Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Library of Fandom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:17 pm
Esteban stood in silence as the elevator doors shut and the trio began their climb upward. Standing in the back had its perks. It allowed him to look at the others and ponder them without the claim of staring and it also allowed him to prepare for the worst case scenario. He himself was growing uneasy around his two compatriots and wished he could have done things on his own. "I'm going to regret asking for permission," he thought silently to himself as the elevator neared the 50th floor.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:02 am
It wasn't long before Rowen was leaning with his back against one of the walls, drumming his finger-tips against the polished mahogany pannels, his butt resting on the brass rail that ran along the inside of the car at arm level. Hist toes were barely touching the ground-- just enough to keep him balanced.

He had taking to studieing individual features in the car, starting with the wall pannels across the car from him. As his eyes shifted around, they landed once on Esteban. He gave the man a bright, friendly smile, then let his eyes drift some more. At one point he seemed to be committing Die's tail-rings to memory. But who knew.

It was hard to know what was going on in that brain of his. Even he claimed not to know what he was thinking 42% of the time, but he could have been exaggerating.

Rowen McNeill

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:12 pm
Deep within the libraries many book sat the withered figure of a man, garbed in ancient finery, it seemed posed as though pouring over a great many books of subjects to numerous to count. However, it was readily apparent that said figure had died long ago, its flesh dessicated and mummified. The figure sat motionless, and had been for some time, judging by the dust that had settled in on it.

The rest of the room, lay still as well, as if in respect for the figures repose. Not even dust fell on the countless shelves. There was however, the faintest sound of something snoring.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:35 pm
In one corner of the elevator lay a discarded cloak. It appaeared to be perfectly folded. If they were to strain their ears they might hear it snoring.  

Blight_of_Luca

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 pm
With a "DING," the elevator shuffled to a slow stop and the doors opened to the grand, 100th Floor. Esteban, surveyed the room with his eyes and used his senses to feel around the room for any signs of hostility or anything unusual. Sensing nothing of threat, he stepped out into the room. "We must be fast if we are to observe every floor in a timely manner," he said, not bothering to turn around to his compatriots.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:04 pm
Die was staring at her feet when the elevator dinged open. She watched Esteban stride out and wondered how he could be so blithe. She nudged Rowen with an elbow and indicated the cloth on the floor, then stepped to the door and held the 'door open' button so she could keep an eye on Esteban and the 100th floor. It was easier than she expected: wide windows filled the room with light, unobstructed by tall shelves as the room itself was full of desks with little lamps on them.
She also kept an eye on Rowen, in case he needed help.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:23 pm
Rowen looked at the cloak, then at Die, and nodded. As he passed her, he turned her head, and whispered something in her ear. Once he was out of the elevator, however, he was considerably less quiet. Quickly striding past Esteban with the help of his long legs, Rowen kept a conversational tone.

"And here I thought everybody wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible. Of course, who am I to question the will of the fates?" He looked at Die, and tried to hide his smile with a mock-serious look. "Just the same, I think we should have that elevator looked at... And take a census..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 pm
Esteban, for the moment, ignored Rowen's commentating. The boy always talked, on and on and on. "The book is a very old. Aged and decrepit," Esteban said as he surveyed the room closely. He walked around the room and looked at various pieces of literature, but none of the ones he had seen matched the book's description. "Any luck, Rowen?"

((I do know what floor the book is on, but I don't know what floor any of your little surprises if any, will be on because I am leaving the placement of them up to you. Die))  

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:39 pm
Rowen had begun humming some Irish drinking tune to himself, and was surprised when Esteban asked if he saw it. Between searching shelves and moving ladders so he could search more shelves, the young man answered.

"I've seen aged and decrpit, and old and decrepit, but no aged, old and decrepit. That kind of redundancy does tend to elude me though, so I've just been searching by the numbers you got from the card catalog." He hopped from one ladder to another, and 'hmmm'ed loudly. "No dice."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:53 pm
Die waited by the elevator, watching her companion's progress and proceeding forward only when they drifted out of sight--a difficult feat, with the sheer openness of the room, but still possible. She left the book searching to them, watching their surroundings for signs of danger, life, or un-life as the case might have been. It was a fools act to trust the Library to be tamed, even on the 100th and supposedly sacrosanct floor.

((Surprises planned according to floor and time within the Library. It'd be nice to know what floor you're looking for, though, so as to expedite things.))  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:58 am
((well, I kinda need to hurry through this so I don't keep the people waiting in Litttle Necropolis too long for this main plot to finish up. so with your permission, of course, I was kinda just gonna poof through this really rapidly. It would entail me leaving you guys, but I can detail what I would do, and you can tell me of anything I might encounter on the other floors via pm))

Esteban sighed and continued looking for that which he was searching for.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:34 pm
((Or, you could tell me what floor it is on, we could skip this waste of time, and move on. If your book isn't here (100th floor), it isn't here, and there's no point in being here. Now, for the sake of speeding things up further, I'm going to suggest that we move at 'the speed of plot.' Which is to say that, rather than writing Filler (such as your last post) we do things like this: 'He took X amount of time to search the floor, but discovered nothing.' It cuts time down, sweeps the floor in one post and IF you trigger an event with one of your posts, I will tell you AFTER that post. As of yet, no event has been triggered, so I haven't posted one. Now. Moving On.))

Die sighed, calling softly, "If it isn't where it ought to be, it probably isn't here. There are more floors to search, and we're not learning anything about what we'll be fighting waiting for something Nasty to break through the decaying wards on this floor."
She looked at the shroud at her feet, picked it up with the tip of her tail, and deposited it on a table, then returned to the elevator to await her companions and the swift ride to the next floor.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:44 pm
"Aye-aye, boss-lady!" Rowen, in a slightly snarkier mood then usual, took his time to get back to the elevator only because he expected to be the last in the elevator. He and Die were there to make sure nothing happened to the Doctor after all, they couldn't both do that from the elevator while the man still wandered the floor.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:57 pm
Inside the elevator Shroud woke up and began billowing in the cramped space. His way of yawning and stretching in the morning.  

Blight_of_Luca

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 pm
((shroud was just put on a table, Blight))

Esteban joined the others in the elevator and keyed it for the next floor with a reference.  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games