Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:39 pm
Guys, real fast, on the topic of Generic storyline, please tell me nowadays how many truly original stories there are out there. Last time I checked, damn near every game coming out has a generic storyline. The storyline shouldn't matter a how lot, it should be based on more of how they deliver it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:49 pm
Elliot Salem
Guys, real fast, on the topic of Generic storyline, please tell me nowadays how many truly original stories there are out there. Last time I checked, damn near every game coming out has a generic storyline. The storyline shouldn't matter a how lot, it should be based on more of how they deliver it.

There are games you play, where the storyline supplements gameplay. Like, with fighting games, there's a storyline, but it's not essential, because it's the fighting and the characters that you play for.
But in RPGs, the Storyline is the most important aspect. That's the difference. Frankly, if it wasn't for the story, I'd see no point to play ANY Final Fantasy game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:41 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Elliot Salem

There are games you play, where the storyline supplements gameplay. Like, with fighting games, there's a storyline, but it's not essential, because it's the fighting and the characters that you play for.
But in RPGs, the Storyline is the most important aspect. That's the difference. Frankly, if it wasn't for the story, I'd see no point to play ANY Final Fantasy game.

I play most RPGs nowadays to see what kind of creative monsters they have.
But why play a game for the story, if it's basically the same, with a few minor differences here or there?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:19 pm
Elliot Salem
But why play a game for the story, if it's basically the same, with a few minor differences here or there?

What game are you referring to?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:05 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Elliot Salem

What game are you referring to?

Last RPG I played, which was Lost Odyssey. Basically the same as every other RPG, with some minor differences. And a few new gameplay things.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:19 pm
Lost Odyssey is a fairly new game. And in that respect, yes, lately, all RPGs have the same generic storyline. But then again, I haven't played any new RPG since Shadow Hearts 2 (which was awesome). But that was back in 2004.

Today, RPGs have become as generic as pop music. And I don't play them. But back when games like FF7 and FF8 were out, RPG storylines had plenty of uniqueness.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:12 pm
That was also because the genre had moved into the 3d era, which added cutscenes, which meant you didn't have to read what was going on all the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm
Elliot Salem
That was also because the genre had moved into the 3d era, which added cutscenes, which meant you didn't have to read what was going on all the time.
Which I don't consider a good thing.
Frankly, I thought RPGs were better when you DID have to read. How ******** lazy are people these days that they can't read a bit of dialogue here and there?
Point is, the RPG genre is not what it once was, and what it has become, I don't care for.
Same thing is happening to the Horror genre.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:22 pm
getting off topic for a sec here is something tahts about one of the best RPGs ever(no its none of the Final Fantasies) http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/art/How-to-play-Skies-of-Arcadia-70712863

back on topic...............we need zombies back.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:32 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Elliot Salem
Which I don't consider a good thing.
Frankly, I thought RPGs were better when you DID have to read. How ******** lazy are people these days that they can't read a bit of dialogue here and there?
Point is, the RPG genre is not what it once was, and what it has become, I don't care for.
Same thing is happening to the Horror genre.

It was a good thing, in a sense. Remember, not everyone can read. It opened up for younger audiences, which was both good and bad.
Bio, open your eyes and look around. No genre is what it used to be. I miss the original FPS' you know, DOOM. Or the ones where you had to LOOK for health, not hide like a baby for a few seconds.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:39 pm
Elliot Salem
It was a good thing, in a sense. Remember, not everyone can read. It opened up for younger audiences, which was both good and bad.
Bio, open your eyes and look around. No genre is what it used to be. I miss the original FPS' you know, DOOM. Or the ones where you had to LOOK for health, not hide like a baby for a few seconds.

Well, all the more reason why it should be all text. It's pretty pathetic to see kids in third grade who can't read. North American education system is crap. But you'd think in Japan, they'd encourage reading. Besides, Final Fantasy games are usually rated T, meaning they're intended for ages 13 and up. If you can't read at that age, then you probably shouldn't be playing 80 hour video games, but instead, take some classes to help you learn how to read.

And it's a pretty ******** sad statement. What the game industry has become. Does it mean we should just 'settle'?

Bottom line is, there was only one reason I played Final Fantasy back when it was still good: Storyline.
Not only has the storyline become generic in every game, but the gameplay mechanics too. No more turn based battle, where you could actually use strategy, now it's hack and slash, equivalent of WoW. Which, I think, is a step down, just to appease those people who have too little of an attention span to actually bother with strategy.

So I have absolutely no reason to play Final Fantasy anymore, not the gameplay, not the storyline.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:47 am
I really hope there is another industry crash. We seriously need one. sweatdrop  

MadamTarantula

Pughy89666

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:14 am
I have a love/hate relationship with RE4.

It was a great game indeed, but not a great Resident Evil game. The change was way too drastic.

Bad story too, hardly any references to previous RE titles. If it wasn't for Leon, Ada and Wesker i'd of been lost.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 am
Pughy89666

It was a great game indeed, but not a great Resident Evil game. The change was way too drastic.

Bad story too, hardly any references to previous RE titles. If it wasn't for Leon, Ada and Wesker i'd of been lost.

But... Leon was portrayed so terribly in it. =/  

Biohazard EXTREME

Pughy89666

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:12 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Pughy89666

But... Leon was portrayed so terribly in it. =/

Yeah...I didn't mind the RE4 Leon but he wasn't abit the RE2 Leon. He went from "cool guy" to "tough guy". Also the new voice actor sounded nothing like the old one, even if you hadn't played RE2 in a while you could already tell it wasn't the same guy.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff