Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bottle Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:11 am
Good eve.

I have always been interested in the occult. It is all too interesting.

For many years now I have studied different religions. Some well known, other's not so known.

It is a pleasure to meet you all.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:08 pm
Sigh... my previous post was lost due to a browser window freeze so I'll be very brief with this somewhat introduction.

I merely requested membership into this guild. I am a person who has always been interested in accumulating knowledge in whatever areas available especially the realm of knowledge dealing with religion, psychology, spirituality, philosophy, occult, and etc. It can be said that I have too much time on my hands considering how I have, out of sheer curiousity and boredom, researched as many religions as I possibly could get my hands on and, as Murder stated, there really is a lot of connections that can be made from one religion to all the others. In my opinion, religion is nothing more than a preferred pathway to Truth -- all of which lead to the same Truth, just different roads with each one made to suit different people [diversity in action].

I am male, 17 going 18 in March, and am of Roman Catholic religion -- not fundamental mind you, otherwise there would not be any sense in why I am here posting right now. I am a very spiritual person [no, not the happy happy lets sing Christian songs kind of spiritual... I perform various different personal practices and am involved in self spirit/mental/physical force training] and my beliefs and personal morals and ethics would be considered akward for a person of the Catholic faith, however it does run in the family... As for nicknames, Shadow is my common nickname in real life however feel free to call me w/e you like be it Ether, Dark, or even Blarghahamoofalicious.

That should be sufficient information and I shall share more if necessary -- I am the type of person who prefers to maintain an aura of mystery.

Ethereal Darkness

Wrathful Lover

23,425 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Jaenelle Askavi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:14 pm
Hello. I'm Ivy, a 17-year-old college freshman from California. I'll be 18 in February, finally. Currently I'm aiming for a Bachelor's degree in advertising, but what I'd really love to do is study languages. I'm taking beginning French this year and will continue it next year, as well as adding another language or two. I play bass guitar and am a music/knitting/mythology/fantasy fiction nerd.

My dad is an ordained Christian minister (and the son of a Baptist minister) from Indiana, but he doesn't preach; he's the music director at the local Presbyterian church. My mum considers herself to be a born-again Christian - she turned to the church when she discovered she was psychically sensitive, and so of course I cannot speak to either of them about occult matters. However, her twin sister convinced her to take me to the Berkeley Psychic Institute to learn how to shield, so perhaps there is some hope there.

Maewyn
Like a bad peanut, christianity has never agreed with me.
I have to agree with this. Perhaps it was having organized religion shoved down my throat all my life that made me dislike it so much.
I've been studying various forms of paganism (mainly what few Wicca books I can find at the library) on and off for about 5 years. I'm extremely interested in energy manipulation, especially shielding, as I'm rather sensitive to energy and I've had a few experiences that really, truly freaked me out because I didn't know how to deal with it. As I said at the beginning of this post, if Shadow (Ethereal Darkness) hadn't talked me through one particular situation that still haunts me, I don't know how things would have ended up, but they wouldn't have been good.

As a much disliked but occasionally insightful theology teacher once told me, different religions are just paths up the same mountain. I like to believe that, though I know there are many who disagree with me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:05 am
I am Lost Elf. I am very much interested in the Occult and all things magickal. I am a very new pagan who is just leaning the ropes. I belive in reincarnation and all that jazz. ((although I really hate jazz))

That's pretty much it. You'll probly find out more later.  

Milendil

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:51 pm
Holy Hecate, I just noticed (Thanks to Lost Elf) that I've not even posted in here saying hi. XD

So, hi, I'm Mitsh, I'm eighteen, male, and as far as the occult goes, I'm a Chaos Mage. I've been into things like demonology, magick and what have you since I was pretty young (eight or nine - strangely, my mum didn't even discourage me when I could recite the seventy-two spirits of the Goetia by heart o_o), and then at some point my mum and sister bought me a bunch of books on Wicca and such, the interest just sorta escalated from there.

As of just now, I'm sorta flittering between projects - my top two are trying to update the Goetia, and making my own system of Alchemy, but I've been pretty snowed under with work at university til recently, so here's hoping I advance along those lines pretty soon. X3

Other than that, my only skizzles in the occult is knowing a wide range of general information (like, names of gods, practises, people, related events, etc), being pretty decent at writing up spells and rituals, and being able to find information (usually through the wonderful medium of WIKIPEDIA 8D). Sadly, I don't have any cool empathic abilities, nor am I an otherkin, or an Initiate of the Third Degree, or a xtian hater, or whatever. I'm just kinda practical. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:07 am
Mitsh
Sadly, I don't have any cool empathic abilities, nor am I an otherkin, or an Initiate of the Third Degree, or a xtian hater, or whatever. I'm just kinda practical. XD

It's ok that you're not Otherkin (I don't buy into that personally), an Initiate (unless of course you were claiming to be Wiccan and then you'd have to be), and I'm REALLY glad you're not a Christian hater. That doesnt' fly here at all. Welcome to the guild. smile

Lost Elf: Welcome to the guild! I hope you find it infomative and a nice place to ask questions and hang out.

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Simi Knows Best

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:43 am
Why, hello theres! I'm Simi, I'm eighteen and I've been a practicing witch for eight years. <3

I've been through a whole lot in this lifetime and I'm a very old soul. n.n But that's good, with age comes wisdom or so I'm told. I'm not quite sure what everyone would call me but I do know things before they happen, and I am a tiny bit of an empath.

I lucid dream, and my dreams are in vivid technicolor similar to fun interactive movies.

I've got two totem animals, the Owl and the Wolf, and they appear all the time right in front of me. IRL It's very strange at times. But I always feel so much better after seeing them. n.n

Not quite sure what everyone else would call me but I am very weird. Lol

I like me some rock music, I am an artist, and I love me some animals.

I do eat meat, but don't worry! I wear leather too so it's recycling.
xd

Hmm my heritage is Cherokee and a wee bit of Ingrish...xD And I'm aheaded out this summer actually, to check out my familee. It will be fun.

There's plenty more about the Sim to boggle the mind but we'll save that for yet another day, hm? Adieu!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:27 pm
Greetings,

I just joined today, and figured i might as well leave my mark here. As far as what you wish to call me, any form of the word Vampire will work. I do not wish to disclose my real name at this time, but i'm sure it will appear in a thread eventually.

I can chat about pretty much anything, and have a fair amount of knowledge pertaining to most subjects. As I stated when I sent in my guild request, I do not mind do "research" projects, as long as there is a valid reason for doing so (school work, curiosity, ect.)

Well, I believe that about sums it up. If you would like to know anything else, do not hesitate to ask me about it.

Vampyrik
As my name implies, I am a Vampire. I am not Lestat de LionCourt from Anne Rice novels, nor am I the Nosferatu from silent films. I do not wear a cape, turn into a bat, sleep in a coffin, nor am I repelled by churches, crosses, holy water, or garlic. I am not the Hollywood mockery that I'm sure you all have seen... trust me, I'm not that interesting.

Now, let me explain myself a bit more now. I only drink from people who are very close to me. I usually keep the same partner for atleast 2-3 years, sometimes longer (as is the case now since i'm engaged). I've only let 1 person ever drink from me, and it brought a stronger emotional and mental bond to us (tis why I'm engaged now). It's not that I necessarily need blood to live, but i have noticed that going without for a time cause me to be restless and induces painful headaches. I'm deployed with the military right now, so i don't have my source available. The headaches have been getting worse, but not lasting as long.

My true test has been the sun from the desert. Although i do not disintegrate instantly when sunlight touches me, i do sunburn very easily. I can be out in the sun here for under 8 minutes and be burned. My eyes are also extremely light-sensitive. I can see better than most people in darkness.... but not much better. I have to wear SPF 45 sunscreen to be able to take the 15 minute walk to were i work so that i do not get burned.

Lastly, I have way above normal healing. My body regenerates much faster than most people. I also do not scar much at all, and when i do, the scars disappear in under a year. Also, I do not get nearly as sick as most people. I've only been sick twice, and it was from pneumonia both times. When i went in to get my smallpox vaccine, which is a requirement before we can deploy, I had to go to the clinic 7 times because the virus would not take. Finally, they stabbed me about 30 times (3 is the normal), and put me on a plane to come here. It did take in 2 of the spots, and was healed in a week and a half. The average recover time is 1 to 1-1/2 months.

I'm not really asking for anyone to tell me what I am, I'm just here to let people know about me, and about the things that i know. I'm really not special at all, maybe just got a few lucky genes and maybe some damaged ones. I will be already quite a bit, and am up to talk about anything.

Oh, and one last thing. Before anyone says it, let me go ahead and put it out there, NO, I CANNOT "TURN" YOU! You would not believe how many people ask that sad

Vampyrik

Fiendish Scrapper

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:45 pm
Howdy!

I'm abarrach. I'm a 29yo gay man. Lately I've been describing myself as a Pagan-curious Agnostic Seeker.

I've always been attracted to the occult. On our weekly library trips, when all the other kids in the class would take out books like the Babysitters club, I was picking books on astrology, Atlantis, the Bermuda Triangle, Babylone, etc.

I was raised Catholic until about age 12, when my mom and I started studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses. I was with the JW for about 7 years or so, but I was never baptised, i.e. I never committed, so *technically* I was never a JW, but from most people's perspective, I was. During that time, all things occult were put on hold for me. The JW were very much against any divinatory tools, spirit work, and most rituals. However, I did learn a lot from studying the Bible.

Now, I'm back in the occult research. My focus recently has been on Tarot and astrology, but I've also dabbled with numerology, theoretical alchemy (i.e. no lab work), Qabalah, and a few other subjects I can't think of at the moment. The most interesting thing I find is that they are all interelated.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:04 pm
Welcome Vampyrik, Simi and Aarrach! I look forward very much to hearing from you all on different topics!  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Loagaeth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:34 pm
Hello everyone! I'm Loagaeth (Loa is fine), and I'm an "occultist", atleast that is the term for it that satisfies me the most. When I was a child I was raised very strict baptist, but of course, situations in life change, and as I grew older I was given the opportunity to look into pagan practices. Over the years I have ended up growing into a more occult interest, which I can thank one wonderful Enochian book for! That is one summer I will never forget. Namely, I focus on rituals involving angels and spirits, sometimes demons... mostly those influenced by the old grimoires. Enochian and angel magick are two of my absolute favorites, with demon-lore and the Goetia taking a very close second. I also am completely in love with tarot cards, spirits, divination, herbs, astrology, and most of all... BOOKS! I am always looking for any chance I can find to sink my claws into some more esoteric knowledge! Hopefully we'll all get along just fine biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:04 pm
Well, First things first, I am german, I am 25, I am white and I am a hougan of the Loa that goes by the name of Baron Samedi. I live in a nice little city, where there are 5000 followers of the vodoo, and I know other hougans there.
If you are going to attack my credebility, go on. I am above the point where I still need to show what the vodoo can do, or how close I am with my loa. But if you try anything offensive, just google the Baron Samedi. Like most hougans I know,I have adopted varoius character-traits of his personality, and do not say i warned you....
Other than that, I am a student of the Informatics /japanese in first year, through my work have expreience as a teacher, a nurse, a haircutter, a repairsman, a herbal doctor, a gravedigger, a diviner, a matchmaker, a sexpert, a lawyer, a baarroom brawler, a judge, a mover, a barber, a gynaecologist, and much more. Name it, I have done it. I believe that you have to work your magic, which was given to you by somebody/thing through your own two hands work for the community, but you might only take what they offer you in return. For me, it is practical work ofver theory every day.
Since it seems to be kind of a tradition to brag about what you can do or you are, here I go.
- I smoke about two packs a day
- i drink much more than I should. Mostly Rum and Absinth
- I still have a body as healthy as a horse.
- I showed as much as eight little babies the light of the world, because their mothers were not able to pay for the doctor or the hospital
- I once faced a grown man seemingly posessed by a demon, and scared the living s**t out of the agressive little bugger by beating his sorry a** to a pulp.
- The only time I seriously used the hodoo was to keep my community away from any kind of drugs, prostitution, crime or abusive behaviour. Since word got spread that people having to do with this get strange dreams and fail at having sex repeatedly, our quarter is the cleanest of them all.

Well, if you expected more, ask. I will not brag about what I have done or not, but if you should have some kind of problem, I will be happy to help.  

Baltazaar

Nuadu

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:41 pm
Ah, the obligatory introductory post.

Lets see. I'm in my 30s, married, with child (she's just over 4 months old now), living in the Chicago-land area (you know, me and 6 million other people). I am a practicing ceremonial magician who combines elements of Renaissance occultisms with traditional Jewish Kabbalah, though I have a fairly extensive background in the Golden Dawn system.

Beyond that, a fairly boring individual: finishing up a PhD, teaching some classes at a local community college, practice martial arts, read a lot, watch too much television and play the occasional RPG; frequently all at once.

I suppose if there is anything else someone would like to know, well, they can always ask.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:51 pm
Hey, I'm Ges, despite the G, it is a K noise. Don't blame me, french settlers decided the spelling. Okay, that's enough of that.

This is the part I hate, what do I say here?...

Well, my three core belief systems are Sanatana-Dharma (Vedic Hinduism pre-5th Century), Vajrayana, and Chaos Magic. Sometimes people look at me strange when I say that, but I honestly think Vajrayana (and to a lesser extent Sanatana-Dharma) are very much the same school of thought as Chaos Magic, but sadly writing out essays on why are put off in favour of other essays.

Though, between those three things, I'm very well read in most areas of magic and religion. My life, as nerdy as it may seem, revolves around my spiritual studies. I read a lot, and thus have no more room on my bookcases...I'll fix it though, I'm getting rid of my fiction I was given, I never read it. When it comes to types of Occult work, rather than belief systems, my focus is on Tarot as a humanistic empowerment tool and psychological aid, astrology (studying with a professional astrologer in the city), traditional Japanese Reiki (very different from western forms which most people are familiar with), energy work, and the structure of the Energy Body.

God, I hate these type of posts, I either feel like I'm hyping myself up, or like I'm trying to out credential someone...

I've been getting more and more into Ceremonial Magick recently. I'm a Rakshasa (Otherkin), I run an Otherkin Guild here on Gaia, and I run Toronto's longest running Otherkin social gather.

I'm a pantheistic solipsist, so don't argue with me, I always win wink

On the "mundane" side of things, I'm 22, live in Toronto (Scarborough actually...), I'm an anti-oppressive based Youth Program Worker four days a week, on Monday I'm a Tarot Consultant, Astrologer and Reiki practitioner. I'm trans, pansexual, polyamorous, and all those other things your parents warned you about wink I've been engaged to my Mate for three years now, and it is a great relationship.

Hmmm, I think that covers my basics.  

Ges

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:49 am
Hallo Hallo.

My name here is GnosisMonster. Kind of a gag Name really. I prefer Rookherst. Or Rook.

I've Been Interested in the Occult along time, and i'm Currently 21. I've studied Enochian Magic(but never had the guts to actually practice), as well as Goetic, Chaos, and Typhonic Magic.

I've also worked with Aboriginal American Spirituality, and many other forms spirituality.

I'm currently in the midst of developing my own system, and hopefully information from here will be a great aid.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff