Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:36 pm
Hello! ^.^ Thanks for the invite. My name is Alanna, I'm fourteen, and most definitely a bibliophile as well as a writer, so I think this guild will suit me just fine. I am an avid consumer of life, and enjoy breathing, smiling, laughing, falling over, laughing at falling over, high-fives, hugs, and apple sauce.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:12 pm
Hi!! Right now I'm reading a book called Charlie and the Starcatchers.  

zakuroswhip

irock708

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:25 pm
Hello, hello. I appreciate the invite. Penandpaper must have took a lot of time to look for people interested in literature on Gaia.

As for myself, I am an avid reader and I write as a hobby, but I wish to incorporate writing into my future job... whatever that'll be, hah. Literature is just one of the many things that I'm into, though. I'm also a bit of a movie nut, a music geek, and a video game nerd. So if you like any of those things, I wouldn't mind chatting with you. I'm sixteen and I go by Nat. And I am a girl. Hah.

I hope to be more active on Gaia by being active on this guild, so... yeah. *proceeds to fly away*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:53 am
Hey, I'm Nohope (though I tend to just get called Hope) and I've just started the 4th book in the Dresden Files series 3nodding

P.S.
Thank you for the invite Penandpaper.  

Nohope02

CocoReed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 pm
Hello all!

Wow, I haven't been here in a long time. I'm glad I checked my messages. biggrin

Anyway, I'm Coco Reed and I am a college student. I love books and writing and want to one day publish a few novels I have floating around in my head and on my computer.

Right now I am reading The Chosen by Ricardo Pinto.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:30 pm
Hello, my name's ILuvK9s and I'd like to thank PenandPaper for giving me the invite. I had looked at this guild before, but when I was a newbie. I'm a total bookworm, so it seemed perfect, but then I logged off for a while and completely forgot. So when PenandPaper invited me, you can imagine my... Wow.
I love everything fiction-related, but I'm not so fond of biographies and such... whee I'm writing some sample stuff for now, and I'm trying to make it so one of them is actually publishable material. Now if only I was old enough to get an agent... sweatdrop
Oh wells.

I love mysterious stories, comical stories, and especially some sort of magical stories such as Harry Potter or The Prophecy Of the Stones.
I look forward to my membership in this guild~!

ILuvK9s

Silent-Snows

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:10 am
Hi there.
My name's Snow, and I just received an invite from PenandPaper. Thanks very much.
I'm a fan of all kinds of genres, including fantasy and science fiction, and I read whenever I can find the time.
I don't write very much, but when I'm in the mood I may churn out a short story or two (they all end up being pretty morbid, though).

I'm not on Gaia very much, seeing as I'm a very busy guy. I've got school and younger siblings to manage, but when I steal a minute to get on the computer, I'll try to stop by and say hi.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:32 pm
Hey,
The name's Earwen (Telrunya being my last name) and I was pleasantly surprised when I realised I got an invitation for a guild. It's a first =P So thanks, Penandpaper for the invite.
I'm currently reading this stupid book with a tittle 'this leg is shorter' if you don't think the title's crappy you should read the book. *rolls eyes* I have to read it for Dutch.
So, you probably already guessed but English is my... Third language, Dutch being my first, French my third and German my fourth! (Just started German this year though and my French absolutely sucks)
I'm also a fan of all kind of genres but mostly fantasy but I'm also an avid (that's the word right?) fanfiction reader and author... I have a few original ideas but they're still that, ideas... =)
Until this friday I hadn't been on gaia for a year and thanks to my friend I've become addicted again, so my school works going to suffer... Ah, well... =D Not that it didn't already.
So I'm a girl, age 15 and I live in Belgium!

Chlerys

Rogue Duster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:22 pm
Oy Oy I'm Johnny!
I love to read and write. Thats why I'm here.
I'm working on a few books, but nothing is closed to being finished.
I've read a lot of books. Dang near all the R.A. Salvatore books.
Before Adam, The Bachie, ect... If you have a book to recommend I'm looking for a new series to start.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:52 am
Hi everyone! I love to read and write, just like evryone else here. I don't have a favorite book, for there are far too many to choose from. However, I am currently reading The Other Boleyn Girl, and I recommend it to all of you.
I also write post on fanfiction.net- my username is Featherhawk.
For more book recommendation, look at the interest tags on my profile.  

Lemur9

Lord KhazHeron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:56 am
Hello I am Maritza Sunbane. Most people believe that my works are fictional but most are very true.

"I cannot live without books..." -Thomas Jefferson  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 pm
Hey everyone! It's a pleasure to meet you all! ( and Penandpaper for the invite)
Thank goodness for proper grammar/spelling!
I'm Chuchu, or you can call me Chuk. 4laugh
I LOVE to read and write. (I like reading a bit more though) rolleyes
I don't have a favorite book, but I enjoy almost any adventure/fantasy stories.
PLEASE feel free to give me ANY recommendations! mrgreen  

ChuChu101

Sweet William Parmesan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:05 am
Whoa now. I'm Eryn and I'm a freshman in college who writes about things in a really abstract manner. I recently took an intensive english course at my school and my professor told me I should write a book. Although I'm not too fond of the idea, I've been working on it bit by bit and I'll probably be posting it in pieces here for some feedback [however I'll have to post the PG-13 version D:].

Anywho, I read a lot, and I read anything with type in it. My personal favorite is the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix [for the record... he's making two more books for that series! Woot!] because he's a freakin' genius and I can't get enough of his writing style. I also like to read war-related books, my favorite being All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque. I love this book and it's message so much that I feel that I should be required to be read in public schools so that future generations can hear it's message about warfare.

Anywho, I'm on a lot, and I don't mind editing things or critiquing things for people. I'll stop talking now. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:19 am
Hi everyone. I am your newest member, looks like. ^^ I am twenty-two, a college student currently on hiatus until the fall, a writer, a reader, an only child. I spend my life living on fictionpress.com, playing Neopets, devouring Mercedes Lackey novels, and living in my own fantasy world.

Hopefully I will get to know some of you better. Have a nice day!  

Malinchak

Tomokie Masen

Angelic Fairy

11,575 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:32 am
Hey everyone,

I'm a writer, hopefully a published one soon. My novel is based on fantasy/romance. I like fantasy (not aliens, except Star Wars) mostly supernatual with tantalizing scenes but not gore. Know of any good books that won't bore me?  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff