Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MonarchVictim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:54 am
Hello everyone! My name is Amanda but I go by Dust or Jain too. I'm 28 and I live in Texas. I have loved crafts since I was little. My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was 8 and I have done it ever since. I have dabbled in scrapbooking, paper mache, ceramics, jewelry making, drawing, 3d modeling with Blender, collages, cross stitch, and sewing but my main craft is crochet. I have not tried anything with clay yet but it looks like so much fun!

As you can see by my name, I love to make amigurumi and I love the idea of "soft sculptures". After crocheting for 20 years I had never heard of amigurumi until I became pregnant and now I am a stay at home mom to a one year old boy who is just learning to walk so my weakness is definitely time! I have to do most of my crocheting while he is asleep and that seems to be less and less. I am putting all my efforts into making some Christmas gifts for the next two months but I would like to participate in the themes after that.

My mother passed away recently and I am happy to have found this place where I can learn and be creative and just be distracted from things sometimes. Fell free to add me to your friends list, I'd love to have some crafty friends! Here is a link to my craft blog. I haven't updated it in a while because I am beta testing Ravelry.com and their system is so much better for keeping a craft blog. But Ravelry will be open to the public soon and then you can see all the things I am making, lol.

Current project: Sushi Roll Scarf! It looks like sushi when you roll it up! I'm about halfway done. I found the pattern online, PM me for the link. Ok, I'll stop talking now.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:02 pm
Hello everyone!

I've been into crafts of all kinds since I was little. This was due to my mom. She was always working on something or other and used to take the time from working on her projects to teach me how to make my own.

I've mainly done embroidery and just recently started trying to make plushies and such. I'm still a beginner. I'm also interested in trying to learn sculpting one day.  

Flustered Cookie

[Pirate Property]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Y HULLO THAR.
I'm Andrea, but you can call me Pirate. :3 I'm 15 (I'm so young... o: ) and I live in the US.
I don't do a ton of art (I joined here so I could get tips & inspiration), but my favorite mediums are Sculpey clay, plain old terra cotta clay, knitting/crocheting, and jewelry making.
I've been crafty as long as I can remember, but I always put academics first and art on the back burner, so I'm a little rusty. x3 Hopefully, I'll get more into things soon. <33

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:09 pm
Hey everyone. You can all just call me Arch or Dave or anything else.

I guess I should start with how I began sculpting.

A long time ago (I'm Seventeen now and this was about when I was nine), I happened to find some type of wax, I'm not sure what it was or how I found it. I just remember finding this red wax-type stuff that was very similar to clay. With it and without much contemplating, I decided to use it to sculpt famous buildings. I made stuff from the Stonehenge, to the golden gate bridge, statue of liberty, Eiffel Tower, etc.

My fifth grade teacher got me into sculpting when she saw I had some affinity for it during a project. She even used her own money to buy me clay and gave it to me, encouraging me to sculpt more. I began working on more complex things, and would sculpt houses literally brick by brick (Which although it did wonders for my patience, I admit it was a pretty inefficient way to do it).

I began to build entire towns, although I never spent more then thirty minutes to an hour on each house. I would make really anything that came to mind. I started to use colored clay and fake grass and plastic water to do things like make entire landscapes to go along with my small cities. But there was a time in my life (Pubescent period) that I saw art as useless, and dropped it completely.

I grew up a bit more, and went back to sculpting. I now spent hours on each project, and still have every last project I did then with me today. I began using wires as supports since my creations were getting bigger (They ranged from about five square centimeters to two square inches in size before). So I sculpted on and off for a while, until recently (recently being about two months ago), when I decided to do other things to become more versatile, not just buildings.

Before now, I saw myself as an architect as much as an artist, but I am rapidly growing better and better with characters and such.

So yea, thats basically my biography. Now for other stuff.

I used to use Sculpey, and plan to still use it for buildings (When I get back to them). But the clay I use now for other things is Premo. I have a small amount of tools, and am trying to find more that would help with finer detail.

Archaedin

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:19 pm
AmigurumiJain
Current project: Sushi Roll Scarf! It looks like sushi when you roll it up! I'm about halfway done. I found the pattern online, PM me for the link. Ok, I'll stop talking now.
That's such a cool idea!

Welcome everyone! Quick reminder, check out the welcome thread for the rule and to pick up sig banners if you want them 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:33 pm

Hi there! heart I'm Chibi / Cheebes / whatever variation you want to come up with.
My real name is Meghan, I'm 18, and I come from the home of plywood and blueroofs Florida. The crappy state.
Clay stuff is just something I recently took up this year, on an attempt to make my friend a clay figure of her Gaia avatar for her birthday. It kinda failed, but oh well. surprised
I made an entire giant cutting boards worth of tiny clay charms (including the food ones I posted recently) for artist alley at an anime convention, to be sold along with prints, but the con got canceled. gonk

I grew up at craft shows. razz
I more do drawings and stuff, and am a graphic design major.
www.chibifaery.deviantart.com

Chibi faery

Anxious Gaian

needs more Desu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:32 pm
Hello Everyone! My name is Stephanie and im a Freshman (2nd year) At the Memphis College of Art. I transfered there from the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), But my Hometown is and will always be Dallas, Texas.

* basic details like your age and country
I'm 19 years old (though I will tell everyone here that im 20 - mostly to weed out the tweens) and I live in Memphis, Tennessee. ^__^
* how long you've been into sculpture and craft:
Longer than most people on Gaia have been alive. lmao
* What got you into it:
I've loved sculpting since Playdoh. for as long as I can remember I have always been into it!
* what you consider your specialties/weaknesses:
Specialties - The more hands on the better. I am also making some serious progress in Wood-work and carving, especially when working with the Mills and Lays.
Weakness:
Plaster Molds and Ceramics. Always break :/
* links to your work:
None at the moment, but I will be sure to get some pictures when I get some stuff to show (most of mine is back home in Texas)

<3 Nice to meet everyone here!! ^__^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:31 am
H'lo all 4laugh

* basic details like your age and country
I am an ancient on Gaia.. 35, my reasons for being on Gaia are that I am a kid at heart and my own children are on here and I felt better about sharing it with them. I live in the US but my heart lives somewhere else.

* how long you've been into sculpture and craft
For as long as I can remember I have been drawing and sculpting and repainting items. I loved play-doh as a child but never really sculpted permanent objects until I was older. Although I remember making a collection of magnetic paper dolls when I was eight.

* what got you started in it
I love miniatures and I was always enchanted by small porcelains my mom had I was always artistic and just naturally began to create my own sculptured minis when found I wanted to go 3d with my drawings.

* what you consider your specialties/weaknesses
Specialties are miniatures, food, dolls and fantasy/sci-fi objects-d'art. I also do freelance art: graphic design and whatever pops up. My weakness is that I am not able to create as actively as I want due to a disability that creates intense nerve pain when I use my hands... this has quite stunted my artistic growth so I am not as proficient as I used to be in any media I work with currently. It is true what they say about practice making perfect and use it or lose it.

* links to your work
Currently I do not have any links I am confident sharing but I do have an old deviantart page if you are curious as to my particular style. I haven't used it in years but it is indicative of my work.
http://www.pneumacat.deviantart.com/ (please be aware that some of my work may be considered adult in nature before you view)

I hope to participate more and have been struggling for years with this disability; hopefully with better medical advice I will be able to create as much as my heart desires and share more recent works with everyone 3nodding

pneumadragonfly

Eleenie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:17 am
Hewwo everyone^^ I'm 19 and live the rural part of Canada. You can just call me Madd it's much easier then Madd Magician anyways >.>

I've been into sculpture since I was like... 6yrs old xD Never had play doh as a kid, saw it in kindergarten and felt it smelt really funny >.> I was give like giant block of plasticine from my great aunt as a gift and it just snowballed from there xD. I now sculpt, sew and bead. I have no idea how to knit and never could really wrap my head around it either xD.

I'm not sure what I'm really good at since I can seem to stick to one thing for more then 20mins before I get bored xD. So I guess a short attention span is my major weakness along with the fact I have no formal training at all in anything xD. Though I do one day hope to be a designer toy manufacturer ^^ I want mah own really high end toy line of these days >.> Either that or a fashion label xD.

I don't really have links other then a photobucket account : / Sowwies everyone : /  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:09 am
Hi there!
I go by Menaceman on Gaia but you can call me Alistu if you like. I'm 20 years old and live in the UK. I'll be 21 near the end of March.
I'm studying stop-motion animation at the moment.

I've been making models for as long as I can remember. I've got a lot better but I also seem to be less imaginative with what I make now. sad

I'd say the thing I'm best at is making my Fimo models smooth. I don't use any tools for it, just my fingertips.

I have some of my stuff up at deviantART. This is my account.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Maimy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:31 am
Welcome everyone smile

I still play with play-doh ... sweatdrop

Menaceman, the very phrase 'stop-motion' makes me drool. biggrin heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:00 pm
Hi! I'm Tiri ^_^ I'm from the U.S.A, and I've been into sculpting / crafts just about all my life. I didn't really get serious about ceramics ( which is my college major ) until I hit, well, college. I just love working with 3D work and working with my hands. I really enjoy handbuilding works with clay, and I'm not bad at wheel, but could really use work in throwing larger pieces and lids. I'm also into painting and drawing as well as making jewelry.

My work can be found in my DA Page.

I'm going lurk now razz  

InquisitorAllandra

Ko Ko Skyeee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:32 pm
Hihi! I'm Skye. [=

I'm a person. Who lives in America, though I plan on becoming a citizen of Switzerland later in life. x3
I've been crafty since I was little. Only recently have I started making things out of clay. :3
I got inspired by random people who are good at making clay charms, sewing, and random cute stuff. :3 I said, "Hey, why not try making things myself instead of buying from people so that I can say, 'I made it myself,' when people ask about it. :3"
I usually sew, but I sometimes make clay things. I sew by hand and on a machine.
Just visit my Etsy shop to see my works: shugakanbashii.etsy.com . Everything in it is made by me except for the bunny hat (and other hats to come) for it is a shared business with my friend. [= Oh, and a lot of my stuff isn't that good because I've improved (but the items were made for friends, so I don't have them there sweatdrop )... So yeah. :3

That's basically it. [= (Wow, I put a lot of extra information xD)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:02 am
hellow this is x_theumbrellaacademy_x, i am fourteen and from the u.s. i enjoy using clay very much, though i have to say that im not very good at it, as i dont practice much. i also tend to loose the small things that i make!! im really awful at uploading pictures and stuff, so if i ever complete something then i probably cant send a picture (sorry!!). i luv when people give me cute ideas and i luv sharing ideas.
hope to hear from someone!!  

x_TheUmbrellaAcademy_x

knightrevealed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:20 am
Hi my name is Ron or Sharky as some have been seen to call me.
I'm 32, working in a Cyber Cafe so my clay research time is optimal.
I just started workin with Polymer clay as a outlet since my breakup and ive fallen in love with it. I want to work on some sculpted pieces but I love making beads for jewelry. I haven't set up a deviant art page but im working on it slowly.

Im always up for advice and would love to hear suggestions and get help on working with Clay  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff