthes, I was brought forth: when there were no fountaines abounding with water.

25 Before the mountaines were setled: before the hilles, was I brought foorth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When hee prepared the heauens, I was there: when he set a compasse vpon the face of the depth.

28 When he established the cloudes aboue: when he strengthned the fountaines of the deepe.

29 When he gaue to the sea his decree, that the waters should not passe his commandement: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought vp with him: and I was daily his delight, reioycing alwayes before him:

31 Reioycing in the habitable part of his earth, and my delights were with the sonnes of men.

32 Nowe therefore hearken vnto me, O yee children: for blessed are they that keepe my wayes.

33 Heare instruction, and bee wise, and refuse it not.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me: watching daily at my gates, waiting at the postes of my doores.

35 For whoso findeth mee, findeth life, and shall obtaine fauour of the Lord.

36 But hee that sinneth against me, wrongeth his owne soule; all they that hate me, loue death.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:07 pm
Proverbs
Chapter 9

1 Wisedome hath builded her house: she hath hewen out her seuen pillars.

2 She hath killed her beastes; she hath mingled her wine: she hath also furnished her table.

3 She hath sent forth her maidens; she cryeth vpon the highest places of the citie.

4 Who so is simple, let him turne in hither: as for him that wanteth vnderstanding, she sayth to him:

5 Come, eate of my bread, and drinke of the wine, which I haue mingled.

6 Forsake the foolish, and liue; and goe in the way of vnderstanding.

7 He that reproueth a scorner, getteth to himselfe shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man, getteth himselfe a blot.

8 Reproue not a scorner, lest hee hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and hee will loue thee.

9 Giue instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a iust man, and he will increase in learning.

10 The feare of the Lord is the beginning of wisedome: and the knowledge of the holy is vnderstanding.

11 For by me thy dayes shall be multiplied: and the yeeres of thy life shalbe increased.

12 If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thy selfe: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt beare it.

13 ¶ A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, & knoweth nothing.

14 For she sitteth at the doore of her house on a seate, in the high places of the Citie:

15 To call passengers who go right on their wayes:

16 Who so is simple, let him turne in hither: and as for him that wanteth vnderstanding, she saith to him;

17 Stollen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.

18 But hee knoweth not that the dead are there, and that her guests are in the depths of hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 am
Proverbs
Chapter 10

1 The Prouerbes of Solomon: A wise sonne maketh a glad father: but a foolish sonne is the heauinesse of his mother.

2 Treasures of wickednesse profit nothing: but righteousnes deliuereth from death.

3 The Lord will not suffer the soule of the righteous to famish: but he casteth away the substance of the wicked.

4 Hee becommeth poore that dealeth with a slacke hand: but the hand of the diligent, maketh rich.

5 Hee that gathereth in Summer, is a wise sonne: but hee that sleepeth in haruest, is a sonne that causeth shame.

6 Blessings are vpon the head of the iust: but violence couereth the mouth of the wicked.

7 The memorie of the iust is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot.

8 The wise in heart will receiue commaundements: but a prating foole shall fall.

9 He that walketh vprightly, walketh surely: but he that peruerteth his wayes, shalbe knowen.

10 Hee that winketh with the eye, causeth sorrow: but a prating foole shall fall.

11 The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence couereth the mouth of the wicked.

12 Hatred stirreth vp strifes: but loue couereth all sinnes.

13 In the lips of him that hath vnderstanding, wisedome is found: but a rod is for the backe of him that is voyd of vnderstanding.

14 Wise men lay vp knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is neere destruction.

15 The rich mans wealth is his strong citie: the destruction of the poore is their pouertie.

16 The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruite of the wicked to sinne.

17 He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but hee that refuseth reproofe, erreth.

18 Hee that hideth hatred with lying lippes, and he that vttereth a slander, is a foole.

19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sinne: but he that refraineth his lippes, is wise.

20 The tongue of the iust is as choise siluer: the heart of the wicked is little worth.

21 The lippes of the righteous feed many: but fooles die for want of wisedome.

22 The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and hee addeth no sorrow with it.

23 It is as a sport to a foole to doe mischiefe: but a man of vnderstanding hath wisedome.

24 The feare of the wicked, it shall come vpon him: but the desire of the righteous shalbe granted.

25 As the whirlewinde passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an euerlasting foundation.

26 As vineger to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.

27 The feare of the Lord prolongeth dayes: but the yeeres of the wicked shalbe shortened.

28 The hope of the righteous shall bee gladnesse: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.

29 The way of the Lord is strength to the vpright: but destruction shall bee to the workers of iniquitie.

30 The righteous shall neuer bee remooued: but the wicked shall not inhabite the earth.

31 The mouth of the iust bringeth foorth wisedome: but the froward tongue shalbe cut out.

32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardnesse.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 am
Proverbs
Chapter 11

1 A false ballance is abomination to the Lord: but a iust weight is his delight.

2 When pride commeth, then commeth shame: but with the lowly is wisedome.

3 The integritie of the vpright shall guide them: but the peruersenesse of transgressours shall destroy them.

4 Riches profite not in the day of wrath: but righteousnesse deliuereth from death.

5 The righteousnesse of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his owne wickednesse.

6 The righteousnesse of the vpright shall deliuer them: but transgressours shall be taken in their owne naughtinesse.

7 When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of vniust men perisheth.

8 The righteous is deliuered out of trouble, and the wicked commeth in his stead.

9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the iust be deliuered.

10 When it goeth well with the righteous, the citie reioyceth: and when the wicked perish, there is shouting.

11 By the blessing of the vpright the citie is exalted; but it is ouerthrowen by the mouth of the wicked.

12 He that is void of wisedome, despiseth his neighbour: but a man of vnderstanding holdeth his peace.

13 A tale-bearer reuealeth secrets: but hee that is of a faithfull spirit, concealeth the matter.

14 Where no counsell is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellers there is safetie.

15 Hee that is suretie for a stranger, shall smart for it: and hee that hateth suretiship, is sure.

16 A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong men retaine riches.

17 The mercifull man doeth good to his owne soule: but he that is cruell, troubleth his owne flesh.

18 The wicked worketh a deceitfull worke: but to him that soweth righteousnesse, shall be a sure reward.

19 As righteousnesse tendeth to life: so he that pursueth euill, pursueth it to his owne death.

20 They that are of a froward heart, are abomination to the Lord: but such as are vpright in their way, are his delight.

21 Though hand ioyne in hand, the wicked shall not be vnpunished: but the seede of the righteous shall be deliuered.

22 As a iewell of golde in a swines snowt; so is a faire woman which is without discretion.

23 The desire of the righteous is onely good: but the expectation of the wicked is wrath.

24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more then is meete, but it tendeth to pouertie.

25 The liberall soule shalbe made fat: and he that watereth, shall be watered also himselfe.

26 Hee that withholdeth corne, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be vpon the head of him that selleth it.

27 He that diligently seeketh good, procureth fauour: but hee that seeketh mischiefe, it shall come vnto him.

28 He that trusteth in his riches, shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.

29 He that troubleth his owne house, shall inherite the winde: and the foole shall be seruant to the wise of heart.

30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life: and hee that winneth soules, is wise.

31 Behold, the righteous shalbe recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 am
Proverbs
Chapter 12

1 Whoso loueth instruction, loueth knowledge: but he that hateth reproofe, is brutish.

2 A good man obtaineth fauour of the Lord: but a man of wicked deuices will he condemne.

3 A man shall not bee established by wickednesse: but the roote of the righteous shall not be mooued.

4 A vertuous woman is a crowne to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed, is as rottennesse in his bones.

5 The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.

6 The words of the wicked are to lie in waite for blood: but the mouth of the vpright shall deliuer them.

7 The wicked are ouerthrowen, and are not: but the house of the righteous shall stand.

8 A man shall be commended according to his wisedome: but hee that is of a peruerse heart, shall be despised.

9 Hee that is despised and hath a seruant, is better then he that honoureth himselfe, and lacketh bread.

10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruell.

11 Hee that tilleth his land, shall bee satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vaine persons, is void of vnderstanding.

12 The wicked desireth the net of euill men: but the roote of the righteous yeeldeth fruit.

13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lippes: but the iust shall come out of trouble.

14 A man shall bee satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth, and the recompence of a mans hands shall bee rendred vnto him.

15 The way of a foole is right in his owne eyes: but he that hearkeneth vnto counsell, is wise.

16 A fooles wrath is presently knowen: but a prudent man couereth shame.

17 He that speaketh trueth, sheweth foorth righteousnesse: but a false witnesse, deceit.

18 There is that speaketh like the pearcings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.

19 The lippe of trueth shall bee established for euer: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.

20 Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine euill: but to the counsellours of peace, is ioy.

21 There shall no euill happen to the iust: but the wicked shall bee filled with mischiefe.

22 Lying lippes are abomination to the Lord: but they that deale truely, are his delight.

23 A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fooles proclaimeth foolishnesse.

24 The hand of the diligent shall beare rule: but the slouthfull shall bee vnder tribute.

25 Heauinesse in the heart of man maketh it stoope: but a good word maketh it glad.

26 The righteous is more excellent then his neighbour: but the way of the wicked seduceth them.

27 The slouthfull man rosteth not that which he tooke in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.

28 In the way of righteousnesse is life, and in the path-way thereof there is no death.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:29 pm
Proverbs
Chapter 13

1 A wise sonne heareth his fathers instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.

2 A man shall eate good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soule of the transgressours, shall eate violence.

3 He that keepeth his mouth, keepeth his life: but hee that openeth wide his lips, shall haue destruction.

4 The soule of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soule of the diligent shall be made fat.

5 A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and commeth to shame.

6 Righteousnesse keepeth him that is vpright in the way: but wickednesse ouerthroweth the sinner.

7 There is that maketh himselfe rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himselfe poore, yet hath great riches.

8 The ransome of a mans life are his riches: but the poore heareth not rebuke.

9 The light of the righteous reioyceth: but the lampe of the wicked shall be put out.

10 Onely by pride commeth contention: but with the well aduised is wisedome.

11 Wealth gotten by vanitie shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour, shall increase.

12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sicke: but when the desire commeth, it is a tree of life.

13 Whoso despiseth the word, shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commaundement, shall be rewarded.

14 The lawe of the wise is a fountaine of life, to depart from the snares of death.

15 Good vnderstanding giueth fauour: but the way of transgressours is hard.

16 Euery prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a foole layeth open his folly.

17 A wicked messenger falleth into mischiefe: but a faithfull ambassadour is health.

18 Pouerty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproofe, shall be honoured.

19 The desire accomplished is sweet to the soule: but it is abomination to fooles to depart from euill.

20 He that walketh with wise men, shall be wise: but a companion of fooles shall be destroyed.

21 Euill pursueth sinners: but to the righteous, good shall be repayd.

22 A good man leaueth an inheritance to his childrens children: and the wealth of the sinner is layd vp for the iust.

23 Much food is in the tillage of the poore: but there is that is destroyed for want of iudgement.

24 He that spareth his rod, hateth his sonne: but he that loueth him, chasteneth him betimes.

25 The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soule: but the belly of the wicked shall want.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:15 am
Proverbs
Chapter 14

1 Euery wise woman buildeth her house; but the foolish plucketh it downe with her hands.

2 He that walketh in his vprightnesse, feareth the Lord: but he that is peruerse in his wayes, despiseth him.

3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lippes of the wise shall preserue them.

4 Where no Oxen are, the crib is cleane: but much increase is by the strength of the Oxe.

5 A faithfull witnesse will not lye: but a false witnesse will vtter lyes.

6 A scorner seeketh wisedome, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easie vnto him that vnderstandeth.

7 Goe from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceiuest not in him the lippes of knowledge.

8 The wisedome of the prudent is to vnderstand his way: but the folly of fooles is deceit.

9 Fooles make a mocke at sinne: but among the righteous there is fauour.

10 The heart knoweth his owne bitternesse; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his ioy.

11 The house of the wicked shall bee ouerthrowen: but the tabernacle of the vpright shall flourish.

12 There is a way which seemeth right vnto a man: but the end thereof are the wayes of death.

13 Euen in laughter the heart is sorrowfull; and the end of that mirth is heauinesse.

14 The backslider in heart shall be filled with his owne wayes: and a good man shall be satisfied from himselfe.

15 The simple beleeueth euery word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

16 A wise man feareth, and departeth from euill: but the foole rageth, and is confident.

17 Hee that is soone angry, dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked deuices is hated.

18 The simple inherite folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.

19 The euill bowe before the good: and the wicked at the gates of the righteous.

20 The poore is hated euen of his owne neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.

21 He that despiseth his neighbour, sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poore, happy is he.

22 Doe they not erre that deuise euil? but mercy and trueth shall be to them that deuise good.

23 In all labour there is profit: but the talke of the lippes tendeth onely to penury.

24 The crowne of the wise is their riches: but the foolishnesse of fooles is folly.

25 A true witnesse deliuereth soules: but a deceitfull witnesse speaketh lyes.

26 In the feare of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall haue a place of refuge.

27 The feare of the Lord, is a fountaine of life, to depart from the snares of death.

28 In the multitude of people is the kings honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.

29 Hee that is slow to wrath, is of great vnderstanding: but hee that is hasty of spirit, exalteth folly.

30 A sound heart, is the life of the flesh: but enuie, the rottennesse of the bones.

31 Hee that oppresseth the poore, reprocheth his Maker: but hee that honoureth him, hath mercy on the poore.

32 The wicked is driuen away in his wickednes: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

33 Wisedome resteth in the heart of him that hath vnderstanding: but that which is in the midst of fooles, is made knowen.

34 Righteousnes exalteth a nation: but sinne is a reproch to any people.

35 The Kings fauour is toward a wise seruant: but his wrath, is against him that causeth shame.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:54 am
Proverbs
Chapter 15

1 A soft answere turneth away wrath: but grieuous words stirre vp anger.

2 The tongue of the wise, vseth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fooles, powreth out foolishnes.

3 The eyes of the Lord are in euery place, beholding the euill & the good.
'
4 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but peruersnesse therein is a breach in the spirit.

5 A foole despiseth his fathers instruction: but hee that regardeth reproofe, is prudent.

6 In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the reuenues of the wicked is trouble.

7 The lippes of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish, doeth not so.

8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the vpright is his delight.

9 The way of the wicked is an abomination vnto the Lord: but he loueth him that followeth after righteousnes.

10 Correction is grieuous vnto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproofe, shall die.

11 Hell and destruction are before the Lord: how much more then, the hearts of the children of men?

12 A scorner loueth not one that reproueth him: neither will he goe vnto the wise.

13 A merry heart maketh a cheerefull countenance: but by sorrow of the heart, the spirit is broken.

14 The heart of him that hath vnderstanding, seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fooles feedeth on foolishnesse.

15 All the dayes of the afflicted are euill: but he that is of a merry heart, hath a continuall feast.

16 Better is little with the feare of the Lord, then great treasure, and trouble therewith.

17 Better is a dinner of herbes where loue is, then a stalled oxe, and hatred therewith.

18 A wrathfull man stirreth vp strife: but he that is slow to anger, appeaseth strife.

19 The way of the slouthfull man is as an hedge of thornes: but the way of the righteous is made plaine.

20 A wise sonne maketh a glad father: but a foolish man despiseth his mother.

21 Folly is ioy to him that is destitute of wisedome: but a man of vnderstanding walketh vprightly.

22 Without counsell, purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellours they are established.

23 A man hath ioy by the answere of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it?

24 The way of life is aboue to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

25 The Lord will destroy the house of the proud: but he will establish the border of the widow.

26 The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord: but the wordes of the pure, are pleasant words.

27 Hee that is greedy of gaine, troubleth his owne house: but he that hateth gifts, shall liue.

28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answere: but the mouth of the wicked, powreth out euil things.

29 The Lord is farre from the wicked: but hee heareth the prayer of the righteous.

30 The light of the eyes reioyceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.

31 The eare that heareth the reproofe of life, abideth among the wise.

32 He that refuseth instruction, despiseth his owne soule: but he that heareth reproofe, getteth vnderstanding.

33 The feare of the Lord is the instruction of wisedome; and before honour is humilitie.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:37 am
Proverbs
Chapter 16

1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answere of the tongue, is from the Lord.

2 All the wayes of a man are cleane in his owne eyes: but the Lord weigheth the spirits.

3 Commit thy workes vnto the Lord, and thy thoughts shalbe established.

4 The Lord hath made all things for himselfe: yea, euen the wicked for the day of euill.

5 Euery one that is proud in heart, is an abomination to the Lord: though hand ioyne in hand, he shall not be vnpunished.

6 By mercy and trueth iniquitie is purged: and by the feare of the Lord, men depart from euill.

7 When a mans wayes please the Lord, he maketh euen his enemies to be at peace with him.

8 Better is a little with righteousnesse, then great reuenewes without right.

9 A mans heart deuiseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

10 A diuine sentence is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in iudgement.

11 A iust weight and ballance are the Lords: all the weights of the bagge are his worke.

12 It is an abomination to kings to commit wickednesse: for the throne is established by righteousnesse.

13 Righteous lips are the delight of kings: and they loue him that speaketh right.

14 The wrath of a king is as messengers of death: but a wise man will pacifie it.

15 In the light of the kings countenance is life, and his fauour is as a cloude of the latter raine.

16 How much better is it to get wisedome, then gold? and to get vnderstanding, rather to be chosen then siluer?

17 The high way of the vpright is to depart from euill: hee that keepeth his way, preserueth his soule.

18 Pride goeth before destruction: and an hautie spirit before a fall.

19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, then to diuide the spoile with the proud.

20 He that handleth a matter wisely, shall finde good: and who so trusteth in the Lord, happy is hee.

21 The wise in heart shall be called prudent; and the sweetnesse of the lips increaseth learning.

22 Understanding is a well-spring of life vnto him that hath it: but the instruction of fooles is folly.

23 The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lippes.

24 Pleasant words are as an honycombe, sweete to the soule, and health to the bones.

25 There is a way that seemeth right vnto a man; but the end thereof are the wayes of death.

26 Hee that laboureth, laboureth for himselfe; for his mouth craueth it of him.

27 An vngodly man diggeth vp euill: and in his lips there is as a burning fire.

28 A froward man soweth strife; & a whisperer separateth chiefe friends.

29 A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good.

30 He shutteth his eyes to deuise froward things: moouing his lips he bringeth euill to passe.

31 The hoary head is a crowne of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousnesse.

32 He that is slow to anger, is better then the mighty: and he that ruleth his spirit, then he that taketh a citie.

33 The lot is cast into the lap: but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am
Proverbs
Chapter 17

1 Better is a drie morsell, and quietnesse therewith; then an house full of sacrifices with strife.

2 A wise seruant shall haue rule ouer a son that causeth shame: and shall haue part of the inheritance among the brethren.

3 The fining pot is for siluer, and the furnace for gold: but the Lord trieth the hearts.

4 A wicked doer giueth heed to false lips: and a liar giueth eare to a naughtie tongue.

5 Whoso mocketh the poore, reproacheth his maker: and he that is glad at calamities, shall not be vnpunished.

6 Childrens children are the crowne of old men: and the glory of children are their fathers.

7 Excellent speech becommeth not a foole: much lesse doe lying lippes a prince.

8 A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoeuer it turneth, it prospereth.

9 He that couereth a transgression, seeketh loue; but he that repeateth a matter, separateth very friends.

10 A reproofe entreth more into a wise man, then an hundred stripes into a foole.

11 An euill man seeketh onely rebellion; therefore a cruell messenger shall be sent against him.

12 Let a beare robbed of her whelps meet a man, rather then a foole in his folly.

13 Whoso rewardeth euill for good, euill shall not depart from his house.

14 The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therfore leaue off contention, before it be medled with.

15 He that iustifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the iust: euen they both are abomination to the Lord.

16 Wherfore is there a price in the hand of a foole to get wisedome, seeing he hath no heart to it?

17 A friend loueth at all times, and a brother is borne for aduersitie.

18 A man void of vnderstanding striketh hands, and becommeth suretie in the presence of his friend.

19 He loueth transgression, that loueth strife: and he that exalteth his gate, seeketh destruction.

20 He that hath a froward heart, findeth no good, and he that hath a peruerse tongue, falleth into mischiefe.

21 He that begetteth a foole, doth it to his sorrow: and the father of a foole hath no ioy.

22 A merrie heart doth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

23 A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosome, to peruert the wayes of iudgement.

24 Wisedome is before him that hath vnderstanding: but the eyes of a foole are in the ends of the earth.

25 A foolish sonne is a griefe to his father, & bitternes to her that bare him.

26 Also to punish the iust is not good, nor to strike princes for equitie.

27 He that hath knowledge, spareth his words: and a man of vnderstanding is of an excellent spirit.

28 Euen a foole, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips, is esteemed a man of vnderstanding.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games