Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:55 am
Proverbs
Chapter 18
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Through desire a man hauing separated himselfe, seeketh and intermedleth with all wisedome.

2 A foole hath no delight in vnderstanding, but that his heart may discouer it selfe.

3 When the wicked commeth, then commeth also contempt, and with ignominie, reproch.

4 The words of a mans mouth, are as deepe waters, and the well-spring of wisedome as a flowing brooke.

5 It is not good to accept the person of the wicked, to ouerthrowe the righteous in iudgement.

6 A fooles lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.

7 A fooles mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soule.

8 The words of a tale bearer are as wounds, and they goe downe into the innermost parts of the belly.

9 Hee also that is slouthful in his worke, is brother to him that is a great waster.

10 The name of the Lord is a a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

11 The rich mans wealth is his strong citie: and as an high wall in his owne conceit.

12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughtie, and before honour is humilitie.

13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame vnto him.

14 The spirit of a man will sustaine his infirmitie: but a wounded spirit who can beare?

15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the eare of the wise seeketh knowledge.

16 A mans gift maketh roome for him, & bringeth him before great men.

17 He that is first in his owne cause, seemeth iust; but his neighbour commeth and searcheth him.

18 The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth betweene the mighty.

19 A brother offended is harder to be wonne then a strong citie: and their contentions are like the barres of a castle.

20 A mans belly shall be satisfied with the fruite of his mouth; and with the increase of his lippes shall he be filled.

21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that loue it shall eate the fruite thereof.

22 Who so findeth a wife, findeth a good thing, and obtaineth fauour of the Lord.

23 The poore vseth intreaties, but the rich answereth roughly.

24 A man that hath friends must shewe himselfe friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer then a brother.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:49 am
Proverbs
Chapter 19

1 Better is the poore that walketh in his integrity, then he that is peruerse in his lippes, and is a foole.

2 Also, that the soule be without knowledge, it is not good, and hee that hasteth with his feete, sinneth.

3 The foolishnesse of man peruerteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the Lord.

4 Wealth maketh many friends: but the poore is separated from his neighbour.

5 A false witnesse shall not be vnpunished: and he that speaketh lyes, shal not escape.

6 Many will entreate the fauour of the Prince: and euery man is a friend to him that giueth gifts.

7 All the brethren of the poore doe hate him: howe much more doe his friends goe farre from him? Hee pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.

8 He that getteth wisedome loueth his owne soule: he that keepeth vnderstanding shall find good.

9 A false witnesse shall not be vnpunished, and hee that speaketh lyes, shall perish.

10 Delight is not seemely for a foole: much lesse for a seruant to haue rule ouer princes.

11 The discretion of a man deferreth his anger: and it is his glory to passe ouer a transgression.

12 The kings wrath is as the roaring of a lyon: but his fauour is as dewe vpon the grasse.

13 A foolish sonne is the calamity of his father; and the contentions of a wife are a continuall dropping.

14 House and riches, are the inheritance of fathers; and a prudent wife is from the Lord.

15 Slouthfulnesse casteth into a deep sleepe: and an idle soule shall suffer hunger.

16 He that keepeth the commandement, keepeth his owne soule: but hee that despiseth his wayes, shall die.

17 Hee that hath pity vpon the poore, lendeth vnto the Lord; and that which he hath giuen, will he pay him againe.

18 Chasten thy sonne while there is hope; and let not thy soule spare for his crying.

19 A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliuer him, yet thou must doe it againe.

20 Heare counsell, and receiue instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

21 There are many deuices in a mans heart: neuerthelesse the counsell of the Lord, that shall stand.

22 The desire of a man is his kindnesse: and a poore man is better then a lyar.

23 The feare of the Lord tendeth to life, and he that hath it shall abide satisfied: he shall not be visited with euill.

24 A slouthfull man hideth his hand in his bosome, and wil not so much as bring it to his mouth againe.

25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware; and reprooue one that hath vnderstanding, and he will vnderstand knowledge.

