18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Crystal; Suicune &gt; you.
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Ruby / Sapphire; Jewels rule ALL.
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
FireRed / LeafGreen; Hey, I can be old schooling, too!
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Diamond / Pearl; So what if they haven't even BEGUN planning them?
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Pssht. I bet Emerald will beat out ALL these pansy-a** games.
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
I... dunno... I (love them all/never played 'em/like something else).
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 49

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:08 pm
Back in the RB days I did get a complete pokédex, including an official mew in the dex from a trade with a friend who had gone to the official events, I also got 250 pokémon in my Gold version but the mew was sharked on my blue version because my friend's game had been stolen and it made me feel like I had somehow forced the stealer into using the shark, which made me think even worse of them! scream People who steal stuff are horrible, especially when they steal my friend's backpack with homework, school textbooks and gameboy+games, even if it was a long time ago that person deserves bad karma! domokun Anyway, yeah, I was one of those crazies who completed the pokedéx without game shark on both Blue and Sapphire, and except mew on Gold. Of course I never got Celebii, but I did get a Jiraichi from the stadium preorder bonus disc on my Sapphire. Right now in the new advanced set the only pokés I am pretty sure I can't get are Deoxys, and Lugia, due to those needing e-Reader and Lugia's not even being out yet as far as I know. I can't wait for emerald! I wonder, DID they ever make ANY official ways in the US to obtain Celebii?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:05 am
Toko Ojin
I wonder, DID they ever make ANY official ways in the US to obtain Celebii?
You had to go to the NYC Pokemon Center on certain weeks of the year for the most part, but then there was also a second (and failed) mall tour for the GS Series that offered it. The event kind of flew under the radar for the most part.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Jason the Samurai Knight

Unbeatable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:42 pm
I heard that crystal you can get it if you have all the dog pokemon and ho oh and lugia? I just heard I not sure stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Jason the Samurai Knight
I heard that crystal you can get it if you have all the dog pokemon and ho oh and lugia? I just heard I not sure stare

Not exactly.

For Lugia, you just need the Silver Wing and a strong Pokémon.

For Ho-Oh, though, you need to've caught Suicune, Raikou, and Entei, have the Rainbow Wing, and have beaten the Elite Four and Champion.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:05 pm
Alexa-sama
Jason the Samurai Knight

Not exactly.

For Lugia, you just need the Silver Wing and a strong Pokémon.

For Ho-Oh, though, you need to've caught Suicune, Raikou, and Entei, have the Rainbow Wing, and have beaten the Elite Four and Champion.
And even after that, you still can't get Celebi, because you have to have the GS Ball inspected by Kurt and then take it to the shrine in Ilex Forest. But since you can't get the GS Ball outside of hacking, you can't get it in Crystal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:55 pm
NOA is retarded for not hosting more events that give away access to free rare pokemon. (If they're going to let us get it on our own, they might as well put more events up.)  

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

Load Chaud

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:43 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:55 pm
Maybe we should start a mail drive of pokemon fans who want to be able to complete their pokedex and get all the legendaries in their games for Nintendo of America to realease more accesible ways to get such pokemon, without having to go to special events in 3 or so states that very few were able to get to. And they don't even sell e-Readers anymore so releasing e-cards would be horrible. I think GC bonus discs is just about the only reasoable option. Maybe the Next GC pokemon game could allow you to access all the special event releases such as Deoxys Jiraichi, Celebi, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, and more by comlpleting the game up to certain points. I know they have the programming skill to do so and it would appease many fans, especially me. Allthough I can get Jiraichi thanks to Colleseum Bonus Disc I think it would be better NOT to have it be part of a limited offer and instead make you earn it. The pokedex is a key feature of the game to support. It's not like the Mario Kart DD bonus disc coming with bonus Fire Emblem weapons, this is actually a game completion thing, Fire Emblem is fully playable without these bonus weapons and has no game completion counter that asks you to get all the weapons or some silly thing, in fact in Fire Emblem, weapons run out of uses and eventually break. So even if you get the bonus weapons they are not a permanent feature of the game.

Give us back our LEGENDARIES! scream  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Windstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:35 pm
I have a question: How on EARTH do you get Celebi and Mew through glitches???I badly want a mew to train on my own, Tyler got his from a ToysRUs thing and I got a copy of it from him AFTER he got it level 71 and ruined all its stats with rare candies...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:39 pm
Toko Ojin
Maybe we should start a mail drive of pokemon fans who want to be able to complete their pokedex and get all the legendaries in their games for Nintendo of America to realease more accesible ways to get such pokemon, without having to go to special events in 3 or so states that very few were able to get to. And they don't even sell e-Readers anymore so releasing e-cards would be horrible. I think GC bonus discs is just about the only reasoable option. Maybe the Next GC pokemon game could allow you to access all the special event releases such as Deoxys Jiraichi, Celebi, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, and more by comlpleting the game up to certain points. I know they have the programming skill to do so and it would appease many fans, especially me. Allthough I can get Jiraichi thanks to Colleseum Bonus Disc I think it would be better NOT to have it be part of a limited offer and instead make you earn it. The pokedex is a key feature of the game to support. It's not like the Mario Kart DD bonus disc coming with bonus Fire Emblem weapons, this is actually a game completion thing, Fire Emblem is fully playable without these bonus weapons and has no game completion counter that asks you to get all the weapons or some silly thing, in fact in Fire Emblem, weapons run out of uses and eventually break. So even if you get the bonus weapons they are not a permanent feature of the game.

Give us back our LEGENDARIES! scream
My parents don't really approve of pokemon, so I can't get the playstation colloseum thing and it'll take me forever to find a used leaf green. *sniff*  

Windstar

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:03 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:31 pm

Load Chaud

Windstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:43 am
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:33 pm

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:40 pm
Load Chaud
And Emerald has an item called Old Seat Chart which lets you travel to a place called World's End Island (Or something to that affect) and find a wild Mew. Watch the US and Europe never get that as well!
Either that or you have to go to NYC again to get the damn item. stare Suddenly, buying a GameShark looks mighty attractive. *eyes his unopened Crystal Game* Mmm, maybe when I have money again.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff