Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
No, I said he doesn't consider it a true RE3, like, he considers it a side story, as opposed to Code Veronica, which he considered to be the true RE3. It was still a part of the storyline.

And Survivor's been canon since they mentioned Sheena Island in the intro to RE0.

My mind has been blown. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:19 pm
Well, I mean, otherwise I paid no mind to it either, terrible as that narrative was.
But somehow, Shinki Mikami said, "Let's mention that game in RE0, so that all the fans who hate it are forced to live with the fact that it's canon." I'm not surprised.  

Biohazard EXTREME

taylortenacity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:46 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Aww thanks. Just as a heads up. Leon dies. twisted
ya in mine he dies as well, but not until later in the story  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:59 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Aww thanks. Just as a heads up. Leon dies. twisted

I love it already! biggrin  

Vankala

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:46 am
Ditto!!!

biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Bio i think you might like my version of the story.
So pretty much all I have written are epilogues for Barry and Wesker that tie in with the story but change it in the way I would like it to be.
Read Epilogue II. I have a feeling you'll like it. I have a story brainstormed but I don't want to ruin anything from it so just read the rough draft of the epilogue and I know you're smart enough to see where my story is going

Epilogues

taylortenacity

BrokenButterfly73

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:36 pm
Resident Evil 4 was a huge departure from the previous RE games, but I still think it was worth it. The franchise was taking a dip. xp RE 4 revitalized the sales, as well as Capcom's reputation. Why so many haters?!?! confused  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:42 pm
Weeeell, I could go on a long rant but I just got back from an awesome homecoming dance and my feet hurt like hell and I'm gonna go to bed. So here's the short version.

A. Some change isn't welcome. RE4 had lots of this. Sure, it needed change, but it needed the right change.

B. RE4 revitalized the sales and moved everything into a whole different direction that isn't Resident Evil anymore.

C. Capcom's reputation died with RE4. What revitalized Capcom's reputation was the finding out that Shinji Mikami is a total tool and should be shot for turning RE4 into what it is.

I'm sure Bio can elaborate if he so chooses. But off to bed with me! 3nodding  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:48 pm
I liekd playing RE4, but still, The point is Survival Horror. Hello? Nothing scares the s**t out of someone than seeing that they might die soon enough. However here you a lot of options. 1, run back to the the merchant and buy a better gun; 2, buy the capacity upgrade , and get ammo for free; 3, kill someone and they might have some ammo;, or 4, find ammo lying around. I don't mind the ammo lying around, but seriously the other three suck for a survival horror theme. It was the though that you would scarcely see an ammo lying around in the other RE game that made people afraid. Also you would figure that Saddler and the others would notice the merchant moving around so much, and assisting Leon. The only cool thing is the over shoulder first person shooting experience, and that you don't need ink to save on the typewriter, and the knife is no longer an inventory item.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 pm
Also I think replacing zombies is ok, since it's scary that they know how to use weapon, but why the hell did they have to make it a parasite thing? I think going virus is better, since it's not completely controllable.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:24 pm
I have a feeling that pretty soon, this thread will be overshadowed by "For those who dislike Resident Evil 5" thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 am
To get back into that Scince Fiction vs. Fantasy discussion. One of the creators of Tabula Rasa MMO, I think, described it best. Something along the lines of:

With Science Fiction, you try to work with reality, aside from one of two deviations in technological advancements. But after that, you try to work WITHIN that established universe.
That's the problem with RE4, and where RE is going, they're pushing it further and further. It's like, okay, so there's a virus that mutates people into zombies. There's your technological advancement. The key is to work within those boundaries. That's the problem, now they're saying, "Now there's parasites" which was something completely new that they're adding. Now there's laser halls, cults, etc. etc. etc. They didn't work within their science fiction bounds.
If they started a new franchise, say RE4 -Leon, -Ada, -Wesker, -mention of Umbrella and the T-Virus, then it would be okay, because they've established their deviations and work within those terms. That's why RE crossed the line between Sci-Fi and Fantasy.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:35 am
If it gets more fantasy-ish than just the parasite, wel lthan that's when the series hits rock bottom.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:37 am
Alkaizer87
If it gets more fantasy-ish than just the parasite, wel lthan that's when the series hits rock bottom.

It will be, Resident Evil: BELT AND BUCKLE EDITION, with Tetsuya Nomura directing.  

MadamTarantula

Vankala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:16 am
Alkaizer87

Too late. Its already hit rock bottom. stare  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces