Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:23 pm
But you cannot ruin what doesn't exist. By the way, there would've been a RE game. As you said, long before RE4. So that could be either RE2 or RE3. Meaning, there could still be an Umbrella, and a T-virus.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 pm
Elliot Salem
But you cannot ruin what doesn't exist. By the way, there would've been a RE game. As you said, long before RE4. So that could be either RE2 or RE3. Meaning, there could still be an Umbrella, and a T-virus.

Yeah that's what confused me. There would still be an original RE, T-Virus, Zombies and Umbrella. Yeah?  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:27 pm
But if it was up to Mikami, after making RE1, he would have turned RE into a fantasy ghost game as early as RE2, ruining it that much faster.
The guy doesn't care about RE's legacy whatsoever. He doesn't have a sense of what it's like to establish an artificial universe and work within those bounds.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:30 pm
In that sense he is a murderer. Just not a Hitler.

Seriously? He wasn't going to try to just make a new franchise?

Guess not, just have to look at RE4.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:33 pm
You know, although RE4 isn't that scary, you gotta admit, it got off easy, considering the first 2 versions of RE4. One with the hook man and the puppet creatures, or the one with the black fog. Capcom rejected those ideas precisely because they were TOO farfetched. I guess Capcom couldn't keep making remakes while waiting for Mikami to give up and make RE4 about zombies, so they settled.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:44 pm
Don't forget the original version of 4 which ended up being the first DMC game.

Anyway, one quick addition, it wouldn't have ruined the series, because for all we know, Ghosts were involved in RE1.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 pm
Oh yes, genetic experimentation, viruses, bio-weapons and ghosts. Then it would've been just stupid.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:32 pm
Oh wow. I'll just let you guys duke that out. Except... Bio, you have to remember that at the end of the day, RE's a game. Just because a man makes it different than it was before doesn't mean he makes bad games. Sure, he trainwrecked RE, but that doesn't mean he doesn't make other, good things in the realm where they belong. You not supporting his games isn't gonna stop him, and if they're good games then you're missing out. Try and be a little more open-minded instead of vehemently denying everything that Mikami does because he ruined one game series.

Edit: Of course, Elliot. Those were some sweet Toonami shows as well. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:35 pm
It's not about whether he can make good games or not. It's about the fact that I don't respect the man and I don't want to support his product.
There's plenty of good games out there, Mikami isn't the only game producer left on earth. I'm sure if I pass a couple of his games in the future, I won't feel a void in my life.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 pm
I was actually talking about if Mikami had, as you put it, ruined the series long before RE4.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:42 pm
Yeah, if he made RE1 as we know it, and then according to his own wishes, made RE2 with overdramatic acting, ghosts and stuff. It would be a pretty lame sequel.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:44 pm
You act passive about missing a few of his games, and yet you think that someone who buys his products are "buying games from Hitler"? It's like if someone does buy one of his games then you make it sound like they have a one-way ticket straight to hell. I don't respect him one bit either, but that doesn't stop me from playing his games that are good. His personality and beliefs shouldn't get in the way of you and his products at all.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:48 pm
Canas Renvall
You act passive about missing a few of his games, and yet you think that someone who buys his products are "buying games from Hitler"? It's like if someone does buy one of his games then you make it sound like they have a one-way ticket straight to hell. I don't respect him one bit either, but that doesn't stop me from playing his games that are good. His personality and beliefs shouldn't get in the way of you and his products at all.

Okay, well, I was obviously overdramatizing. Come on.

I guess I'm just more passionate about these things. I can't in good conscience support the product made by a person I don't respect... No worse, a person I severely disrespect.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:52 pm
See the things is, he could've found a way to work the ghosts into it. Not just "oh, one day you went through a zombie invasion. Now you have to fight the same zombies from before, only AS GHOSTS!" That's normally how things go. But how would you know if it was lame or not? I mean, since it never happened, there's no real way to know how it would've turned out or not. But still, calling something that doesn't exist, lame, is just idiotic.

Maybe alittle too passionate. You're gonna learn, that you'll have to buy from things that you don't respect, or do things for people you don't respect.
Honestly, why do you not respect him?  

Elliot Salem

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:54 pm
Not saying I don't love RE with a passion either, and not saying that I don't disrespect Mikami. But like I said. If a good game is a good game, who cares who made it? You can understand this analogy. It's like Michael Jackson music. You like his music still, right? If you just listened to the music and didn't know the freak he'd become, there's no issue. Same with this. So a horror game comes out that's really good. Who cares what else the creator did?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games