Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Would you slit your wrists? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you cut yourself?
Only emos do that crap
5%
 5%  [ 26 ]
Why? Are you going to call the cops on me?
25%
 25%  [ 113 ]
... no comment...
40%
 40%  [ 178 ]
I'm a poll whore so I really don't care
7%
 7%  [ 34 ]
I like pie.
21%
 21%  [ 94 ]
Total Votes : 445

Persaphonia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:02 am
Yes  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:28 pm
believe me... i already did it..

alot of times actually...

use blade not keys

haha  

Nami Faye

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:28 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
penguin_on_caffine
Not at that time in my life. I'm grateful for the people who came along afterward (after I was put in jail, on welfare, and through rehab) and have gotten me to where I am now, but they weren't always there.
how hard were you looking for them? and how often did you reach out your hand?
a lot of people think they may have, but they don't do it as well as they could've

It's not a person's fault if they don't "reach out perfectly" to everyone possible. Desperation and personal turmoil are perception-altering psychological affects that distort reasoning very excellently and inconveniently. It's all quite comparable to attempting to call for help after being flogged about the head six-and-thirty times.
i'm not saying it's anyones fault......

You're making these people feel as if that's what you are saying. You can tell me it's because they're too weak or what have you, but what you have to realize is that you're attempting to understand and give advice about a tender issue using the least tender touch possible.

These people do what they do to themselves because they in their own perception don't see a way of getting better any faster, and when you're depressed, instant results are very attractive. Cutting gives a sense of control, a sense of routine, it sates the developing masochistic desire that grows from "Maybe I deserve to be treated this way", and it gives all of that as soon as the blood flows.

Gentle guidance to better methods will generate much better help than interrogation of motives or criticism for choices.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:20 pm
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
penguin_on_caffine
Not at that time in my life. I'm grateful for the people who came along afterward (after I was put in jail, on welfare, and through rehab) and have gotten me to where I am now, but they weren't always there.
a lot of people think they may have, but they don't do it as well as they could've

It's not a person's fault if they don't "reach out perfectly" to everyone possible. Desperation and personal turmoil are perception-altering psychological affects that distort reasoning very excellently and inconveniently. It's all quite comparable to attempting to call for help after being flogged about the head six-and-thirty times.

You're making these people feel as if that's what you are saying. You can tell me it's because they're too weak or what have you, but what you have to realize is that you're attempting to understand and give advice about a tender issue using the least tender touch possible.

These people do what they do to themselves because they in their own perception don't see a way of getting better any faster, and when you're depressed, instant results are very attractive. Cutting gives a sense of control, a sense of routine, it sates the developing masochistic desire that grows from "Maybe I deserve to be treated this way", and it gives all of that as soon as the blood flows.

Gentle guidance to better methods will generate much better help than interrogation of motives or criticism for choices.
i have been depressed before ya know, and i've dealt with cutting personally. and many other times with friends.
I'm not trying to give this person advice, but you do have a point with the gentle touch. i think afterwards it helps to get people to think about it and realize what they might've done better so they can try it next time if they remember.  

The Dadalorian
Crew

CG_lil_ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:31 pm
I used to but i stoped and now only when im really angry or upset because of my guy problems (read jornal you would understand) but I lean mostly with beating the s**t otta my exboys or exfriends twisted twisted dam them all scream scream  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:32 pm
i almost did once, but i get really dizzy and lightheaded when i see blood or talk about it in detail xd but yeah..... i couldnt get myself to do it.... im kinda glad too  

xxBlaqkrosexx

xCasaNovax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:27 pm
Ive gotten close to it alot of times in this past year (07-0 cool .
But ive promised someone i wouldnt, but ive still thought about it alot. At first i never understood at all why someone cut themselves (friends or other people at school)...but now even though ive never done it i understand better as to why.
o.O Jon  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:26 am
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
penguin_on_caffine

If you reach out toomuch you get your hands cut off. Or raped. Like my sister. And yes, it does give routine and control... are you sayingit would be better to lose it?  

penguin_on_caffine

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:34 pm
penguin_on_caffine
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
penguin_on_caffine

If you reach out toomuch you get your hands cut off. Or raped. Like my sister. And yes, it does give routine and control... are you sayingit would be better to lose it?

What are you talking about?

I'm trying to help you out, quit being so skeptical. I said it gives routine and control to indicate what would happen if you just tell someone to stop cutting and force them to stop.

God damnit, your post really bothers me. I'm trying to help people like you, and you just have to come by and throw it in my ******** face.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:47 am
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
penguin_on_caffine
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM

I'm trying to help you out, quit being so skeptical. I said it gives routine and control to indicate what would happen if you just tell someone to stop cutting and force them to stop.

God damnit, your post really bothers me. I'm trying to help people like you, and you just have to come by and throw it in my ******** face.

Didn't mean to skew your words. It's obvious that this is a touchy subject with a lot of people. I'm now 5 years past all of that, but th memores are still harsh. I understand that you want to help people, but I still disagree with you.  

penguin_on_caffine

Introspective_Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 am
I've done it....a couple of times, in the beginning for the bragging rights I have to admit, but then, it was something familiar and comforting about seeing my own red blood....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 pm
penguin_on_caffine
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
penguin_on_caffine
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Soviet Mudkipz
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM

Didn't mean to skew your words. It's obvious that this is a touchy subject with a lot of people. I'm now 5 years past all of that, but th memores are still harsh. I understand that you want to help people, but I still disagree with you.

What do you disagree about? I'm not the one saying "reach out more", that's the person I'm arguing against.

I'm not saying cutting is necessary for routine or control either, I acknowledged that it is a method to gain it and a reason why it is common, but what I was eventually going to do as the argument progressed was begin to offer other methods of routine and control, a light rehabilitation plan so to speak, so that physical harm isn't viewed as the only way.

ffsghyanbh

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:34 pm
even though it isn't getting bad, can you just settle it.
le;ts just sum up what we've been saying...and if there's any changes needed then change it...
1. cutting isn't helpful
2. sensitivity is helpful for these situations
3. people don't understand other peoples lives all the time
4. there is at least one person there for you
5. you need to reach out as hard as you can. BUT it can sometimes be like shouting help after "being flogged about the head six-and-thirty times."
more to add please?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:48 pm
You're enforcing your Hoover-like "rugged individualism" doctrine too much on those talking points of yours. You basically put together your personal opinion into a list.

It's the moderator's job to control disorderly arguments and out-of-control situations. Since this isn't getting bad, as you say, I suggest you do your job correctly and allow the conversation to continue. Maybe if we continue, we can actually come up with some good ideas. I know that actually going out of one's way to help those in dire need without "good reason" may be a novel concept, but give it a shot.

ffsghyanbh

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:21 pm
why must you always disagree with everything everyone says?
it's not just my opinions, i included your statement in there as well, and invited you to change them and add some stuff so maybe you can actually find another way of settling it  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games