Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:31 pm
Exactly. So if the T-002, the prototype was only barely ready for combat deployment, then how could there be T-103s already out and about?

EDIT: Another thing that didn't make sense about Umbrella Chronicles is that... As you recall in Code Veronica, Wesker pretty clearly said things like, "I despise Chris," and "Today's your lucky day, next time we meet, don't count on another." So I think it's pretty clear that Wesker really hates Chris... And everyone's aware of that...

So are we to believe that Wesker would know that Chris was in that Russian facility, and not once, NOT ONCE did he even try to approach him? That's the thing about Umbrella Chronicles, it's very VERY inconsistent with the rest of the series. And I'm saying, remade scenarios aside. Of course, putting those into the picture, and you get total contradictions.

Either way, as far as I'm concerned, it never happened. To me, UC isn't anymore canon than Gun Survivor 2.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:43 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Exactly. So if the T-002, the prototype was only barely ready for combat deployment, then how could there be T-103s already out and about?

EDIT: Another thing that didn't make sense about Umbrella Chronicles is that... As you recall in Code Veronica, Wesker pretty clearly said things like, "I despise Chris," and "Today's your lucky day, next time we meet, don't count on another." So I think it's pretty clear that Wesker really hates Chris... And everyone's aware of that...

So are we to believe that Wesker would know that Chris was in that Russian facility, and not once, NOT ONCE did he even try to approach him? That's the thing about Umbrella Chronicles, it's very VERY inconsistent with the rest of the series. And I'm saying, remade scenarios aside. Of course, putting those into the picture, and you get total contradictions.

Either way, as far as I'm concerned, it never happened. To me, UC isn't anymore canon than Gun Survivor 2.

Wait... a misunderstanding has occured. I said that the T-002 was already established as a base for all T-103s... the T-002 in RE was the one getting improvements, so it would be like installing an incomplete Alpha version of Vista ontop of a fully updated XP OS. So using examples, the T-103 Ivans used a XP base that was customized instead of the incomplete Vista, where as all the other Mr.X used just the basic XP base.

As for Wesker, I remember you saying in another forum how Wesker's character was written differently from the first game and his overall character in the series. So you are saying that his character in Veronica is plausible over his character in UC which I assume was written more like he was in RE and REmake, using someone else' distracting situation for his own ends?

Would you be alright with me making a separate discussion thread about the Tyrant and its variations?  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:02 am
Hah. Yeah, that's a joke. Wesker's character in UC was written NOTHING like he was in REmake.
No, what I meant was, as sequels progressed, Wesker was written more and more differently from his origins. Yes, in Code Veronica he was different. But that's nothing compared to how they wrote him in Umbrella Chronicles. They basically gave him a bunch of stereotypical british (which makes no sense, considering he lived in America for at least the last 20 years of his life) lines, making him speak kinda like this:

"Good evening, Vinessa. How are you this fine night, my dear?"

I can't even express its full extent. Either way, he was nothing like in REmake.

But what I was saying about the post above wasn't HOW he was written, but the decisions they gave him.
Despise is a strong word. And I really don't think Wesker would have said Despise if he didn't mean it. Meaning there's some part of him that detests Chris so much that he almost beat Claire to death just to see Chris suffer. Then by some unfortunate events, some stuff explodes, Wesker burns his eye, and Chris gets away.
Now, five years later, he gets another chance at Chris, and it would have been oh so easy to kill Chris in that facility, but Wesker, not only didn't kill him. He didn't even get near Chris. That did not make sense to me.

EDIT: I suppose.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:15 am
Maybe the urge to kill the retcon introduced character of Sergei was more than his absolute hatred for Chris? Afterall, Chris just screwed up two of his schemes, Sergei ******** up the history of RE apparently thanks to Capcom.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:17 am
Well... Had I been there, instead of Wesker, I could totally understand how killing Sergei would be more appealing than killing Chris. But Sergei wasn't the one who ruined Wesker's personality, Capcom was. So Wesker would've just went after THEM.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:54 am
That would be so totally boss... I don't know if I would be able to contain my glee when I read the headline:

"Wesker breaks CAPCOM".

whee  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:58 am
Well, I think Capcom foresaw that after the travesty of RE4, so they made sure to water him down in UC so that he wouldn't be half as badass anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:36 pm
Woah... Wesker acts British in UC...?  

REaceofclubs

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:38 pm
Yeah... its really terrible. I liked how in Zero, CVX and 4 (ugh... just hush) he had this... upper crust New England way of speaking. I say upper crust because it isn't a Bostonian accent... its refined.

Richard Waugh.... Man oh man... Genius.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:43 pm
But of course, Capcom figured if they were gonna make a game that revolved pretty much completely around Wesker, they'd need a voice actor who doesn't define the character... Yes, make sense of that...

Actually, now I'm starting to wonder. How much of an RE fan is Richard Waugh? Is it possible that he read the script and said, "I'm not doing this."  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:48 pm
I know the accent. Where you sound so properly American that you don't fit in with a particular stereotypical accent. I agree. That's perfect for him.

British accents don't bother me, but he just isn't BRITISH, and that's the problem. Does it say where he's actually from? I always assumed Raccoon City, but this never occured to me until now.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:50 pm
I bet he's not a fan at all. This is some vendetta. I just know it.  

REaceofclubs

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:51 pm
Well, I've written fanfics about his origins, as well as read them... and my favorite theory happens to be that he grew up in an orphanage in New England.... but that's just my twisted mind.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:01 pm
I can see that. Somehow I don't see him having much of a family life. Probably because he isn't a very 'family' oriented man. What with the betraying and all. XD  

REaceofclubs

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:15 pm
I had him in the fostercare system as a young kid... his parents came here from Germany and died of a disease that they had no cure to. Which explained his desire to go into science in the first place.

But that's just me!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces