Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Know what's fun in the RE games? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gah, damn that RE Remake and its tricky puzzles.
  I know, I know
  Your just not good at those games! D<
View Results

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:50 am
Vankala
Geckou Rei
Vankala
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
Running around a mall trying to find survivors is very realistic. Gaining XP isn't, I agree, but neither is upgrading the speed that Leon reloads or shoots. Upgrading the firepower or capacity within the time span of "Heh heh heh heh, thank ya!" isn't either. The capacity upgrade isn't even possible with some weapons, like the Broken Butterfly. It visibly only has six shots, yet it has the capacity for 12. It just doesn't work.

I agree too. It shouldn't be called hard. It should be titled Normal. My first Pro playthrough I died... I believe four or five times total.

You probably are getting normal mixed up with pro mode because you obviously act like normal is pro mode. If you have played pro mode you would know that you don't get all the ammo that you talk about getting. and you need to use your health items because 2 hits from just about anything and you will be either dead or close to it. so you have a row of health items on your first playthrough would require NEVER getting hit or close to never getting hit, and if your saying you used your knife like you did then you WOULD have been hit. many, many times.

Your obviously lieing.

No he's not.
YOU'RE obviously still new to this game....

I've been playing this game for quite a while. I've already completed everything other than unlocking Ada in "the Mercenaries" and complete pro mode. I'm at the end though.

Pro mode is very difficult. You CANNOT say that its not. I've been playing RE and actions games for years, I wouldn't say it's difficult if it wasn't.

Well, Pro Mode was a little difficult the first time I played through. But now its just way too easy now, which makes it boring. Not only that, but the storyline sucks, the enemies suck, including most of the bosses, and its not even scary. That's the difference between this game and the classic RE games. With the older RE games, I can keep playing them over & over again and never get bored. I got bored pretty quickly with RE4.

It's not that RE4 is boring, it's just that your dead inside.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:57 am
Its not that I'm dead inside, its just that I appreciated RE for what it used to be, which is survival horror. You obviously never did, otherwise you would see the many, many flaws in RE4, including the fact that its nowhere near being a true survival horror game.  

Vankala

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:03 pm
Vankala
Its not that I'm dead inside, its just that I appreciated RE for what it used to be, which is survival horror. You obviously never did, otherwise you would see the many, many flaws in RE4, including the fact that its nowhere near being a true survival horror game.

oh no no, I certainly did, and still do appreciate the odler RE games. Fore; I play them over and over again. Last week I just played the Remake again on invisable enemy mode. [not to gloat but I did it on hard without saving at all. which means I didnt die at all. but it took me over 5 hours to do it =( ]

and RE4 is STILL survival horror. It doesn't have as many flaws as most of you like to think. It seems that it is YOU that don't appreciate Resident Evil for what it is. Resident Evil IS Resident Evil. No more no less, well due to recent updates, actualyl it IS more. A true fan of RE would see that RE4 is not flawed. Though it has it's unrealistic moments (as ALL games do, I've yet to find one that is 100% realistic) but regaurdless, it's not flawed.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:16 pm
Okay, 1) You can't call a game that's not even scary 'survival horror'. Sure it may make you jump the time you play it, but as far as it being 'creepy' or 'scary', it just doesn't come close. You know exactly where the enemies are and once you kill all of the enemies in a certain area, well, you know you did b/c the music changes. In the other games, you still wonder if there's another enemy right around the corner or not.
2) It can't be 'survival horror' b/c you have way too much health and ammo, and even if you didn't you can get it really easily. In the past RE games, you had to conserve ammo as well as herbs/first aid sprays, cuz niether were easy to come by. Put simply, you had to really try to "survive". In RE4, surviving the game requires hardly any effort at all.

Vankala

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:46 pm
Really. You can even buy First Aid Sprays from the Merchant for cryin' out loud. I mean, wtf kind of game calls itself survival horror then gives you the opportunity to buy healing items for practically no money at all, and a freakin' rocket launcher at the very first "shop"? You just can't do that and be survival horror. It's against the rules. RE4 is an action game. Just so you know, I don't hate RE4 by any means, btw. I just really hate the fact that they had the balls to name it "Resident Evil". It hurts me on the inside to know they forever stained the beautiful name...

Geckou Rei
I've been playing this game for quite a while. I've already completed everything other than unlocking Ada in "the Mercenaries" and complete pro mode. I'm at the end though.

Pro mode is very difficult. You CANNOT say that its not. I've been playing RE and actions games for years, I wouldn't say it's difficult if it wasn't.

Guess what? I've been playing the game since it came out. I unlocked everything within the month. The month. Easy.

Pro mode was not hard. I CAN say that it isn't. I've been playing RE for only 3 or 4 years, and I've been playing action games since I was 2 (that doesn't mean I knew what the hell I was doing, but I was playing them. Albeit badly. xd ). 13 years of games under my belt, I'd say it's easy and people would do well to listen. I know my games. I especially know my RE.

Edit: "The producer of the game has stated Resident Evil 5 has been pushed back to some time in 2009." -Capcom  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:03 pm
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Eaelaien
Elliot Salem
Eaelaien

Well, I for one have to side with Geckou. A mall? Realistic? Please tell me how running around the mall TRYING to find survivors and gaining XP to LEARN the ability to use Martial Arts is realistic.

I agree, Geckou, calling PRO "HARD" should not be allowed. It really is for the die hard Grim Reaper Veterans that play RE. The ones that actually played through ORE.

As Canas said, looking for survivors is realistic. But XP isn't. But we never said it was supposed to be realistic, just more realistic than RE.

I guarantee you, that it is not realistic. NO ONE in their right mind would want to tie in Photography into Survival, and call THAT realistic. Search and Rescue is so much more realistic.

It's more realistic than ONE man looking for the President's daughter. See, do you know the plot of DR? I bet not. Anyway, after Frank gets into the mall, he tries to find out what's going on. So he tries to find survivors, thinking one might now what's going on. And then he tries to expose it. Aloing with photographic evidence you can prove something happened.

so it's just a coincidince that when surrounded by millions of zombies that he would take the time to take pictures of girls breasts? You even get bonus points for taking pictures where u get up skirt and boobs in the same photo! that is DEFINATELY going to proove what happened!

Yeah, because there is a cutscene in the game where Frank West pulls his camera out and takes a picture of a girls boob. Really, that's added gameplay. They did that so you don't get bored of the storyline, or bored of just killing the zombies.  

Elliot Salem

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:11 pm
Geckou Rei
Vankala

oh no no, I certainly did, and still do appreciate the odler RE games. Fore; I play them over and over again. Last week I just played the Remake again on invisable enemy mode. [not to gloat but I did it on hard without saving at all. which means I didnt die at all. but it took me over 5 hours to do it =( ]

and RE4 is STILL survival horror. It doesn't have as many flaws as most of you like to think. It seems that it is YOU that don't appreciate Resident Evil for what it is. Resident Evil IS Resident Evil. No more no less, well due to recent updates, actualyl it IS more. A true fan of RE would see that RE4 is not flawed. Though it has it's unrealistic moments (as ALL games do, I've yet to find one that is 100% realistic) but regaurdless, it's not flawed.

So wait.....let me get this straight. Because they branded it Resident Evil 4, means it' a true Resident Evil game? I mean, what if they took, I don't know, maybe Metal gear Solid and added Aliens, plasma weapons and gave Snake indestructible armor. Would it still be a Metal Gear Solid game because of the name? No. It'd be ******** HALO! A Survival Horror game is described as a game that keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. And not in an "OMG SHOOT EM IN THE HEAD! #%$$# YEAH!" It's more of, if I turn this corner here, will be mauled to death by an undead moving corpse? As for what you said about beating the game with invisible enemies in that time on hard, you are most definetley LYING through your a**. How can a sequel be more than the original game? Can someone please explain that s**t to me? Please, if you can I'll punch George W. Bush in the face.

A TRUE fan of Resident Evil would see that RE4 was flawed. Why? Because they grew up on urban environments, with enemies that scared you, lack of ammunition, and worse than that very little health and healing items.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:15 pm
Geckou Rei

It's not that RE4 is boring, it's just that your dead inside.

This is borderline flaming. You have been warned. Deliberately insult another like that again, and I doubt you'll be here much longer.

Keep in mind that stating and defending your opinion is NOT the same as flaming someone.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:03 pm
Now, now, hold on. He's got a point.
I mean personally, every time I play Resident Evil 4, I happen to die a little on the inside. Don't you?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:38 pm
Gamer_404
I thought REmake's puzzles were pretty simple..
Outbreak is the game that had tricky puzzles. Some I still don't know how to solve to this day. Like how to find the code for the elevator in the hive. (I just looked up the answer on a walkthrough.)

I agree that the puzzle code was hard ot figure out. I did it and every time I got a different answer I would write it down. I endedup with 4 codes. 1 was for the roof though.

I don't remember how to do it anymore, I tired and I just can't remember. So Im glad I wrote it down. ^^  

Geckou Rei

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:42 pm
Vankala
Okay, 1) You can't call a game that's not even scary 'survival horror'. Sure it may make you jump the time you play it, but as far as it being 'creepy' or 'scary', it just doesn't come close. You know exactly where the enemies are and once you kill all of the enemies in a certain area, well, you know you did b/c the music changes. In the other games, you still wonder if there's another enemy right around the corner or not.
2) It can't be 'survival horror' b/c you have way too much health and ammo, and even if you didn't you can get it really easily. In the past RE games, you had to conserve ammo as well as herbs/first aid sprays, cuz niether were easy to come by. Put simply, you had to really try to "survive". In RE4, surviving the game requires hardly any effort at all.

Thats not true. If a game makes you jump from time to time, than yes, it IS scary, what you said is kind of contradictory.

and in other RE games, you never had to conserve health. there was plenty of it. everywhere. And you only ran out of ammo if you never use your knife.

and surviving does take a lot of effort in RE4. a game takes no effort when you can beat it without saving and without dieing. for example-- the original Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, REmake, and other games. But that doesn't mean it's not scary. It just means its easy, or.. that i'm naturally good at these things. ^^ but RE4 on the other hand is NOT easy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:48 pm
Canas Renvall
Really. You can even buy First Aid Sprays from the Merchant for cryin' out loud. I mean, wtf kind of game calls itself survival horror then gives you the opportunity to buy healing items for practically no money at all, and a freakin' rocket launcher at the very first "shop"? You just can't do that and be survival horror. It's against the rules. RE4 is an action game. Just so you know, I don't hate RE4 by any means, btw. I just really hate the fact that they had the balls to name it "Resident Evil". It hurts me on the inside to know they forever stained the beautiful name...

Geckou Rei

Guess what? I've been playing the game since it came out. I unlocked everything within the month. The month. Easy.

Pro mode was not hard. I CAN say that it isn't. I've been playing RE for only 3 or 4 years, and I've been playing action games since I was 2 (that doesn't mean I knew what the hell I was doing, but I was playing them. Albeit badly. xd ). 13 years of games under my belt, I'd say it's easy and people would do well to listen. I know my games. I especially know my RE.

Edit: "The producer of the game has stated Resident Evil 5 has been pushed back to some time in 2009." -Capcom

You msut have like no life then. or your playing the easy cheesy gamecube version. [kool, I was playing games since I was 2, too! I remember my first game was some stupid x-men game. my dad was a total comic-fanatic so he bought it ] I din't know I was debating with a 14 year old >< I'm 16. just so you know. I know my RE better! =P I don't knwo that for sure but I firstp layed RE when I was 3 and have been ever since so I'm pretty sure I know my RE. Ya RE is easy. but it's still scary.

and I don't know where you got the quote, but I asked officials recently, like I said before and they stated it's still to be announced. And If you check the Capcom website it says that Resident Evil 5 is still TBA.  

Geckou Rei

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:50 pm
Geckou Rei
Vankala

Thats not true. If a game makes you jump from time to time, than yes, it IS scary, what you said is kind of contradictory.

and in other RE games, you never had to conserve health. there was plenty of it. everywhere. And you only ran out of ammo if you never use your knife.

and surviving does take a lot of effort in RE4. a game takes no effort when you can beat it without saving and without dieing. for example-- the original Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, REmake, and other games. But that doesn't mean it's not scary. It just means its easy, or.. that i'm naturally good at these things. ^^ but RE4 on the other hand is NOT easy.

No. Gears of War gave me a few jumps here and there, as did, I can't really believe I'm gonna say this, but so did Turok (Both new and old) but does that make them Horror games? No.

Actually, you had to. In about three hits, you'd be dead. That changed with enemies, especially ones that POISONED you.

In RE4 it takes NO EFFORT. "%^$# I'm low on health. Look, a merchant. *Purchase First Aid Spray* Much better. Wait, you brought up saving. Okay, does going through Pro without saving or dying (Except at the first part of the game. The damned boulder always got me) in about 2 hours and 42 minutes and 41 seconds. I was timing it.

I think with each one of your comments, a brain cell dies. And with each mention of how easy the other REs were and how hard RE4 is, I think I get the urge to go on a (ZOMBIE) killing spree. That or just play COD4.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:50 pm
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Elliot Salem
Eaelaien
Elliot Salem
Eaelaien

Well, I for one have to side with Geckou. A mall? Realistic? Please tell me how running around the mall TRYING to find survivors and gaining XP to LEARN the ability to use Martial Arts is realistic.

I agree, Geckou, calling PRO "HARD" should not be allowed. It really is for the die hard Grim Reaper Veterans that play RE. The ones that actually played through ORE.

As Canas said, looking for survivors is realistic. But XP isn't. But we never said it was supposed to be realistic, just more realistic than RE.

I guarantee you, that it is not realistic. NO ONE in their right mind would want to tie in Photography into Survival, and call THAT realistic. Search and Rescue is so much more realistic.

It's more realistic than ONE man looking for the President's daughter. See, do you know the plot of DR? I bet not. Anyway, after Frank gets into the mall, he tries to find out what's going on. So he tries to find survivors, thinking one might now what's going on. And then he tries to expose it. Aloing with photographic evidence you can prove something happened.

so it's just a coincidince that when surrounded by millions of zombies that he would take the time to take pictures of girls breasts? You even get bonus points for taking pictures where u get up skirt and boobs in the same photo! that is DEFINATELY going to proove what happened!

Yeah, because there is a cutscene in the game where Frank West pulls his camera out and takes a picture of a girls boob. Really, that's added gameplay. They did that so you don't get bored of the storyline, or bored of just killing the zombies.

um other than the cutscene, you have to actually go find some stupid girl and take a picture of her boobs and up her skirt manually and then give it to some guy so he does something for you. Even though it sort of back fires cuz he tries to kill you. So it's gameplay, not just a cutscene.  

Geckou Rei

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:55 pm
Elliot Salem
Geckou Rei
Vankala

No. Gears of War gave me a few jumps here and there, as did, I can't really believe I'm gonna say this, but so did Turok (Both new and old) but does that make them Horror games? No.

Actually, you had to. In about three hits, you'd be dead. That changed with enemies, especially ones that POISONED you.

In RE4 it takes NO EFFORT. "%^$# I'm low on health. Look, a merchant. *Purchase First Aid Spray* Much better. Wait, you brought up saving. Okay, does going through Pro without saving or dying (Except at the first part of the game. The damned boulder always got me) in about 2 hours and 42 minutes and 41 seconds. I was timing it.

I think with each one of your comments, a brain cell dies. And with each mention of how easy the other REs were and how hard RE4 is, I think I get the urge to go on a (ZOMBIE) killing spree. That or just play COD4.

I like it how you think your right. if your smart enough to not get hit in a Resident Evil game from poison enemies than you dont need any blue herbs. It's not that hard. [or maybe it is..... for you.]

The merchant guy(s) weren't EVERYWHERE. Maybe there were towards the begining. But not towards the end. (with the exception of being right outside the final boss) and you're not able to buy any F.aid Sprays if you have 2 health items.

and I must say that I've never once died from the 2 boulders you have to run from. But I guess it's okay if you did before getting your reflexes up.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff