Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:22 am
Well, still... Michael Jackson is more manly. Same with Marilyn Manson.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:25 pm
Like I said before, I liked X-2 mainly for the return to the ATB system. They really struck gold with that battle style. The new job class system was pretty cool too, so I didn't mind much of the other stuff.

I need to check out some of Mistwalker's games, especially Lost Odyssey. I never got around to buying it. D: Then I wanna check out some of the other, non-FF Squenix RPGs to see if they're any good. Looking towards Infinite Undiscovery. razz

Then I can't wait, because according to Game Informer, Suda 51 and Shinji Mikami (I know, I dare to put his name in a good light right now) are collaborating to make a horror game. If Suda 51's in it, expect some crazy things. sweatdrop  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:24 pm
Traitor. Thou shalt not contribute to Mikami's paycheck.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:29 pm
Canas Renvall
Like I said before, I liked X-2 mainly for the return to the ATB system. They really struck gold with that battle style. The new job class system was pretty cool too, so I didn't mind much of the other stuff.

I need to check out some of Mistwalker's games, especially Lost Odyssey. I never got around to buying it. D: Then I wanna check out some of the other, non-FF Squenix RPGs to see if they're any good. Looking towards Infinite Undiscovery. razz

Then I can't wait, because according to Game Informer, Suda 51 and Shinji Mikami (I know, I dare to put his name in a good light right now) are collaborating to make a horror game. If Suda 51's in it, expect some crazy things. sweatdrop

I'll give it a shot. I rented No More Heroes when it came out and overall it was very hit/miss. It had cool characters, fun yet difficult boss battles, and a crazy story, but the negatives really hinder the game. The controls were not that great and the side jobs you can do are not fun, and besides the side jobs and missions, there isn't much else to do (besides feeding your kitten and buying clothes). This could've been a really awesome game if they had put more time into it... confused

In other news,

I got word that last Saturday was Toonami's final airing. Although I was really saddened by the news, it was the right decision to pull the plug.

When the programming block was at it's peak, I remember hearing Cartoon Network was considering a Toonami Channel, and eagerly hoped it would happen...but it never did.

http://www.mogulus.com/toonamichannel

Now I watch this and reminisce. crying  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 pm
I heard No More Heroes was pretty good. I would've bought it, myself, if I hadn't gotten rid of my Wii.

Never had Toonami. Living in Canada and all. And I never had a dish.
Pity, though. But hey, look at it this way, you're all grown up and stuff. At least it didn't go off the air when you were still a kid and were really into those shows. Assuming you aren't anymore, that is.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:12 am
I liked No More Heroes. Very stylish. Makes me wanna buy MadWorld when it comes out, even though it's not Suda51. Same idea though, violence for the sake of violence. And it looks pretty. xd ...But dare I say it, Mikami's working on that, too. D:

I loved Toonami as a kid! D: No more Tenchi Muyo or Tenchi Universe or Sail-- what? ...Okay so I liked Sailor Moon. sweatdrop Too bad those all ended some years ago as far as I know. So I never really watched it after that.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:10 pm
Sailor Moon ******** rocks. Don't gimme that "its crap".

Don't mind me... I'm really sick today and happen to be watching Sailor Moon Live Action on my computer smile

crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:11 pm
Ah, Canas, such a lost cause... Buying Mikami games, wanting to see Degeneration... Oh, you kids... We'll just have to kill you...  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:15 pm
As long as Mikami doesn't touch RE anymore, there's no reason not to buy his stuff. Doesn't mean I like him, though. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 pm
He was responsible for turning Resident Evil into the atrocity that it has become.
It's like you're buying games from Hitler.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 pm
So Mikami tried to wipe out an entire race? Well, atleast we'll have his inevitable suicide to look forward to then. That is a bad way to put it.

Anyway, I have nothing against Mikami. So he ruined Resident Evil. Big deal. Yes, RE is an awesome series, but don't hate someone for ruining it. That's like hating Denis Leary because the latest season of Rescue Me wasn't as good as the others. Or hating Christopher Nolan for re imagining the Batman series.

Is it bad if someone wants to see Degeneration? It's just another movie. Just another action movie with zombies in it. Only it might actually relate more to the storyline than RE4 did.

Canas, don't forget the Gundam series, Outlaw Star, and Ruroni Kenshin.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:22 pm
No, the Rescue Me analogy would work for RE0 maybe, that it wasn't AS good as the previous title. RE4 wasn't just "Not as good" it completely ruined the storyline.

And if it wasn't for Capcom, Mikami would've ruined that storyline LONG before RE4.
So yes, I'm very bitter toward him. And I will not spend a penny to support his games.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:37 pm
Anything works better than a Hitler analogy though. Besides, if Hitler sold video games, then would he still be leading a nation?

Are you sure about that, though? Could he have really ruined the storyline for a game series that had no storyline set in stone?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:11 pm
He would pre-emptively ruin it. Like, if someone went back in time and killed Hideo Kojima, there would be no Metal Gear. Which would mean, the people now, wouldn't have been able to enjoy that awesome series.

But with Mikami, there would be no Umbrella, no T-Virus, there wouldn't even be the title "Resident Evil."
There wouldn't be a guild. There would instead be a game about ghosts called "Psycho". There wouldn't be anything about genetics in that game, no science, no conspiracies.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:21 pm
Yeah, comparing him to Hitler seems to be going a bit far.

Mikami was really going to change the game so drastically so early?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games