Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Banning - What about the rare items? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Idea?
  Absolutely!
  Kind of...
  Not at all (please explain)
  Oh hell, i don't know x_x
View Results

Bikki Kobayashi II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:23 am
I agree compleatly when what was stated. I was a ban victiem and no longer have right to my orginal name at all.

I also think it is a waste to keep the banned account and have the accounts keep their items. It isn't like anyone is using them anymore really. So its compleatly pointless to have them keep them.

One reason if that my first Bikki Kobayashi had between 10 or 20+ MCs not inluding two thankyou letters of one month  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:39 pm
thats...actually a good idea!  

CoryDane

Droflecopter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:12 pm
Agreed!
Not to everything, like we should keep inactive accounts because there could be certain situations that might not let the person log back on, but I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:48 pm
Hmmmm...you know what would help keep this from continuing to get worse?

Non-perma-b&

CLmaster

Everchanging Earth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:22 pm
User Image
Lanzer mentioned that developers were working on a way to recycle the usernames of banned and abandoned/inactive accounts in one of the Ask the Admin threads. (Stalk his posts, you'll find it eventually) He also mentioned that they were working on a way for inactive users to get there accounts and stuff back if they decided to come back. Maybe you could PM him or suggest your item idea in the Ask the Admin thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:27 pm
Stir Fried Muffin
I believe that Banning, in large part, contributes to prices skyrocketing for rare items. When someone is Banned, sometimes they have ridiculously good items... Since that person can never access their account, why just keep it there to look pretty?

In my opinion, after a certain amount of time, the profile, name and everything should be deleted so that other, current users can use those names, and the items should be confiscated and redistributed via giftbox, or even daily chance, giveaways or drawings to spice things up. Given, prices probably will not go down(which would take care of the fact that some people like the challenge), but at least there will be more of them to go around.

Plus, people quit and don't give their items away. Possibly, after a certain amount of time (maybe two or more years) that account should be deleted. (There are also a lot of accounts that are made just for a certain purpose and then abandoned... like bots and things)

So what do you all think? Keep in mind, this is my opinion, and i want to know yours. Please respect everyone else's opinions as well.

Do you feel the same? Why or why not? What are some other solutions to this problem?

EDIT: Yes, i understand some people leave and then come back.

EDIT 2: Since so many people keep bringing up not deleting accounts that haven't been used, i struck out the majority of that point... please no longer comment on people who are inactive.

Also, i also understand that Mods say there is no way to delete accounts. HOWEVER, i will not accept this becuase there is always a way to do that, and they say they can't (possibly) because of the fact accounts are tied with forums... If you take an example of myspace, accounts are deleted and there is a message saying it no longer exists. The message itself doesn't have to be deleted, but the profile picture maybe should say that it doesn't exist any longer... thus, solving the problem.
I deff. agree!  

cOkE mAcHiNe QuEen

jrc150

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:37 pm
I think that is someone is banned, and I don't mean that they're going away for a bit, I mean BANNED, then their items and user name should be deleted for other peeps to use. but Gaia should keep the e-mail in memory so that that person can't make another user.

If someone is going to be gone from Gaia for some amount of time, then Gaia should have it so that that person can say "I will be gone for 3 months". that way Gaia won't delete their account.

I think it would be cool if on Gaia instead of always being online or offline, we could be away like when you instant messaging you can say away.

yup.............that's all i gots to say about that for now...............................  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:19 pm
They can't delete accounts because it ******** with the entire gaian system.

Even if they did, that wouldn't help the price inflations because the items would vanish with the deletion of the account. They can't delete just one aspect of the account, they have to delete all the aspects.

Xyloid

irave with rainbows

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:01 am
my friend was banned thanks to a hacker and she lost 2mil + of items thats why im here and yes i agree with everything you just said blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:29 am
I find this a great idea of yours
and I also like the extra status idea that jrcl50 suggested a few posts above mine.

freyate

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces