Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

The Chosen One of Death

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:46 pm
The Resident evil Story is actually rather fragile. Put one stupid idea like Las Plagas in and Resident evil will die. Lucky for us i belive las plagas is dead  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:34 pm
Herpes.  

Michael Jetfire

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:27 am
The first thing that came to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ODZCWsDhI&feature=related xd

But yeah... having post-RE4 Leon be the star of another game. That'll just be salt in the wound after RE4...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 am
kiujazi
Making Wesker look like a pansy in the Movies.....oh wait they already did.

Sorry dislike the movies, and the way they portrayed Albert did not help at all.
Making.... Umm... In movies? Did you play Umbrella Chronicles by any chance? If you haven't then I envy you. Because there's no way to make Wesker more of a pansy than he was in that game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Baroque_murder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:25 am
Biohazard EXTREME
kiujazi
Making Wesker look like a pansy in the Movies.....oh wait they already did.

Sorry dislike the movies, and the way they portrayed Albert did not help at all.
Making.... Umm... In movies? Did you play Umbrella Chronicles by any chance? If you haven't then I envy you. Because there's no way to make Wesker more of a pansy than he was in that game.

Jeez, Quite unfortunate that I did play UC. But my love for rail-shooters overcame that. I thought the game was fun, and I enjoyed how it revealed what Wesker did in the background. I love the RE storyline for some reason.

And I cannot wait till The Darkside chronicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5l_fhYXfpk

That is a link to a Resident Evil spoof I found incredibly hilarious.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:29 am
Yeah, Umbrella Chronicles was the most fun when you mute it and take out the subtitles. And skip over the cinematics.
I'm not even gonna bother watching the trailers for Darkside Chronicles, let alone bother playing the game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Baroque_murder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:22 am
As I have said in an earlier post. Capcom should go back to square one with Resident Evil. Stay away from the worms and junk (I don't care if I use correct terminology.) and go back to the zombies. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE ZOMBIES!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:50 pm
kiujazi
As I have said in an earlier post. Capcom should go back to square one with Resident Evil. Stay away from the worms and junk (I don't care if I use correct terminology.) and go back to the zombies. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE ZOMBIES!
Yeah, but RE was more than just about gameplay. So even if they do go back to what was good about the franchise, the damage to the storyline is already done.
Unless they reboot the series which... Wasn't there talks of them doing something like that? Let's hope the next major RE game (I'm not counting Darkside Chronicles or RE Portable here) actually looks and plays and has a brand new storyline like it's Resident Evil, not Gears of War.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Baroque_murder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:25 pm
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a new story. I just hope that if they do create a new storyline, they won't mess it up again.

Though they did try to make a different style of Resident Evil, but that became Devil May Cry.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:25 am
But knowing Capcom, even if they reboot the whole series, they'll just make it an action packed Gears of War style shooter like RE5. Now, if I wanted a Gears of War style shooter, you know what I'd play? Gears of War! I want a survival horror game about zombies and biological viruses. And heck, you can say, "But Bio! There's Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead", but... Again, it's all action. What I loved about the Resident Evil games is that playing them was like playing a movie, with strategically placed cameras, and story arcs that were actually there.
And that's what bothers me the most. Yes, there have been other horror games since RE. But not about Zombies and biological weapons created by a big 'friendly company'. In that respect, Resident Evil was one of a kind. And Capcom decided to make it just another generic shooter. And if that wasn't enough, they turned the storyline into a flamboyant fantasy game. Again, Genericville. So, if I want a shoot em up, I think I'd much rather play Fallout 3 or somesuch. If I want a dramatic fantasy storyline, I'll play like, Heavenly Sword. But I want a horror game with quiet stillness about it, that has cunning strategizing villains (like Nicholai) rather than big dramatic "I'm gonna take over the world!" villains like they turned Wesker into. Remember those good ol' days of RE1/Remake, when Wesker was actually cool? I miss those days.
But going back to the camera angles and the gameplay. People say, "But I like the new gameplay, what's wrong with it?" And this just occured to me. The atmosphere. If you have static camera angles... I mean, think back to RE3. Half of it happens outdoors, and even then, there's this quiet stillness about it. That's what gave Resident Evil its creepy factor in the past. Now, is it possible to have a creepy game without static camera angles? Yes, Silent Hill has proved it. But you know what? It's an art. And if you're good at it, great! But Capcom, although popularized the Survival Horror genre, quickly fell to second, third, and down as far as the scare factor goes. RE games were not THAT scary, in comparison to Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Fatal Frame etc. So they had to make the most of it with what they had. Then they get rid of the three things that made RE scary in the first place. And what do we got? Well like I said. Another generic shooter.[/rant]  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:05 am
What coulod ruin RE? I'm sorry I dont' think the thread should be legal anymore, Resident Evil is already ruined.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:57 am
I don't think Resident Evil could be ruined. I hope that nothing bad happens to the series. The only thing I can think that could ruin it would be:

In games:

All of the main characters:Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon, etc were all to die. Then they would replace them with new characters when everyone is so used to seeing the original cast.

In the movies:

I really don't know.  

Lt Archangel

Baroque_murder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:30 am
Biohazard EXTREME
But knowing Capcom, even if they reboot the whole series, they'll just make it an action packed Gears of War style shooter like RE5. Now, if I wanted a Gears of War style shooter, you know what I'd play? Gears of War! I want a survival horror game about zombies and biological viruses. And heck, you can say, "But Bio! There's Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead", but... Again, it's all action. What I loved about the Resident Evil games is that playing them was like playing a movie, with strategically placed cameras, and story arcs that were actually there.
And that's what bothers me the most. Yes, there have been other horror games since RE. But not about Zombies and biological weapons created by a big 'friendly company'. In that respect, Resident Evil was one of a kind. And Capcom decided to make it just another generic shooter. And if that wasn't enough, they turned the storyline into a flamboyant fantasy game. Again, Genericville. So, if I want a shoot em up, I think I'd much rather play Fallout 3 or somesuch. If I want a dramatic fantasy storyline, I'll play like, Heavenly Sword. But I want a horror game with quiet stillness about it, that has cunning strategizing villains (like Nicholai) rather than big dramatic "I'm gonna take over the world!" villains like they turned Wesker into. Remember those good ol' days of RE1/Remake, when Wesker was actually cool? I miss those days.
But going back to the camera angles and the gameplay. People say, "But I like the new gameplay, what's wrong with it?" And this just occured to me. The atmosphere. If you have static camera angles... I mean, think back to RE3. Half of it happens outdoors, and even then, there's this quiet stillness about it. That's what gave Resident Evil its creepy factor in the past. Now, is it possible to have a creepy game without static camera angles? Yes, Silent Hill has proved it. But you know what? It's an art. And if you're good at it, great! But Capcom, although popularized the Survival Horror genre, quickly fell to second, third, and down as far as the scare factor goes. RE games were not THAT scary, in comparison to Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Fatal Frame etc. So they had to make the most of it with what they had. Then they get rid of the three things that made RE scary in the first place. And what do we got? Well like I said. Another generic shooter.[/rant]

You sir are my hero.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:49 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
But going back to the camera angles and the gameplay. People say, "But I like the new gameplay, what's wrong with it?" And this just occured to me. The atmosphere. If you have static camera angles... I mean, think back to RE3. Half of it happens outdoors, and even then, there's this quiet stillness about it. That's what gave Resident Evil its creepy factor in the past. Now, is it possible to have a creepy game without static camera angles? Yes, Silent Hill has proved it. But you know what? It's an art. And if you're good at it, great!

Now, don't get me wrong, Bio. You know I love static camera angles more than anything, but if they were to remake RE3, I'd want static camera angles... but seeing the popularity of the RE4/5 camera (I won't say action-oriented for reasons described below), I can tell that they would remake it with RE4's camera. Now, remember, RE3 is definitely the most action-oriented of the original three, so someone from The Horror is Alive said it best:

valentinesdead?
Though, I think I'm going to have to disagree with everyone, and say that Resident Evil 3 has the most potential for a great, kick-a** remake. But when I say remake, I really mean remake. I know I'm going to step on some toes here, but Re3 is the numero uno canidate to be fused with the RE4/RE5 camerea system and gameplay style. RE2, and to a lesser extent, RECVX, work with the old RE style where its hard to break the gameplay and story apart from each other, without jumbling canon or whatnot. However, a game/remake of RE3 could actually do the idea of resident evil 3, real justice. You, Jill valentine, actually trapped in a huge, open world(to a certain extent of course) city infested with zombies and monsters all clogging the main roads, and you, must escape. However, to borrow a page from left 4 dead, the worst of it is you are being tracked by a real-time AI of Nemesis at ALL times. So the more noise you make or zombies you shoot, the more you risk old nemmy breaking through a wall to smash and pound you, excluding the few necessary and scritped appearences needed, this in itslef could be really nerveracking to play, as you'll never know when he'll show his big ugly mug to compund the other obstacles in your way(this could be applied to a lesser extend to the game itself). I can't help to also think there would be no loading, like Silent Hill shattered memories, to help with the immersion(or the reset of any enemies). That kind of game would make for a great mix of action, tension, and of course survival.

I mean, you go out unto the streets, you'll be mauled by mobs upon mobs of zombies, so you have to navigate alleyways and rooftops or whatever, like the actual RE3 forces you too, but that's always one of the things about primitive playstation hardware couldn't do. You don't really feel like your in a city, or actually able to witness the chaos of the devastated city, besides a few secluded areas(and rightly so since its was the friggin playstation).

The idea of a... semi-open world Raccoon City would really give you a sense of hopelessness with all the destruction, unlike being in the few streets and alleys (and the gas station razz ). Also, the idea of a real-time Nemesis could really get your pulse pounding, especially with worrying if you're being too loud or not.

The reason I think RE3 could work with the RE4/5 camera system is, as it is the most action-oriented game in the original trilogy, and the remake being the way this person said it, you'd have a camera where say, you hear a wall crashing open behind you and you know it's Nemesis, so you starting running like hell down an alleyway nearby only to find yourself face-to-face with a s**t-ton of zombies clogging it. Turn around, Nemesis is right there. Screwed is you.

Now, I said camera, not gameplay... Probably a bad word to use, but here's what I mean: RE4/5's camera, old-school RE's amounts of ammo/health. And for headshots, zombies shuffle and move around a lot, so that'd be damn hard, especially in the numbers you'd encounter. Really give you a sense of dread, instead of the few zombies you encounter in the streets, you feel like half the population is after you. Good luck with those 15 handgun bullets and 6 shotgun shells. Granted, I rarely found myself without ammo in RE3, if ever, but it'd be nice to have a shortage.

Also, let's be honest, the story of RE3 isn't the strongest, and like he said... aside from a few events, there isn't a ton of story development in the game, so remaking Raccoon City like that wouldn't ******** up any canon. You wouldn't even have to change the map of the city, just open it up more.

So, in closing... Would I want static camera angles? Naturally, that's a given. But the way they described it, there's no reason they couldn't take the camera angle they created for 4 and turn it into something actually scary (for once).

Either that, or that could be Outbreak File #3. Minus Nemesis, but adding something like the Axeman or some Tyrant or something. And of course, online play. razz Not saying that it should have online play if it's RE3 (keep it single-player please), but if it's Outbreak then it would be a must.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Sage J Crimson

5,575 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:10 pm
The only thing I can think of what would ruin the series if they took all the elements from the games and movies and made it a television series staring Christian Slater (sp?) and some blonde chick from the Juno movie.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games