Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inai

9,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:09 pm
I just finished reading Boys Next Door today. I loved it; it's so sweet, in a way, odd as their relationship was, and so sad. Kaori-san's art is so beautiful. heart ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:15 pm
I love this manga it's so sad crying my favourite page is the part where lawr found balloons for adrian....so cute ;;____;; I think the best thing about it also is it challenges the concepts of morality a lot and it's amazing the way she can make one feel pity or sadness for a murderer and a prostitute (both of whom are usually frowned upon in society to say the least sweatdrop ) very cool cool  

machibito

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:37 pm
furitsuzuku
I love this manga it's so sad crying my favourite page is the part where lawr found balloons for adrian....so cute ;;____;; I think the best thing about it also is it challenges the concepts of morality a lot and it's amazing the way she can make one feel pity or sadness for a murderer and a prostitute (both of whom are usually frowned upon in society to say the least sweatdrop ) very cool cool

Kaori Yuki has a way of making her readers root for the underdogs and the unexpected heros, ne.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:55 pm
Sai-kun
furitsuzuku

Kaori Yuki has a way of making her readers root for the underdogs and the unexpected heros, ne.

hehe definitely ^__^  

machibito

OhtarwenElenya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:58 am
They don't have this manga out in English where I live but I did manage to find an online scanlation (if anyone is interested the URL is: http://www.sakura-crisis.net/translations/scanlations.html - You have to download it to read it)

And the translation does take something away from it I think, because Kaori Yuki is already pretty hard to understand and it's even harder to understand with a non-professional translator. At the same time, the power of it is really amazing. This is my favorite of any scanlation I've ever read and my second favorite Kaori Yuki work (Angel Sanctuary is my first.)

It was soooo sad, though. I was crying so hard by the time I was done. It was so incredibly powerful, I didn't even know a manga could make me feel that way (but I found out again in Angel Sanctuary volume nine even though that wasn't quite as sad as BND). I forgot the names of the characters since I read it a long time ago but I really like the boy prostitute.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:30 am
I read the one on SakuraCrisis... I simply adored it. It was all planned so beautifully, and wrapped up neatly at the end. I wanted to hurt Lawr's brother... sweatdrop  

Lumicran_Minamoto

Queen_of_the_random

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:33 am
Lumicran_Minamoto
I read the one on SakuraCrisis... I simply adored it. It was all planned so beautifully, and wrapped up neatly at the end. I wanted to hurt Lawr's brother... sweatdrop
Me to! stressed That b*****d!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:07 pm
Nitogumi
Boys Next Door was my very first Kaori Yuki manga. That single book is the reason I started reading her other books. Shura made a good point with what she said. I never felt repulsed by the boy prostitute or the insane serial killer. I usually just wanted to hug them.

That manga was the most moving manga I've ever read. It still makes me cry when I re-read it.

User Image
I'm trying to keep from crying...I am in study hall after all.

no, don't show me! *tries to keep from crying* I've reread this countless times and each time... *Bites lip* I've got such loose tear ducts....like Yuki-sensei. cry  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:20 pm
Izumi-san
I was reading it in school and I got really depressed and my teacher had no clue I was reading and thought I was insane for sitting in the back of class looking really sad. I had to think of some way to explain how sad the story was and she was like "Oh, can I read it?" so I let her borrow it and she gave it back the next day and told me it was odd and depressing and that I shouldn't bring it into school again. I seriously thought she was going to tel me that it was good too crying
I can feel your pain. I hate it when you feel so strongly about somthing. It connects in some deep way and the somebody acts as if it's not really really important!

I feel bad when people are like that about my stories or poetry too...*sits in corner*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:08 pm
[I loved this mnga]
[I's so sweet, I always cry at the end]
[Or even thinking about the end]

[I love the way Kaori yuki can make you cry over anything]
[Even a serial killer or a prostitute]

[Only Happy When It Rains

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:36 pm

She has that magical ability doesn't she?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:50 am
YGOPaladin

[Yeh, that's what Ireally love about her]
[It's like, she can make the most inhumane thing seem reallylovable=)][(Oops, that's my mule account, btw, I forgot Iwas posting this on my mainXD)

Discussion

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:38 am
Discussion
YGOPaladin

[It's like, she can make the most inhumane thing seem reallylovable=)][(Oops, that's my mule account, btw, I forgot Iwas posting this on my mainXD)

She also has this uncanny ability to make you fall in love with the bad guy/girl, which I find absolutely fascinating. I tend to like the bad guys anyway, so she just makes them that much more cute. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:07 pm
YGOPaladin
Discussion
YGOPaladin

She also has this uncanny ability to make you fall in love with the bad guy/girl, which I find absolutely fascinating. I tend to like the bad guys anyway, so she just makes them that much more cute. 4laugh

[lol, Yeh, same here]  

Discussion

Amaloli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:50 am
I love BND. <3 It's sad, but I think that's what makes it so great. I think everytime I read it, I want to cry (I don't cry very easily >.<).  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff