Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:51 am
Canas Renvall

I completely agree, and I would like nothing more than to have it with static camera angles. However, Capcom's willingness to make a game like that has more or less diminished to nothing.

So, what you're saying is, "if we can't get the best, I'll settle for what they give me?"
Dude, first of all... Did Capcom SAY they were remaking RE3? Cause if not, then this conversation shouldn't even be happening.

Canas Renvall

Wait, what? Notice, before "could work". "I think." It's my personal opinion that it could work, and I was explaining why. Doesn't mean you have to listen at all (that's what makes the world go 'round, diversity!), but I wanted to share my thoughts on the matter. razz

Canas Renvall

Hell no indeed. scream Once again, I never said I didn't want it to have static camera angles, and I agree that's how it should be. I'm saying how to take a different approach that could be.

You're totally missing the point, though. I don't disagree that it could work.
But allow me to quote Jurassic Park:
"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they COULD, they never stopped to think if they SHOULD."
That's the same case. Yes, RE3 could potentially make a kick a** action shooter. But SHOULD it be done? No, it shouldn't.

Canas Renvall

Think about this for a minute. If a city of at least a hundred thousand people was zombified, do you really think you'd just meet one or two zombies at a time? This is one time where it would be logical to have a bunch of zombies after you. And like I said, limited ammo would make it even worse for your predicament. And unlike RE4, no grenades! I know you're a master with the knife. No melees, either, by the way. It's not practical to get your hands dirty with the infected flesh of a zombie.

That's another problem with society. I call it the Batmobile syndrome.
Everyone is so obsessed with what's more real, what's more practical, they never stop to think about style and aesthetics.
Look at the Batmobile in the new Batman movies. It's the ogliest piece of machinery I've ever seen. "But, Bio! It's more realistic that way!" Who cares!? It used to look slick and kick a**, now it looks like Chris from RE5, big and bulky.
My point is, that, look at RE for what it SHOULD be. The survival horror game. The atmosphere of quiet stillness. Not knowing what's around the corner. It's not about what, "Makes sense", technically speaking, the whole police squad failed against the zombies, so not Jill, nor Leon, Claire and especially not Sherry should've survived that encounter. Yes, that's unrealistic. That particular aspect is about defying the odds. But that's story related.
Gameplay related aspect of the game would be the narrow hallway with three or so zombies crowding it. That's what RE was about. If you want your shitton of zombies share in classic RE, there's always the mercenaries mode in RE3 (which was the only Mercenaries mode ever to actually include MERCENARIES, so I don't see why it's even CALLED that in the other games). But the core gameplay itself is not about fighting off a crapload of zombies.
Because, Canas, and this is where your two theories contradict. See, the game actually has to be BEATABLE. Which means, either you don't put too many zombies in it, and have the ability to outrun them, OR you give you character a crapload of ammo. One or the other. Yes, if you're stuck between a hoard of zombies and Nemesis with like, 25 bullets in your handgun and nothing else, you're completely screwed. And how would you get out of something like that?

Canas Renvall

I said story development, not character development. What happens story-wise that you didn't already know from RE2 aside from the fact that Umbrella sent watchdogs to retrieve data? That's not huge. Most of the dialogue and cutscenes were Nicholai killing people, places blowing up, and Nemesis attacking Jill. Sure, there was a lot of character development. However, the overall story wasn't exactly thrusted forward.

Oh, and I suppose Raccoon City being nuked 2 days after Leon and Claire escaped isn't huge?
Let's pretend that Capcom didn't completely derail the storyline, and that I'm actually still giving a crap. Capcom barely even touched on the G-Virus since RE2, other than less than decent CGI movie they made.
But nuking a whole city to cover Umbrella's crimes, that's freakin cataclysmic. RE3 was much more important to the overall storyline than RE2 was, IMO.

Canas Renvall

However, there's no reason that the third time can't be the charm. I wouldn't expect it to be as scary as say, REmake, but I'm sure they could get it down-pat after two failed attempts. At least with a new director. Mikami only did it 'cause Capcom muscled him into it, and Takeuchi... is very, very eh. We need someone committed and skilled.

Again, you're saying, "Well, I'll just settle for what they give me."
Actually, you got your facts wrong. The only thing that Capcom muscled him, is OUT of making RE4 to be with the hook man and the black smoke (Lost, anyone?). Which could've been more scary, but they'd be more wrong for the series than even the Ganados. Either way, Mikami flat out refused to make another RE game in the classic style. Capcom were the ones who kept him pinned down that long, telling him to KEEP MAKING them like the classics. So it was Mikami to blame for RE4, not Capcom.
And Takeuchi, don't even get me started.
My point is, you're saying now, "They need a new director" etc. etc. Well, frankly, I agree with you. But look at it this way. If they find a new director who can make behind the back actually scary, why couldn't they find a new director who can make Static Camera gameplay more accessible to the nooblet fanbase that Capcom wants so badly?

Canas Renvall

I guess that's something else I should've added under the "keep it old-school" part of my post. Not just limited ammo and health, but keep the EKG (no health bars, I want to see how my heart's doing razz ) in the menu, keep the dodge button a skill occurrence as opposed to the flashing buttons telling you what to do... Keep it true to the original in that sense.

Either way. Like I keep saying over and over. The awesome thing about static cameras is that they give the impression like you're actually playing out a movie. And heck, I guess that's what I get for being an actor, but that's one thing I loved the most when I picked up RE for the first time. So to have the camera behind the back would be totally counterproductive, because even if it's scary, even if it works, even if it's technically Survival Horror... It's not Resident Evil. True Resident Evil plays like you're watching a horror movie. That's what I love about it.

But all that aside, I come back to my first question. IS Capcom remaking RE3? Because if not, then I don't see why you want a remake of RE3 so badly? RE3 is good enough as it is. Stop fishing for better graphics, you're the one whose main defense of the Wii is that Gameplay is most important.
If Capcom doesn't want to remake (and as I predict Bastardize) RE3, then let it rest. RE3 is not getting remade, all is well.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:20 am
Another RE movie.....which i hear they're gonna make.....goodness.  

Twili-Chan

Vankala

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:22 am
There's no way the RE movies can ruin the RE series whether you like them or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 am
Vankala
There's no way the RE movies can ruin the RE series whether you like them or not.

Quoted for the damn truth.

The movies contain an entirely different subtext. Clearly Alice isn't in the games. rolleyes  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:37 am
NotteRequiem
Vankala

The movies contain an entirely different subtext. Clearly Alice isn't in the games. rolleyes
And if Capcom wants to take things from the movie, (i.e. Red Queen, Laser Hallway etc.) that's THEIR decision. To blame the movies for giving Capcom ideas is like blaming your daughter's boyfriend for knocking her up. Personal responsibility.

And frankly, the laser hallway was the best part of Umbrella Chronicles. That's not saying much, since the game sucked, but still.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm
NotteRequiem
Vankala

I dunno, Leon looks kinda like her... does more s**t than her, too. razz

heart the movies, and I can't wait for the next one coming out next August.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:30 pm
Canas Renvall

I dunno, Leon looks kinda like her... does more s**t than her, too. razz

heart the movies, and I can't wait for the next one coming out next August.

Yeah, but there's a difference. Alice is a girl. Leon just looks like one.

I dunno about the next movie. Anderson said he's gonna be restarting the movie canon from scratch, although Alice is still gonna be the main character. And the next movie is gonna be all in CGI, which I'm also iffy about.
I mean, to make an RE movie in CGI is very, very pointless. Simply because the series started off doing its best to immitate photorealism. Immitate real life people, real life locations. And if you have the ability to do it with actual real people, (like the intro to RE1, only with half decent acting) then it's the optimal way to make an RE movie. To make it in CGI is counterproductive, IMO.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:25 pm
I didn't know about the CGI thing. I just heard him say something about it being in 3D, but I assumed it was still gonna be Live-Action cuz I dind' thear him say anything about it being CGI.  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:17 pm
Wait... That's a tough one... It's possible that when I heard 3D, I assumed CGI... Maybe I have it wrong...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:40 am
I honestly hope you are wrong about that. Cuz I feel the same way. I'd much prefer the live-action over it being CGI.  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:44 am
Vankala
I honestly hope you are wrong about that. Cuz I feel the same way. I'd much prefer the live-action over it being CGI.

But I'm worried either way. Anderson said he's rebooting the storyline. And speaking purely from a money gaining point of view, the smart thing would be to make the next RE movie with the semi-RE5ish storyline.
So until Anderson confirms otherwise, I'm worried.

On another note, does anyone else think that new movie Pandorum looks kinda awesome. I mean, I know the only thing it has in common with RE are the producers, but it still looks like the same type of awesome action movie. I'll definitely be checking it out.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:27 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Wait... That's a tough one... It's possible that when I heard 3D, I assumed CGI... Maybe I have it wrong...

Check the news section, I have the video interview there. It's 3D, not CGI. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:50 pm
Canas Renvall
Biohazard EXTREME

Check the news section, I have the video interview there. It's 3D, not CGI. razz
Well, you'll have to forgive me for not thinking to check the news section since lately it's been nothing but Darkside Crapicles news.
Either way, there's still the new storyline to worry about.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:28 pm
Yeah, he said it's based off RE5, and it has Jensen Ackles in it.

As Leon S. Kennedy. neutral Granted, Jensen Ackles plays a great smartass as Dean in Supernatural, but... that's supernatural. But I've like Anderson's movies so far, so we'll see.

As for Pandorum, yes, I want to see it. biggrin

Now, back on topic:
Sherry reappearing in RE6 as a mutated Uroboros/T/G/T-Veronica/Nemesis/Plaga/Wesker Virus monster. I wouldn't put it past Capcom to do that.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:14 pm
Canas Renvall
Yeah, he said it's based off RE5, and it has Jensen Ackles in it.

As Leon S. Kennedy. neutral Granted, Jensen Ackles plays a great smartass as Dean in Supernatural, but... that's supernatural. But I've like Anderson's movies so far, so we'll see.

As for Pandorum, yes, I want to see it. biggrin

Now, back on topic:
Sherry reappearing in RE6 as a mutated Uroboros/T/G/T-Veronica/Nemesis/Plaga/Wesker Virus monster. I wouldn't put it past Capcom to do that.
Umm... Well, we never really got off topic in the first place. I mean, we're talking about the next RE movie. And if it's based on RE5, then yes, it will be ruined, and no, I won't be bothering with it.
So, that officially makes absolutely no Resident Evil media for me to look forward to in the future. At all. Good thing I wasn't getting my hopes up.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff