Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:46 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I never said anything that would imply that you're stupid. I never said people who like the new Final Fantasy games are stupid either, I just think they're simply terrible games. Umbrella Chronicles was pretty terrible, too. The storyline was so awful, I don't understand why you think, "explaining a lot of stuff" is a good thing. I mean, like I always say, some things are better left mysteries, and they're trying to take all the fun out of Resident Evil's storyline.

And who are they to say that the fixed camera angles are boring? They should be making games for their fans, people who thought there was nothing better than fixed camera angles.

I think first person shooters are boring, but if I were to be assigned to work on a first person shooter, I'd be making it for the people who would be buying it. Not for myself, that's just selfish.

But my biggest problem with it, by far, is the storyline. I could let go the over the shoulder camera (Aside from the backflips, jumping out windows and oh god, that oh so awful laser scene-which, like many things in REd, Mikami recycled from another action game about robots in the future) if the story was half decent and the characters were well written.
But RE4 is pretty hard to take seriously. Horror is supposed to have suspense and tension, and there was NOTHING of the sort in RE4. And when you think there might be some tension, it gets broken. Either by Leon's smartass comments, Ashley's annoying voice or the bad guys. And oh god, they couldn't have been worse, you either have Saddler with his, "I want to suck your blood!" Dracula voice, or you have Salazar with his, "Meester Kennedy! Salazar will not let you have the one ring!"
With horror, if they intentionally (or what seemed like intentionally) make the narrative sound stupid and cartoonish, then it's not gonna be scary. That's why Code Veronica wasn't scary either.

Look at a game like Cold Fear, I thought the controls were a little jittery and uncomfortable. And that was the only problem with it. Aside from that:
The camera was over the shoulder.
The dialogue was serious, and the voice acting was convincing.
The ammo was scarce.
The enemies were freaky without being too over the top.
It was a scary game. If you gave that game the aim mechanics of RE4, then everything else would've made it a far better game than RE4 could ever be.

Shinji Mikami wanted to make something about ghosts, but he would've screwed that up too, since it seems that in his true vision, he knows nothing about what makes horror scary.

i wasn't asking you that question i was asking notterequiem

any way i do admit that wasn't horroific as the other ones. but wouldn't it be selfish of you to want them to be bored making another resident evil with a fixed camera;thats a complete paradox there. i think a better director for RE would be Masashi Tsuboyama, the direct of silent hill.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 pm
I think a better director for Resident Evil would be Antoine Villette, who directed Cold Fear.
Like I said, I thought the gameplay mechanics were a bit off in that game, the aiming wasn't very comforable. But aside from that, the way it was made, I think it's what RE4 should've been.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:52 am
Blackartist19
are you saying that because i like RE4 is that i am stupid?

Okay, you're asking me this question?

Can you point out when I said that you were stupid if you liked RE4? I looked 3 pages back and found nothing to that effect.

I'm pretty sure I've stated my opinion about RE4. I'm a person who likes a certain type of storyline and thus, consistency. To me, Resident Evil is an elegant blend of Science, Humanity and a touch of Psychology... I want it to stay that way. But with RE4, most of that went out the window. It isn't feasable that there is an ancient parasite hidden somewhere underground that can be controlled by an outside force. I just don't buy it. It isn't scary to me. That being said, I still enjoyed Code: Veronica X, which is the last game of RE that I liked.

It's all about personal preference. I just set my standards at a certain point for me... everyone else is on their own. And I'm pretty sure the only one I know of with higher standards than me is Bio.

Anyway, if I've attacked you, tell me which page it's on. It's never my intention to directly insult someone or call them stupid in any way.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 am
NotteRequiem
Blackartist19
are you saying that because i like RE4 is that i am stupid?

Okay, you're asking me this question?

Can you point out when I said that you were stupid if you liked RE4? I looked 3 pages back and found nothing to that effect.

I'm pretty sure I've stated my opinion about RE4. I'm a person who likes a certain type of storyline and thus, consistency. To me, Resident Evil is an elegant blend of Science, Humanity and a touch of Psychology... I want it to stay that way. But with RE4, most of that went out the window. It isn't feasable that there is an ancient parasite hidden somewhere underground that can be controlled by an outside force. I just don't buy it. It isn't scary to me. That being said, I still enjoyed Code: Veronica X, which is the last game of RE that I liked.

It's all about personal preference. I just set my standards at a certain point for me... everyone else is on their own. And I'm pretty sure the only one I know of with higher standards than me is Bio.