26 He that wasteth his father, and chaseth away his mother, is a sonne that causeth shame, and bringeth reproch.

27 Cease, my sonne, to heare the instruction, that causeth to erre from the words of knowledge.

28 An vngodly witnesse scorneth iudgement: and the mouth of the wicked deuoureth iniquitie.

29 Iudgements are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the backe of fooles.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:58 am
Proverbs
Chapter 20

1 Wine is a mocker, strong drinke is raging: and whosoeuer is deceiued thereby, is not wise.

2 The feare of a king, is as the roaring of a Lion: who so prouoketh him to anger, sinneth against his owne soule.

3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but euery foole will be medling.

4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he begge in haruest, and haue nothing.

5 Counsell in the heart of man is like deepe water: but a man of vnderstanding will draw it out.

6 Most men will proclaime euery one his owne goodnes: but a faithfull man who can finde?

7 The iust man walketh in his integritie: his children are blessed after him.

8 A king that sitteth in the throne of iudgement, scattereth away all euill with his eyes.

9 Who can say, I haue made my heart cleane, I am pure from my sinne?

10 Diuers weights, and diuers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the Lord.

11 Euen a childe is knowen by his doings, whether his worke be pure, and whether it be right.

12 The hearing eare, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made euen both of them.

13 Loue not sleepe, lest thou come to pouertie: open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.

14 It is nought, it is nought (saith the buyer:.) but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.

15 There is gold, and a multitude of Rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious iewell.

16 Take his garment that is suerty for a stranger: and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.

17 Bread of deceit is sweet to a man: but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with grauell.

18 Euery purpose is established by counsell: and with good aduice make warre.

19 He that goeth about as a tale-bearer, reueileth secrets; therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lippes.

20 Who so curseth his father or his mother, his lampe shall be put out in obscure darkenesse.

21 An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning: but the ende thereof shall not be blessed.

22 Say not thou, I will recompence euil: but wait on the Lord, and he shall saue thee.

23 Diuers waights are an abomination vnto the Lord: and a false ballance is not good.

24 Mans goings are of the Lord; how can a man then vnderstand his owne way?

25 It is a snare to the man who deuoureth that which is holy: and after vowes, to make inquirie.

26 A wise king scattereth the wicked, & bringeth the wheele ouer them.

27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

28 Mercy and trueth preserue the king: and his throne is vpholden by mercy.

29 The glory of yong men is their strength: and the beautie of old men is the gray head.

30 The blewnes of a wound cleanseth away euill: so doe stripes the inward parts of the belly.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:00 am
Proverbs
Chapter 21

1 The kings heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the riuers of water: hee turneth it whithersoeuer he will.

2 Euery way of a man is right in his owne eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.

3 To doe iustice and iudgement, is more acceptable to the Lord, then sacrifice.

4 An high looke, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sinne.

5 The thoughts of the diligent tend onely to plenteousnes: but of euery one that is hastie, onely to want.

6 The getting of treasures by a lying tongue, is a vanitie tossed to and fro of them that seeke death.

7 The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to doe iudgement.

8 The way of man is froward and strange: but as for the pure; his worke is right.

9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the house top; then with a brawling woman in a wide house.

10 The soule of the wicked desireth euill: his neighbour findeth no fauour in his eyes.

11 When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receiueth knowledge.

12 The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked: but God ouerthroweth the wicked for their wickednesse.

13 Whoso stoppeth his eares at the cry of the poore, hee also shall cry himselfe, but shall not be heard.

14 A gift in secret pacifieth anger; and a reward in the bosome, strong wrath.

15 It is ioy to the iust to doe iudgement: but destruction shalbe to the workers of iniquitie.

16 The man that wandreth out of the way of vnderstanding, shall remaine in the congregation of the dead.

17 He that loueth pleasure, shall be a poore man: hee that loueth wine and oyle, shall not be rich.

18 The wicked shalbe a ransome for the righteous; and the transgressour for the vpright.

19 It is better to dwell in the wildernesse, then with a contentious and an angry woman.

20 There is treasure to be desired, and oyle in the dwelling of the wise: but a foolish man spendeth it vp.

21 Hee that followeth after righteousnesse and mercy, findeth life, righteousnesse and honour.

22 A wise man scaleth the citie of the mightie, and casteth downe the strength of the confidence thereof.

23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soule from troubles.

24 Proud and haughtie scorner, is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.

25 The desire of the slouthfull killeth him: for his hands refuse to labour.

26 Hee coueteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giueth and spareth not.

27 The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he bringeth it with a wicked minde?

28 A false witnesse shall perish: but the man that heareth, speaketh constantly.

29 A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the vpright, he directeth his way.

30 There is no wisedome, nor vnderstanding, nor counsell against the Lord.

31 The horse is prepared against the day of battell: but safetie is of the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:41 am
Proverbs
Chapter 22

1 A Good name is rather to be chosen then great riches, and louing fauour rather then siluer & golde.

2 The rich and poore meet together: the Lord is the maker of them all.

3 A prudent man foreseeth the euill, and hideth himselfe: but the simple passe on, and are punished.

4 By humilitie and the feare of the Lord, are riches, and honour, and life.

5 Thornes and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doeth keepe his soule, shalbe farre from them.

6 Traine vp a childe in the way he should goe: and when he is olde, hee will not depart from it.

7 The rich ruleth ouer the poore, and the borrower is seruant to the lender.

8 Hee that soweth iniquitie, shall reape vanitie: and the rodde of his anger shall faile.

9 Hee that hath a bountifull eye, shall bee blessed: for hee giueth of his bread to the poore.

10 Cast out the scorner, and contention shall goe out; yea strife, and reproch shall cease.

11 He that loueth purenesse of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.

12 The eyes of the Lord preserue knowledge, and he ouerthroweth the words of the transgressour.

13 The slothfull man sayth, There is a lyon without, I shall be slaine in the streetes.

14 The mouth of strange women is a deepe pit: he that is abhorred of the Lord shall fall therein.

15 Foolishnesse is bound in the heart of a child: but the rod of correction shal driue it farre from him.

16 Hee that oppresseth the poore to increase his riches, and he that giueth to the rich, shall surely come to want.

17 Bow downe thine eare, and heare the words of the wise, and apply thine heart vnto my knowledge.

18 For it is a pleasant thing, if thou keepe them within thee; they shall withall be fitted in thy lippes.

19 That thy trust may bee in the Lord, I haue made knowen to thee this day, euen to thee.

20 Haue not I written to thee excellent things in counsailes and knowledge:

21 That I might make thee knowe the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answere the words of trueth to them that send vnto thee?

22 Rob not the poore because he is poore, neither oppresse the afflicted in the gate.

23 For the Lord will plead their cause, and spoile the soule of those that spoiled them.

24 Make no friendship with an angrie man: and with a furious man thou shalt not goe;

25 Lest thou learne his wayes, and get a snare to thy soule.

26 Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts.

27 If thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take away thy bed from vnder thee?

28 Remoue not the ancient land marke, which thy fathers haue set.

29 Seest thou a man diligent in his businesse? hee shall stand before kings, he shall not stand before meane men.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:32 am
Proverbs
Chapter 23

1 When thou sittest to eate with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee.

2 And put a knife to thy throate, if thou be a man giuen to appetite.

3 Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitfull meate.

4 Labour not to bee rich: cease from thine owne wisedome.

5 Wilt thou set thine eyes vpon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselues wings, they fly away as an Eagle toward heauen.

6 Eate thou not the bread of him that hath an euill eye, neither desire thou his dainty meates.

7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eate, and drinke, sayth he to thee, but his heart is not with thee.

8 The morsell which thou hast eaten, shalt thou vomite vp, and loose thy sweete words.

9 Speake not in the eares of a foole: for hee will despise the wisedome of thy words.

10 Remoue not the old landmarke; and enter not into the fields of the fatherlesse.

11 For their redeemer is mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee.

12 Apply thine heart vnto instruction, and thine eares to the words of knowledge.

13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

14 Thou shalt beate him with the rod, and shalt deliuer his soule from hell.

15 My sonne, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall reioyce, euen mine.

16 Yea my reines shall reioyce, when thy lippes speake right things.

17 Let not thine heart enuy sinners, but be thou in the feare of the Lord all the day long.

18 For surely there is an end, and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

19 Heare thou, my sonne, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way.

20 Be not amongst wine-bibbers; amongst riotous eaters of flesh.

21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to pouerty; and drousinesse shall cloath a man with ragges.

22 Hearken vnto thy father that begate thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.

23 Buy the trueth, and sell it not; also wisedome and instruction and vnderstanding.

24 The father of the righteous shall greatly reioyce: and he that begetteth a wise child, shall haue ioy of him.

25 Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall reioyce.

26 My sonne, giue me thine heart, and let thine eyes obserue my wayes.

27 For an whore is a deepe ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit.

28 She also lyeth in wait as for a pray, and increaseth the transgressours among men.

29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath rednesse of eyes?

30 They that tarry long at the wine, they that goe to seeke mixt wine.

31 Looke not thou vpon the wine when it is red, when it giueth his colour in the cup, when it moueth it selfe aright.

32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall vtter peruerse things.

34 Yea thou shalt be as he that lyeth downe in the midst of the sea, or as he that lyeth vpon the top of a mast.

35 They haue striken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sicke: they haue beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seeke it yet againe.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:19 am
Proverbs
Chapter 24

1 Be not thou enuious against euill men, neither desire to be with them.

2 For their heart studieth destruction, and their lippes talke of mischiefe.

3 Through wisedome is an house builded, and by vnderstanding it is established.

4 And by knowledge shall the chambers bee filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

5 A wise man is strong, yea a man of knowledge encreaseth strength.

6 For by wise counsell thou shalt make thy warre: and in multitude of counsellers there is safetie.

7 Wisedome is too high for a foole: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.

8 He that deuiseth to doe euill, shall be called a mischieuous person.

9 The thought of foolishnesse is sinne: and the scorner is an abomination to men.

10 If thou faint in the day of aduersitie, thy strength is small:

11 If thou forbeare to deliuer them that are drawen vnto death, and those that are ready to be slaine:

12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not: doth not he that pondereth the heart, consider it? and he that keepeth thy soule, doth not he know it? and shall not hee render to euery man according to his workes?

13 My sonne, eate thou honie, because it is good, and the honie combe, which is sweete to thy taste.

14 So shall the knowledge of wisedome be vnto thy soule: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

15 Lay not waite, (O wicked man) against the dwelling of the righteous: spoile not his resting place.

16 For a iust man falleth seuen times, and riseth vp againe: but the wicked shall fall into mischiefe.

17 Reioyce not when thine enemie falleth: and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:

18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and hee turne away his wrath from him.

19 Fret not thy selfe because of euill men; neither be thou enuious at the wicked.

20 For there shall be no reward to the euill man: the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

21 My sonne, feare thou the Lord, and the king: and medle not with them that are giuen to change.

22 For their calamity shall rise suddenly, and who knoweth the ruine of them both?

23 These things also belong to the wise: It is not good to haue respect of persons in iudgement.

24 He that sayth vnto the wicked, Thou art righteous, him shall the people curse; nations shall abhorre him:

25 But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come vpon them.

26 Euery man shall kisse his lippes that giueth a right answere.

27 Prepare thy worke without, and make it fit for thy selfe in the field; and afterwards build thine house.

28 Be not a witnesse against thy neighbour without cause: and deceiue not with thy lippes.

29 Say not, I will doe so to him as he hath done to mee: I will render to the man according to his worke.

30 I went by the field of the slouthfull, and by the vineyard of the man voyd of vnderstanding:

31 And loe, it was all growen ouer with thornes, and nettles had couered the face thereof, and the stone wall therof was broken downe:

32 Then I saw, and considered it well, I looked vpon it, and receiued instruction.

33 Yet a little sleepe, a little slumber, a little folding of the handes to sleepe:

34 So shall thy pouertie come, as one that traueileth, and thy want, as an armed man.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 am
Proverbs
Chapter 25

1 These are also Prouerbes of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah king of Iudah copied out.

2 It is the glory of God to conceale a thing: but the honour of Kings is to search out a matter.

3 The heauen for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of Kings is vnsearchable.

4 Take away the drosse from the siluer, and there shall come foorth a vessell for the finer.

5 Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shalbe established in righteousnes.

6 Put not forth thy selfe in the presence of the king, and stand not in the place of great men.

7 For better it is that it be said vnto thee, Come vp hither; then that thou shouldest be put lower in the presence of the Prince whom thine eies haue seene.

8 Goe not forth hastily to striue, lest thou know not what to doe in the ende thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

9 Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himselfe; and discouer not a secret to another:

10 Lest he that heareth it, put thee to shame, and thine infamie turne not away.

11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of siluer.

12 As an eare-ring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprouer vpon an obedient eare.

13 As the cold of snow in the time of haruest, so is a faithfull messenger to them that send him: for hee refresheth the soule of his masters.

14 Who so boasteth himselfe of a false gift, is like cloudes and winde without raine.

15 By long forbearing is a Prince perswaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone.

16 Hast thou found hony? eate so much as is sufficient for thee: lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.

17 Withdraw thy foote from thy neighbours house: lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee.

18 A man that beareth false witnes against his neighbour, is a maule, and a sword, and a sharpe arrow.

19 Confidence in an vnfaithfull man in time of trouble, is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of ioynt.

20 As hee that taketh away a garment in cold weather; and as vineger vpon nitre; so is he that singeth songs to an heauy heart.

21 If thine enemie be hungry, giue him bread to eate: and if hee be thirstie, giue him water to drinke.

22 For thou shalt heape coales of fire vpon his head, and the Lord shall reward thee.

23 The North winde driueth away raine: so doeth an angrie countenance a backbiting tongue.

24 It is better to dwell in a corner of the house top, then with a brawling woman, and in a wide house.

25 As cold waters to a thirstie soule: so is good newes from a farre countrey.

26 A righteous man falling downe before the wicked, is as a troubled fountaine, aud a corrupt spring.

27 It is not good to eat much hony: so for men to search their owne glory, is not glory.

28 Hee that hath no rule ouer his owne spirit, is like a citie that is broken downe, and without walles.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:43 am
Proverbs
Chapter 26

1 As snow in summer, and as raine in haruest: so honour is not seemely for a foole.

2 As the bird by wandring, as the swallow by flying: so the curse causelesse shall not come.

3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the asse; and a rod for the fooles backe.

4 Answere not a foole according to his folly, lest thou also be like vnto him.

5 Answere a foole according to his folly, lest hee be wise in his owne conceit.

6 He that sendeth a message by the hand of a foole, cutteth off the feete, and drinketh dammage.

7 The legges of the lame are not equall: so is a parable in the mouth of fooles.

8 As hee that bindeth a stone in a sling; so is hee that giueth honour to a foole.

9 As a thorne goeth vp into the hand of a drunkard; so is a parable in the mouth of fooles.

10 The great God that formed all things, both rewardeth the foole, and rewardeth transgressours.

11 As a dogge returneth to his vomite: so a foole returneth to his folly.

12 Seest thou a man wise in his owne conceit? there is more hope of a foole then of him.

13 The slothfull man sayth, There is a lion in the way, a lion is in the streets.

14 As the doore turneth vpon his hinges: so doeth the slothfull vpon his bedde.

15 The slothfull hideth his hand in his bosome, it grieueth him to bring it againe to his mouth.

16 The sluggard is wiser in his owne conceit, then seuen men that can render a reason.

17 He that passeth by, and medleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the eares.

18 As a mad man, who casteth firebrands, arrowes, and death:

19 So is the man that deceiueth his neighbour, & sayth, Am not I in sport?

20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no tale-bearer, the strife ceaseth.

21 As coales are to burning coales, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.

22 The words of a tale-bearer are as woundes, and they goe downe into the innermost parts of the belly.

23 Burning lips, and a wicked heart, are like a potsheard couered with siluer drosse.

24 Hee that hateth, dissembleth with his lips, and layeth vp deceit within him.

25 When he speaketh faire, beleeue him not: for there are seuen abominations in his heart.

26 Whose hatred is couered by deceit, his wickednesse shall be shewed before the whole congregation.

27 Whoso diggeth a pit, shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will returne vpon him.

28 A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it, and a flattering mouth worketh ruine.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:06 pm
Proverbs
Chapter 27

1 Boast not thy selfe of to morrow: for thou knowest not what a day may bring foorth.

2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine owne mouth; a stranger, and not thine owne lips.

3 A stone is heauie, and the sand weightie: but a fooles wrath is heauier then them both.

4 Wrath is cruell, and anger is outragious: but who is able to stand before enuie?

5 Open rebuke is better then secret loue.

6 Faithfull are the woundes of a friend: but the kisses of an enemy are deceitfull.

7 The full soule loatheth an honie combe: but to the hungry soule euery bitter thing is sweete.

8 As a bird that wandreth from her nest: so is a man that wandreth from his place.

9 Oyntment and perfume reioyce the heart: so doeth the sweetnesse of a mans friend by heartie counsell.

10 Thine owne friend and thy fathers friend forsake not; neither goe in to thy brothers house in the day of thy calamitie: for better is a neighbour that is neere, then a brother farre off.

11 My sonne, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answere him that reprocheth me.

12 A prudent man foreseeth the euil, and hideth himselfe: but the simple passe on, and are punished.

13 Take his garment that is surety for a stranger, and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.

14 He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising earely in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him.

15 A continuall dropping in a very rainie day, and a contentious woman, are alike.

16 Whosoeuer hideth her, hideth the wind, and the ointment of his right hand which be wrayeth it selfe.

17 Iron sharpeneth iron: so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

18 Whoso keepeth the figtree, shall eate the fruit therof: so he that waiteth on his master, shall be honoured.

19 As in water face answereth to face: so the heart of man to man.

20 Hell and destruction are neuer full: so the eyes of man are neuer satisfied.

21 As the fining pot for siluer, and the furnace for gold: so is a man to his praise.

22 Though thou shouldest bray a foole in a morter among wheate with a pestell, yet will not his foolishnesse depart from him.

23 Be thou diligent to knowe the state of thy flocks, and looke well to thy herds.

24 For riches are not for euer: and doth the crowne endure to euery generation?

25 The hay appeareth, and the tender grasse sheweth it selfe, and herbes of the mountaines are gathered.

26 The lambes are for thy clothing, and the goates are the price of thy field.

27 And thou shalt haue goats milke enough for thy food, for the food of thy houshold, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:43 am
Proverbs
Chapter 28

1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bolde as a lyon.

2 For the transgression of a land, many are the princes thereof: but by a man of vnderstanding and knowledge the state thereof shall bee prolonged.

3 A poore man that oppresseth the poore, is like a sweeping raine which leaueth no food.

4 They that forsake the law, praise the wicked: but such as keepe the Law, contend with them.

5 Euill men vnderstand not iudgement: but they that seeke the Lord, vnderstand all things.

6 Better is the poore that walketh in his vprightnesse, then he that is peruerse in his wayes, though he be rich.

7 Whoso keepeth the law, is a wise sonne: but he that is a companion of riotous men, shameth his father.

8 He that by vsurie and vniust gaine increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that wil pity the poore.

9 He that turneth away his eare from hearing the law, euen his prayer shalbe abomination.

10 Who so causeth the righteous to goe astray in an euill way, he shall fall himselfe into his owne pit: but the vpright shall haue good things in possession.

11 The rich man is wise in his owne conceit: but the poore that hath vnderstanding searcheth him out.

12 When righteous men do reioyce, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.

13 He that couereth his sinnes, shall not prosper: but who so confesseth and forsaketh them, shall haue mercie.

14 Happy is the man that feareth always: but he that hardeneth his heart, shall fall into mischiefe.

15 As a roaring lyon and a ranging beare: so is a wicked ruler ouer the poore people.

16 The prince that wanteth vnderstanding, is also a great oppressour: but he that hateth couetousnesse, shall prolong his dayes.

17 A man that doth violence to the blood of any person, shall flie to the pit, let no man stay him.

18 Whoso walketh vprightly, shall be saued: but he that is peruerse in his wayes, shall fall at once.

19 He that tilleth his land, shal haue plentie of bread: but he that followeth after vaine persons, shall haue pouerty enough.

20 A faithfull man shall abound with blessings: but hee that maketh haste to be rich, shall not be innocent.

21 To haue respect of persons, is not good: for, for a piece of bread that man will transgresse.

22 He that hasteth to bee rich, hath an euill eye, and considereth not that pouerty shall come vpon him.

23 He that rebuketh a man, afterwards shall find more fauour, then he that flattereth with the tongue.

24 Who so robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, it is no transgression, the same is the companion of a destroyer.

25 He that is of a proud heart, stirreth vp strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord, shalbe made fat.

26 Hee that trusteth in his owne heart, is a foole: but who so walketh wisely, he shall be deliuered.

27 He that giueth vnto the poore, shall not lacke: but he that hideth his eyes, shall haue many a curse.

28 When the wicked rise, men hide themselues: but when they perish, the righteous increase.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 am
Proverbs
Chapter 29

1 He that being often reproued, hardeneth his necke, shal suddenly be destroied, and that without remedy.

2 When the righteous are in authoritie, the people reioyce: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourne.

3 Whoso loueth wisedome, reioyceth his father: but hee that keepeth company with harlots, spendeth his substance.

4 The king by iudgement stablisheth the land: but he that receiueth gifts, ouerthroweth it.

5 A man that flattereth his neighbour, spreadeth a net for his feet.

6 In the transgression of an euill man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and reioyce.

7 The righteous considereth the cause of the poore: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.

8 Scornefull men bring a citie into a snare: but wise men turne away wrath.

9 If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether hee rage or laugh, there is no rest.

10 The bloodthirstie hate the vpright: but the iust seeke his soule.

11 A foole vttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

12 If a ruler hearken to lies, all his seruants are wicked.

13 The poore and the deceitful man meet together: the Lord lightneth both their eyes.

14 The King that faithfully iudgeth the poore, his throne shall be established for euer.

15 The rod and reproofe giue wisedome: but a child left to himselfe bringeth his mother to shame.

16 When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increaseth: but the righteous shall see their fall.

17 Correct thy sonne, and hee shall giue thee rest: yea he shall giue delight vnto thy soule.

18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the Law, happy is he.

19 A seruant will not be corrected by words: for though hee vnderstand, hee will not answere.

20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a foole then of him.

21 He that delicately bringeth vp his seruant from a child, shall haue him become his sonne at the length.

22 An angry man stirreth vp strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.

23 A mans pride shall bring him lowe: but honour shall vpholde the humble in spirit.

24 Who so is partner with a thiefe, hateth his owne soule: hee heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not.

25 The feare of man bringeth a snare: but who so putteth his trust in the Lord, shall be safe.

26 Many seeke the rulers fauour, but euery mans iudgement commeth from the Lord.

27 An vniust man is an abomination to the iust: and he that is vpright in the way, is abomination to the wicked.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:14 am
Proverbs
Chapter 30

1 The words of Agur the sonne of Iakeh, euen the prophecy: The man spake vnto Ithiel, euen vnto Ithiel and Ucal.

2 Surely I am more brutish then any man, and haue not the vnderstanding of a man.

3 I neither learned wisedome, nor haue the knowledge of the holy.

4 Who hath ascended vp into heauen, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his sonnes name, if thou canst tell?

5 Euery word of God is pure: he is a shield vnto them that put their trust in him.

6 Adde thou not vnto his words, lest he reproue thee, and thou be found a lyar.

7 Two things haue I required of thee, deny me them not before I die.

8 Remoue farre from mee vanity, and lyes; giue me neither pouerty, nor riches, feede me with food conuenient for me.

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poore, and steale, and take the name of my God in vaine.

10 Accuse not a seruant vnto his master; lest he curse thee, and thou be found guilty.

11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not blesse their mother.

12 There is a generation that are pure in their owne eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthinesse.

13 There is a generation, O howe lofty are their eyes! and their eye-lids are lifted vp.

14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their iaw-teeth as kniues, to deuoure the poore from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

15 The horse-leach hath two daughters, crying, Giue, giue. There are three things that are neuer satisfied, yea foure things say not, It is enough:

16 The graue; and the barren wombe; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

17 The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother; the rauens of the valley shall picke it out, and the young Eagles shall eate it.

18 There be three things which are too wonderfull for me; yea foure, which I know not:

19 The way of an Eagle in the ayre; the way of a serpent vpon a rocke; the the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman: she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I haue done no wickednesse.

21 For three things the earth is disquieted, and for foure which it cannot beare:

22 For a seruant when he reigneth, and a foole when hee is filled with meate:

23 For an odious woman when shee is married, and an handmayd that is heire to her mistresse.

24 There be foure things which are little vpon the earth; but they are exceeding wise:

25 The Ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meate in the summer.

26 The conies are but a feeble folke, yet make they their houses in the rocks

27 The locustes haue no king, yet goe they forth all of them by bands.

28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings palaces.

29 There be three things which goe well, yea foure are comely in going:

30 A lyon which is strongest among beastes, and turneth not away for any:

31 A gray-hound; an hee-goate also; and a king, against whom there is no rising vp.

32 If thou hast done foolishly in lifting vp thy selfe, or if thou hast thought euill, lay thine hand vpon thy mouth.

33 Surely the churning of milke bringeth forth butter; and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:32 am
Proverbs
Chapter 31

1 The wordes of King Lemuel, the prophecie that his mother taught him.

2 What, my sonne! and what, the sonne of my wombe! and what, the sonne of my vowes!

3 Giue not thy strength vnto women, nor thy wayes to that which destroyeth kings.

4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drinke wine, nor for Princes, strong drinke:

5 Lest they drinke, and forget the Law, and peruert the iudgement of any of the afflicted.

6 Giue strong drinke vnto him that is ready to perish, and wine vnto those that be of heauie hearts.

7 Let him drinke, and forget his pouertie, and remember his misery no more.

8 Open thy mouth for the dumbe in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.

9 Open thy mouth, iudge righteously, and plead the cause of the poore and needy.

10 ¶ Who can finde a vertuous woman? for her price is farre aboue Rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doeth safely trust in her, so that he shall haue no need of spoile.

12 She will doe him good, and not euill, all the dayes of her life.

13 She seeketh wooll and flaxe, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants ships, she bringeth her food from afarre.

15 Shee riseth also while it is yet night, and giueth meate to her household, and a portion to her maydens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her handes she planteth a Uineyard.

17 She girdeth her loynes with strength, and strengtheneth her armes.

18 She perceiueth that her merchandise is good; her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her handes to the spindle, and her handes hold the distaffe.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poore, yea she reacheth foorth her handes to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her houshold: for all her houshold are cloathed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herselfe couerings of tapestrie; her cloathing is silke and purple.

23 Her husband is knowen in the gates, when he sitteth among the Elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linnen, and selleth it, and deliuereth girdles vnto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her cloathing; and she shall reioyce in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisedome; and in her tongue is the law of kindnesse.

27 She looketh well to the wayes of her housholde, and eateth not the bread of idlenesse.

28 Her children arise vp, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters haue done vertuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Fauour is deceitfull, and beautie is vaine: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shalbe praised.

31 Giue her of the fruit of her hands, and let her owne workes praise her in the gates.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 am
Ecclesiastes
Chapter 1

1 The wordes of the Preacher, the son of Dauid, King in Ierusalem.

2 Uanitie of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanitie of vanities, all is vanitie.

3 What profite hath a man of all his labour which hee taketh vnder the Sunne?

4 One generation passeth away, and another generation commeth: but the earth abideth for euer.

5 The Sunne also ariseth, and the Sunne goeth downe, and hasteth to the place where he arose.

6 The winde goeth toward the South, and turneth about vnto the North; it whirleth about continually, and the winde returneth againe according to his circuits.

7 All the riuers runne into the sea, yet the Sea is not full: vnto the place from whence the riuers come, thither they returne againe.

8 All things are full of labour, man cannot vtter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the eare filled with hearing.

9 The thing that hath beene, it is that which shall be: and that which is done, is that which shall be done; and there is no new thing vnder the sunne.

10 Is there any thing, whereof it may be sayd, See, this is new? it hath beene already of olde time, which was before vs.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there bee any remembrance of things that are to come, with those that shall come after.

12 ¶ I the Preacher was king ouer Israel in Ierusalem.

13 And I gaue my heart to seeke and search out by wisedome, concerning all things that are done vnder heauen: this sore trauell hath God giuen to the sonnes of man, to be exercised therewith.

14 I haue seene all the workes that are done vnder the Sunne, and behold, all is vanitie, and vexation of spirit.

15 That which is crooked, cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbred.

16 I communed with mine owne heart, saying, Loe, I am come to great estate, and haue gotten more wisedome then all they that haue beene before me in Ierusalem: yea my heart had great experience of wisedome & knowledge.

17 And I gaue my heart to know wisedome, and to know madnesse and folly: I perceiued that this also is vexation of spirit.

18 For in much wisedome is much griefe: and hee that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games