Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:46 pm
Clic-Clac Crow
I am willing to make a free banner for up to three people. 'Cause I feel like it.. any takers? xP
我! surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:24 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Clic-Clac Crow
I am willing to make a free banner for up to three people. 'Cause I feel like it.. any takers? xP
我! surprised
And 我! biggrin  

Syeori

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:49 pm
Vanilla_Soda
cold_blooded_chick
Clic-Clac Crow
我! surprised
And 我! biggrin

Oh! Oh! 我!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:53 pm
I know this doesn't have anything to do with chinese related things, but i felt i had to raise the subject, and this seems to be the most suitable place to post it scince i don't want to make a new thread about something that is non guild related, and we can discuss anything in the chatterbox as long as it is PG-13, and i also want to read your point of view on this subject as a chinese person. Please read the article, and post your views..

Quote:
IRAN EXECUTES 2 GAY TEENAGERS (updated)
Two gay Iranian teenagers -- one 18, the other believed to be 16 or 17, were executed this week for the "crime" of homosexuality, the Iranian Student News Agency (ISNA) reported on July 19. (The ISNA report is in Farsi, and was translated into English by the British gay rights group OutRage!, which released its report today. The two youths -- identified only by their initials as M.A. and A.M., were hanged on July 19 in Edalat (Justice) Square in the city of Mashhad in north-eastern Iran, on the orders of Court No. 19. The hanging of the teens was also reported by the National Council of Resistance of Iran.

And the website Iran Focus not only confirms the story but provides more details, reporting that "Members of Iran’s parliament from the north-eastern city of Mashad, where a minor and an 18-year-old man were publicly hanged yesterday, vented their anger on Wednesday on foreign and domestic news outlets for reporting the ages of hanged prisoners...Ultra-conservative deputy Ali Asgari said that the two deserved to be hanged in public, adding, 'Whatever sentence is decreed by an Islamic penal system must be approved, unless proven otherwise.' Asgari complained of foreign and domestic reporting that the two were mere boys. 'Instead of paying tribute to the action of the judiciary, the media are mentioning the age of the hanged criminals and creating a commotion that harms the interests of the state,' the member of the Majlis Legal Affairs Committee said. 'Even if certain websites made a reference to their age, journalists should not pursue this. These individuals were corrupt. Their sentence was carried out with the approval of the judiciary and it served them right.' "

Consensual gay sex in any form is punishable by death in the Islamic Republic of Iran. According to the website Age of Consent, which monitors such laws around the world, in Iran "Homosexuality is illegal, those charged with love-making are given a choice of four deathstyles: being hanged, stoned, halved by a sword, or dropped from the highest perch. According to Article 152, if two men not related by blood are discovered naked under one cover without good reason, both will be punished at a judge's discretion. Gay teens (Article 144) are also punished at a judge's discretion. Rubbing one's p***s between the thighs without penetration (tafheed) shall be punished by 100 lashes for each offender. This act, known to the English-speaking world as 'frottage,' is punishable by death if the 'offender' is a non-Muslim. If frottage is thrice repeated and penalty-lashes have failed to stop such repetitions, upon the fourth 'offense' both men will be put to death. According to Article 156, a person who repents and confesses his gay behavior prior to his identification by four witnesses, may be pardoned. Even kissing 'with lust' (Article 155) is forbidden. This bizarre law works to eliminate old Persian male-bonding customs, including common kissing and holding hands in public." And Outrage, in its release about the gay teens' execution, noted that, "according to Iranian human rights campaigners, over 4000 lesbians and gay men have been executed since the Ayatollahs seized power in 1979. Last August, a 16-year-old girl , [Atefeh Rajabi] was hanged [in the Caspian port of Neka] for 'acts incompatible with chastity,' [i.e., sex before marriage]."

In the case of the two teens hanged in Mashhad, "They admitted having gay sex (probably under torture) but claimed in their defense that most young boys had sex with each other and tdhat they were not aware that homosexuality was punishable by death," according to the ISNA report as translated by OutRage. "Prior to their execution, the gay teenagers were held in prison for 14 months and severely beaten with 228 lashes. The length of their detention suggests that they committed the so-called offenses more than a year earlier, when they were possibly around the age of 16."

"Ruhollah Rezazadeh, the lawyer of the younger of the two boys, had appealed that he was too young to be executed and that the court should take into account his tender age (believed to be 16 or 17). But the Supreme Court in Tehran Ordered him to be hanged." As a state party to the International Convention on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), Iran has undertaken not to execute anyone for an offence committed when they were under the age of 18 -- which means that by hanging the two youths Iran is in violation of international law.The Iranian authorities are putting out a cover story that the two boys had participated in the rape of a 13-year-old, but OutRage affirms from its sources that this accusation is a smokescreen for inhuman conduct and is without foundation. However, the Murdoch press (e.g., the Times of London) is putting about the Iranian government's story as a virtual statement of fact. But there is no mention of this Iranian government accusation in the original ISNA report, otherwise quite detailed.-- which rather suggests it's a recent invention. Furthermore, it is hardly surprising that, at the very moment at which Iran is engaged in the most delicate negotiation with the Western powers over nuclear materials -- the outcome of which will have a profound impact on the Iranian economy --the Iranian government, when caught in a heinous act of barbarity that is also a violation of Iran's commitments under international law -- should try to find a new excuse for the inexcusable.

Syeori

Syeori

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:54 pm
There is never any justifiable reason to kill another defenceless human being. I know it is suggested that being gay is a sin but God never gave anyone the burden of having to carry out sin's consequences, death. And there is no way of knowing if they did so call rape another boy, which I believe is false learning of other times that there government has put out fake reasons to kill someone. Everyone sins, so that means that no sinner has the right to kill another sinner. No one can decide if a person deserves death (obviously unless you have done something barbarically inhumane), because everyone deserves right when they are born. This hanging of these two young men is cold and inexcusable, this is only another way to show discrimination and hate, which hate is also a sin. But I do not understand Muslim beliefs in any way but I always thought that religion was followed to find a way to try and make life better. And I can see no reason for murdering young men just because of the way they feel sexually. And I don't appreciate people trying to bad mouth others religion just because they don't understand it, that is why I will not bad mouth Muslim's, just feel sickened from those people killing without hesitation. I have many friends from over there and don't appreciate words putting them down when they would not be discriminate like this. Their religion is not the reason for the killings only a distorted excuse for it. Hate is the root of all evil and that is what causes such hanous things as these. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Sorry, if i ruined the normal bouncy atmosphere that is normally present in the ICU sweatdrop  

Syeori

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:00 pm
啊!可怜的同性恋们!!! crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:35 pm
Vanilla_Soda
Sorry, if i ruined the normal bouncy atmosphere that is normally present in the ICU sweatdrop

nah that's okay we'll bounce right back up blaugh  

yalie5

Syeori

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:21 am
yalie5
Vanilla_Soda

nah that's okay we'll bounce right back up blaugh
yay! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:14 pm
mosquitoes must die. one day they will all die and i will no longer have to deal with them anymore twisted  

yalie5

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:22 pm
yalie5
mosquitoes must die. one day they will all die and i will no longer have to deal with them anymore twisted

3nodding They should, X_X: Its crazy how long they've exisited..
*Wishes they'd die out during our life time*
Once spiece I'm not afraid to make extinct.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:54 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5

3nodding They should, X_X: Its crazy how long they've exisited..
*Wishes they'd die out during our life time*
Once spiece I'm not afraid to make extinct.

can't forget roaches... well at least they don't drink my blood.  

yalie5

[Pink Lady]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:41 am
where is strawberry blood crying  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:33 am
Cat-Whiskers is now back.... somewhat. Have to study for the final exam on Friday gonk Stupid school stare  

Cat-Whiskers

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:49 am
Cat-Whiskers
Cat-Whiskers is now back.... somewhat. Have to study for the final exam on Friday gonk Stupid school stare

Haha, have fun. xD
-glares at pet bear and says in a hushed tone.- What did I tell you? No treats for you this week!
@Yalie: Roaches? @_@ I'm scrared of roaches.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games