Anyway, if I've attacked you, tell me which page it's on. It's never my intention to directly insult someone or call them stupid in any way.

you said that one person being enlightened for not liking RE4. enlightenment means gaining more knowledge and the opposite of gaining is losing so if that logic is placed then it would mean i'm getting more stupid for liking RE4.  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:54 am
Well, as another definition, it could also mean achieving a higher state of being.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:12 pm
And now the infighting starts... Don't let that happen! It's what Mikami and his cohorts would want! It's what George Romero and all the other zombie movie directors crave! THE HUMAN ELEMENT THAT ALLOWS US TO SURVIVE BY BANDING TOGETHER IS A DOUBLE BLADED SWORD!!! Whenever we start to look at differences in each other, our banding together to survive breaks down and soon the hordes of infected/undead will overflow and take us.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:26 pm
Well, no worries. Mikami got rid of the undead, and replaced them with terrorist parasites. And we can fight those with backflips and cheesy one liners.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:40 pm
Good point... *flips over terrorist parasite infecting a Haitian* "Sorry to ruin this party, but you've been a lousy HOST!!!"  

Vinessa_Valentine

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:22 pm
*shoves off a man with a parasite trying to suck his face off and punches him in the face, sending him flying into a group of people and knocking them down* "Sorry, but I don't swing that way! My fist does, though!"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:40 pm
Canas Renvall
Is the Master Glitch in OoT not the coolest thing ever? And the infinite Gold Skulltula glitch is awesome. OoT had countless glitches, and there's a website that shows all of them. It's great! That game was amazing alone, but just messing around with all the glitches is a ton of fun in itself.

The Odyssey of Hyrule
Go down until you see all the links on the left. All of those are OoT glitches.

Yoshi's Island is amazing! I love the opening song with the flute. It's on my iPod! biggrin And yeah. Basically all of Nintendo's major first-party titles are holding strong with me.

Ruined series: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Megaman, and possibly Alone in the Dark. I'm buying AitD5 for the 360 out of hope. The fourth one made me want to puke. Go figure. It's looking like an RE4 ripoff, but it still looks like it could hold some scares... plus, since I preordered at least I get a free T-shirt and the OST!

Final Fantasy isn't ruined! I dunno what you're talking about there. I mean, the basis fighting style is changed up, but that doesn't mean it's completly screwed up yet. The story is generic, everything has their place like they should, and it's keeping what we all love, Moogles, Chocobos, air ships and the like!

But back on Topic. RE4, to me, screwed up by being RE4, if it were it's own game, seperate from the story, it'd be fine. Pure and simple.  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:55 pm
Celestial Fox Frenzi
Final Fantasy isn't ruined! I dunno what you're talking about there. I mean, the basis fighting style is changed up, but that doesn't mean it's completly screwed up yet. The story is generic, everything has their place like they should, and it's keeping what we all love, Moogles, Chocobos, air ships and the like!

But back on Topic. RE4, to me, screwed up by being RE4, if it were it's own game, seperate from the story, it'd be fine. Pure and simple.

And that's one of the many reasons why Final Fantasy IS ruined. There was something special about the storyline of FF6, 7, 8 etc. It was by far the best part ABOUT the game, the reason why I played them in the first place: The storyline.
Now it's become bland, generic, angsty and overall very boring. In addition to the hack and slash fighting style, all that FF offers anymore is graphics. And graphics don't make the game.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:25 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, as another definition, it could also mean achieving a higher state of being.

so using that definition it could be saying that i am a lower being than her.  

Blackartist19

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, no worries. Mikami got rid of the undead, and replaced them with terrorist parasites. And we can fight those with backflips and cheesy one liners.

Don't forget that Chris used lame puns as well in the original RE. razz

"Looks like we got to the ROOT of that problem!"

Your teammate almost died and you think a cheesy joke will lighten the mood?

How considerate.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Yeah i say that SE tried to be too realistic in 12. i didn't like that. confused  

UmbraGallus

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:51 pm
AngelaAshford
Biohazard EXTREME

Don't forget that Chris used lame puns as well in the original RE. razz

"Looks like we got to the ROOT of that problem!"

Your teammate almost died and you think a cheesy joke will lighten the mood?

How considerate.

Yes, but I don't believe it was meant to make him sound badass. With Leon, the intention was, "Whoa! Leon is so badass! He's so unphased by what's going on around him!"
With RE1, it was a victim of unintentionally bad writing. It was the best they could do at the time. But with RE4, they actually thought they were making Leon out to be more of a badass.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games