Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jesus is Lord!
  Amen!
View Results

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Well first of all, drinking is not a sin.
Drunkenness is the sin. Look in Galatians under "Deeds of the Flesh".
You'll find it there.

Most wine that people drank was not 100% wine. In fact, it was mostly water. You see, water in the ancient days was often contaminated because people didn't have filters and things like that back then. So they would add wine to help kill off possible bacteria. Wine, as you know, is alcohol. Alcohol brings death to bacteria and other deadly diseases.

As for many women, there are many answers to that. One of them has all ready been given. Another reason why men were not allowed to have multiple wives after a certain point was because such a thing was no longer needed. God said in Genesis to "Be fruitful and multiply". By having multiple wives, humans could produce more and more humans. They could populate the earth.

Once the earth was pretty populated, multiple wives were no longer necessary and God decreed that men and women be as they should have been from the beginning: monogamous, or having only one spouse.

I hope that answered your question. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:55 am
Scarlet_Teardrops

Well of course we change and adapt. If we did not, we would have a very hard time surviving in new environments. That just shows how much of a genius God really is.

I believe that the dinosaurs were all killed off in the flood. Most of their remains are found under layers of sediment and sandstone and limestone, both of which involve water. And they've found evidence that humans and dinosaurs may have walked the earth together. Mind you, the layers could have just as easily been from the many, many years.

Of course, they've also discovered that dinosaurs were probably warm blooded and, quite possibly, had fur.

And of course I'm aware that humans wrote the Bible, but I believe that they were inspired by the Spirit of God to do so.

I'm going to assume that the answer is yes, the Bible does contradict the "Theory of Evolution".

I totally agree with you there scarlet. and you know what else? the bible DOES mention something like a dinosaur or a dragon in Job. We had a chapel talk on it. lol.
this is God talking to Job. I have NIV.
Job 40:15-18
"Look at the Behemoth, whish i made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles in his belly.His tail sways like a cedar: the sinews of his thighs are close knit.His bones are like tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron."
know here is something else about the Leviathan:
Job 41:1-10
"Can you pull the leviathan with a fishhook, or ties down his toungue with a rope? Can you put a cord through his nose or pierce his jaw with a hook? Will he keep begging you for mercy? Will he speak to you with gentle words? Will he make an agreement with you for you to take him as your slave for life? Can you make a pet of him like a bird? or put a leash on him for your girls? Will traders barter for him? Will they divide him up among the merchants? Can you fill his hide up with harpoons, or his head with fishing spears? If you lay a hand on him, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!! Any hope of subdoing him is false, the mere sight of him is overpowering.No one is feirce enough to rouse him.

and the thing about these passages is that Job knew what God was talking about!!  

Entwined Ivy

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Ha, I know what you mean!
Job is an awesome book in so many ways.

Praise God! He is good and He is holy!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:05 am
Hello. I'm Nero. I have a question about Paganism and Christianity. Specifically, three things I am curious about.

What does God say about Pagans/Wiccans/New Age Beliefs?

Second, I was previously studying and practicing Witchcraft, of the Wiccan variety, and so, what does it say in the Bible about people of other faiths returning to God?

Third. Probably the most important of them all. Will I go to Hell, having been a witch, who is now seeking out God? Please, whomever answers any of my questions, along with posting them here in the thread, also private message a copy to myself.

Thankyou.  

Nero-Sama

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Entwined Ivy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:38 pm
Well the truth nero is that God despises witchcraft. In the old testiment, It was first comanded by God that witchcraft was the work of the devil, and people practicing it were to be killed. This included fortune tellers, seers, witches, warlocks, wizards, ect. Now I don't believe you will go to hell if you truly believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who was sent down to earth to die for our sins. I mean you can't pretend to believe it. It has to be TRULY in your HEART and SOUL and MIND. You must also renounce the ways of the Wicca. They practice things that are unholy in God's eyes. I am so pleased and I thank the Lord that he brought you here, so that you could learn about his wonders. If I left any questions unanswered or you have new ones, fell totally free to pm me about them. I will always try my best to help someone seeking the Lord. biggrin

~*God Bless You!*~  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:59 pm
why is wicca such an evil thing in god's eyes? the main thing about wicca is a respect for life and teaches alot of the same things christianity does, like dont kill and love your family  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:32 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Okay, so I've noticed several Christians these days coming out and saying "Evolution doesn't go against the Bible". I don't understand if they're trying to win over people who are Atheists and such or what. All I know is that I have to disagree. Reason:

"Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground." Genesis 2:7

Bang. There are no monkeys or anything like that. In fact, Adam wasn't even child. He was a man, a grown adult.

Also, how He created Eve:

"While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man." Genesis 2:21-22

The Big Bang theory doesn't work for the Bible either, because God had first created the earth and had put vegetation on it when He decided that the sun and moon would be created.

If anyone can tell me how these do not contradict Evolution and the "Accident", please do.

That theory doesn't fit the Biblical definition, no, but the big bang theory could. Think about it...God spoke and bang there it was. Don't you think when He was forming and shaping the earth there was some bangs? No humans didn't evolve from apes. But there is such a thing as micro evolution. Take the elephant for example, it's closest cousin is the mammath. Obviously the elephant is smaller than the mammath, but their structure is relatively the same.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:39 pm
Nero-Sama
Hello. I'm Nero. I have a question about Paganism and Christianity. Specifically, three things I am curious about.

What does God say about Pagans/Wiccans/New Age Beliefs?

The Bible isn't specific on those subjects. While God is against witchcraft and He is clear on that in the Bible. I think the reason why is because He would rather we put our complete trust in Him rather than spiritual mediums.

Quote:
Second, I was previously studying and practicing Witchcraft, of the Wiccan variety, and so, what does it say in the Bible about people of other faiths returning to God?

Are you talking about like going to Heaven vs. going to hell?

Quote:
Third. Probably the most important of them all. Will I go to Hell, having been a witch, who is now seeking out God?

If you repent, accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, and agree to obey all His commandments from here on out.

It's not up to man to decide your final fate. That is left up to the Lord alone!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:42 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Well first of all, drinking is not a sin.
I disagree
Quote:
Drunkenness is the sin.
Agree
Quote:
Look in Galatians under "Deeds of the Flesh".
You'll find it there.

Where at in Galatians?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:46 pm
heart_of_a_fighter
I have one more question...(sorry! sweatdrop ) Someone told me that God's real name is Jahova, (or Jahoba?) and I asked my dad who is a Christian, and he said all he knew was that he's heard of Jahova's witnesses or followers. I can't remember it exactly, but is any of this true?

Jesus has many names. He was known as Jehovah in the Old Testament,  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:55 pm

Dear Shanna,

Perhaps Wicca is not as evil as it is claimed to be.
Personally, I know several people who used to be wiccan and agree that it was a very dark belief indeed.
But whether Wicca is evil or not,
It is not faith in Jesus Christ.

Therefore, you cannot have salvation.
Because Jesus Christ is the only way into heaven.

Consider this: one of the Ten Commandments says not to have any other gods aside from God. Well, by believing in something other than God you are breaking this commandment. That's one reason why Wicca is detestable in God's eyes. Because Christianity is not just about respect for life, not murdering, and loving people. It's about faith in Christ and His sacrifice. It is less a religion and more a way of life.

Dear Shadows-shine,

Drinking alcohol is not wrong unless you are taking a Nazirite vow (Numbers 6:1-4). It is drunkenness that is a sin. The reason is that drunkenness leads to brawling, boasting, and more. To have say, a glass of wine with dinner, is not a sin.

It's similar to sex. The act itself is not evil if you are married and it is with your spouse. However, adultery and pre-marital sex are both wrong.

You can find the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23.

Deeds of the flesh are listed right before the fruit. It's Galatians 5:19-21.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:53 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Dear Shanna,

Perhaps Wicca is not as evil as it is claimed to be.
Personally, I know several people who used to be wiccan and agree that it was a very dark belief indeed.
But whether Wicca is evil or not,
It is not faith in Jesus Christ.

Therefore, you cannot have salvation.
Because Jesus Christ is the only way into heaven.

Consider this: one of the Ten Commandments says not to have any other gods aside from God. Well, by believing in something other than God you are breaking this commandment. That's one reason why Wicca is detestable in God's eyes. Because Christianity is not just about respect for life, not murdering, and loving people. It's about faith in Christ and His sacrifice. It is less a religion and more a way of life.

Dear Shadows-shine,

Drinking alcohol is not wrong unless you are taking a Nazirite vow (Numbers 6:1-4). It is drunkenness that is a sin. The reason is that drunkenness leads to brawling, boasting, and more. To have say, a glass of wine with dinner, is not a sin.

It's similar to sex. The act itself is not evil if you are married and it is with your spouse. However, adultery and pre-marital sex are both wrong.

You can find the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23.

Deeds of the flesh are listed right before the fruit. It's Galatians 5:19-21.

what if you have sex with the person you are about to marry? is that still a sin?  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:36 am

Shanna, I love your questions.
Not only are they challenging, but they are genuine.

I've been thinking about the subject of pre-marital sex for a while now, actually. I think we need to look into it further.

I have not actually seen anything in the Bible that speaks directly about pre-marital sex. If any of you have passages, PLEASE give them to me. I genuinely beg you.

The Bible speaks heavily, however, on sexual immorality. Sexual immorality includes lust, adultery, homosexuality, and sexual impurity. However, I think we can just lump sexual immorality and sexual impurity together, as it is sexually immoral actions that lead to sexual impurity.

The reason we wait until marriage to have sex is because it's SAFE. Your chances of contracting STDs, having an unexpected pregnancy, and giving yourself away to the wrong person are all reasons to wait until marriage to have sex. It keeps both people pure for each other until after the wedding. Think about it. Those are a ton of problems easily avoided by waiting until marriage to have sex.

Sadly, despite conjectures and little things like this, I am afraid I cannot answer your question. I must think more about this myself before I can give you a proper answer. Let me pray about it and get with you when I have something more substantial. Hopefully somebody else can possibly give you an answer before then, and maybe me too. I hope the information helped.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:09 am
it did, thank you ^.^  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:49 pm
i just finished reading the parts about noah today. so yes im still at the begining ( i had alot of chores to do this week and not much time for reading)

why did god make everyone live for so long then decide we should lot live past 120?

also why was adam so quick to blame eve? he took no blame on himself for eating the fruit. as soon as god accused him of eating it he just pointed his fingers at his wife like she had put a gun to his head. though maybe im just looking too much inmto it and the writer forgot to add the rest of the conversation.

and what happened to cain's decnedents after the flood? did they survive?  
Bible Questions and Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff