Reply -RP- Andor
Caemlyn Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:13 pm
((I"m not going to be here tomorrow- er, later today- so, eh.))

Cobain stood in the doorway of the stables, pointedly ignored by both women. Due to the lack of voices, he guessed there was something to do with the Power at work. He sighed and leaned against the wall, his bardiche in the crook of his elbow.

(( I'm out- later.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:21 pm
(Sorry, Fubar had to go get her license after waiting three years. Hooray for me!)

Kiae was indeed mad Cobain had followed her, but couldn't do anything about it at the moment. Allowing herself the satisfaction of rolling her eyes, she returned her gaze to Esole.
"Well?" she hinted. "What am I supposed to say? You're the one that wanted my help, for whatever reason, so what do you want to know? I've studied the New Order for years - I consider myself an expert on them," she added dryly, not bragging, but merely stating the facts.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:39 pm
(Congrats, Fubar!)

Esole eyed the man in the doorway. She had hoped Ethin would keep people away. Esole returned her gaze to the Yellow and mustered all the calm she had in her and said what she'd been dreading to admit, "I have reason to believe that I am being targeted by the New Order. Though few may be after me, they are strong. Some of the few remaining Black Ajah members. I do not know why they're after me, only that it's dangerous for me to remain in one place for too long." She let out a sigh of relief and stared and the ground angrily.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:25 am
(Thanks!)

Kiae eyed the woman calmly, and shrugged. "And?" she asked. "What do you want me to do about it? Tell you a secret I know to drive them away? You're not the only one being hunted, believe me. And Black Ajah? I don't believe they're as strong as they used to be - the cleansing affected them somehow."
She knew her words were sharp, and her tone insultive, but she was seething inside. The woman had put herself in danger intentionally - that was the risks of tracking the New Order. Kiae knew that when she began. And by approaching Kiae, Esole had put her in more danger than before - and if Esole had been wrong about Kiae's intentions, she would have made a very huge mistake indeed.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:24 am
(What cleansing are you talking about? I'm confused sweatdrop )

Esole's brain was racing. Had she been wrong? Was this Aes Sedai one of the few remaining Black Ajah? She was frantic inside yet somehow managed to keep her face smooth.
Esole clicked her tongue in vexation. Her voice took on a new edge, "I'm not asking for your protection. Since you know so much about the New Order, one can only assume that you're after them as well. I'm suggesting that we go after them together. It may have only been by happenstance that you came to the same inn as the one I was staying in but I take it for a blessing from the Creator." She took a deep breath and fixed a stern gaze at the other woman. Things would have been much easier had the woman been weaker than her in the Power. Kiae would have had to defer to her. Chance was against her. They were nearly identical in strength.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 am
After gaining enough knowledge to satisfy himself, Ethin let go of the fat innkeeper's shirt and brushed off his hands in disgust. The man repulsed him. Ethin thought the man had some sense of dignity but as soon as he started questioning him, the man was dribbling up useless information about his inn and begging him not to kill him.
The jumble of emotions in the back of his mind told him that Esole was not doing so well with her little talk with the Yellow. Why she had gone to the stables, of all places, to talk was beyond him. So solemnly Ethin marched to the stable entrance and stood just inside the doorway near Cobain. He squatted low and swirled a few looses pieces of hay on the ground with his finger. The position was much more comfortable then it appeared. He had to thank the Aiel for teaching him that.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:35 pm
(The cleansing of saidar - I always kinda thought that once the One Power was equal with men and women, Black Ajah would be affected...I dunno, ignore me. I had little sleep...)

Kiae held the gaze calmly, hints of a smile dimpling her cheeks slightly. She had to admit, it amused her, this conversation with the Green - to an extent.
"I work better on my own," she replied, not giving it a second thought. She didn't want other people to worry about - Andurael could always take of himself - and she didn't want to be held back. "And I'm not Black Ajah."
Seeing Esole's face, she allowed herself a full smile. "I can't read your mind, don't worry. But it's obvious what you're thinking. I don't know about a blessing, since I had no plans to form a party."
Kiae's thoughts unknowingly mirrored Esole's as well - it would have been easier if she was stronger. Even if Esole was stronger, Kiae wouldn't have given in anyway; she thought that custom was pointless. Strength didn't mean better. She wasn't sure who had the edge, though, and didn't want to have to find out. All she wanted to do was leave.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:53 pm
(Ah, I see.)

Esole's face flushed deeply with anger. She hoped the other woman would take it for embarrassment. "Then if we have nothing further to discuss." It took a firm hold on her emotions to keep her from seething and taking out her fury on the Yellow. Esole stood and slowly made her way to Ethin, who had made good timing in his appearance.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:03 pm
(Sorry!)

Kiae merely watched the Green stalk away, and shook her head briefly. She didn't need to worry about others' safety anymore, and she liked it that way. Besides, she wasn't going to willing drag anyone along with her.
She frowned slightly to herself.
She knew where she was going, and it wasn't anywhere she would take someone. "But does the Green realize what this path leads to?" she wondered, her conscious smacking her. She shrugged and ignored it - with luck, Esole would hit dead ends and remain safe. She didn't like the woman, but she would wish her well against the New Order.
"Good luck, then, if you're leaving. And stay safe," Kiae said, and realized it was probably the only positive thing she had said the entire conversation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:08 pm
Frosty calm overcame Esole. She stopped midstride to stare at Kiae. She had half suspected the woman to give her ill wishes. "We'll meet again," Esole murmured as she turned to go. Ethin stood and followed her out, having a deadly grace even in doing that. She sighed and knew that he'd have a few choice words for her. She fought the urge to look back as she left. Esole had a feeling the woman was still watching her walk out.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:11 pm
(Should I instigate an attack for the heck of it?)

Kiae only shrugged, and strode further into the stables to find her horse. Stroking the gelding's nose, she sighed.
It wasn't that she didn't want company - it was the fact she didn't want to lead someone into danger. Which was exactly where she was going.
"I know what I'm getting into. She doesn't. Teaming up will only make it more risky," Kiae scolded herself, trying to justify her turning away help.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:21 pm
(Go for it)

As they strode back to their room, Ethin pondered what had made Esole so upset. He knew that it couldn't be her talk with the other Aes Sedai. That woman could never have set Esole off like that without physically attacking her.

"We need to talk," he declared as he shut the door behind him. She sighed and looked up at him as she took a seat on her bed and threw her cloak aside. Her eyes had an odd twinkle to them. Something about that tugged at the back of his mind but he couldn't seem to put a finger on what it meant.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:29 pm
(Okay. Not sure if you were going to post as Esole first or not...will edit/delete if necessary!)

Kiae glanced back, and saw in exasperation that Cobain was still there. Muttering something under her breath, she suddenly stiffened as she sensed something moving.
"Who's there?" she whispered, realizing she almost was a sitting duck for the New Order without Andurael. There was no reply, but Hael suddenly reared back, whinnying loudly. Kiae jumped back, barely avoiding a kick in the head, and embraced the Power.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:42 pm
(I'm confused. Do you want me to go back and post as Esole?)

Esole looked away from Ethin's hard gaze as a tear trickled down her cheek. "Ethin, I'm tired of running. We've approached some of the most powerful people and they merely brushed off our news. We've almost fallen into the New Order's hands countless times since leaving the Tower," she cried. "And now, that woman is channeling just to mock me. I'll show her," she shouted in a fury. Quickly, she gathered her cloak and fastened around her neck. Ethin's gaze said he understood.
"I'm coming with you," he murmured. After she nodded, he strode out the door leaving her to follow.  

Professor Inky
Captain

-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas