Books you hated. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When I read a book I hate...
  ...I don't finish it.
  ...I finish it.
  ...I finish it and rant for days about how much time I wasted on that POS.
View Results

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:32 pm
Mother Eve
Volatile Rainbow
Eragon by Christopher Paolini

How do you not like Eragon?

I think I've only had a couple of books I didn't like.

1. Miracles on Maple Hill by someone who's name I've forgotten
2. Beka Cooper by Tamora Pierce
3. What Happened to Lani Garver by ...
4. The Outcasts of 19 Schyler Place by E.L Konigsburg

neutral Heh, I found it pretty damned easy to dislike Eragon. Just because Paolini wrote it when he was sixteen or however old he was didn't make it good. I found it to be a poorly written rip-off of some great fantasy classics.

@jenna of awesomeness: Just because something is "classic" or popular, that doesn't mean it's something everyone will enjoy. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Also, to add another book to my list:
Little Women. I think that's the first book I ever truly despised.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:41 pm
I hate The Peace Keepers. Worst book ever!  

xoxaravisxox

irock708

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:45 pm
POTC4ever
irock708
POTC4ever
irock708
POTC4ever

To Kill a Mocking Bird

O_O

OK, so when you explain why you hate that book, you'd better have a good reason besides "Oh, I had to read it for school" because that is a DUMB reason to hate a book.

But anyways...
You were saying you hated TKAM because...?

No, I was reading it on my own time. It was very dry for me. And I lost it...and it was a library book T crying T. I had to pay $15 for a new one even though it orginally cost $5...T crying T

What was dry about it? And that sucks that you had to pay for it, but it's not really the book's fault that you had to pay for it.. Lol.

still, it was a major turn off and i'm cheap. It was dry due to the simple fact that it was boring. enough said

Hm.. Well, maybe you thought it was boring *shrug*

To each his own.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:01 pm
Okay.... here it goes......

I hate Harry Potter. (Hides behind computer chair from angry mob)  

Collote
Crew

5thmarauder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:27 pm
i couldn't even finish the narnia books. i didn't like them.

and i choose to ignore the harry potter part. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:37 pm
I really dislike the Twilight series.
That's really about it. . .
(And I'm not too estatic about biographies either.)  

Blooming Lotus

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:24 am
@ 5thmarauder: Agreed. I got through one and a half books of the Chronicles and packed the omnibus away to collect dust.

@ Blooming_Lotus: I made it through Twilight, thought it was sub-par. The next two just made me want to bang my head on the desk. I just finished Breaking Dawn and I've been ranting angrily for days to anyone who'll sit still long enough to listen. I thought it was total and absolute drivel.

I was pleasantly surprised with Meyer's other book, The Host. I really got into it. Ended up loving it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:52 am
irock708
Anything by Beverly Cleary biggrin

And most supposedly "realistic" fiction involving teenagers and high school. Which are completely untrue and unrealistic.

dido!
though most people find me rather unusual since I also do not enjoy Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"; though for the last time it's a lust story, not a love story! talk2hand  

lakita_phoenix

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 pm
lakita_phoenix
irock708
Anything by Beverly Cleary biggrin

And most supposedly "realistic" fiction involving teenagers and high school. Which are completely untrue and unrealistic.

dido!
though most people find me rather unusual since I also do not enjoy Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"; though for the last time it's a lust story, not a love story! talk2hand

I found Romeo and Juliet to be Shakespeare's most boring play. Give me A Midsummer's Night Dream anytime 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:34 pm
I can think of something I used to hate. It was the Hobbit... then again I was ten and that was a hard book for a ten year old. Now I love the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings as well.

I do hate the Anne of Green Galbes series, 90 Minutes in Heaven, and a lot of murder mysteries... except Beka Cooper  

Lyrasence

Sparkly Raider

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 pm
eek amazing how books you love others hate . . . wow

I think that almost anything that is requred in school

I hated The Diary of Anne Frank
(textbooks are a pain in the butt to read too xp )
Griffin's Castle by Jenny Nimmo was iffy, but the ending burning_eyes was horrible. I wish the main character had just died, it might have been more exciting or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:45 pm
Well, I'm surprised I haven't added this one yet since I absolutely despise this play/book written by Shakespeare. He may have been good in his time but now some of it is just awful. Richard III is probably the most horrible thing I've seen! Sure, it's okay if you see the play and try to understand the old english, but reading it is slightly boring. Plus, doing it for my SATs probably fuels the fire even more considering we had to literally disect every last section of two scenes. It was hard to even do that!!!! burning_eyes

Now, I'm about to state something I hate about a book that came out recently that I'm loving. Brisingr. I love it and it is amazing but Eragon seems to change his mood every five bloody minutes! First he's heroic. Then he's violent. Then he's confused. Then he's crying into his non-existant pillow. Then he's wanting to get laid by an elf! Can he not just make up his mind and the first chapter or so of the book makes him seem very unlike he does in the other books. It really does. burning_eyes  

XGamerRichy

Amethyst Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:36 pm
I didn't like To Kill a Mocking Bird, but that's the only one I can think of right now.
*Ponders*
I think hating Eragon because it was written by a 15 year old is a really weird reason to hate it. It shouldn't even be a reason, though it certianly wasn't the best book in the world...

*Continues pondering*
I couldn't get through The Hobbit. I don't know if I dislike it, though, because I never finished it.
I dislike those weird romance novels that are just like "Omg I love you, lets do inappropriate things! Again and again and again...by the way, what's your name?"
I only liked one Princess Diaries book, the one the first movie is based off of. After that they get really bad.
I didn't really like Beka Cooper either.
I like Twilight, but I hate how people think it's amazing or something. I love Edward, but Bella is too whiney and she makes me mad. Stephenie isn't the best writer in the world and it didn't have much imagination put into it, but I absolutely adore the Cullen family.

I think the pregnancy hormones are making me ramble stupidly, so I'm going to shut up now.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:58 am
Kasi Karra

I hated The Diary of Anne Frank

WHY??????????????????? You've got to understand that this book is VERY important to some people because it represents something very horrible that happened. You need to explain something like that.  

penandpaper67
Captain

Spencers Gifts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:19 pm
Copper Sun by Sharon Draper. We were supposed to read it junior year in high school. Absolutely horrible, and far below the level we should have been reading at.

If they needed to shove books about slavery down our throats, they could at least shoved good ones down there.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff