Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:06 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
It's not a war, if he agrees with me.

Agrees on what? I have to know what your opinion was on the movie to be able to argue my standing. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:54 pm
Vankala
NotteRequiem
Vankala - Omg.. I have a friend in choir who has the sexiest curly hair on the face of the planet. She hates it, but we're all like "dont' straighten it!!" Haha, I should upload a picture of me when I was an ankle biter... my hair used to curl itself into these huge banana curls... it was great for my dance recitals.

Lol, if you want, I could send you a pic of me and my curls. I'm kinda iffy about posting it here. Now, if i was as pretty as you are, I definitely wouldn't mind posting of pic of myself here. wink

Sure, you can send me a pic! Oh geez, you've gotta be gorgeous! The only thing pretty about me is my face (and my FIERCE makeup skillz, yo). But sure, send away, I want to be in envy of your curls!  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:00 pm
Mjolnir The Hammer
Biohazard EXTREME

Agrees on what? I have to know what your opinion was on the movie to be able to argue my standing. :3

That maybe true.
Basically, I believe it's the most overrated movie of the year, by far. It wasn't a BAD movie, but it wasn't an amazing movie either. And when I say amazing, I mean like... On the level with Terminator 2, which, let's face it, was one amazing action movie.
The Dark Knight had something no other superhero movie has: An extra hour of dialogue. Which doesn't necessarily make the story better. Frankly, I thought it dragged a bit.
Point is, it wasn't brilliant. It was a good movie. Worthy of a sequel to Batman Begins. But it wasn't a work of brilliance deserving to be acclaimed the best movie of the year. The effects were good. The acting was good. The action wasn't bad. But none of those things were far and beyond amazing on anyone's part.
So like I said. Good movie, but way overrated.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Mjolnir The Hammer
Biohazard EXTREME

That maybe true.
Basically, I believe it's the most overrated movie of the year, by far. It wasn't a BAD movie, but it wasn't an amazing movie either. And when I say amazing, I mean like... On the level with Terminator 2, which, let's face it, was one amazing action movie.
The Dark Knight had something no other superhero movie has: An extra hour of dialogue. Which doesn't necessarily make the story better. Frankly, I thought it dragged a bit.
Point is, it wasn't brilliant. It was a good movie. Worthy of a sequel to Batman Begins. But it wasn't a work of brilliance deserving to be acclaimed the best movie of the year. The effects were good. The acting was good. The action wasn't bad. But none of those things were far and beyond amazing on anyone's part.
So like I said. Good movie, but way overrated.

This should be easy to tell with all the Joker costumes popping up all over.

And I'm getting REALLLLLLY sick of Joker fans who beat "Why so serious?" into the ground.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:11 pm
Oh, believe me, I know how you feel. Every time I see someone wear the "Why so serious?" T-Shirt, I just wanna give them one good slap... You know, good enough to cause internal bleeding and perhaps make them lose a few teeth.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:18 pm
A punch and a stab? mrgreen

It's the "THIS IS SPARTA" of 2008. Odd thing is I never grew tired of that one. Maybe because there were actually some funny captions and edits of it. confused  

MadamTarantula

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:21 pm
I'll be honest. I'm getting tired of all the Joker Costumes and the "Why so Serious" captions...

Except for my friend Mike, who I helped with his costume. It's so authentic, it's nuts.

But otherwise, meh, they're all posers.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:27 pm
If it's a good costume, something time and effort was put into and shows, then they're not so bad/annoying.

I remember seeing two really great Jack and Davy Jones cosplayers at the premiere of the third Pirates movie at a local movie theatre. They even had a fake swordfight in the lobby. smile  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:29 pm
Well, yeah, with "This Is Sparta" people liked it out of context. It was meant to be this intense moment of anger. People liked to make fun of it.
With "Why so serious" people don't make fun of it. They're all like, "Heath Ledger played a genius role. The Joker is dark and disturbed." Maybe in that Goth sort of way. But, since when are goths considered cool again? Did I miss the comeback of goths?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:36 pm
Dark Knight Joker...Goth? rofl

If there's ever a "goth comeback", it will be done by undesirable people. Like what hipsters did with 80's clothing (and created that hideous "Nu Rave" fashion genre) and now with Grunge (I bet they would've been caught dead wearing that when it was originally worn).

Good lord I ******** hate hipsters. No, I DESPISE(/wesker) them. evil  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 pm
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of how bell bottoms and platform shoes made a comeback at the end of the 90's. But the end of 1990's was a pretty terrible time anyway. When it comes to pop culture, I mean. bad movies, bad fashions... The only thing that was good (in fact, the BEST) at the end of 1990s, were video games.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:48 pm
I liked the late 90's culture, but I'll definitely agree on the video games. It makes me wish I was older so I could've played a lot of the great games that were out at the time, especially during the Playstation's golden year, 1998 (I didn't get one until xmas that year, nor was I really into gaming until then.). crying  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:50 pm
Yeah, but they sold all the best PS1 games well into the year 2000. Heck, I found a brand new copy of RE2 for sale in 2001. Which was totally awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:55 pm
True, but '98 tends to get called it's best year by magazines.

Holy crap, and sealed games can go for a lot on ebay! Did you ever buy it???  

MadamTarantula

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:01 pm
NotteRequiem
Vankala
NotteRequiem
Vankala - Omg.. I have a friend in choir who has the sexiest curly hair on the face of the planet. She hates it, but we're all like "dont' straighten it!!" Haha, I should upload a picture of me when I was an ankle biter... my hair used to curl itself into these huge banana curls... it was great for my dance recitals.

Lol, if you want, I could send you a pic of me and my curls. I'm kinda iffy about posting it here. Now, if i was as pretty as you are, I definitely wouldn't mind posting of pic of myself here. wink

Sure, you can send me a pic! Oh geez, you've gotta be gorgeous! The only thing pretty about me is my face (and my FIERCE makeup skillz, yo). But sure, send away, I want to be in envy of your curls!

aww man i want curls....>_> *cough*  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games