Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Cult RPG. New ******** update@@@@@@==== ((page 118)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:51 am
dragn99
Can I be the barkeep?
I've always wanted to be a barkeep...
Or a summoner, either's good.
Oh, and game looks awesome, and full of win.

nerdy asked for the barkeeper job first..

I already claimed the wise perma-drunk hobo warrior in the bar, don't try!! ( I know you want it )  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:06 pm
Hey Denko, if you need help with music, I may be able to help you. I've been told I'm good at applying music to scenery to make it fit.  

Mephisto D

Dark_Links

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:19 pm
That looks so cool. If I could be a playable character, can the rose in my mouth be my weapon? Kind of like Kurama from Yu-Yu Hakushow (sp). If I can't be a playable character then make me a villain?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:22 pm
Dark_Links
That looks so cool. If I could be a playable character, can the rose in my mouth be my weapon? Kind of like Kurama from Yu-Yu Hakusho (Fixed). If I can't be a playable character then make me a villain?

Actually, I think it would be cool to have villains become unlockable characters.  

Mephisto D

Dark_Links

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:24 pm
Mephisto D
Dark_Links
That looks so cool. If I could be a playable character, can the rose in my mouth be my weapon? Kind of like Kurama from Yu-Yu Hakusho (Fixed). If I can't be a playable character then make me a villain?

Actually, I think it would be cool to have villains become unlockable characters.

Now there's a thought. idea And thanks for fixing my mistake.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:36 pm
He was actually coined "Jack" before 8BitJack came to the Cult. =o  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:38 pm
It's true. I have the data.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:46 pm
Quote:
melikefood:
Sweet!
I wanna help with the graphic stuff...

I'm pretty much s**t when it comes to programming... D:

Can I get the base sprites so I can make them look like people?

Are there gonna be summoning attacks?
If there are, I'd like to be the cuisine type summon. (Massive use of MP, full heal)
I can get to animating it and stuff...

Do you have a link to a sprite resource or something?

Flood of questions, sorry.

I don't really need help with graphic stuff right now, but I might later. Thanks for offering. As for summoning attacks, those are really hard to code (trust me) but if I can do it, then they will be in the game.

ChaosTorrent: Yes, you will be in.

Quote:
Yuan Lovell:
Awesome. I like it.
I've worked with RPG Maker versions before but it always took me forever to get things done. Even though I've always liked the outcome. <3
RPG Maker is a fine tool as long as you put enough time and custom work into it. ^^"
I'm curious to see where this is going so I'll definitely check back here every once in a while. Good luck with it Denko. =3

Thanks for your encouragement. RPG Maker games can be really fun if you make them right, yeah.

Quote:
Sounds cool.

I think I'm one of the only people here that wants to be a villain if you decide to put me in the game.

The Crimson King, Lord Mephisto D

Sure, you can be a villain.

Quote:
Regulust: Looks awesome. I'm betting Denko's character is the blond one with goggles in your sig.

>_> I told you it was obvious. Also, you can be a girl character like you said.

Quote:
Nerdyninja:
Good job dude, looks great dude. If I'm in it can I run the pub?

There's more than one pub, but yeah. You can have Armino.  

Denko

Denko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:06 pm
Quote:
Tatsuman:
Well, good luck.

The last hundred thousand attempts at a Cult game have disappeared without a trace. I think you could pull it off though, Denko.

Again, good luck.

Thanks Tatsu. One of my main points with this game was to show a CultGame could be done, and be done well.

Quote:
Wantcookie: Wow. How did I miss this thread?
Looks awesome.
Legitimate question: What are the battle animations and spells going to look like? Will the "Attack" command look different for different weapons?

Skills/Spells all have different animations. That's one of the few things that I borrow from a website rather than make myself, but they do look really good. Basically, when you use the Attack command, the character runs up to the monster you choose and an animation above the character or on the enemy is displayed. For a sword, it's a slashing animation.

Regulust: I thought about Jack already, and as Fish said I made up that name for the character before 8Bit-Jack was here. So now that it's been brought to my attention, Jack will stay Jack, but I'll call 8Bit-Jack "Eight Bit." That can be one of the characters for the steampunk/machine town that's planned, and he can be a robot.

Quote:
insanitycheeseboy:
Awesome! I can't wait! Alright, here comes the question flood.
1) What's the posibility of me being a playable character?
2) If I am, then can I have cheese based moves?
3) Can Fish use Aeroblast?
4) Can I at least have a good part in it?
5) How about the name Josh?
6) Will the different playable charaters have different moves?
7) Can Shoop da Whoop be an attack?
8. About how many playable charatcers will there be?

1) You will be.
2) Sure.
3) That's his ultimate attack.
4) Yours will probably be in-between a minor and major part.
5) No. It's Jack. XD I don't want to go back and change all of the dialogue I've already inputted already.
6) Obviously. Depending on their class firstly, and if they're an important character, they'll have variations of those class skills tailored to the character. Like Fish having Aeroblast.
7) Shoop da Whoop is Rom's ultimate attack.
8 ) That depends on how big the game is. My game script allows for as many as I want, so really the sky is the limit, but I have to stop somewhere. My main priority is making a good game, so I'm not gonna put characters just for the sake of having characters. If a character is playable, there has to be a reason they are joining Jack's party and they have to fit in the story. I do plan on releasing expansion packs once the game is finished to add more side stories and characters. So you can look forward to that if someone doesn't make it into the game. Obviously though, some Culties are playable, some are just NPCs with a lot of dialogue. Some don't mind not being playable, which makes it easy on me. I'd rather take creative license and pick who the main story characters are anyway.

Kagura: Thanks for your encouragement. pirate

Thanks Wayne. mrgreen I work fast but in separated bursts. I can only work on the game when I'm not at work or busy at home, so in the short time I have I try to complete as much as possible. There's actually a lot more I've done that the screenshots don't show. Several areas are finished. I'd say the intro chapter is nearly complete, all I need to do is cutscene polishing.

Tonberry: I guess that means you want to be an enemy. Okay. I think you can be a mini-boss.

Pho: Thanks man. Epic sauce indeed.

Harusame: We'll see. I can fit you in, I'm sure.

Quote:
Kathulu:
I haff a simple request.

If a city gets attacked or something can I just be the first one to be killed? Just like, i get blown up or decapitated, or something like that. I would be happy if I die.

Sure, but that's kinda sad. Is that really what you want?

Dragn: Sure, why not.

Quote:
Mephisto D:
Hey Denko, if you need help with music, I may be able to help you. I've been told I'm good at applying music to scenery to make it fit.

No thanks, I'm totally good on music right now. I have pretty much all the background and theme music I need, and I can compose more myself if I need it.

Quote:
Dark_Links:
That looks so cool. If I could be a playable character, can the rose in my mouth be my weapon? Kind of like Kurama from Yu-Yu Hakushow (sp). If I can't be a playable character then make me a villain?

We will see; at this point I don't know how everyone will fit. But I will try to make you happy.

Quote:
Mephisto D:

As a matter of fact, that will probably happen (I've thought about that already), but only for story reasons and not just "Oh hey you beat him you can have him now."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 pm
DENKO.
This one's for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCvk5A6_3LE  

TooHyphy

Denko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:15 pm
l-Kriel-l

Enterbrain makes RMVX look so easy. It's not. XD
But yeah, they're known for their terrible Engrish.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 pm
Denko
l-Kriel-l

So it's almost not like cheating?
Salsa!  

TooHyphy

Denko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:18 pm
l-Kriel-l
Denko
l-Kriel-l

Salsa!
Well, the program is easier to use than past versions but there's still lots of things that take time to learn. And scripting is a pain in the a**, still.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:19 pm
*raises hand* One more question. Can I have Hydro Cannon?

EDIT: Would it make things any easier if I made a moveset for myself?

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

TooHyphy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:22 pm
Denko
l-Kriel-l
Denko
l-Kriel-l

Salsa!

Well, the program is easier to use than past versions but there's still lots of things that take time to learn. And scripting is a pain in the a**, still.
I bet it is. >.>  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces