Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:27 pm
"You may tell your Warder I'm sorry, but I think I will only be hindered remaining," Kiae said coolly, skirts swishing as she strode from the room. She wondered if she should seek Ethin out, and decided to. She hated leaving things unsaid, and wanted to speak to him herself.
His words hurt her, truthfully - they stung at something deep inside her. It was almost the same thing Sevran had said when she made the decision to leave her child and become an Aes Sedai.
"You're not the woman I thought you were," he had accused her. She was beginning to wonder if they were all right. Was she becoming something hateful in her mission to eradicate the New Order and protect those she loved?
She furrowed her brow in confusion, almost tripping over a stone in the road as she wandered the streets.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Esole glared after the Yellow. The woman could have at least shut the door. Sighing, Esole shut the door and decided she would retire early for the night.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:45 pm
Kiae finally found the Warder, in the same spot he had found her earlier. Shaking her head, she sat down on the damp grass beside him, heedless of her skirts.
"I am sorry," she said, hoping he understood she was being honest.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:50 pm
Ethin shrugged his shoulders uncomfortably, trying to think of the right response. "Aes Sedai do as they please. Those beneath them must only live with their choices and work around them," he said blandly, face blank.
She had made an effort to find him and apologize. Why was he being this way? "Because she hurt you and you're too woolheaded to forget it," a voice muttered in the back of his mind.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:04 pm
"I try not to do that," Kiae told him gently. "I do my best to work around those I live with." She paused, and stared up at the sky. It had darkened enough to see the stars, and she was vaguely comforted by that.
"It's just impossible for me to travel with Esole Sedai as I stand now," she tried to explain. "It has nothing to do with that stupid feud that is ages old. I hate prejudice. It's the choices she makes that people have to live with, is what I am unable to agree with."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Ethin turned to face Kiae, cold blue eyes fastened to her green eyes, trying to search for an answer. "Why will you not accept her help? On the surface she seems like an irritable child, but you don't know her as well as I," he said calmly. He felt like a child that didn't get something he wanted, and Kiae the mother trying to soothe the child's loss.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:26 pm
"It's not that I won't accept her help," Kiae told him, trying to explain. "It's that I don't feel I can recieve any help from her, only more danger and trouble."
She sighed, and shook her head. "And I don't like bringing people into my danger unless I have to," she added. "I have no doubt the New Order knows of you, and keeps watch, but I've been following them for a much longer time. They know me," she said, fear creeping into her voice. "Light forbid they find my daughter," she added in a whisper, barely audible for the Warder to hear.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:36 pm
Ethin felt sympathy for the Yellow, but it didn't go very far. "You think we do not know danger? We were here for Tarmon Gai'don. Nothing the New Order has now can even come close to that," he replied exasperated. "Bloody women always think others are in over their heads in things they are just as deep in," he thought furiously.
Unconsciously, his arm flexed and his hand tensed on his sword hilt. He had given up his life as a noble to be something more meaningful, and now people thought to keep him from danger. "The Light forbid a Warder come to any harm," he thought wrly. His face contorted into a malicious grin.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 pm
"Light forbid a Warder come to any harm indeed," Kiae replied a bit sharply, fixing her eyes on him. "A Warder becomes the most important thing to a sister. Andurael is to me, I know that," she added gently. "I would rather die than he, although I know his place is to save me."
"I was there for Tarmon Gai'don as well, fool," she added, a bit offended now. "I saw what they did. And I know what this New Order can do. They are led by a Myddraal, Djevik," she told him, shuddering. "It's horrible, the things they concieve. I believe they may grow even more vicious - they have nothing to lose, everything to gain, and fanatics at the wheel."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 pm
"What have I to lose Aes Sedai? My life before my Aes Sedai's. That's the rule of all Gaidin," he said dryly. "You seem to think yourself so different from Esole. She'd let herself die if she thought it would keep me alive."
He shook his head at the Yellow's change of tone. "What did you think being Aes Sedai would mean? Esole knows that it means endangering her life for the greater good. Warders know that to a further extent. For every time and Aes Sedai endangers herself, a Warder does ten-fold. We are as ready as you. Do not underestimate us, Aes Sedai"  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:02 pm
Kiae set her teeth. She had come to explain herself, to apologize, and try to fix what she had hurt in the Warder. Instead, he continued to fling hurtful and accusing words her way as if she was a Darkfriend herself.
"Do not dare lecture me on the ways of a Warder, Ethin," she said warningly, standing and smoothing her skirts out. "I know as well as any Aes Sedai. Because I choose to live my life differently despite that knowledge does not make me stupid. The sooner you and your Aes Sedai learn that people who are different are not always in the wrong, the better."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:10 pm
"If that's what you think I meant, so be it, Aes Sedai. If you are going to leave, so be it. What is the use of trying to start a friendship if we will not see you again?" Ethin demanded heatedly. He was tired of all these difficulties. He knew that things wouldn't always be as he wanted, but this was beginning to become ridiculous?
He was tired of being hurt and disappointed. He stood, staring down into the Aes Sedai's eyes before stepping over the fence and walking aimlessly down the street, muttering angrily under his breath.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:15 pm
"Blood and ashes!" Kiae exclaimed, loud enough she knew the Warder heard her. She had tears in her eyes, and kicked the fencepost with a growled curse.
"If he wants to be friends so badly, he should leave that blasted Aes Sedai he was Bonded to," she muttered to herself, hurt as well. She was unable to help how things worked out - and she was tired of being blamed for it, too. Cobain blamed her, Sevran blamed her, and now Ethin blamed her - all for things she knew were unavoidable.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:23 pm
Ethin nearly stumbled over himself at hearing the Aes Sedai curse. He turned around to find the Yellow kicking the fencepost. He didn't know whether he should go back and apologize or continue walking through the village aimlessly. He chose the former.
Walking back to the Aes Sedai hurriedly, he stopped himself a few paces away when he noticed the tears in her eyes. Had he caused that? "I apologize for speaking so, Aes Sedai," he said slowly as he bowed his head, avoiding Kiae's eyes.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Anthenor Grimoire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:41 pm
Andurael was done scouring the city for traces of danger. It was all too quite, but what he was really doing was looking for Anthenor who vanished as soon as they stabled the horses. Where did one depressed man go to have fun in a small town? The onyl answer he could come up with was drinking, but the never found Anthenor in any of the inns around here. Or the inns come on rooms at least. He decided to find Kiae when a familiar horse and rider came into town, passed the crowd toward him. "Andurael!!!" The man called. It was his brother Eric.  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff