Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:48 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
new page User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:09 pm
Touche  

Sergeant CJ

Miss Anthropist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:32 am
Hello, good fellows, it is I, your god! Waffle! Returned from the notongaiaforalongtime.

Worship me. If you don't remember me I hate you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:50 am
*loves the screen name*

*is hated*

...world keeps spinnin' 'round.  

Theophrastus

Rohkaze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:09 am
Hello. I think I am here because perhaps Theophrastus and I quickly found common ground through our atheism and are constant debates with theists, and he probably recommended me.

I am, possibly, your new resident geezer, being 35 and apparently a little long in the tooth for Gaia. Meh. I do what I like.

Besides butting my head up against the wall of theism, I am also into my family (I have a baby daughter! I have a baby daughter!), aviation, drawing, reading, exploring, eating, and being lazy. The being lazy bit is sometimes tough because I am a teacher, but I manage to goof off and take naps a lot. I am talented that way.

Currently, I live and teach in Japan. However, my family lives in North Dakota. I have one more year to go before I return, and everyday is mixed as I love the opportunity of teaching overseas, but I miss my family every day.

Well, that was probably more than anyone wanted to read, but, meh, you just gotta deal with it. Heh.

Tah.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:22 am
Miss Anthropist
Hello, good fellows, it is I, your god! Waffle! Returned from the notongaiaforalongtime.

Worship me. If you don't remember me I hate you.
      Look, it's my drunk husband. Nice of you to come home once in a while. D:<

Welcome to the guild, Rohkaze! Yes, it was Theo. xP

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Tsuchikage Bendstraw7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 pm
Hello fellow gaians! i am planning on being a new active member of GAU. Thank you for letting me in and i hope to make friends with you all.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:43 pm
Hello. 3nodding
Name: Penquin
Sex: Female
I am atheist because I believe more in the facts of Evolution, Big Bang, and Science. I like PROOF and we have proof all around us that we exsist because of those reasons.
This is me! ---> User Image

Xx_Penquin_xX

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:20 pm
Wilkommen, Pingu. n_n  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:15 pm
3nodding
Thank you.

Xx_Penquin_xX

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:57 pm
I would to give a warm welcome to all the new people who have joined!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:59 pm
Name: I go by Darth on the internet. Very few people get to call me by my real name.

Sexual Orientation: Straight.

Occupation: Student/Lead Singer in a band (Hair metal mostly, right now)

Interests: Sports, music, learning, reading, writing, roleplaying, ancient history.

Likes: Civility between people of different religions or beliefs. Respect. See "Interests" xd

Dislikes: Idiots, Ultra-liberals and ultra-conservatives, scene music, people who incessantly bash or mock religion (quickest way to get on my bad side is doing just that, as I try to always be respectful of people's religion or lack thereof). Lying is also somewhere on that list, I'm sure.

Politically: I'm in the middle. I can see things from both sides, but I lean right for various reasons.

Beliefs: Well, first of all, let me just say one thing, since it's bound to annoy or downright anger some people: I see science as a religion. This is because I don't want to take one set of explanations of the world around us and separate it from the rest because it has "facts" or experiments. That's a hindrance in my quest for knowledge.

As someone who tries to learn everything I can about, well, everything I find interesting, I can't very well take a scientific stand-point towards certain things, and I can't be biased. So, to me, science is just another religion, albeit a well thought out one. In order to learn, I believe that I have to have COMPLETE detachment from any of my beliefs, and that requires that nothing stand out from everything else. I believe that's why Sanguvixen invited me to the guild as well - she seems to think that this particular belief is rather unique.

Secondly, I'm agnostic - I do believe in science, some form of higher power, and I'm a dualist, not a monist. I also favor Zen meditation, though I'm no Buddhist - I just see it as an excellent form of bringing one's concentration fully to bear, or to prepare oneself to do so as needed.

DarthVizzle

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:09 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Is it bad of me that I never read the part where people talk about why they're atheists?
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:10 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
que me gusta lo mejor
Is it bad of me that I never read the part where people talk about why they're atheists?
ni el dinero ni el amor

Probably not.  

DarthVizzle

Matataur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:05 am
Hey all. I'm Matataur. I used to believe in Catholicism, but now I don't. I'm interested in politics and literature, if anyone is interested.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games