Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Elaineybrainey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:28 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Elaineybrainey
I can't hardly see how Anderson could have done a worse job of ruining the storyline, he put in an entirely new character that had nothing to do with the original storyline of Resident Evil.

Elaineybrainey
Degeneration was not really an important asset to the plot line but it was a cool movie to watch and didn't interfere with the storyline.

And just how is Anderson interfering with the storyline? Anderson's movies happen in their own universe that has nothing to do with the events in the games. So there's nothing wrong with taking plot liberties, since it's not supposed to be following the games.

Elaineybrainey
At least Capcom never added any characters to Umbrella Chronicles.

Wait, wait, wait... WHAAAAT?????

What about this douchebag?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Crap I forgot about Vlad. But he was only in the side story that was never in Remake, that remake never showed.

And he so totally does interfere with the storyline! Jill and Carlos never had a T-virus infected wannabe epic b***h bossing them around. They are good movies, and i would watch them constantly if they would just make up their own goddamn plot.

And which genius came up with the idea to turn nemesis good? that's what pissed me off in Degeneration, when they made Curtis Miller turn good.
extinction was good. the first one was good. but apocalypse failed.

Maybe i am just too crtical.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:45 pm
Well, that's even worse, though. That's like saying, "You didn't see Sergei in Remake, but secretly he was there, and he was interfering with the stuff you don't see." And frankly, when playing Remake, I don't even wanna think that there's some idiot doing stuff behind the scenes. If you play Rebecca's scenario in UC, she watches out the window as Sergei steals TALOS from the lab... Which is to say, "TALOS started out at the Arklay laboratory, and the reason you didn't see him was because Sergei took him away before Jill and Chris got there. But he WAS supposed to be there.
That's the worst kind of interfering.

Alice doesn't interfere with the game storyline at all.
It's not like Anderson said, "Instead of playing RE3, watch Apocalypse, because it's the same thing."
It's not, we all know it's not. I mean, you can play RE3, and Alice isn't in it, so that obviously doesn't interfere with it. Since none of the movies are not following the game storyline, so as a result, they don't interfere. Because, you can hate Alice, you can say she's a crappy character, but when you go to play the games, Alice isn't there, so she had no effect on the games at all. So it's nothing to worry about.

And even watching Resident Evil 1, right off the bat... The very first words in the whole movie are, "At the beginning of the 21st century" which means after the year 2000, which means not in 1998, so it's already not consistent with the games. It's its own storyline.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elaineybrainey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:51 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, that's even worse, though. That's like saying, "You didn't see Sergei in Remake, but secretly he was there, and he was interfering with the stuff you don't see." And frankly, when playing Remake, I don't even wanna think that there's some idiot doing stuff behind the scenes. If you play Rebecca's scenario in UC, she watches out the window as Sergei steals TALOS from the lab... Which is to say, "TALOS started out at the Arklay laboratory, and the reason you didn't see him was because Sergei took him away before Jill and Chris got there. But he WAS supposed to be there.
That's the worst kind of interfering.

Alice doesn't interfere with the game storyline at all.
It's not like Anderson said, "Instead of playing RE3, watch Apocalypse, because it's the same thing."
It's not, we all know it's not. I mean, you can play RE3, and Alice isn't in it, so that obviously doesn't interfere with it. Since none of the movies are not following the game storyline, so as a result, they don't interfere. Because, you can hate Alice, you can say she's a crappy character, but when you go to play the games, Alice isn't there, so she had no effect on the games at all. So it's nothing to worry about.

And even watching Resident Evil 1, right off the bat... The very first words in the whole movie are, "At the beginning of the 21st century" which means after the year 2000, which means not in 1998, so it's already not consistent with the games. It's its own storyline.

All that i am saying is that when Capcom put Sergei into UC they were just showing some back story as to what Wesker did before the explosion and such. Anderson just plopped Alice into the middle of the re3 plotline, so what i should say is that Anderson didn't interfere with the storyline, he misrepresented it with someone who the creators of re3 never intended to be there. Don't get me wrong, the special effects were great, and it was a good movie to watch, but i don't feel that Jill, Carlos, OR Nicholai should have been put into the movie.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:01 pm
Well, first of all, by doing that, Capcom ruined a lot of the mystery behind Wesker. And second, Sergei was a terrible character a his lame backstory. And now that character and that backstory is a part of the game storyline forever.
If someone doesn't like the RE movies, they don't have to watch them. If you don't watch the movies, you're not gonna miss out on the game storyline.
But if they make one horrible game, and you stay away from it, you're missing out on a chunk of the game storyline. And even if you want to ignore it, it will be brought up in the future titles. So you either have to play the crappy games or skip parts of the storyline.
Or, like me, you have to give up on the games altogether.

Besides, you might say he misrepresented it. But, aside from a couple of things, like the lasers, the movies have everything the games did: T-Virus, Umbrella, Zombies... Although Alice herself wasn't in the games... They do have a super human with a virus in him: Wesker. So it's not like the general concept of Alice was something that the games didn't have.

Meanwhile, you get stuff like Reisdent Evil 4... Someone who never played Resident Evil plays that game, and says, "Oh, so that's what Resident Evil is all about!"
THAT'S misrepresenting.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elaineybrainey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, first of all, by doing that, Capcom ruined a lot of the mystery behind Wesker. And second, Sergei was a terrible character a his lame backstory. And now that character and that backstory is a part of the game storyline forever.
If someone doesn't like the RE movies, they don't have to watch them. If you don't watch the movies, you're not gonna miss out on the game storyline.
But if they make one horrible game, and you stay away from it, you're missing out on a chunk of the game storyline. And even if you want to ignore it, it will be brought up in the future titles. So you either have to play the crappy games or skip parts of the storyline.
Or, like me, you have to give up on the games altogether.

Besides, you might say he misrepresented it. But, aside from a couple of things, like the lasers, the movies have everything the games did: T-Virus, Umbrella, Zombies... Although Alice herself wasn't in the games... They do have a super human with a virus in him: Wesker. So it's not like the general concept of Alice was something that the games didn't have.

Meanwhile, you get stuff like Reisdent Evil 4... Someone who never played Resident Evil plays that game, and says, "Oh, so that's what Resident Evil is all about!"
THAT'S misrepresenting.

I agree with you about Re4, obviously.
And I disliked Sergei's involvement with UC. So that's kinda all i have to say. I still think the first RE movie was kick a**. It was the only one that really scared me. And there are worse representations of Resi than the movies. I think i will watch apocalypse and try to like it tonight.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:16 pm
Well, you don't have to. I mean, I'm glad you're trying.
But you said "The movies. Only thing that could truly ruin RE."
Obviously, there's PLENTY of other things.

Oh, and for the record, they're making two new RE movies. One that'll be a sequel to Extinction. And another one that'll be restarting the whole storyline.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elaineybrainey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:22 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, you don't have to. I mean, I'm glad you're trying.
But you said "The movies. Only thing that could truly ruin RE."
Obviously, there's PLENTY of other things.

Oh, and for the record, they're making two new RE movies. One that'll be a sequel to Extinction. And another one that'll be restarting the whole storyline.

like, starting from re0 or re1?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:49 pm
Elaineybrainey

However if you look really closely at the ending cutscene of Re5 the missile don't even hit Wesker, so if they bring Wesker back i might buy the game.

Actually, someone posted a slowed down video on YouTube. One rocket hits behind him and showers him in lava, and the other actually goes right through his face and explodes. So yeah, Wesker's gone.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Michael Jetfire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:40 pm
... Herpes.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:07 am
Canas Renvall
Elaineybrainey

However if you look really closely at the ending cutscene of Re5 the missile don't even hit Wesker, so if they bring Wesker back i might buy the game.

Actually, someone posted a slowed down video on YouTube. One rocket hits behind him and showers him in lava, and the other actually goes right through his face and explodes. So yeah, Wesker's gone.
Good riddance.
Wesker's been dead since they hired Douglas.  

Biohazard EXTREME

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:54 pm
I've met the new VA for Wesker, he's funny, kept hitting on my friend. Which I gotta tell you, that is a Very strange thing to listen to. Especially when Langdon is doing the same thing.

But the worst thing they could do would be to have them all get married and let thier kids take over. I'd sooner gouge my eyeballs out with toothpicks and eat them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:20 am
xXDarling-ViolettaXx
I've met the new VA for Wesker, he's funny, kept hitting on my friend. Which I gotta tell you, that is a Very strange thing to listen to. Especially when Langdon is doing the same thing.

But the worst thing they could do would be to have them all get married and let thier kids take over. I'd sooner gouge my eyeballs out with toothpicks and eat them.
I'm sure he's a very nice person. But so is my mother, that does not make her the ideal voice actor for Wesker.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:09 am
I'm probably the only one who didn't completely hate the whole Wesker's Children thing. I thought it made the whole Wesker's resurrection thing a little less contrived than it already was... that's not saying much, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:29 am
Thee Stranger
I'm probably the only one who didn't completely hate the whole Wesker's Children thing. I thought it made the whole Wesker's resurrection thing a little less contrived than it already was... that's not saying much, though.
Well, I know very little about it. But frankly, I'm afraid to find out more.
See no Resident Evil, hear no Resident Evil, speak no Resident Evil.  

Biohazard EXTREME

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces