Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Do you believe in Jesus? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyHalli

Gracious Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:15 pm
I'm Jewish, so I don't believe in Jesus. I have a lot of respect for those who do, as (in my experience) they tend to be polite and moral people.
That said, I'm ok with pretty much any religion as long as the tenets don't include persecution of other religions or violence.

And good morals are good morals, no matter what religion they come from.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:26 pm
It's complicated. I'm Zarathustri, so we believe that all religion emanates from God. So, we believe that Christianity comes from God and is part of God's truth, but not that Jesus was God.  

TammiGirl

pheonix19330

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:00 am
im a christian conservative that lives with libral friends so of coarse im gonna slip up and have at least a few libral sides but im still the conservative that leans more toward my religion than anything. and now we all agree that we have different beliefs and we can all be consertative .... ya ok..... that is no longer the debate. homosexuality is. now i was raised way old fashoin so homosexuality is a bad thing in my mind but as i realize what world we live in , i can at least cut them a break (but it is stated in the bible as a sin so therefore it is a sin) period!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:34 pm
Jesus Christ is my lord and savior. he was crucified and he died on teh cross to cleanse my sins so that i may be free of the darkness in my heart  

Gene Karabiner

Wizard of Ahhhs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:20 pm
User Image
User Image

No, I don't believe in Jesus or any other religion, for that matter.
I'm an atheist.
(But that doesn't mean I'm a liberal, though. I'm of the third party but if I were to be put under one of the two I'd rather be conservative.)

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:34 pm
Christianity is not a prerequisite for being a Republican. That most atheists are liberals certainly does not mean that atheists must be liberals. I've seen more than a few atheist Republicans before.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:07 pm
The biggest non-stereotype I've seen is a Gay-Christian Republican... think about that one (no it's not me)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:11 pm
Eastern Orthodox Christian here.
I could care less if you agree with me or not, but if Jesus is not the Son of God then you cannot call what you accept as Christian, as that is the one facet which cannot be altered from the Faith. If you say otherwise, then look into Gnosticism.  

Vasilius Konstantinos

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 pm
I believe more with Unitarianism. Religious leaders throughout the centuries corrupted the church.

Read The Age of Reason - Thomas Paine (same guy who wrong Common Sense.) Or, go further and read BLASPHEMY : How the Religious-Right Hijacked our Declaration of Independence to learn more about Jefferson/Paine and their beliefs on God. Although this is considered more to be Deism, it was one of the starts on the Universal Unitarians.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:30 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
I believe more with Unitarianism. Religious leaders throughout the centuries corrupted the church.

Define "church".  

Vasilius Konstantinos

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:16 am
Vasilius Konstantinos
Rainbowfied Mouse

Define "church".

I should have been more specific with "Christian Church" which my definition for so is
"A Christian religious institution that provides spiritualistic services to it's members"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:12 pm
Quote:
but if Jesus is not the Son of God then you cannot call what you accept as Christian, as that is the one facet which cannot be altered from the Faith. If you say otherwise, then look into Gnosticism.

Or you could have a nuanced view of it, leading you to embrace somewhat archaic forms of Christianity, like Arianism. I'm probably more in line with Arius' ideas when it comes to Christianity.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:17 pm
Lord Bitememan
Quote:
but if Jesus is not the Son of God then you cannot call what you accept as Christian, as that is the one facet which cannot be altered from the Faith. If you say otherwise, then look into Gnosticism.

Or you could have a nuanced view of it, leading you to embrace somewhat archaic forms of Christianity, like Arianism. I'm probably more in line with Arius' ideas when it comes to Christianity.

OR other modern forms of following such as Deism.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:32 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Vasilius Konstantinos
Rainbowfied Mouse

Define "church".

I should have been more specific with "Christian Church" which my definition for so is
"A Christian religious institution that provides spiritualistic services to it's members"

Ah, okay. Thank you for your explanation.
Could you provide me with any of these corruptions specifically?  

Vasilius Konstantinos

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:43 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Lord Bitememan
Quote:

OR other modern forms of following such as Deism.

DEIST, n. One who believes in the existence of a God, but denies revealed religion, but follows the light of nature and reason, as his only guides in doctrine and practice; a freethinker.

This is taken from the 1828 definition of Deist, i.e. Deism.

Is this the Deism you speak of?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces