Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:44 am

No idea, yet. But they're basically gonna even out everyone's powers. We'll see. Hey, I have nothing against Luthor, his presence in it would be cool, like I said, I'm just hoping to see more bad guys.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:03 am

I know, I just figured since you know more about this game than I do, you might know why the Joker is there.

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:11 am

Because he's iconic. The only thing they really revealed is that in addition to Kryptonite, Superman is apparently weak against the magic on which the whole Mortal Kombat universe is based, and because of that, the MK characters actually stand a chance against Superman.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 pm

Well, it would've been cheap is Superman was invincible.

So, been playing SC IV, and well, it's actually mildly entertaining. Storymode is kinda short, even if there is 20 something characters. Plus the ones you can create. I mean it, storymode on Normal took me maybe 5 minutes? Hard mode, took me 10. Arcade mode, takes about 15, because The Apprentice is a b***h to fight. The Create-a-character is hard to use at first, but after messing around for a bit, it'll make alot more sense. Uh, if you play, beware about Online. If it's the 360 version, people will use Yoda. Yoda, is a midget. Meaning, you can only really hit him with low attacks. And you can't grab him. So, yeah, that's a real annoyance. To unlock characters, you have to purchase them with money earned from Tower Of Lost Souls, Storymode and Online. Besides that, there are 7 you have to do certain things to get. Well, that's pretty much it.

Elliot Salem

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Omg yayyy! I just took my driving test today about an hour and a half ago... and I made it! biggrin I get to go to the Secretary of State's office tomorrow and get my license! I'm so happyyyy~ whee
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:08 pm

Elliot Salem

So, been playing SC IV, and well, it's actually mildly entertaining. Storymode is kinda short, even if there is 20 something characters. Plus the ones you can create. I mean it, storymode on Normal took me maybe 5 minutes? Hard mode, took me 10. Arcade mode, takes about 15, because The Apprentice is a b***h to fight. The Create-a-character is hard to use at first, but after messing around for a bit, it'll make alot more sense. Uh, if you play, beware about Online. If it's the 360 version, people will use Yoda. Yoda, is a midget. Meaning, you can only really hit him with low attacks. And you can't grab him. So, yeah, that's a real annoyance. To unlock characters, you have to purchase them with money earned from Tower Of Lost Souls, Storymode and Online. Besides that, there are 7 you have to do certain things to get. Well, that's pretty much it.

Yoda is so cheap. -_- I knew a lot of people were going to use him online! Me and my husband rented the game last night and we played it for hours trying to unlock stuff. I really love the changes they've made to the character creation. I thought most of the classes in SC3's creation were pretty useless except for a couple. I love how the stores are gone; you can just buy what you want and wear it right off the bat.

And I agree that Story Mode can be finished a little too quickly. confused

BTW I beat MGS4. I was very pleased with the ending.

@Canas: Congrats!

Also...have any of you seen the new trailer for Degeneration? It makes me happy that the ole zombies are back (at least in this) and Claire still has her same voice actress. But "Small Time" Leon's behavior annoyed me. I thought his cocky attitude was very inappropriate considering the circumstances. He should be nervous and concerned about the people's safety and his own. *sigh* My lovable, whimpy-voiced-but-courageous cop is gone forever... sad

MadamTarantula

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:47 pm

Shh. Don't say that, Bio'll have a b***h-fit and not see the movie. Make absolutely no references to RE4 or UC regarding the movie. Seriously, don't start him up again. sweatdrop

Also, I found something hilarious... It's a spoof on the Dark Knight trailer. And it's actually done pretty well. xd

"Rachel's told me all about you." "Well if that's the case then I'll just have to kill you both."
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:21 pm

Elliot Salem

What you said about Yoda reminds me. You know another cool fighting game? The Dragonball Z series. Why it reminded me is because as you might know warrors in that game come in all shapes and sizes. So what they did is, if you have a really short warrior fighting someone bigger than him, the big guy's punches will be automatically directed downward, I thought that was really clever.

Oh, and Canas, watch your mouth, I don't throw b***h-fits. I rant.

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:50 pm

Well, after a few ore hours of play last night and a few this morning before work, well, I really must add that this game is actually alot better than what it was yesterday. I finally fully understand the Character creation, don't just base it on who you want your character to look. You have a few things that affect certain skills you're character can have. I won't go into detail, but I finally got good at it and had another go online. Rooms open and disappear really quickly. Well, I played a few unranked games with a few really cool players. While there, I found a guy who loved RE. We kept playing against each other, while talking about the series. Then I asked him about RE4, 5 and Degeneration, and he's telling me how even though he doesn't like the new games, he'll play them, and he'll still watch the movies. Like me, he thinks that the RE series can be redeemed. Anyway, the online community is pretty good, it beats games like Gears of War, R6:V, and obviously Halo.
So, it's fun throwing custom characters against other customs.
Most of the community, dislikes using Yoda, but they will for a few reasons, if you use him, or use the Apprentice. Don't know why the Apprentice though, it's probably because I'm not good with him though.
Well, that's all I really have to say.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm kind of excited to play this. I've always been a fan of Soul Calibur, and it's quite the crowd pleaser when I go over someones house and have a good time.

One of my girlfriends from college texted me today and told me her fiance keeps getting his a** kicked by an 8 year old in Japan rofl

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Ouch, that must be damaging for his ego.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:39 pm

NotteRequiem
I'm kind of excited to play this. I've always been a fan of Soul Calibur, and it's quite the crowd pleaser when I go over someones house and have a good time.

One of my girlfriends from college texted me today and told me her fiance keeps getting his a** kicked by an 8 year old in Japan rofl

xd

What is everyone's character of choice? I usually play as Sophitia. 3nodding

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:10 pm

Well, I actually got to play it at my buddy's today, and so far, I've only tried two characters. And between Taki and Ivy, I'm better as ivy. The only problem with Ivy, I think, is that she has so much underboob that you forget that it's underboob, and it loses its effect.

Gorgeous game, though.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I actually got to play it at my buddy's today, and so far, I've only tried two characters. And between Taki and Ivy, I'm better as ivy. The only problem with Ivy, I think, is that she has so much underboob that you forget that it's underboob, and it loses its effect.

Gorgeous game, though.

I remember seeing my husband fight against some maid that had Taki's fighting style. I can see why Taki has so much bounce because of the "lack of restraint" and the material on her outfit, but it was just plain weird on the maid. She had a much smaller chest and on top of that I'm sure she was wearing a bra, so they shouldn't have been flying all over the place like they did.

As for Ivy, she seriously needs to put some clothes on. Her clothing designs are getting more and more absurd with each installment. Hell, the DoA girls are more covered up than she is and that's saying something when sex appeal is a staple in DoA. confused

MadamTarantula

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Yayyy! Remember that $50 gift card I got to Gamestop/EB Games for my birthday? Well... My bro and my family went to this Italian restaurant called Bravo! for his birthday today and there was a Gamestop next door (it was in a huge outlet mall called Eastwood Towne Center). I went to see if they had SH3, and they didn't, but they did a district-wide search and I found out that there was a copy at EB Games in the mall I go to. I only went to the Gamestop there usually, so when I heard this I felt like a total tool.

So I go there because we it was on the way home, and used my gift card to buy it (it was 30 bucks). After that, I just decided to go to Gamestop and pick up something else I had seen a looong time ago that I wanted: Siren for 8 bucks. biggrin So I still have 10 bucks on my card, I have SH3, and I have Siren! Yay for survival horror! whee

Edit: Raphael ever since he appeared in 2. I took fencing lessons one summer, so I can relate. razz
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games