Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Post your picture/ random pictures/dream avatars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 522 523 524 525 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Babi.

You don't comment on your own hair being good.

P:

Fried things = good.

炸牛奶 = Le meilleur. ;D (Is that right? Dx )
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:26 am
Niphz
-__-" He looks about 12. Is that a moustache or just dirt..?

My provisional licence came today! ;D

Dumplings are gorgeous. It's so fun making them!

Mmmn. I like strawberries either fresh or with cream. They're nice enough not to need sugar. The nicest are those 'Jubilee strawberries' you get from M&S Food.. expensive but oh-so-good. And I agree, let's keep to English and Chinese here. 3nodding

Oh you just got your provisional driving license Niph?

Oh and here's one of my favourite disches: Chinese omelette (蛋饼) and sausages mrgreen
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Minielf

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:10 am

My favourite foods are strawberries, either fresh or with cream, and dumplings. :3 <3

Is sin the only one who doesn't like piggy's hair? .___.;;

tosh;;
what's wrong with Popeye? D:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:30 am
@sin - I don't like it either.

// siiiigh // no idea when I'm going to arrange these driving lessons.. since I have like NO FREE TIME. D;

@t0sh - Fried things in general, maybe... but that stuff there is just disgusting. xP

Oh oh oh, JAPANESE FOOD! <3 Love it. Apart from miso soup, which is just vile.

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:21 am
Me no likey Japanese food. I do like Japanese anime, manga, TV and music though. xd

Fried stuff is usually nice. Though awfully unhealthy. gonk

Mini's stuff looks very tasty... *drool*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:38 am
D: if you ever come to Bristol, I'm taking you to Wagamama's. >__>;; although I'm sure they must have Wagamama's in Manchester.. they have it in like every large-ish city, even Cambridge, for goodness' sake. P;

And sushi also = <3

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:31 am
What the heck is Wagamama's? eek Never heard of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:54 am
@niph: so a provisional license is like a permit? ... weird, everyone I know was learning to drive when they were 15 and got their license at 16. XD But some states are different. anyways to get your provisional did you need to take a test? btw driving is easy (if you're in an automatic) just remember were park, drive and reverse is and which pedal is gas and which are the brakes. (my dad tried to teach me how to drive when I was fourteen. almost ran into a fence sweatdrop )  

mymiridon

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:03 am
See, this is what I don't get about America. You're allowed to drive at 16, have sex earlier than that (isn't the age of consent 14 in some state or another?), but not drink until 21. I mean, wtf?

We have to be 17 when we start learning. And a provisional licence is like.. a permit to allow you to start learning, after you pass your test it gets converted to a full licence.

Wagamama's.. it's a Japanese noodle restaurant. And it has a spiffy website. As well as, like, a cult following..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:12 am
lol, I don't really think many americans get it either. some states are different from others, and I think the whole not drinking from 21 has a little to do with prohibition. way back when during the 1800 21 was the voting age and 18 was the drinking age (think it was drinking well something like that) and then they switched it because they wanted a larger demo of voter and i guess to appease the activist after prohibition was lifted... right now I'm not really sure... that's just an assumption. either way different states have different ages consenting to sex, and nobody really waits until 21 to drink. most americans start drinking way before that. And since we start driving on our own at 16, most of us are better drivers at adults. XD I guess in a way by not allowing us to drink at 21 and drive @ 16, the idea is to teach us the responsiblity to not drink and drive. 3nodding

in america we take a test, get a permit to learn based on the test, then we go back after a year, take another test, then take another picture to get our liscense. Some schools teach us how to drive. mrgreen  

mymiridon

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:18 am
I see I see. Well, we have like a theory test which we have to pass before taking the practical one..

Thing is, if you learn to drive at 16 you may be a fairly good driver by 21, but since you won't have built up any tolerance to alcohol you'd be more likely to be affected by it, so it's actually worse, isn't it? -- this logic might be terribly flawed. >__<;;

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:48 pm
no no, the logic is that you'd be responsible enough to know that you shouldn't drive when you're drunk. thus letting someone sober do it or just call a taxi.

hmm... theory exam is like a written exam and practical is when you actually get in the car? if it is then it's like that here too.  

mymiridon

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Niphz
See, this is what I don't get about America. You're allowed to drive at 16, have sex earlier than that (isn't the age of consent 14 in some state or another?), but not drink until 21. I mean, wtf?

We have to be 17 when we start learning. And a provisional licence is like.. a permit to allow you to start learning, after you pass your test it gets converted to a full licence.

Wagamama's.. it's a Japanese noodle restaurant. And it has a spiffy website. As well as, like, a cult following..

Given that Australia was basically a British colony before, our laws are exactly the same as yours. We can start learning at 16 but we can't get a probabtionary license(self-driving locense but with stringent conditions) until twe're 17. The voiting age is 18, the legal marriage age is 16 (but of course you can have sex earlier than that), and at 18 you're legally allowed to buy alcohol. But people are allowed to drink alchohol much earlier.
The whole 21 age limit for alcohol in America was a nasty legacy of prohibition.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:34 am
Hey Niph, isn't the British sex age allowance 16yrs old? confused

And, I think Japanese people can have sex at 13 with consent. Is this true? eek I don't know whether to call this terribly kinky or terribly wrong.  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:14 pm
B&B
I don't know whether to call this terribly kinky or terribly wrong.

..aren't they usually the same thing? xDD

Yep, age of consent is 16 here. Thing is... if you look at, say, the Netherlands, their age of sexual consent is 12 but they have the lowest teenage-pregnancy rate in Europe.. >__<;;

@yalie - Hmm. I guess that does make sense now. xD

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 522 523 524 525 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games