Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:13 pm
I couldn't talk to you for so long because...

Um, I uh.. I was raped. crying

One sympathy, please. razz

And you don't have long to wait before I'll be back - my last exam is next tuesday. Probably take me a week or so before I reacquaint and acquaint myself with the old and new members, but after that I'll be posting in full force, spamming most threads with my off topic nonsense. Yeh, it'll be sweet. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:28 pm
    × aww.. poor toki.. u were raped by who?! *cries fake tears* lol~
    well, u havent failed yet.. so dont give up hope.. hehe.. it's never too late!! scream
    at least im glad that u started to take ur work more seriously.. good luck!

soumakisa

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:23 pm
Tokioka
I couldn't talk to you for so long because...

Um, I uh.. I was raped. crying

One sympathy, please. razz

And you don't have long to wait before I'll be back - my last exam is next tuesday. Probably take me a week or so before I reacquaint and acquaint myself with the old and new members, but after that I'll be posting in full force, spamming most threads with my off topic nonsense. Yeh, it'll be sweet. biggrin

Raped? You?! rofl rofl You mean literally or figuratively speaking? razz
And it serves you right for failing your first year. You should have known that University was a whole step up from High school, especially a degree like Chemistry. If you fall behind in the first semester and fail to catch up then it's unlikely you would make it up again in the second semester. I admit I'm a bit a slack too and I've missed a lot of lectures, but I've never missed a tutorial which is the crucial part. And I got a H2B(75%) overall mark for my first year, which isn't bad at all.

If redoing your first year will help you get better prepared for second year then by all means do so. And I agree that you should've gone for a gap year straight after high school if you felt you weren't prepared to cope with the stress that uni brings. Because if you couldn't handle the first year then there's no way you'll able to cope with the second year where the work load ramps up considerably. I'm a bit lucky because I'm in Arts which is all about reading and writing but even I have found second year much harder. The only reason I'm not failing is because I've increased the quality of my writing and research considerably and because I've kept pace with the classes.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:44 pm

Toki's joking, Mini.

xiiao-ai

Alexander Remure

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:02 am
x_____o

Holidays!

ninja

-Catches a plane to Heathrow-

Purest shall be gine 'til Monday!
Ta-ta!
-insert signature of pen name here-

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:01 am
Purest ish coming to England? -stalk stalk- ninja

@Toki - Ouch. Tough luck, darling. It'll all be fine, though, don't worry;; 'cause really in this year you've probably learnt a lot more than you thought - I mean, not only academically - and it will really help next year. (: As long as you don't slack again, of course.. 's a good lesson, ne? You'll never repeat the mistake again, I'm sure, as it must suck mightily to 'waste a year' as you say. -patpat- poor Toki. -gives chocolate- <3

Niphz
Crew

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:38 pm
Geez, a tough crowd when it comes to sympathy... stare

'cept niph. 3nodding *hugs*

@Elf: Yeh, it was a joke... if I was really raped I don't think I'd make a joke about it. Be too busy crying in teh shower. emo
Redoing the year's gonna be pretty boring seeing as it'll be the same material, but I don't think it'll be as bad as some of my friends have made it seem. I mean, uni's supposed to be the best time of your life so what's the hurt in extending it by a year, eh?

@Souma-chan: Oh my dear souma-chan, always the optimist. I'm afraid tis already too late for me, save yerself kisa! scream *sacrifices self*

@Sin: 'sup with that name? o_0

@Niph: Although academically I may have wasted a year, in terms of life experience I don't think I've really lost anything. My first year's been pretty good, lots of fun and laughter, which I have to admit has died down a little due to everyone revising for exams, but overall it's been a good year. =)

Looking back it's felt more like a gap year than a uni year to me, mainly due to the freedom compared to my strict school schedule. I mean at school you couldn't miss a single lesson as the class size was small and the teachers would notice, but here it's always huge lecture theatres where no one gives a rat's arse whether you turn up or not. That's probably something I still need to adjust to - having to motivate myself to work and not having someone to always push me. I suppose this is precisely the reason why the 1st year doesn't count towards your final grade. Needless to say, next year I'll definitely be working hard instead of hardly working. (^-^)b

... but that's in 4 months.. right now I just wanna chill out in the summer sun. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:13 pm
TOKI. MEET UP WITH NIPH YES?! <3

Niphz
Crew

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aw. Tosh wanna meet up with someone too.

But Wiim-chan and Charlie-sama think they are too cool for me. =A=;;

@Toki: Eh? Raped? O:

Who? Lemme at 'em. D<

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:28 pm
@Niph: This summer? No problem. 3nodding

Only reason I couldn't meet you before was due to my demise as a student lol. But seeing as the summer is pretty damn long, I don't see why not. The only time I won't be free is in August, when I'm going abroad. Apart from that I don't have much planned so I'm sure we can work something out. =]

@t0sh: I didn't want to say anything, but... crying *points at the elf*  

Tokioka

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:33 pm
T0SH ICU MANGA TIME ELFYxTOKI NON-CON YES?!

Sorry about the caps, slightly high today xD

@Tokes - NP, let's find some time this summer ^^;;

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:34 pm

I even put it on image shack so you can read the name. xD

Hate to admit it, but Elfy looks pretty nice in the 4th panel. C:

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:48 pm
ICU LOVE <3

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:44 pm
WTF? HOW COME I'M IN A SLEAZY YAOI MANGA AND I'M ******** TOKI?!!! scream scream gonk Damn you Tosh, at least put the comic in a link to a separate web page, so I don't have to continously look at it. stressed
Toki: Grrr, good on you for encouraging her to bring up the TokixElfy pairing again. stare  

Minielf

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:10 pm

whee

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games