Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:26 pm
AngelaAshford
NotteRequiem
I'm kind of excited to play this. I've always been a fan of Soul Calibur, and it's quite the crowd pleaser when I go over someones house and have a good time.

One of my girlfriends from college texted me today and told me her fiance keeps getting his a** kicked by an 8 year old in Japan rofl

xd

What is everyone's character of choice? I usually play as Sophitia. 3nodding

Well, I play as my own custom badass, using Mitsurugi's style.
Although, for playing as a normal character, it's a three way tie between Kilik, Maxi, and Yun-seong.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:20 pm
I'm actually best as Cassandra of all people, with Talim as a close second, and Taki as a third.  

Javanomicron

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 pm
I haven't played Soulcalibur since the second one, which had the awesome Weapon Master mode, so maybe that's why I'm so disappointed with IV. And I always played as Link in II, so I don't really have a character of choice.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:21 am
I dunno, maybe my friend put on too many hours into that game, but playing against him, I always felt like Link was a really cheap character. No, I'm sure he actually was, I mean, he was like the only character who had projectile weapons.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:56 am
Link can be really cheap if somebody is good with him, but he can also be pretty shitty if the player isn't very good.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:28 am
Well, you know every Zelda fanboy (not saying that you're one) would MASTER link. So if you play SC2 against a Zelda fanboy, and they choose link, you don't stand a chance, then.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:41 am
Pretty much. And I don't know if I would go so far as to say "fanboy," but the Zelda series is one of my favorites.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:44 am
Okay, let me rephrase that. LINK fanboys. You know, those guys who write 30 paragraph comments in "Link vs. Cloud" threads in the Gaming Discussion Forum, about why Link would beat Cloud in a fight?

The people why actually try to put together every Zelda game into one canon, which I think is stupid, I've played a few of them, and majority of them seem pretty independent. The only two direct sequels of Zelda that I've seen were Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:53 am
Yeah, I think that there is some very loose timeline for the games, but not all of them fit into it. Like how Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass are definitely the most recent in the timeline.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:58 am
I don't think they're necessarily in any timeline. I mean, it's obviously not the same link in all the games. So what, is there supposed to be a new generation of Links and Zeldas in the same world? They even follow different mythologies. Frankly, to me, Zelda series as a whole is like a big book of stories about the same character, written by different authors. Which is awesome in itself. But I wouldn't try to put them together into one continuity.

It's like those people who actually tried to say that Final Fantasy X and X-2 fit into the same continuity as Final Fantasy 7.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:06 am
Actually, there are two more games that have somewhat of a story. Two of them for the Gameboy color, Oracle of Time and Oracle of Seasons, I think that's what they were called.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:47 am
Are they directly connected by continuity though? Cause I always thought they were just really interesting kind of... Counterparts.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:08 am
If you played one and beat it, you'd get a code, when you start the next game, you put the code it, and then it'll act like a sequel.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 am
Oh really? That's pretty awesome.
But aside from those several duos, most of them are fairly irrelevant from one another. Which is, like I said, not necessarily a bad thing.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:10 am
Yeah, although I honestly wish there would be a few more sequels to Zelda. Like at the end of one, after you rescue the princess, you get attacked or something. And then you'd have to find and rescue her again in a different land. Although, that might be hard to do and could possibly end a long running series.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games