Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slimy Hats

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:45 pm
Name: Sarah (for my sanity and yours please do not call me Slimy. It's sick x_X)
Hobbies/Interests: Nothing, fool =P (okay, I like anime and manga)
Other(?): I went to a Catholic school for 7 years, and it's a miracle I didn't commit suicide.
I'm atheist for a couple reasons: I like living life by my own rules and moral standards, I don't want to be friends with the Magic Man in the Sky and his Zombie Jew son, the Bible and Christians in general are self-contradictory, and a few more reasons I don't feel like typing =D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:28 pm
Hi, I'm Lyo, and I am new. So, yes. There really isn't much more to say than that.  

lyodpdl

Kurai Keiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:59 pm
Hi, I'm Kurai Keiro.

Religion Thus Far: Nonreligious atheist
Reasoning: Grew up and learned science. My family is non-religious, thank goodness... So basically, I was raised non-religious, my parents decided to send me to a Catholic school for two years, and when I got into middle school, religion sort of drifted away. I live in a very religious place though; sucks for me...
Status: Proclaimed Atheist since the 7th grade... =o The religious people bother sometimes, but then everyone forgets and it blends in the background...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:29 pm
Um...Hi! My name here is Nyxelestia, but people can call me Nyxie if they want! (rhymes with pixie).

Favorite Color: the color of the night sky - black

Favorite Animal: Wolf

Favorite Drink: Coke

Favorite Food: Tom Yum Soup

I'm a self-proclaimed sociopath and in general a bit crazy. Even though my family's religions are all over the place, I never really had faith, so I guess I never lost it, either.  

Nyxelestia

Kurro_chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:49 pm
Hello. This one calls herself Kurro. She was a former Presbyterian. She is an atheist. She's new to the guild and likes debating with theists. She likes red. And anime. And books. And her dog. And that's just about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:29 am
Greetings Brothers & Sisters,

I hail from the Southern United States, an area neck deep in the fundamentalist’s muck. I’ve traveled, and have lived on each coast, but the South is where my family and friends are…so for a time I will not take advice of faith-heads to ‘get out.’ I also believe that brain-drain will do no justice to the South.

Several brain dysfunctions, including dyslexia, put me in the slow classes (those nearest the boiler rooms) and I didn’t learn to read and write until high school. I went from special ed’ to beta club, and after graduation I tackled University and Marine Corps. I’m also Master of a wide field of martial arts.

This day finds me as a teacher of history, and a practicing pacifist…I practice because none are perfect. My Girl is working on her Masters in early education, and she handles all the money and bills. The reason is, aside from my being financially retarded, women are a far superior to men in all ways but brute strength; and if muscle is a virtue, then the ox outranks us all. In my experiences in the military and martial arts, I have come to realize that women are the dominate sex, mentally, biologically, and combative, and should run the world. Women are the most dangerous and balanced creatures on earth, so I tip my hat....er...umm...my newspaper afro, that is...

Anyway, this is a short blurb that tells a good bit about me. Thank you all for the welcome and advice, both in this room and in the general forum.

Sinisterly,
Greenmagi
Green = not quite ripe
Magi = wiseman
Green Magi = not quite ripe wiseman
GreenMagi = I realize I am a fool, daily  

GreenMagi

GreenMagi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:33 am
Oh yeah...And I hate all the evils produced by Organized Religion, and wish to see it annihilated from all cultures of the Earth, replaced with a wonder of Science and a Morality that embraces Global Humanity…

And...this is the 666th post in this thread... twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:48 pm
Alias: Alberic of Krufton aka Al aka Krufty

Religious Background: Supposed to be raised Catholic? I went to some catholic school for preschool and kindergarten, but then just went to public school after that. Went to church a few times early on, but never understood any of it, and eventually we stopped going at all. Parents weren't particularly religious, I guess.

General: I'm a right-wing/social moderate atheist, haha. Never got the religion thing, but I'm a little more open to paranormal happenings. Somewhat of a misanthrope, borderline nihilist, anarch-capitalist, introvert. I guess I'm an artist/writer, and supposedly rather intelligent, but my low self-esteem makes me constantly question why other people think so highly of me. At least I realize that, hm? I gots me a few issues that I'm trying to work out.

*Dammit, I could've snared the 666th post here.  

Alberic of Krufton

Nuclear Werewolf

kanpach_zaraki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:00 pm
Name: Conor L. McCarthy

Religous background: christianity was forced on me for the most part. I never liked to follow the mainstream so i questioned the thought of god. And decided that with no hard evidence those priests were full of bull. If my entire christian/catholic family doesnt believe in adam and eve I sure as hell wont believe in god.

General: Im artstic but I never want to be like my cousin named Ian, he went to art school only to find out he wanted to be an art critic. I think cheney the devil and bush is a retard, And i HATE following trends/the mainstream.

ETC: i love avenged sevenfold and rise against.

City/state. portsmouth, NH  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:22 pm
Deus Vivit
Background: Was a Christian for a while became a atheist now not to sure what to believe.
General: Usually not on Gaia but doing actual things in the Real World. Very artistic and a good writer.
Other: I am mainly here to gather research for a English paper 20 pages long.

LabTech Deusy

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Person-1.0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:11 pm
Hello,
I am Person-1.0 (Or Lothar)

For the longest time I was taken to Church, up untill two years ago. My mother told me to think for my self so I researched Christianity, thought it was a load of crap, the Christians I knew couldn't even describe their own religion and hated everything they thought was different, so I thought it was more of a cult than a religion. So I gave it up.

I like videogames, don't care about fashion and I am politically minded, and I collect all kinds of money.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:44 pm
Name:Amelia, but you can call me Gummi
Religion: None ^^
Favorite quote:Calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a color
Favorite color: Lime green, tiffany blue, and orange. Blorange being my favorit-est.
Favorite manga:Guru-guru pon-chan and BLEACH
Favorite anime:BLEACH
Favorite band:Moby play and the killers
Favorite song (currently):Imogen heap
Etc:Used to be christian, since I thought that was the only religion. Other than being jewish anyway. Converted in early 7th grade. Currently in my first year of Highschool.
I'm very happy to be in this guild biggrin  

Doctor Salt

Xx_Penquin_xX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:44 pm
Hello all and welcome!
I have a new pic of me. =3
My other was deleted. SORRY FOR THE UGLINESS. xD
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:47 pm
User ImageWe sure get some interesting user names. *Welcomes all the newbies.*

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:02 pm
Heh, nice specs. n_n  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games