Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:55 am
mymiridon
[Bab! Co.]
mymiridon
[Bab! Co.]
mymiridon
i wonder if it's true that we get dumber as we get older? eek

To me, I get smarter as I get older because I learn more. xp

but don't you forget?

In America there's a show called "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?"
I have yet to see someone win.

Haha, I watched that! And we'll my memory is quite good as I'm still young, so I don't remember everything, but I remember most... 3nodding Like stuff get's into my head and stays there forever if I like it...like math~learn it once, get it...but like english, I dislike it, so nothing gets in my head when I learn english...people learn better in fun/interesting learning, like science too... mrgreen Teachers also affect learning, like even though your favorite subject is art, but you really dislike your teacher because you feel him/her is like aways having something against you and very picky about your artwork, makes you feel like you don't want to do art anymore, even though its your favorite. <--Watched on chinese channel. rofl

EDIT: @789: LOL, but how do I know if the answers were right or not? Bigwoop~just can't accept I got higher than you? razz

ARt teachers are fickle and prone to mood swings. you'll figure out later that it's not you they're against, it's prolly the whole world.

rofl My art teacher is a lesbian, she admits it, so weird, she tells the class like her life story of even becoming lesbian. xd Though the only thing i like about her is that she's easy...EasyA...but always so picky about your artwork...she makes it her own. @_@  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bah.

It says:
(During the test, you must read and respond to a total of 38 statements in thirteen minutes or less. If you take longer, you will be penalized, or if you get through the test in less time than thirteen minutes, your score will be increased.)

So if you've already done it once, it'd be faster, non?

Edit: And I'm pretty sure Are you smarter than a fifth grader is rigged. xD

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:30 pm
t0shi0
Bah.

It says:
(During the test, you must read and respond to a total of 38 statements in thirteen minutes or less. If you take longer, you will be penalized, or if you get through the test in less time than thirteen minutes, your score will be increased.)

So if you've already done it once, it'd be faster, non?

Edit: And I'm pretty sure Are you smarter than a fifth grader is rigged. xD

Yes. But how much of a difference do you think it will make still I doubt you will drop like 10 score...I bet you only gain about 5...or so and besides...I took the test around 9:45 (when I stated 'I'm re-doing it) then finished around 10:06 (when I posted my score) and also~I didn't go any faster by much...because I had to read the questions again, its not like i memorized them from like 2 days ago. neutral 3nodding

EDIT: I'm sure the show is rigged too... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- couldn't care less about the IQ thing anymore -

-_______________-;;;;;;;;

The test probably isn't accurate =P

` T a p i o c a `

mewonthefreeway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:17 pm
I don't think there is a most accurate way to 'measure' your IQ....They have weird tests, but still....those don't prove much..probably a percentile thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:55 pm
I definitley think the IQ test is rigged. It didn't test out every single area of thinking that your brain can possibly do, like spatial or logic problems. Plus if you redo it again of course you'll get a higher IQ. I could probably get in the high 150s if I do it again.  

Minielf

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:05 pm
[Bab! Co.]
mymiridon
[Bab! Co.]
mymiridon
[Bab! Co.]
mymiridon
i wonder if it's true that we get dumber as we get older? eek

To me, I get smarter as I get older because I learn more. xp

but don't you forget?

In America there's a show called "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?"
I have yet to see someone win.

Haha, I watched that! And we'll my memory is quite good as I'm still young, so I don't remember everything, but I remember most... 3nodding Like stuff get's into my head and stays there forever if I like it...like math~learn it once, get it...but like english, I dislike it, so nothing gets in my head when I learn english...people learn better in fun/interesting learning, like science too... mrgreen Teachers also affect learning, like even though your favorite subject is art, but you really dislike your teacher because you feel him/her is like aways having something against you and very picky about your artwork, makes you feel like you don't want to do art anymore, even though its your favorite. <--Watched on chinese channel. rofl

EDIT: @789: LOL, but how do I know if the answers were right or not? Bigwoop~just can't accept I got higher than you? razz

ARt teachers are fickle and prone to mood swings. you'll figure out later that it's not you they're against, it's prolly the whole world.

rofl My art teacher is a lesbian, she admits it, so weird, she tells the class like her life story of even becoming lesbian. xd Though the only thing i like about her is that she's easy...EasyA...but always so picky about your artwork...she makes it her own. @_@

reminds me of my journalism teacher, except the being lesbian part, but even there (she might've been). My first article for the newspaper, she rewrote the whole thing. And she kept telling us about her dog, and her life. Nobody listens to her though. cool  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:10 pm
Nyoro~n.

Street smart ftw.

xD

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:19 pm
` T a p i o c a `
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- couldn't care less about the IQ thing anymore -

-_______________-;;;;;;;;

The test probably isn't accurate =P

I know you pok guys; making everything so big. lol Ben dan~

@mew: there is an 'close-to-accurate' official test call W something something but dunno where to take it... sweatdrop

@elf: Course...the questions were like gr5... eek Well many...

@mymiridon: XD~~  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:29 pm
Wow.. Babi & I were talking about IQ stuff & then all of a sudden everyone was talking about it. Haha. That's funny. xDD

[.Mihiko-chan.]

mewonthefreeway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:58 pm
Spreads like wildfire juice on a carpet  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:34 pm
[.Mihiko-chan.]
Wow.. Babi & I were talking about IQ stuff & then all of a sudden everyone was talking about it. Haha. That's funny. xDD

Yeah. lol  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:46 am

Hmm.
Last time Sin checked,
Her IQ was the same as B&B's.
And apparently, 12o is average.

And talking about quizzes,
There's the BBC website which has all these science quizzes.
eg. Your Brain Sex.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Babi - Say what? D=
Pok guys? Ben dan? Speak english please..? o(.____.)O;;;;;;

Sin - Ah good old BBC x]

` T a p i o c a `

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:09 am
Making everything so big?

I know you did Babi.

Thanks for admitting that. C:

Sin's test tells me I'm not very empathetic.

;____;

Ah well. I knew that. xD

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games