Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 2596 2597 2598 2599 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:57 am
*sighs* I thought I would be able to read quite a bit of the novel on Google Books. Doesn't look like that's the case. So... that means I'll probably have to go buy it from Borders so I can read the rest of it. Especially since I have barely anything to work with from the actual novel itself.

Anyway... I'm off to eat some lunch. Be back in awhile.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:28 pm
I'm back.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:11 pm
La di da...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:35 pm
I have a feeling I'll do just fine writing this essay, once I finish reading the rest of the book. *sighs* And yet again, another book that I wouldn't be able to get on my Kindle. Bloody hell...  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:46 pm
When I think back to the books I read as a kid, I did seem to read several detective fiction stories even then. Most of the time it was the Nancy Drew stories. The one Nancy Drew book I remember reading in school for personal interest was "The Mystery of the Fire Dragon." I can still remember the cover of the book.

Who would have thought I would be into detective fiction so much? First Nancy Drew... now Sherlock Holmes... and then reading a Japanese detective fiction novel.

Anyway! I'm heading off for school. Later.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 pm
Good evening everyone.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:51 pm
Today was quite boring. In my English Studies class we get group work of taking an assigned quote from one of the two essay we had read and looking more into it... and between the lines and what not. Due to time, my group wasn't able to present today. So we'll have to present on Wednesday, when our class meets again. And in my 20th/21st C. Lit. class we just finished the movie we had been watching last time... and then my teacher went into some random history discussion. Got a bit boring after awhile. I think everyone was trying to find something to keep themselves awake and entertained as she went on and on about random stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 pm
Probably the only highlight of my day today was having a yummy grilled cheese sandwich ((despite it taking a long time for them to make it... the cafeteria wasn't certainly getting a bit behind on getting food out; after awhile, all of us who ordered stuff started going up to get our food because we got tired of waiting around)) and a pink frosted, red & white sprinkled, heart-shaped sugar cookie.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 pm
*returns from posting at the latest posts in the various forums she consistently posts in*

I've been thinking of printing out new pictures for my wallet. And I'm almost tempted to print that picture of Benedict I found - the most recent one - to be one of the pictures. ^.^; I know I'm weird...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:23 pm
The picture I am talking about:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 pm
I could use the picture to show if I need to use the "boyfriend card," if someone tries to hit on me and doesn't get the clue that I'm not interested. Not that I've encountered such occasions since my time at the school I'm at right now.

But at least I would be prepared if the occasion did occur. Especially since the last guy I used as my "boyfriend card" isn't exactly an option I would feel comfortable using now a days, since he's about to get married later this year and all. Not to mention, there's still the heartaching pain still connected with him since the heartbreaking incident. *sighs* Yeah... I had used my crush of the time as my "boyfriend card." But when I used the "card," he was single at the time... and I thought there was going to be something happening between us and all. But obviously that didn't happen, as you can tell.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 pm
Anyway! Back to Benedict.

The way the photo is taken is looks more civilian-like, than a celebrity-like photo. Sort of reminds me of those High School Senior photoshoot styling in a way. So... it wouldn't be too far-fetched to use the particular picture. *shrugs*  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 pm
I still have to figure out what other pictures I want to use to replace the old ones. So, I'll figure it all out when I get the time to do it. Not sure when that will be though. Especially since most of my time will be taken up writing the various assignments for my classes, between CRs, Book Reviews, and starting essays that will be due in a few weeks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 pm
I was reading more of the Black Skins White Mask book today during my break between classes, after I had dinner. Chapter 5 is certainly much more interesting to read than the first 4 chapters. Right now I think I'm going to be orienting my first essay for the class (20th/21st C. Lit.) around that chapter. It basically covers most of what Fanon is trying to get across in it. So... yeah.

Based on my classmates' opinions on the book, especially those that have already read ahead beyond where I am, the rest of the book is just as boring as the first four chapters. *sighs*  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:41 pm
Ah... excellent! I was able to find the recipe for the particular dish that Benedict learns to make during the cooking portion of his interview on Something For The Weekend. It looked fairly easy to make on the show - and my Mom asked if I was going to make it for them [Dad and her] now - so, I wanted to find the recipe, so I can do so when I find the time to do so.

Parsi (or Parsee) Eggs  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 2596 2597 2598 2599 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games