Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Have you ever been banned or demoted from a Guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has this happened to you?
  yes
  no
View Results

Bestmom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 am
My daughter demoted me and banned me .. but she was trying to take the guild in a different direction, still unsure for kicking everyone out tho O_o?? Oh well I'm not that worried about it, I have enought problems staying active in my first guild The Adults of Gaia ^_^.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:00 am
winnter_spirals
i was banned from a couple of guilds simply for not posting as much as they wanted me to...i'm sorry i had a life to live.....

I've banned members for that reason, stops the place from being cluttered.

If you're not going to post, don't join. *shrug*  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

pheonix20222

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:00 pm
I agree  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:40 pm
I'm not sure if it counts but I was banned from a clan ("The Imperium of Shadow" now "Phoenix Resurrection") from vice captain status when suddenly the captain decided to completely purge the clan and rebuild. I said I was gonna quit but before I could he banned me. Was really gay and after I left the clan just fell apart.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lodemai Poison

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:33 pm
I've been demoted from crew to member in the Burn guild because I asked her to. I let Elysia know I was gonna be inactive for quite a while because I had relationship issues as well as exams, coursework and actual work. Also, I had personal issues =/ I didn't mind and I still post on occasion smile
xx  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:10 am
I was demoted by my own VC once. But I had asked her to (yes, that's how much I trust her), because I broke one of my own rules. The guild has one main rule, "No Swearing!", and I was out of line one day. Guild rules say you get 7 days probation. So she re-promoted me after my week was up.  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:25 pm
sounds like a very stupid rule to me ...

I might soon find myself demoted here if I keep arguing with the developers and the other mods. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 pm
It happened to me once. I was demoted, only because the guild wasn't doing so well and they had to shut it down.  

Sakura Ashida

I Just Wont Die

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:11 pm
You want a true horror story?

I got in a fight with another guild mod. The guild captain took my side, but didn't ban the other guild mod because we were short on mods.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

I was banned about an hour after this exchange. The Site Developer who banned me was friends with another moderator in the guild, who didn't like me. I had never committed any actual offense except "banning people unfairly" which, as I'm sure you all know, isn't against GGN TOS. He stalk-banned me through about five or six accounts through the next three weeks. I'm including his username here only because he's already been laid off.

Any questions?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:08 pm
Well, I don't like all the people swearing everywhere. But it was more a joke than anything, that I got demoted. Everyone had a good laugh about it.  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 am
Wow Die, that's malicious for them! I'm glad they got fired.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:35 pm
Yes, a good two years ago. I was a VC, and third in rank of the guild. While the Cap took a break for school purposes, the (inactive) VC ahead of me got annoyed and decided to demote me to member. I left soon after, since her actions were based on her opinions and no one else's. A majority of the crew left with me, and sadly, we all left the guild in shambles.

I am happy to say that it is surviving, and that VC is no longer a member of the guild.  

Caladbolg

4,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:25 pm
I Just Wont Die
You want a true horror story?

I got in a fight with another guild mod. The guild captain took my side, but didn't ban the other guild mod because we were short on mods.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/the_computer_virus/Ariesboy571replyscreenshot1-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/the_computer_virus/Ariesboy571replyscreenshot2-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/the_computer_virus/Ariesboy571replyscreenshot3-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/the_computer_virus/Ariesboy571replyscreenshot4-1.jpg
I was banned about an hour after this exchange. The Site Developer who banned me was friends with another moderator in the guild, who didn't like me. I had never committed any actual offense except "banning people unfairly" which, as I'm sure you all know, isn't against GGN TOS. He stalk-banned me through about five or six accounts through the next three weeks. I'm including his username here only because he's already been laid off.

Any questions?

It's amusing how incredibly uninformed you are on this despite the number of times it has been explained to you why you were banned [and will continue to be banned] from both the site and the guild.

Let me start by explaining to you once again why you were demoted and banned from the Gaian Gay and Bisexual Boy's Guild.
You were proven to be guilty of scamming a guild member. I have provided evidence of a member making a confession of his involvement to the scam.
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/smearthequeer87/scamproof.jpg
This user's view of me is obviously low, however it is coming from a troll who has been banned multiple times on multiple accounts from the guild.
Now you know why you were banned from the guild. This alone could be used to ban you from the site as well. This is also in conjunction with your tyrannical behavior as a moderator in the guild. Now you know.

Now for the reason behind why you were banned from Gaia Online, and why you are STILL continuing to get banned.
Ariesboy571 [Now CirqueDelFeu] did not ban you under his own decisions. They were overlooked and approved by both Siskataya and Moonblossom. Now, allow me to quote another site dev in order to prove that Ariesboy did nothing that could be considered stepping over his boundaries as a developer:

Jakobo
I can't comment directly on the issue, but as a developer, I know we are not supposed to take any moderating action, and when we do we have to get an admin to look at something.

There you go. Ariesboy571's actions were correct and just. If they were not, he would not have been allowed to stay employed with the site for more than a year after taking action against your accounts. Ariesboy571 was not the only employee who continued banning your accounts after the incident either. I would also like to include that I was not friends with Ariesboy571 at the time of this incident. The only contact I had with him at the time was the evidence I provided to him and the other admins against you.

Honestly I can understand why no one would bother to keep you informed, because they really had no reason to. I am merely doing so in order to inform those who you are deceiving and to defend those who you are accusing of being in the wrong.
You were banned [and I am providing a direct quote from a Gaia Online Administrator] for the following:

Dri
Hello Mendori,

Normally we do not want to discuss this matter in public, however in your post you mentioned "feel free to respond in detail" and this is why we have replied with the details.

The reason your account was banned, and any future accounts from you will also be banned, is that you have publicly admitted to your desire/attraction of young persons (***** and Ephebophilia). We have indisputable evidence of your posting and IP/ISP information. Out of concern and the safety of Gaia members, we cannot allow you to post this information and/or solicit young persons in the manner in which you have done.

Sincerely,
The Gaia Administrative Team

There is also more:

Dri
Hello Mendori,

We do apologize for making a general statement about the reason you have been banned, which you have posted above, is the reason why we commented as such in this thread.

We do not intentionally discriminate against any group for their thoughts. However, if we have reason to believe that there are activities being practiced or encouraged on our site that we deem inappropriate, we will take action. I believe this is the core source of confusion and frustration, which initiated a lot of what happened with your situation.

In addition to the ban reason that you have posted here, you had been making trolling posts on all the banned accounts you have mentioned here. This is why your accounts were continuing to be banned and discouraged us from believing your accounts would be put to good use if you were unbanned. If you are able to use your account(s) on Gaia going forward without trolling, they will not continue to be banned.

If you wish to further discuss the possibility of having your banned accounts returned to you, please contact us using the form located at
www.gaiaonline.com/help

Thank you,
Dri

You were also using the site's forums in order to promote equal rights for *****. You have every right to fight for what you think is right, however it is incredibly inappropriate to do so on a site for children.
Even after being given a chance to prove yourself by Dri, you refused to take what was given to you, and would only comply if everything were on your terms.

Not only this, but you have obviously not changed your ways since being banned, as quoted from the same source as the rest of my quotes:

Penny Forethoughts
I would advise anyone against ever responding in any way to such persons in this genre because the experts report this is exactly what they are seeking as a "thrill" when they speak publically about their taboo lifestyles. Currently this same person still resides at Gaia under the name "I Just Won't Die" ( as he stated above) & is running a thread (see link below) that contains a much more unabridged version of his illicit viewpoints as he stated in detail above. As recently as today, I personally witnessed him doing all of the activities that Gaia's employee, Dri. originally banned him for & stated in her correspondences above. Just as he claims above, Mendori has many internet venues where he publishes versions of his manifesto which promotes ***** as being harmless. Why would Mendori have need to come here to resolve this when he always had an active account on Gaia & was concurrently using it to resolve this matter on Gaia (see above)? I'm afraid this is just the way he operates. Many admins, devs, moderators & members find it very frustrating. Denying such persons an audience & venue is the only way to get the message across & not play into their plans.

Title as found in Gaia (deleted expletives)
The Official ***** Thread (by Mendori, aka "I Just Won't Die")
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/extended-discussion/the-official-thread-itt-we-source-our-s-t/t.47135091/ This particular thread has been deleted for obvious reasons

For anyone interested enough to look further into this and see where my sources are coming from, visit this thread:
http://getsatisfaction.com/gaiaonline/topics/site_dev_handling_a_tos_case_for_a_friend_of_his_i_was_banned_without_reason_and_then_stalk_banned

One last thing I would like to include:
The accusations you made claiming that I "hated you and would do anything to bring you down and even went so far as to make death threats toward you. Finally, he went to a Site Developer" are completely untrue. Not once did I say anything remotely near this, and I can't believe you would have the audacity to make such false claims. Ariesboy571 approached me on this situation. Actually, judging by your character, I take that back. I would expect nothing short of despicable behavior from you. Even when I asked you about these accusations in your thread, you did not acknowledge it in the slightest and could only throw insults.

Thats about it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:34 pm
Metalic_Noodles

I lurk in this guild, or try to, at least once a day.

It is just that I having been tearing heads off in the Captain's guild anymore.

~Metalic_Noodles

I remember you!

We chewed up a noob in the GCN after posting something so stupid reguarding his guild. remember the kid who was like "JOIN MY NARUTO GUILD" and he wouldn't take a hint?  

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:56 am

More on topic:
I've been banned from a guild. I gave the captain a low rating in an avatar thread, and he banned me. Oh well.

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff