Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:29 pm
There are so many games I haven't had the pleasure of playing....

Notte, what do I do? *looks around helplessly
gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:16 am
Mjlonir, so many games you haven't played? Let's begin by analyzing which RE games you haven't yet played (Chronicles, and RE4 aside), and we'll guide you from there. biggrin

Then, it's on to Silent Hill, if you haven't played those already. Or, you could ask Bio about Metal Gear (I need to finish the Silent Hill series before I move on to Metal Gear).

Hmmm... Then there's Parasite Eve (Please start with 1. It's my favorite, and even though Parasite Eve 2 was a fun and interesting game, I still loved the first one better).

biggrin  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:35 am
ok after long delay, because I was getting event items here is th code thingy that won't let my demotivational poster show up
[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r60/Alakizer87/Motivation posters/motivator3551810.jpg[/IMG]

I seriously don't know why it won't work.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:55 am
That's weird... It should work... Try getting rid of the Code box.

And hey! Why is Hammer asking Notte for advice on gaming? If it wasn't for me, she would never even have played the Silent Hill series.  

Biohazard EXTREME

[Le S h i t]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:25 am
LULZ I'M HERE.
Sorry I left for like... ever. neutral
But, I'm here now, if you missed me.

One to the topic. I'm just going to add on to what Notte said. <3

Yes, Silent Hill is good, and Resident Evil is obviously good in my opinion if I'm here. Last week I was sick-and I still am now- so I stayed home and played Silent Hill Three. Amazing game, if you ask me.I beat it within three nights, just because I like, stayed up until six every night. XD

I'm not sure about the other Silent Hill's, but I heard that the second was the best. Just because Pyramid Head comes out randomly. XD

And, I never played the other one. surprised

And Bio, if you'd never told Notte to play, than I never would've played SH, so I thank you for that. XD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 am
@Bio: I am a fan of the more darker toned Terminator, but T2 was an incredible, blockbuster sequel. Now, I have already voiced my opinion on the Dark Knight being overrated, but I hope you just didn't compare it to RE4 in a stand-point of sales and quality, because the Dark Knight, though overrated, is also worthy of an Oscar, if you ask me, which totally dismisses that argument overboard...Don't get me wrong, I don't think it deserved ALL the damn attention it got, but it really wasn't lacking in quality what-SO-ever. It is a rather well done movie, but not by any means Titanic standards bwahahaha. Not like RE4, that is...

I just bought MGS 2 and 3 for my PS2, so I'ma finally gonna play it after I'm done with KH and DMC.  

King of Paradise

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:39 am
Biohazard EXTREME
That's weird... It should work... Try getting rid of the Code box.

And hey! Why is Hammer asking Notte for advice on gaming? If it wasn't for me, she would never even have played the Silent Hill series.

It won't work. I've already tried that, when it shows the preview it's blank, and when I actually did submit it was really blank.completely

Edit: I'll post it in the demotivational contest again.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:40 am
@Le s**t: Um... Yes, Silent Hill 2 is the best, but Pyramid Head had nothing to do with it. It's the best because of the storyline, and the amount of symbolism in that game. It's like playing one giant piece of surrealist painting that can be interpreted in a million different ways.

@SoP: What about it is worthy of an Oscar? Okay, so it's not lacking in quality what-SO-ever... But I could say the same thing about Iron Man, or The Incredible Hulk, or even Death Race. Like I said, the only difference is Dark Knight had an extra hour of dialogue. And yes, it was all dark and broody. But that's hardly grounds for an Oscar.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:45 am
So yeah it work, it's jsut...well I think it's a bit too big....should I still submit it?

edit: Also I agree with Bio on the Oscar qualifying thing. I just got slightly annoyed when they would talk over and over. though the the way he uses the radar thingy in the big building to find joker is cool, nothing else really impressed me...wait, killing off the useless heroine was cool. Man that movie was long.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:54 am
I don't know why you're having problem with the image, but, try posting it. If it shows up, it's all good. Size doesn't matter.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:57 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I don't know why you're having problem with the image, but, try posting it. If it shows up, it's all good. Size doesn't matter.
I'm just afraid of getting Ashley points for the picture.

edit: Ok posted, also I wish I knew some game stores over here that sell old ones. I would like to play RE Survivor....though I would have to play it in Japanese....  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:04 am
Why would you have to play it in Japanese?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:12 am
Bio: I presume you saw last years Oscar winner, yes? What was it? Oh yeah, No Country for Old Men...Such a great movie with a great title based off a great poem...Now, let's really delve into what that movie had that made it so great (and Oscar worthy)...Let's see...An extra hour of well written and delivered dialogue, check...Raw and realistic action, check...Great acting from the hero and especially the villain, check...Hmm, that reminds me of a certain movie, but I just can't quite put my hand on it...Oh YEAAAAAH!!! What makes it any different, please, really explain....And don't count in the fact that it got all this superb undeserving attention (I don't deny it deserved attention, but not THAT much), just take into account only the movie by itself...

Oh, and...
Iron Man lacked in the: "An extra hour of well written and delivered dialogue" category.
The Incredible Hulk lacked in the: Well, I personally like The Incredible Hulk, but it still lacked in story delving...
Death Race lacked in the: "An extra hour of well written and delivered dialogue" and "Great acting from the hero and especially the villain" categories.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 am
I live in Taiwan. Over here if they play video games, unless it's a pc game or has a Chinese and English option on it, it's most likely Japanese. Like for example Dynasty Warriors over here is Japanese, whether you buy the real version, or download it from the internet, it's all the same. the only reason why some people over here can play Japanese games is because Japanese kanji derives from Chinese characters. however, they don't always use kanji. Most of the time if they don't get what it says they look it at a walkthrough online to see what the Japanese says.

edit: So what do you think about my demotivational poster?  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:41 am
Well, to be fair, I haven't seen No Country for Old Men, so I can't really comment on it.
But it won Best Achievement in Directing, Best Motion Picture of the Year, Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role; and Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published.

Okay, it's possible it might win Best Achievement in Directing, because the director achieved such success. But assuming that's what they base it on, they might as well call it the "Popularity Award."

But anything other than that? I don't really feel like anyone in Dark Knight displayed a truly amazing piece of acting. Yes, the acting was good. Good and solid. But I could say the same thing about any other movie I mentioned. There was nothing extremely outstanding about the acting in Dark Knight.

It was obviously not based on any material previously published, so that's out.

As for Best Motion Picture of the Year... Well, I'm really not sure how they decide that. I mean, I'd say Best Motion Picture would be the one that was most enjoyable. But I really don't think that extra hour of dialogue was all that enjoyable.

Now, here's the thing. If it was well written and well acted... And when I say 'well', I mean good enough for an Oscar... If it was, then I'd be looking forward to dialogue more than the action. But watching Dark Knight, I... And obviously I'm not the only one... Felt like it dragged. Not as much as some movies, but there were definitely several instances where I said, "Okay, when's the next action sequence?"
I watch a lot of movies. Many of them are drama films, meaning they revolve around a serious storyline and focus mostly on dialogue. And when it's Oscar Worthy, I want to hear more. Was this really the case with Dark Knight?

The only awards I can see it winning are Best Makeup, Best Costume Design, maybe Best Visual Effects, and that would only be for that Hopsital blowing up. That was the only scene that made me go, "Wow..."

But I wouldn't say that the Dark Knight's dialogue, acting or storyline were anything unique and worthy of an Oscar.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games