Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

SESauvie

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:12 pm

Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman

Yea. They all seem to overdo stage interaction, and give you no room to move.
[random thought] I wonder if wall jumping will return...
Well if you look at what we know now, the Tether was basically a secret for Link and Samus users that is now even more in the open, the Air dodge was pretty touch and go as well in Melee but its there in brawl. And with some of the people that are sure to be in brawl, and the confirmed roster I am sure that many could theoretically wall jump like some will glide and some will not Flinch (for the giants) and there are no telling what else is to come, Will Diddy, DK or anyone be able to clamber for a second or two without moving? will Wavedashing return? Will Kirby be weak, all there is is time.... or maybe patches?
Yea. The reason being is it would kind of be redundant for Sonic. He can run up walls in most of his games. Though I do hope he can if he is in. The Air dodge served it's purpose: Dodging in the air.
I hope wave dashing dies. I don't know what you mean about DK, though.
Basically Sonic is in and we all know it, I think Wall jumping for somebody centered around Speed, agility and timing will have wall jumping (though a wall run and Stall would be awesome), Maybe even a momentum based running speed but thats a different point all together.
Wavedashing as much as I hate it is great for Samus users, not saying I Wavedash but it it a better form of evasive action against the normal dodges, wether or not it comes bace, I think it is dead, Brawl is on a modified Havoc engine, not the Melee engine and that could easily kill it there, the exclusion of L cancelling (if excluded) would certainly kill it. it would make Smash the Game of timing that fair gamers or (Casual as the pros say) play which it really should be

Yea. I'm just being objective. I know it has uses, I'm just sick of people saying I suck because I don't wavedash. I can, but don't. Didn't know any of that. L-canceling I don't mind. I haven't mastered it yet, partly because my Melee has mysteriously disappeared.
Wavedashing is rediculously overrated among the Smash community (FF I am looking at you in the gaming industry ninja ) About a month ago I went to a local tourney, and I was one of 7 people who didnt play "Technically" out of a 200 pool so I think it helps but if your so hell bent on moving into position you let yourself open during the animation, and the chance if you screw up, and a lot of Noob players that try to WD mess up constantly so it is just so confusing why the glitch is so world renound seemingly. Hell a few top rank pros Aniki for example refuse to WD and have beaten the world number 1 so I dont buy the entire WD'ing is a must when Timing in Smash is the name of the game.

As for me Neglecting the DK clambering question, I mean why not have a version of Stalling like the wall jumps, only having the Monkeys, possibly Yoshi Latch onto a Wall, or stage for dear life to gain a Jump.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:15 pm

Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman

Yea. They all seem to overdo stage interaction, and give you no room to move.
[random thought] I wonder if wall jumping will return...
Well if you look at what we know now, the Tether was basically a secret for Link and Samus users that is now even more in the open, the Air dodge was pretty touch and go as well in Melee but its there in brawl. And with some of the people that are sure to be in brawl, and the confirmed roster I am sure that many could theoretically wall jump like some will glide and some will not Flinch (for the giants) and there are no telling what else is to come, Will Diddy, DK or anyone be able to clamber for a second or two without moving? will Wavedashing return? Will Kirby be weak, all there is is time.... or maybe patches?
Yea. The reason being is it would kind of be redundant for Sonic. He can run up walls in most of his games. Though I do hope he can if he is in. The Air dodge served it's purpose: Dodging in the air.
Basically Sonic is in and we all know it, I think Wall jumping for somebody centered around Speed, agility and timing will have wall jumping (though a wall run and Stall would be awesome), Maybe even a momentum based running speed but thats a different point all together.
Wavedashing as much as I hate it is great for Samus users, not saying I Wavedash but it it a better form of evasive action against the normal dodges, wether or not it comes bace, I think it is dead, Brawl is on a modified Havoc engine, not the Melee engine and that could easily kill it there, the exclusion of L cancelling (if excluded) would certainly kill it. it would make Smash the Game of timing that fair gamers or (Casual as the pros say) play which it really should be

Yea. I'm just being objective. I know it has uses, I'm just sick of people saying I suck because I don't wavedash. I can, but don't. Didn't know any of that. L-canceling I don't mind. I haven't mastered it yet, partly because my Melee has mysteriously disappeared.
Wavedashing is rediculously overrated among the Smash community (FF I am looking at you in the gaming industry ninja ) About a month ago I went to a local tourney, and I was one of 7 people who didnt play "Technically" out of a 200 pool so I think it helps but if your so hell bent on moving into position you let yourself open during the animation, and the chance if you screw up, and a lot of Noob players that try to WD mess up constantly so it is just so confusing why the glitch is so world renound seemingly. Hell a few top rank pros Aniki for example refuse to WD and have beaten the world number 1 so I dont buy the entire WD'ing is a must when Timing in Smash is the name of the game.

As for me Neglecting the DK clambering question, I mean why not have a version of Stalling like the wall jumps, only having the Monkeys, possibly Yoshi Latch onto a Wall, or stage for dear life to gain a Jump.

I never found it that useful either, but I've never competed in tournament play. I was thinking about entering in the Midnight Gaming Champs, but I wasn't 16 in time.

Ah, that would be cool.

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:17 pm

Beddy time.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:18 pm

Meta_Fish
Beddy time.

40 minutes before the update? See ya then.

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:20 pm

I'm thinking up a new story, to replace the very unpopular Other worlds saga, which had no Cult names originally, because it was originally written for a completely different group...(The long spaces between posts were just me remembering or editing what I could find of the story...)

It's a Cliché, so you people will eat it up, and there are lot's of unnamed characters so far... It takes place in a very popular Boarding school... St. something or others... seriously, I need a name, which is at the mixing points of multiple worlds... it is the job of a certain group of students and teachers to keep whatever comes through under control, and the job of a particular student who will probably end up being fish, or Trenn to wield some kind of power that allows him to close the portals and defeat spirits and monsters who come through...

But, because he's graduating, at the end of the year, he has to pass the ability on to another one who is capable, so Our story starts as the adventures of a chosen freshmen, who I also haven't picked...

So, seriously, help me out... There will be other students who help, so don't beg me to be a protagonist...

Who should the freshman be?
Who should the senior be.
What should St. Somethingorothers be called?(It is Co-ed, by the way)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:20 pm

Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman

I never found it that useful either, but I've never competed in tournament play. I was thinking about entering in the Midnight Gaming Champs, but I wasn't 16 in time.

Ah, that would be cool.
WDing just makes bigger problems for balance as well, Waveshining basically the biggest one

I didnt do all that well for a pool of 200 but I did better than I thought I would, I made it to the second round (Total Ownage xd )

SESauvie

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:32 pm

Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman

Ah, that would be cool.
WDing just makes bigger problems for balance as well, Waveshining basically the biggest one
I didnt do all that well for a pool of 200 but I did better than I thought I would, I made it to the second round (Total Ownage xd )

Wave Dashing is pretty useless with the characters I use. sweatdrop
Well, You got half way through xd

@ Kegan: Give me a second to think.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:33 pm

Has anyone heard of the Sonic RPG for the DS that's planned... it's supposed to be made by the makers of KoTOR.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

SESauvie

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:34 pm

Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman

Ah, that would be cool.

Falco and Ness are pretty basic, L cancels are a must though for Falco

Glad you see it that way too xd
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:39 pm

Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman
Sauvie
Tatsuman

Ah, that would be cool.

Falco and Ness are pretty basic, L cancels are a must though for Falco
Glad you see it that way too xd

Never mastered it. Ness' would be useful sort of, but not much.
@ Kegan: What kind of fanboy would I be if I hadn't? xd

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:55 pm

Post style test ninja
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:59 pm

User Image

Nice save Tatsu

SESauvie

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:00 am

User Image

ninja
User Image
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:01 am

Sauvie
User Image
Nice save Tatsu
User Image

Say what? I couldn't hear you over the awesomeness of my new post style.
User Image

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games