Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:03 am
Pughy89666
Biohazard EXTREME
Pughy89666
I have a love/hate relationship with RE4.

It was a great game indeed, but not a great Resident Evil game. The change was way too drastic.

Bad story too, hardly any references to previous RE titles. If it wasn't for Leon, Ada and Wesker i'd of been lost.

But... Leon was portrayed so terribly in it. =/

Yeah...I didn't mind the RE4 Leon but he wasn't abit the RE2 Leon. He went from "cool guy" to "tough guy". Also the new voice actor sounded nothing like the old one, even if you hadn't played RE2 in a while you could already tell it wasn't the same guy.

In RE2, Leon was a very admirable person. He really didn't have to go to his job because of all the destruction happening. He could have just ran away, but he went anyway and still did his job: protecting people. Even when getting hurt, he still does his best to protect those around him. It would take anyone a lot of balls to do such a thing in that kind of situation.

In RE4, he was a whole different person. He seemed to be only in it for money, not for the sake of others lives. cry  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:31 am
In the original, he got shot, and he got hurt, and it all underlined him as a vulnerable human being. Which was what I loved about Resident Evil, is that they were all just human beings, surviving the closest of odds.

But in RE4, they portray him as this big hero who's not afraid of anything and will avoid danger ever so easily. It's an M-Rated game, but Leon's personality in that game sounds like it would appeal more to 7 year old boys who like to play with guns, and pretend like they're invincible.
"I shot you!"
"I did a backflip!"
"That doesn't count!"
"Yes it does!"

There's a conversation between Leon and Krauser, right there.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:50 pm
Yeah, Final Fantasy kinda died after X. Except I still bought X-2 'cause I'm a sucker for ATB. Plus I enjoyed the sphere grid-ified job placement system. The story was kinda nonexistent (basically hunting for spheres and trying to learn about Tidus after he disappeared), but I managed. razz

And yeah.

When I was playing RE4, this is what I saw:
"Saddler uses Wrap! Miss!"
"Leon uses Eye Gouge! 1500 damage!"
"Use this! *tosses Rocket Launcher*"
"Saddler uses stomp! 10 damage!"
"Leon uses Matra Magic (FFVII joke biggrin )! 16546874057453727 damage, overkill!"

Yay for RE RPGs! ...REPGs. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:17 pm
Aww, here I would've used like... "Leon used Hyper Beam. It's super effective!"  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:11 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
In the original, he got shot, and he got hurt, and it all underlined him as a vulnerable human being. Which was what I loved about Resident Evil, is that they were all just human beings, surviving the closest of odds.

But in RE4, they portray him as this big hero who's not afraid of anything and will avoid danger ever so easily. It's an M-Rated game, but Leon's personality in that game sounds like it would appeal more to 7 year old boys who like to play with guns, and pretend like they're invincible.
"I shot you!"
"I did a backflip!"
"That doesn't count!"
"Yes it does!"

There's a conversation between Leon and Krauser, right there.

RE4 Leon tries to be Duke Nukem (Spoiler)and sucks at it. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:04 pm
Yeah, well, Duke Nukem has muscles, and he pays women to take off their tops. Leon, on the other hand, tried to strangle Ada and turned Ashley down.

He said about Ada, "She's like a part of me I can't let go." Yup, inside every pretty boy is a woman.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:35 pm
Just jumping in to call Leon a she-man. And to steal the 666th post. Yikes... crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:38 pm
Devil Child.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:15 am
Canas Renvall
Yeah, Final Fantasy kinda died after X. Except I still bought X-2 'cause I'm a sucker for ATB. Plus I enjoyed the sphere grid-ified job placement system. The story was kinda nonexistent (basically hunting for spheres and trying to learn about Tidus after he disappeared), but I managed. razz

And yeah.

When I was playing RE4, this is what I saw:
"Saddler uses Wrap! Miss!"
"Leon uses Eye Gouge! 1500 damage!"
"Use this! *tosses Rocket Launcher*"
"Saddler uses stomp! 10 damage!"
"Leon uses Matra Magic (FFVII joke biggrin )! 16546874057453727 damage, overkill!"

Yay for RE RPGs! ...REPGs. rolleyes

I looooooove Matra Magic. Hahaha... man, that always made me laugh.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:01 pm
I dont remember if ive written on how i feel about Resident Evil 4 but i agree it wasn't like the rest. Sure the graphics were better but it was way easyer than the rest. They point you were to go. The old games make you think of your next move and to solve riddles.Resident Evil 3 had you making your own gun powder. I don't remember any references to the rest of the games just the prologe. But yea the old ones are better in my opinion.  

Shy_Music_Angel

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:32 pm
I'm sure you'll feel very comfortable here, as almost the entire guild agrees with you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:09 pm
Canas Renvall
I'm sure you'll feel very comfortable here, as almost the entire guild agrees with you. 3nodding

Some of us, more aggressively than others.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:35 pm
i need to make a comic bout RE4  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:22 am
Be sure to post it in the Fan art thread smile  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

taylortenacity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:09 am
i strongly dislike where the story line went in resident evil when 4 came out
ya, sure it was new and interesting, but the game could have been developed much better than it was
like bio said, saddler becoming that big in a matter of seconds was so stupid
it could have been much better such as resident evil 2. Birkin slowly becomes who he is at the end, he doesn't randomly s**t out a big monster.
but the game play was fun and i hope resident evil 5 will bring resident evil back on its feet  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff