Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
I feel like I don't know some of you. (Moved...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gweener

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:02 pm
Well, I wish you sweet dreams tonight so you can have successful and productive day tomorrow!
I'll check back soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:03 pm
ninja  

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:30 pm
Hey... this thread doesn't need to be bumped...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:49 pm
xd
I was just checking in!
I said I would, so I did.
I didn't want you to think I forgot about 'cha!
Besides, it wouldn't hurt if some of our other members noticed this thread.
I'm sure there's some other questions to ask you, but my poor wittle brain can't think of nothin'.

You and your Dad/family got any plans for Halloween this year?

Gweener

E i J i-A c r o b a t i c
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:38 am
Ask Chain some questions?
Hm. Okay.
What do you think of your class teachers? [ie. the teachers that teach you?]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:58 am
Pah! My teachers are okay. My history teacher is awesome, probably one of the best teachers I've ever had... or at least I like him a lot. Everybody else is.... just okay. They aren't bad, but they aren't great.

However, that being said, since you asked me about school, I totally have to go on a rant, since this has been on my mind for a long time.

The computer science department at my school is retarded. I mean, seriously retarded. This school may have one of the best colleges of engineering, but apparently that completely disregards how shitty their computer science program is.

... I guess I can elaborate... They don't seem to have any hands on stuff after Computer Science 1... and the CS1 stuff was a joke. The class is pretty much taught entirely in lecture format, CS1 being the only class with a lab (a shitty lab, at that)... which only meets one day out of the week. The classes don't tend to focus on the process of programming as much as the theory of programming, and not only that, but they teach you dramatically less in a greater amount of time than most other schools.

... f***ing programming in lecture format... Who the f*** thought that was a f***ing good idea... somebody is either f***ing old, or severely retarded.

It's not exactly the teachers that are the problem... its whoever is in charge of the department. The teachers can only do so much... I mean, they have to follow the guidelines the department heads give them to teach... if the department heads are retarded, there isn't much they can do about it, because if they complain, they could risk losing their job.

And I'm pretty damn sure I'm not going back to UNT after this semester. I mean, it sucks that I'll have to go to somewhere else... and learn where all this crap is on campus... and all this other stuff. But, seriously, If I want to succeed at Computer Science, I totally have to go somewhere else, because the program at UNT is just so g** damn HORRIBLE! I'm not the only one who thinks that way either... Pretty much every guy I've talked to in my programming classes has said the same thing...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:59 am
Oh, and by the way, in response to your question, Gweener. Yes.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:39 am
Oh Goody!
I can't wait to hear (or see) what y'all come up with this year!
I'm throwing a Halloween Party this year. I just hope lots of people show up!

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm
Dam... I never answered that question... I was hoping to answer it with a link to videos and pictures...

I guess I still can't answer it, because nobody's uploaded the movie and videos...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:56 am
I have a question. Have you ever dreamed about being a character in one of the games you play? Like; were you dreaming about the game and suddenly got sucked up into it and it felt like it was really happening? I've done that before and was just curious if it has ever happened to you. If so, what game was it? What character were you? And...what were you doing?  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:08 am
Like... as in just dreamt I was the character, or was playing a game and then somehow, I was no longer playing a game, but had become the character in the game?

I've experience both, several times. ... I can start listing off occurrences of the latter, and how many of them I've had.

DooM - Quite friggin' often. Really, more than I'd be able to count. Easily over 50, and they often don't end well for me.

Privateer - I've had a couple of these. They're always fun as hell... because they involve space... and fighting... and occasionally black holes and random aliens and really awesome s**t.

Sonic the Hedgehog - These are strange because, except for the special levels where I have to get the chaos emeralds, I exist as myself, looking like Sonic, but in a 2-dimensional state looking at myself... but there is no real ... TV or method of controlling other than with thought... so I'd say I'm actually the character. Every once in a while, I'll get one of these... maybe... every other month... every 4 months... in that area. No less than 3 times a year, and often more.

Ecco the Dolphin - Yes... I've become a friggin' dolphin before. I've probably had more than 10 of these, but not more than 20. Sometimes it's 2D, sometimes it's 3D. The 3D one's are cool... As a side note, going deep SUCKS! It's dark... and everything has spikes on it and homes in on you for some reason... jerks. More often, though... these do not start with me playing a game... but with start with me either as a person or a dolphin swimming in the ocean. The 2D ones definitely started as a game... the 3D ones is about... 50-50.

Pokemon - Yes... yes these started out as me playing... and then I became the guy. Most often they stay 2D. Sometimes they go 3D. Usually they stay a game... but every once in a while I become the trainer.

Legend of Zelda/Final Fantasy - Dungeons are a b***h... that's all I've got to say. Never with a party... combat is like Zelda... exploration and over-world stuff is like Final Fantasy... This is old-school top down perspective Zelda.

Maple Story - Damn this game... I've heard you never really get over the first MMO you play. These get pretty involved... and sometimes they take on a .hack// quality that's... really strange... in that I'm 3D or 2D, thinking I'm still playing a game, but am actually myself at the same time... likely due to my character in that game being a manifestation of myself in that game... much as I'd like to think this guy is of me, now. Other times, it goes full out "nothing exists but what is in the game... this world is real, there is no other world.

World of Warcraft - These happen every once in a while. Recently, they've started to fuse with Age of Conan. They usually have me running from gankers somewhere in them... and I'm actually me, too... like... I'm me, look like me, but with armor, and I can feel game, but I think of the other people as players and NPCs... if that makes sense...

D&D - Only 2 so far, as I've been doing it only recently. Don't remember much.

Road Rash - This is back when I was like... 8... so I don't remember much except the general feeling I had them.

All I can think of at the moment... I'm falling asleep. I'll keep going after I sleep... assuming I can remember more...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:02 pm
Right... so, then.

Mechwarrior - playing a normal game, then getting sucked into a mechanized killing machine... fun and terrifying at the same time.

Quake III - Deathmatches become a lot more interesting when you are actually trying not to be killed...

... I actually had another Privateer dream last night... but... it started out Privateer... I was never actually playing a game.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:21 am
Oh wow; those are so kewl Chain. Great examples. I was once playing a Zelda game and suddenly thought I was Zelda. Naturally of course I had dozed off. Every time I would wake up at the same moment. The dream never proceeded any further. That may have something to do with the fact that I'd end up waking up after hitting head on keyboard or desk. But in my dream; I'd wake up at the part where Link would accidentally stab me with his dagger. He was always such a klutz in my dreams. Go figure xp  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:47 am
Oo, nifty! [Oh yeah I said nifty xD] hehe hmmmmmm it has to be a mind boggling question.
Stuff that, what would you say is your favorite sugary treat? =3

loveheart93

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:53 pm
Sugar cookies. Hands down.  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]