Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:09 pm
Perhaps I was compelled for the action in the movie at first; I was younger, I'll admit that, but after wanting to play FF7, I converted to trying to understand the storyline: from not even having finished the game, it was truly a letdown. xD

And I agree: all the freaking guys look like women (and are actually COSPLAYED by them!!) You can't take anime, put it in reality, and expect it to feel right. As cool as it looks, it's what Bio and I would call a mind-F**k... lol Honestly, what's this world come to?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:35 pm
And the worst part is, they actually standardized it. Now EVERY Final Fantasy game has the same way of designing the characters. That half real half anime, dead girl like looking characters. FFXII had the same style. And from the look of it, that new fighting game, Dissidia?, has the same style too.

Even the new Parasite Eve looks like it's made with the same ugly style.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:42 pm
I wasn't talking about only liking the gameplay in FFVII, I was talking about liking FFVII:AC for the action. Yes, admittedly, it should have a good story to settle the fan base and what not, but that doesn't always have to be the case for enjoying the movie. You don't always have to take into account every single aspect which defines a movie; You could choose to watch it for what appeals to YOU...So, I will watch and I will enjoy Advent Children. As for what you should do about the other pieces in the compilation, just do what you do with RE4: ignore it. Final Fantasy VII is a great game, many people are either with it or against it. What you have to realize is that from a stand view, it really defined a whole generation and paved the way for more to come, so it would be no mistake in thinking that they would want to continue the style that revolutionized the genre for future installments...It's what they did from I-VI, so...Get N or get OUT!!! I don't mind it, as long as the visuals are appealing...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:49 pm
But they aren't. The guys look like girls, and they all look dead. How is that appealing?
And whoring out remakes the way they did is just wrong. Some things are meant to be preserved in their original form.
The original Star Wars trilogy is a perfect example of how things shouldn't be updated with new graphics and crap like that.
FF7 should've been left alone. Actually, it's the perfect example. Final Fantasy VII is the original Star Wars trilogy of video games, and Square-Enix are doing what George Lucas did. They're whoring it out and bastardizing it.

And yes, I do what I did with RE4. I'm not acknowledging any of the horrible spinoffs they made. But like with RE4 and RE5, I'm still gonna voice my opinion about it. They've bastardized something I cared about.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:40 pm
Sorry, can't help but be reminded of all those Twilight arguments going on in the Halloween forum. rofl

I just got to level 8, and I would like to join the vampires next for some of the items, but I don't want to deal with the fangirls. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:41 pm
Twilight?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:57 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Twilight?

You've never heard of Twilight?

Here's someone's take on the first book:

http://buttfacemakani.livejournal.com/281619.html#cutid1

I haven't read it myself, but my husband read the first two, likes them, and wants me to read them. I think I should check out the first so I can honestly say that I don't like it. From what I've heard it's really bastardized vampires (along with it's disgusting fangirls). They've become TEH PRETTEH SPARKLEH VAMPIRES WITH PROBLEMS.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:13 pm
Yea, but I'm sure they don't try to jam themselves into the same canon as... Say... Bram Stoker's Dracula, or anything else good.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:23 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yea, but I'm sure they don't try to jam themselves into the same canon as... Say... Bram Stoker's Dracula, or anything else good.

I have no clue. XD

Someone in a topic tried telling the fangirls about Nosferatu...

They had no clue who he was. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:24 pm
Bastardizing LMAO!!! I respect your opinion, but I'm going to remain with the fact that I like the visuals, and don't care about concerning my opinions on games that I don't believe even exist...Ha ha, I could care less about Star Wars...

Bought my PS2, got three games...

I. Kingdom Hearts: Ugh, I haven't had the sensation of instantly falling in love with a game in a LONG while...And it hurts so good, which is why I say UGH!!! I'm so glad I finally have the chance of playing it!!! I've been wanting to ever since I've seen that awe inspiring trailer many years ago...

II. Devil May Cry: Pretty sweet game play and visuals, but the action and story better rapidly progress or I may just lose interest...

III. Twisted Metal Black: Reminds me of the good ol' days...I love the feeling of nostalgia...Definitely worth the 4 bucks ha ha...  

King of Paradise

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:43 pm
I liked the second KH more than the first. Both are pretty good, and the Disney/Square concept is interesting (I never imagined something like that would happen).

I've only played a demo of the first DMC, but it was fun.

Then for Twisted Metal...I've never played any of them. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:57 pm
I'm honestly I'm gonna say I've read three of four of the Twilight books because of my wife. It doesn't try to jam itself into the same canon type as Bram Stoker's Dracula, but it has bastardized vampires for the new generation. Now when people, well mainly teenagers, from about 13 on up, associate vampires with Twilight. Not Dracula. So what they believe it be a vampire is someone of extreme beauty, with skin as cold as ice, hard as stone, no fangs and when they go into sunlight they don't burst into flames. or nothing like that. They ******** sparkle.
For some odd reason, the fans of this book series are much more violent than those of Harry Potter.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:10 pm
Stranger to Paradise
Bastardizing LMAO!!! I respect your opinion, but I'm going to remain with the fact that I like the visuals, and don't care about concerning my opinions on games that I don't believe even exist...Ha ha, I could care less about Star Wars...

Bought my PS2, got three games...

I. Kingdom Hearts: Ugh, I haven't had the sensation of instantly falling in love with a game in a LONG while...And it hurts so good, which is why I say UGH!!! I'm so glad I finally have the chance of playing it!!! I've been wanting to ever since I've seen that awe inspiring trailer many years ago...

II. Devil May Cry: Pretty sweet game play and visuals, but the action and story better rapidly progress or I may just lose interest...

III. Twisted Metal Black: Reminds me of the good ol' days...I love the feeling of nostalgia...Definitely worth the 4 bucks ha ha...

Twisted Metal Black, huh? Well, at least you have ONE game with some integrity.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:13 pm
VAMPIRES DO NOT SPARKLE.

KTHNXBAI.

So thats how I feel about Twilight.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:16 pm
Unless it's like... A Richard Simmons vampire.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games