Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Library of Fandom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

neodrac54

6,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:28 pm
"I'm an assassin by trade, Memon..... It's my job to expect the unexpected...." She sighed, the flame disappearing. "I suppose though my anxiety is misplaced.... It's become a bad habit I suppose...." She shrugged. "Besides.... Chaos seems to follow me like a shadow..."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:42 pm
He gave another malicious grin at her last statement.

"Then what have you to worry about? I am the embodiment of Chaos, and I am it's master."

At that point, he stopped for a moment to ponder her predicament.

"But I suppose it is a bit unnerving to one such as yourself to simply wait for something to happen. Very well, I would like you to run a few errands for me if you will."  

Xx_Raziel-Phoenix_xX

Dapper Genius

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

neodrac54

6,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:55 pm
"What do need done...?" Blaize stood up, stretching. She turned her full attention on Memon, head tilted slightly, showing her curiosity.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 pm
"First, go to the main gate and mecha main street. See if you can't scrounge up any worthy talent for my legion. Then, swing by the Jarian headquarters. I have an invested interest in their demise and I'm curious as to what sort of defenses they might have before I move forward with anything."  

Xx_Raziel-Phoenix_xX

Dapper Genius

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

neodrac54

6,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:23 pm
"Yes sir." Blaize replied, walking out the front door of the Library. Might as well head to the Main Gate first.... She grinned, heading in that direction.

{Exits to Main Gate}  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 pm
Frostborne_PrettyGirl
((shroud was just put on a table, Blight))

Esteban joined the others in the elevator and keyed it for the next floor with a reference.
((silent, I was already in the elevator, and I had assumed Rowan was already in there as well.))  

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:08 am
((My bad. I got caught up in plotting. I'll edit, and we'll get moving again. xP))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:36 pm
Eye's flashing red for a moment, Esteban sighed as he too leaned against the side of the elevator. "If I may say so," he began, cautiously, "it seems that there is no immediate threat coming off from the intruder, and, although I can't read him, yes, it is a male, clearly, there is one word running across his mind that I can understand." He stopped briefly. "The word is Esteban. Somehow, he knows my name,and knew I was here. Both are very disturbing pieces of evidence, since I didn't tell my servant where I was going, nor what I was doing. With your permission, I wish to have a chat with him in the safety of the Floor Primera just in case he tries to be hostile."  

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

Xx_Raziel-Phoenix_xX

Dapper Genius

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:08 am
Even with most of the sub-standard reading he came across, he had to admit there were a few good reads here and there. For the most part he was only browsing the shelves on the main floor out of boredom. Thankfully in his exile he had plenty of time to work on his patience.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:34 am
Rowen seemed strangely disinterested in Esteban's observations regarding the intruder. Even Die's words didn't even get a cursary nod. Instead, the young man looked up, and put both of his palms against the elevator wall behind him, while tilting his head upwards, as if looking through the ceiling.

The elevator shivered yet again, and he licked his lips thoughtfully. Finally, he seemed to notice Esteban's words. At least, when he finally spoke, it seemed related.

"At the moment, he's the least of your worries."

The elevator shook again, this time harder. He swore, or at least what he said was delivered like a swear. It certainly wasn't English.

"Brace yourselves!" The elevator car seemed to jump, and the top was pulled away suddenly-- or perhaps the car itself was dropping away from the top (it certainly didn't seem to be moving).

"Or not!" He took a step away from the wall, and his wings unfolded. Turning to Esteban, he put a hand towards the man, and a light blue glow appeared in the young man's palm... then faded out. "Damnaigh!"

Apparently all that scanning had burned out most of his energy, and now was not the time for a juice-box.

"Good thing this place is so damn tall-- Esteban, you may want to jump up before I take off, 'cause this thing hasn't reached maximum velocity yet, but it will when Die and I take off..."

There was a bang as the quickly vanishing elevator ceiling was pushed aside and something long and dark reached towards them.

"Oh, and there's something alive up there. Just... thought you should be aware. Oh hell." The young man opened his wings, and either his feet left the floor, or the floor left his feet. Either way, he started to glide.

Rowen McNeill

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 am
Esteban felt the momentum of the now falling, or at least felt like falling, elevators ceiling was removed.He ducked as the dark thing tried making a grab at him. "Shame I can't fly," he said as looked around at the walls. "I think it is safe to say that this falling death box is a one way ticket to the bottom. I can slow this elevator to a stop for a short while, but we will need to get off of it. Where's the next floor's doors?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:46 am
Die sighed--the distance from the hundredth floor to the sublevels was significant, but she could tell from past experience that the velocity of the elevator was already above that what most humans would consider acceptable.
"If you're going to stop it, stop it and worry about doors later. In case you hadn't noticed, we're passing them rather quickly," Her voice was dry despite the increased volume needed to lift her words over the rushing wind and the booming sound as Rowen's wings caught the air above. "Otherwise, hang on!"
She lunged upwards, her tail snapping around Esteban's waist as she reached the top edge of the metal walls. She clung with her claws for a moment, then jumped, letting her wings unfold to catch the wind. She winced as the leathery skin boomed--it was a dangerous and painful thing, to try and break at the speeds they had been falling with extra weight hanging from her prehensile tail, but necessity demanded action.

The grasp of her armored tail was surprisingly delicate when it first twined around his waist, but the force of Die's disembarkment from the 'falling death box' was none to gentle, though by no means would it inflict serious harm on the average mortal. If he desired, Esteban could likely have slipped from the heavy limb. Whatever his choice, the propetier of the Alkemist and new master of Diner went airborne.
Die pulled her wings in, angling them to shift where the main mass of her body hung and to allow more wind to pass by. She had learned to fight while gliding on the currents of the air, and had even engaged in a few high-speed combats over the waters of the Rhine, but she had no desire to face whatever that beast above them was in the confines of the elevator shaft with or without a passenger.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:18 pm
Esteban was not prepared for the abrupt grasping by the female dragonoid. He watched, almost helplessly as the elevator plummeted nearly out of sight. "Well, I hate to be a bother, but I'm going to stop the elevator," he said as he wriggled in the tails grasp. After a moment or two of wiggling, he managed to break free and began falling some distance behind the elevator. With a large telekinetic push, he shot forward, speeding like a bullet, down towards the falling elevator. It seemed like he had been falling for minutes, when he finally caught glimpse of the elevator. With another push, he closed the gap even more, and was now going faster than the elevator, which would be a problem for most people. With light bursts of pushes aimed at the ground, he slowed his descent, and after a few more seconds, he touched down on the floor f the elevator, however, he was now going much slower than the elevator, and he lost his footing and fell forward, smacking good and hard against the walls. "Ow ow ow," he said as he grabbed his head, climbing to his feet once more. "Missed that landing, eh?" Shaking it off, for now, he extended both of his arms, out towards the walls and began telekinetically pushing once more. Because the ceiling of the elevator had been torn off already, he was able manipulate the walls easier because they were free of top restraints and could be pushed snuggly against the wall. Sparks began to fly and loud cries emerged from the elevators steel scraping against the walls of the shaft, but it was bearable because the elevator began slowing down. It wasn't much at first, but as Esteban continued pushing, the faster the 'box' slowed down, until it came screeching to a stop, but this abrupt stop threw Esteban forward against the doors. Esteban looked up, his eyes a semi-permanent red hue, glaring at the machine he had just stopped. "The hold will break if I don't hurry," he said as he climbed to his feet once more. He took a stance away from the doors a few paces, and began telekinectically pulling on them. At first they didn't give, but after a few moments, Esteban could hear them breaking free of their restrainst and they bent open enough to allow him through. But on the other side, were another set of doors, which was both good and bad. It meant he was at a floor, but it was bad because he could feel the elevator starting to slide forward again. "One more," he gasped, running out of breath due to the inactivity of his powers use. He placed his hands together, almost touching but not quite, and began focusing on the space between them. Power began to well up inside. Esteban looked forward and thrust his hands towards the doors. It was like a small tornado hit them, because the doors went flying forward, but simultaneously, the force shook the elevator, jiggling it free and it slowly began falling again. With a quick, telekinetic burst, Esteban leapt over the as it fell away and rolled into the safety of the room coming to a stop on one knee.

((New Powers Revealed. Telekinetic Push and Pull))  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 pm
Rowen, having left the elevator first, found himself both closer to the monster then he wanted to be, and farther from Die then he wanted to be. Pulling his wings in, he dropped a number of feet until he was at the woman's side, and extended his wings as much as he had to in order to stay by her side. Looking down, he watched Esteban's antics, absentmindedly reaching into his pocket to pull out a juice box and open it.

"Huh. We gonna catch up with him?" He looked up at her, and sipped the juice thoughtfully. "And while the guy in the library seems to have vanished off to someplace less interesting, I still hold to the motion that we should have a census done of this place."

The young man looked up, and frowned, still drinking the juice. "A very resilient census taker... What was that about, anyway? Or should we go accompany our visitor, and discuss it later?"

Rowen McNeill

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 pm
((Uh, my new post just showed up at the top of page 47, followed by older posts. Not quite sure what is going on here, but I'm gonna leave it be for the time being, and see if Gaia straightens itself out at some point. If not, I'll try to re-post it... I just want people to know that I did in fact post...))  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games